Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,310 members, 7,829,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Is Nokia N8 Worth Buying? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Nokia N8 Worth Buying? (1707 Views)

Is Nokia N9 In Nigeria / How Much Is Nokia C6-01 / How Much Is Nokia C6 Or Nokia X6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nokia N8 Worth Buying? by tonigreen: 6:44am On Nov 23, 2012
i needed to buy Nokia N8 but had to read the reviews about the phone,the positive and negative experiences shared by many reviewers on net were 50:50. i'm a kind of confused. plz house has anyone used the phone? wat's the performance like? is it worth buying?
Re: Is Nokia N8 Worth Buying? by scotweezy(m): 10:56am On Nov 23, 2012
The Important questions is: wat ar ur needs in a phone?
Re: Is Nokia N8 Worth Buying? by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 23, 2012
Consider a more recent phone.
Re: Is Nokia N8 Worth Buying? by reumat(m): 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2012
dat phone is moredan worth having. Enjoying mine. d HD GAMESS is owsome. U can use wireless mouse, keyboard and flash driv or external hard disc with d phone. 12mps camera if u snap at night it seems is day time. And it turns lcd tv to touch screen also with projector. D screen is gorilla glass spotles. U can aire any music u play and anyone dat tun 2 d frequency u chose will get ur music. Dudu dont dull. D phone tight pass skin tight

1 Like

Re: Is Nokia N8 Worth Buying? by Jeffy1206(m): 6:57am On Nov 24, 2012
Is worth havin men.is wat I hav nw I really nid anoda fone bt for de luv hmmmm
Re: Is Nokia N8 Worth Buying? by jedisco(m): 9:19am On Nov 24, 2012
You should get something more recent. Apart from the camera, the phone is out-dated in the symbian world.
Re: Is Nokia N8 Worth Buying? by tonigreen: 9:50am On Nov 24, 2012
jedisco: You should get something more recent. Apart from the camera, the phone is out-dated in the symbian world.

like which one?
Re: Is Nokia N8 Worth Buying? by jedisco(m): 10:31am On Nov 24, 2012
tonigreen:

like which one?

After the N8 came C7, E7 and others. They were largely thesame with some subtle differences like camera quality, screen size, internal memory e.t.c but they can largely be regarded as thesame generation of symbian^3

After those, 701, 700 e.t.c were released out of which 701 was the best. These ones had twice the RAM better GPUs and also twice the processor speed and a slightly larger battery among other things.
These also debuted with symbian belle which was updated to belle fp1 and later fp2.
Though the older devices got belle, afterwards they only got belle refresh which is more of a cut down version of fp1.
What you get with these is a vastly better performance than previous devices which were BTW not bad.
Not too long ago, 808 was released which added a 41MP camera and a inch screen but with almost thesame internals. It together with 701 and co can be largely considered as another generation.
So all-in-all, 808 is currently the best symbian device while 701 at its price offers the best value for money. If you've got the money then go for 808.

Before I forget, Nokia 500 was also released with 701 but it's pretty much a low end device running belle.
Re: Is Nokia N8 Worth Buying? by Jeffy1206(m): 11:44am On Nov 24, 2012
If u got money go for 808 is de best deal on symbian tink it go for around 85k or more
Re: Is Nokia N8 Worth Buying? by moveon1: 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2012
N8 has lots of bugs especially d one runng on belle d worst is d belle refreash update that is on now. But is still a strong phone i will advise when u buy it, it will be in Nokia Anna do not upgrade to belle.Anna runs smoothly no flaws.
Re: Is Nokia N8 Worth Buying? by Jeffy1206(m): 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2012
Really njoyin de belle refresh av not had any issue as yet infact ever since de upgrade ave had a better ba3 performance...
Re: Is Nokia N8 Worth Buying? by tonigreen: 9:58am On Nov 25, 2012
jedisco:

After the N8 came C7, E7 and others. They were largely thesame with some subtle differences like camera quality, screen size, internal memory e.t.c but they can largely be regarded as thesame generation of symbian^3

After those, 701, 700 e.t.c were released out of which 701 was the best. These ones had twice the RAM better GPUs and also twice the processor speed and a slightly larger battery among other things.
These also debuted with symbian belle which was updated to belle fp1 and later fp2.
Though the older devices got belle, afterwards they only got belle refresh which is more of a cut down version of fp1.
What you get with these is a vastly better performance than previous devices which were BTW not bad.
Not too long ago, 808 was released which added a 41MP camera and a inch screen but with almost thesame internals. It together with 701 and co can be largely considered as another generation.
So all-in-all, 808 is currently the best symbian device while 701 at its price offers the best value for money. If you've got the money then go for 808.
Before I forget, Nokia 500 was also released with 701 but it's pretty much a low end device running belle.

Thnx my bro. i really appreciate ur detailed explanation. remain blessed.
Is the 701 still in the market, becos i couldn't get it @ onitsha. (Anambra state)
Re: Is Nokia N8 Worth Buying? by jedisco(m): 3:01pm On Nov 25, 2012
tonigreen:

Thnx my bro. i really appreciate ur detailed explanation. remain blessed.
Is the 701 still in the market, becos i couldn't get it @ onitsha. (Anambra state)

of course it's still in the market. Maybe you should check a different shop.
Re: Is Nokia N8 Worth Buying? by okunfemm(m): 3:22am On Nov 26, 2012
Pls wat d price, difference/functions for nokia E5 & N8
Re: Is Nokia N8 Worth Buying? by kingkayz: 4:16am On Nov 27, 2012
A month old Nokia N8 ƒσя sale. All accessories still intact. Phone in almost new condition with belle refresh os. Price 42k. Serious buyer only call 08034278076

(1) (Reply)

Archos 59 Xenon 5.9inch Android Smartphone. / Solution To Phone Not Charging / Quote If You Have Infinix Hot 3 Pro Panel For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.