Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,226 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? (3854 Views)

If These Were Your Teachers, What Class Would You Never Miss? / Hilarious Nicknames Given To Your Teachers When You're In Secondary School... / Nicknames Your Teachers Were Given In School And How They Earned It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by Bryan12(m): 9:45am On Nov 22, 2012
I could recall back then, while i was still in my elementary level of schooling I used to be one hell of a thomas, whenever teachers say''weird things''in classes I would always be the one to oppose*not openly*.

I always tell my classmates that what the teacher was saying were cooked up lies and they believed me little did I know that I was in a way spoiling the image of the teacher....the worst was that I never changed till I graduated from high school.

After some months of graduation I came across a quote "the one way to destroy what you're trying to say is by trying to teach your teachers". To cut it short...I think that quote changed me. sometimes I always want to cry if i remember what i did in schools...
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by k2039: 10:08am On Nov 22, 2012
Not until I got into the university.
I argued with my lecturer that he was wrong in the presence of my classmates,and I even had the gut to go to the board to prove it,but the lecturer never accepted that he was wrong.

When the lecture was about to end,he put a question on the board,he was yet to teach us,luckily for me I already studied ahead of the class,so I destroyed his question.

After the lectures,he told me never to prove my lecturer wrong in front of my classmates.

Though I felt like a superstar(it was a general course and most of my faculty mates were in class),but a lot of people had to advise me after the lectures never to try what I did again.

I was lucky the lecturer didnt mark me down.

I never tried proving a lecturer wrong afterwards because I realise I may not be lucky to pass his course
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by Bryan12(m): 10:32am On Nov 22, 2012
k2039: Not until I got into the university.
I argued with my lecturer that he was wrong in the presence of my classmates,and I even had the gut to go to the board to prove it,but the lecturer never accepted that he was wrong.

When the lecture was about to end,he put a question on the board,he was yet to teach us,luckily for me I already studied ahead of the class,so I destroyed his question.

After the lectures,he told me never to prove my lecturer wrong in front of my classmates.

Though I felt like a superstar(it was a general course and most of my faculty mates were in class),but a lot of people had to advise me after the lectures never to try what I did again.

I was lucky the lecturer didnt mark me down.

I never tried proving a lecturer wrong afterwards because I realise I may not be lucky to pass his course
bro.Your very lucky.i don't think i'd dare that in the uni

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by k2039: 10:53am On Nov 22, 2012
Bryan12: bro.Your very lucky.i don't think i'd dare that in the uni
I was still in year one,so I guess the lecturer new the JJC syndrome was running in my blood.I dare not try it in subsequent years,infact I got an E in a course for justifying an excuse in year two.
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by Bryan12(m): 1:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
k2039:
I was still in year one,so I guess the lecturer new the JJC syndrome was running in my blood.I dare not try it in subsequent years,infact I got an E in a course for justifying an excuse in year two.
hahahahagringringrin
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by labamo07(m): 2:03pm On Nov 22, 2012
I argued with my mathematics teacher back then in my secondary sch days (I.O.G.S) and he was arguable the best teacher in maths in the whole school but confronted him politely.........
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by packman: 2:10pm On Nov 22, 2012
OP you nko
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
Bryan12: bro.Your very lucky.i don't think i'd dare that in the uni
Over sabi dey worry him.He is the type that hoards materials from fellow coursemates so that only him will get an A
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
Just once!....corrected him about the spelling for "refrigerator"... Since then...I don't do such again!....Js2 btw.
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by naturalwaves: 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
Wow! I did that a lot when I was in secondary school, not because I intentionally wanted to test the teacherd but because I would have solved some very dificult maths question and will want to see if there are other approaches. Unfortunately, I made a lot of teachers sweat profusely on the chalk board.
I had an insatiable love for Mathematics and Physics.
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by GentleNaaz(m): 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
I once askd my English teacher, "if Ada is a girl n Obi is a boy, who is Adaobi?" he left d class angrilly :>

3 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by psychu: 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2012
Yeah! My math teacher in secondary school. He got the whole thing mixed up and the answer came up with a negative sign. I pointed out where the error was but he insisted that I was wrong, we argued until voices were raised.
He banned me from attending his classes until I wrote my SSCE, not even the vice principal could intervene. It was a government school so nothing much I could do except to apologize which I refused to do.
The guy even swore that there is practically no way I could make A3 in mathematics but I disappointed him big time. grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by Bryan12(m): 2:26pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ada Nri1:
Over sabi dey worry him.He is the type that hoards materials from fellow coursemates so that only him will get an A
gringringringrin.surething
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by MacLovington(m): 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2012
I did it in secondary school. It was in a physics class (not practical)in the lab. This teacher had a way of doing abracadabra calculations. It was in mechanics. Now we had already covered the topic in additional maths class.

We had be planning to confront him one day but we wanted to wait for GCE results (external candidates)to be out.
Once the results were out and most of us passed the five subjects we needed, it was time to do it. We were in class 4 of the old 5-year secondary system.
After one of those abracadabra calculations, I said sir, can you explain how you arrived at your answer? He gave an unsatisfactory answer and started deriding me instead. He went on to say that at this rate, you can never make WAEC.

Another boy in my group said but he already has all the 5 papers took in the last GCE. Students were laughing.
He said so these days WAEC just dash papers to everybody, so that's why he's proving too know now!

Fact is we never got much encouragement to be inquisitive and excel. Our curiosity was suppressed. A lot of boys in my group had the ability to be at university at the age of 15.

That's why I encouraged my niece to leave secondary school with two years to go when I saw her brilliance. She finished Uni at 19.
Teachers out there should not see students' questions as a challenge. You might just be having the privilege to teach students not far way from being geniuses. Nurture, don't stifle.

At Uni, the prof didn't see it as a challenge, in fact he was grateful for it. This was in the West. I don't know how a Naija prof would have taken it.
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by Bryan12(m): 2:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
psychu: Yeah! My math teacher in secondary school. He got the whole thing mixed up and the answer came up with a negative sign. I pointed out where the error was but he insisted that I was wrong, we argued until voices were raised.
He banned me from attending his classes until I wrote my SSCE, not even the vice principal could intervene. It was a government school so nothing much I could do except to apologize which I refused to do.
The guy even swore that there is practically no way I could make A3 in mathematics but I disappointed him big time. grin
hahahaha.have you changed?
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by salafiyy: 2:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
...all actions are judge base on intentions...
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by Khayordhe: 2:35pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mehn! If i knw say my lecturer is wrong....na 2 kip quiet o....cuz sum lecturers no dey accept dere mistake nd dem fit hammer any student wey try 2 correct dem
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by Bryan12(m): 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2012
salafiyy: ...all actions are judge base on intentions...
it depends
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by Bryan12(m): 2:39pm On Nov 22, 2012
Khayordhe: Mehn! If i knw say my lecturer is wrong....na 2 kip quiet o....cuz sum lecturers no dey accept dere mistake nd dem fit hammer any student wey try 2 correct dem
yhu knw......grin
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by psychu: 2:43pm On Nov 22, 2012
Bryan12: hahahaha.have you changed?
I think I have smiley
The guy was mean sha! He dropped me from all competitions!
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by Bryan12(m): 2:45pm On Nov 22, 2012
Am so exicited!!!_ma 1st topic on NL have reached frontpage!!!

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by Bryan12(m): 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
psychu:
I think I have smiley
The guy was mean sha! He dropped me from all competitions!
goodgrin
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by HGleader(f): 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
I always argued with my lecturers during my ATS days expecially my Taxation,Business Law,Management,Government Accounting and BAPS lecturers.
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by Bryan12(m): 3:04pm On Nov 22, 2012
HGleader: I always argued with my lecturers during my ATS days expecially my Taxation,Business Law,Management,Government Accounting and BAPS lecturers.
thats what makes you a woman wink
HGleader: I always argued with my lecturers during my ATS days expecially my Taxation,Business Law,Management,Government Accounting and BAPS lecturers.
thats what makes you a woman
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by 9ja4us: 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2012
Thinking about this post...

I actually challenged my further mathematics teacher in secondary school, he was a co-rp member then.
It was so fuzzy in my head, the only thing i could do was to make create more confusion for him.
Interestingly, i think i made sense out of my nonsense....and everybody thought i was the hottest further maths student!

He is still my friend (my teacher) and he kinds of respect me for that challenge.

Life and the way it all comes together
I no kuku do the further maths for Waec, so i still live on the brilliant girl image....ehw!
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by sholajohn(f): 3:14pm On Nov 22, 2012
Haahaahaa. I did, 1ce!!! While i was in SS3, our math teacher made a mistake while solving an equation. Immediately, i pointed it out 2 him though i was scared while doin it bcz the man ve anger issues. After lyk 5mins of argument with him, he accepted and dat earned me an xtra portion of rice during lunch since he was also the kitchen master. lol.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2012
Rule # 1 if u want to b successful in life
*NEVER OUTSHINE YOUR MASTER*

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by Bryan12(m): 3:35pm On Nov 22, 2012
nikkykay: Rule # 1 if u want to b successful in life
even if he's wrong?
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by john365: 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2012
nikkykay: Rule # 1 if u want to b successful in life

48 Laws of Power.

i was a God in my skol until i left, if a teacher says its BOY and i say its BOI, my own goes a correct.
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by greall1: 4:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ok.
Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by tompat86(m): 5:12pm On Nov 22, 2012
i tried to confuse my GNS(Use of English)lecturer when i was in year 2....
i asked him,if "give her her book is correct,wht about give him him book,give us us book and give them them book...the whole class went wild

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Doubt/Criticize Your Teachers When You Were In School? by KDULAR: 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2012
Never doubted but criticized my physics teacher in secodary school for using our lesson time for another school who was paying him because the school had no physics teacher. I paid for it because the guy always had a reason to either flog me pieces or send me out of hi8s classes. This continued up till about few days before mock exams ! Ol boy I suffered the consequences

(1) (2) (Reply)

Update On Kenya University Attack - 147 Students Killed (graphic) / Rivers State School Of Nursing Admission Form For 2015/16 Is Currently On Sale. / Photo. ! See What's Happening In Nigeria University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.