Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Can I Sue These Corrupt Tithe-collecting Pastors For Contravening The Scripture? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Sue These Corrupt Tithe-collecting Pastors For Contravening The Scripture? (645 Views)

Reasons Why Men Of God Don't Preach This Part Of The Scripture (bible). / Where Does The Bible Say "Leave Misbehaving Pastors For God To Judge"? / MFM Fires 50 Pastors For Stealing Church Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Sue These Corrupt Tithe-collecting Pastors For Contravening The Scripture? by truthseeker9ja: 11:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
[b]The write up of ms Abimbola Adelakun of Punch newspaper "jail is too good for Nigerian pastors" reminded me of an experience we brethrens of Church of Christ had on our open-air evangelism in Okota-Lagos.My preacher publicly evangelised on the ignorance of tithing by denominations who professed to be christians warning them on the sin in ignoring the christian facts that was givienin the new testament written for christian doctrines forbids tithing,as a matter of fact 1cor 16 and 2 cor 9 confirmed that "giving is no longer out of necessity or compulsion(as against tithing which mandates 10%),it is as you purposeth in your mind",no sooner did he end the preaching that some wives of these fAKE CORRUPT pastors verbally assaulted him for 'preaching heresy'.it was that day that I knew that these pastors are using these churches to criminally enrich themselves and their families.Due to the preponderence of these fake pastors and their gullible followers,I completely took it for granted that in my church,there is no general overseer,no headquaters or central administration of command,no tithing or christmas celebrations because christ expressly stated in Luke 22 how he should be remembered only by the breaking of bread and no craze for political patronage!!!

I wondered if these church business will be as lucrative as it is if we follow the new testament instruction on giving to the letter
Can I sue these fake pastors on the account of the scriptural contradiction in tithing when christians have been warned against it in the new testament and established facts that tithing is meant for the Jew Levite family who were not giving a land when it was shared among the 12 tribes of Isreal? [/b]

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue These Corrupt Tithe-collecting Pastors For Contravening The Scripture? by truthseeker9ja: 12:38am On Nov 23, 2012
pls,I want to know if it is possible in the nigerian jurisprudence as a matter of public concern
Re: Can I Sue These Corrupt Tithe-collecting Pastors For Contravening The Scripture? by ijigbamigb(m): 7:52am On Nov 23, 2012
OP
Well, you can't sue them because I don't think our Judiciary has the capacity to entertain such cases as we all know how difficult it is to interpret the gospel.
One thing about the Bible is that it can be used from 2 contradictory positions and it all depends on how you interpret it (which I think ONLY the grace of God can teach).
From a personal experience, this month makes it a year that I have stepped into a church. Why is this? I am always quarreling with Pastors over this tithe issue. They are often eager to know how much I earn and to monitor me every moment. When I don't pay for months, they become furious and start acting funny. This happens to not just me but other heavy tithers in the church. It is very annoying because I ACTUALLY do not work with the 10% tithe thing, I just give base on my individual covenant with my God. Example: If I apply for a contract, I pray to God to make it work out well and I will dedicate some certain percent to his course (either through helping the needy or funding ANY church's project and not just the one I attend), this sometimes may be 30 percent, 20percent or even 5%, depending on my profit. I just had to leave the church because I felt too monitored.
So right now, I prefer to take my whatever percent or tithe to those that need it most.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue These Corrupt Tithe-collecting Pastors For Contravening The Scripture? by mumumugu(m): 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2012
U CANT .
Re: Can I Sue These Corrupt Tithe-collecting Pastors For Contravening The Scripture? by PastorKun(m): 2:33pm On Nov 23, 2012
@OP
You can't sue them but they would definitely have God to answer to on the last day.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Churches, Mosques To Render Account From January / Bitter Truths Of Life / A Jewish Boycott

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.