Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack (13261 Views)

Akiolu Slams Obasanjo, Denies Endorsing Buhari / PDP Governors Prostrate For Obasanjo Over Jonathan / NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by deathmen12: 11:21am On Nov 23, 2012
I expect Gowon to know better
No sane nation on this planet negotiates with terrorists
You can't kill security representatives of a state even if you are a member of that state& expect a pat on the back
In America, cop killers are hunted down viciously
I'm not a fan boy of OBJ but he got the Odi and Zaki Biam calls right
True, the military were heavy handed in their response [they should be better trained on how to flush out insurgents in communities without collateral damage for we see similar tactics in the BH areas]but did you hear soldiers or policemen been killed in those places afterward? huh huh
Ebele should go shut up and sit down
Was it not after the the military came to Odi he and his then boss [Alams] were able to enter the town?
Let him stick to eating his fish peppersoup till May 2015 cool cool

MAYBE U DONT HAVE ANY IDEAL OF WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. DID YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO WIPE OUT A GENERATION JUST BECAUSE YOU WHAT TO STOP SOME GROUP OF MILITANTS? HOW WILL U FEEL WHEN U COME BACK HOME ONE DAY, YOUR MUM AND YOUR DAD HAS BE KILLED BECAUSE OF THE CRIME OF YOU YOUNGER BROTHER? (BRO THINK)

2 Likes

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by finezlord: 11:24am On Nov 23, 2012
Gowon is an idiot, is not the same gowon that ordered the killing of biafran civilians both women and children? and he is here condemning obj for odi killings,gowon suppose to be in hague for all the atrocities he committed during his time as head of state though it was not on merit because of the yoruba,s cowardly nature.
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by finezlord: 11:25am On Nov 23, 2012
Gowon is an idiot is not the same gowon that ordered the killing of biafran civilians both women and children? and he is here condemning obj for odi killings,gowon suppose to be in hague for all the atrocities he committed during his time as head of state though it was not on merit because of the yoruba,s cowardly nature.

1 Like

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by lorddannie: 11:27am On Nov 23, 2012
Gentle Naaz: Gurock Ebeye Jolatan n Oyuchegu Abayanjo, i tohught btoh are mnsaet man
is this french or swahili. Please translate in English.
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by Elueme: 11:28am On Nov 23, 2012
Gowon was right, he was coming from a statesman's angle. Akintola was on point, OBasanjo should have kept an absolute silence instead of going to the cleaners via his ever garrulous aid, Fani Kayode. The time has changed, Nigeria is getting more civilized by the day. OBasanjo did what was necessary in Oddi and Zaki Ibiam though wrong when wholistically perused but you can't apply such in contemporary Nigeria. It would worsen the situation. I think OBasanjo is looking for an avenue to quick up quarrel with the president or trying to set him up.. All is towards 2015.
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by BarryX(m): 11:30am On Nov 23, 2012
We keep seeing the same scenerio play itself out with lashing and counter-lashings by our self-acclaimed leaders (of which none is mine) . The other day we saw some public bashing between OBJ and IBB , and who really saw the end of that? These people keep playing on our intelligence as if we are that dumbstruck with ignorance , BTW, we are aware they still sit together in their high çubicles and strategise on how to milk the country dry and monopolise power and policies to their advantage. So this IN-HOUSE ARRANGEMENT and OUT-HOUSE PUBLIC DISARRANGEMENT should stop. Got better ish to tidy
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 23, 2012
if it is my village that security agents were murdered with impunity then O Yes!I will even go to the extent of pointing houses!
chuksmad:
i don't think you get it right my friend.Sending soldiers to massacre innocent people at Odi is barbaric and unjustified. If it is your village, will u support the invasion? Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by deathmen12: 11:41am On Nov 23, 2012
[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][sub][/sub] smiley cheesy[/color][color=#770077]
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 23, 2012
Gowon is just as evil as Obasanjo!! evil talking about evil. He has no right to correct anyone!
Obj killed in thousands while he(gowon) killed in millions.
Gowon and Obj can stick each other d..ick into each other ugly a..s.s
monkeys!!

2 Likes

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by teskyg: 11:55am On Nov 23, 2012
Please asked,Obasanjo what he did to stop the killing of Christians and burning of their Properties during the Danish Cartoon protest in the North?Many Churches were burnt down during that protest well organized and executed by Ali Modu Sheriff foot soldiers (Boko Haram and Ecomog) during that period.Can OBJ tell us those arrested were prosecuted?

Their was also burning and killings of Innocent Civilians during the Beauty Pagent in Nigeria during OBJ tenure?What did he do?They quickly cancelled the Pagent.

OBJ is a coward.He should just shut the fck up.

3 Likes

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by sunkoye: 12:40pm On Nov 23, 2012
lightheart: And Oga Gowon did not send soldiers to massacre innocentis during the Nigeria-Biafra fiasco baa?
All this double standards sha.
dont mind the man, he tot u wont remember ni....

1 Like

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by GoodNigerian: 1:01pm On Nov 23, 2012
lightheart: And Oga Gowon did not send soldiers to massacre innocentis during the Nigeria-Biafra fiasco baa?
All this double standards sha.
Gbam! His lasted for 3 years with over 3 million unaccounted for till date.

1 Like

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by tomakint: 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
juman: Gen. Gowon deserve a gift of a private jet. grin
For what? How old are you baby boy? The sooner you realised that Obasanjo is the one who is going to be vindicated on this one, the better for you! Tell me the level of security we have achieved against the Boko Haram insurgents? In case u don't know, Boko still attacked and killed yesterday(thursday)! Who is Gowon? The same clown that wasted 2millions Biafrans now condemning an Obasanjo for invading Odi? Obj will respond!

1 Like

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by naughtybig(m): 1:07pm On Nov 23, 2012
Melancholy: It obvious that gej is sluggish.So for jonathan not to accept a constructive criticism, am afraid gej administration is going to be the poorest tenure in nigeria
...already the poorest.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by just4sola: 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2012
GEJ IS WEAK..

1 Like

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by ochukoccna: 1:17pm On Nov 23, 2012
just4sola: GEJ IS WEAK..
A real tragedy seeing Nigeria needs strong focused visionary leadership

1 Like

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by omibia(m): 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2012
If Obasanjo sent soldiers to Odi community to kill innocent citizens (as claimed, but not supported by me though), may I ask then whom our GEJ has been sending(using boko haram in disguise) to kill?
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by naughtybig(m): 1:20pm On Nov 23, 2012
deathmen12: I expect Gowon to know better
You can't kill security representatives of a state even if you are a member of that state& expect a pat on the back
True, the military were heavy handed in their response [they should be better trained on how to flush out insurgents in communities without collateral damage for we see similar tactics in the BH areas]but did you hear soldiers or policemen been killed in those places afterward? huh huh
Was it not after the the military came to Odi he and his then boss [Alams] were able to enter the town?

MAYBE U DONT HAVE ANY IDEAL OF WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. DID YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO WIPE OUT A GENERATION JUST BECAUSE YOU WHAT TO STOP SOME GROUP OF MILITANTS? HOW WILL U FEEL WHEN U COME BACK HOME ONE DAY, YOUR MUM AND YOUR DAD HAS BE KILLED BECAUSE OF THE CRIME OF YOU YOUNGER BROTHER? (BRO THINK)
....i will feel bad. But the crime of my younger brother is also the crime of my parents and of me, it shows how irresponsible we have been in raising him. I would gladly die too. In ancient societies, when a man commits treason,not only is he killed but also his family up to three generations! Even God before jesus came said he would visit the sins of the father upon the children up to the 7th generations! Lesson, lets build better families we would have a better nation.
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by ochukoccna: 1:24pm On Nov 23, 2012
deathmen12: I expect Gowon to know better

I am thinking
But if my mother and father choose to shield my younger brother from the law after he broke the law, do they expect me to become transform into Superman to come seek revenge shocked shocked
Nah!
By doing that, they become accessories to the crime too
Did the Odi or Zaki Biam communities expect the FG to fold their hands in Abuja while their representatives were getting massacred?
No sir, especially when the FG is not lily livered Ebele grin grin
The way the Army responded was high handed [this I said before& I doubt OBJ sent the Army to commit genocide as the way our military & paramilitary units respond is with maximum force which is due to bad training more than anything] else but no sane government negotiates with terrorists even if the terrorists are its own citizens

With hindsight now, every one can see the so called militancy thing was a sham as Ijaws have hung a do not disturb sign on Aso Rock doors and are busy chopping instead of championing the demand for a just Nigeria now that their son has the keys to the treasury cry cry
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by Hardfact: 2:05pm On Nov 23, 2012
Gen Gowon and his hollier than thou attitude. They are all birds of same feather. Like he never supervised such barbarism while he was in charge. By now he'd better taken his place in the world of oblivion where he rightly belongs.

1 Like

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2012
lacasa:

U wanted a war u culdnt win and µя here making noise.

Nxt time think twice b4 u call for WARr wink

A lot people killed during the Biafran War were unarmed Women and Children. Those who wanted war were armed people, not the murdere.d women and children. It was a complete Genocide. So Gowon has no right to talk. They are all evil including Goodluck keeping quiet and watching innocent Nigerians getting Slaughtered by Boko Haram.

Goodluck should have begun exposing the sponsors of this evil group but till now, nothing.
angry

1 Like

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by thelastPope(m): 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2012
naughtybig: ....i will feel bad. But the crime of my younger brother is also the crime of my parents and of me, it shows how irresponsible we have been in raising him. I would gladly die too. In ancient societies, when a man commits treason,not only is he killed but also his family up to three generations! Even God before jesus came said he would visit the sins of the father upon the children up to the 7th generations! Lesson, lets build better families we would have a better nation.

You are a true hypocrite. Posing to be a hero on NL with your funny pseudo name. If you see commmon army bulala, can you wait? You just making noise here. You will even die. lol. Where were you during the last subsidy protest? I am sure you are saying that with a bottle of star in your hands. I shame for you.
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by POTUT(m): 3:12pm On Nov 23, 2012
Regardless of who has led nigeria, that same intractable incapacity to gather information, process it with high fidelity and produce actionable intelligence has passed on from one administration to the other.
Gowin, Obj, IBB and now GEJ have used the same tactics to visit crude solutions on the nigerian problem - deliberately sending soldiers to any location to quash insurgents.
What happened to taking the pains to gather intelligence and using SSS to surgically arrest gangleaders?
The Nigerian soldier - that enigmatic and mysterious internal problem solver has been visiting his wrath on every part of the country since independence. Biafra, Zango Kataf, Odi, Zaki Biam, Maiduguri...Its simply round robin, I wonder whose next...expect it if you haven't had it yet.
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by HammedSodiqq: 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2012
el-patch:
If the benefit outweighs the risk,why not?
But there is no way the benefit will outweigh the risk. Obviously, the number of casualties that will be recorded will be greater than whatever the goal would be. Sensible govt can't risk he lives of women, children, and the old. Govt must tread with caution.
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by Arosa(m): 4:39pm On Nov 23, 2012
Gen. Gowon said: “Obasanjo is highly irresponsible to have made such comments about the present government.
“Many people have condemned what he (Obasanjo) did in Odi and Zaki Biam.
So, it was irresponsible for him to defend it or accuse the present administration.”

I agree completely.
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by HammedSodiqq: 4:52pm On Nov 23, 2012
just4sola: GEJ IS WEAK..
Wrong my dear. It take nothing to march soldiers to the north. GEJ is being sensitive, he is being humane. Bayelsa once suffered it when OBJ ordered the Odi massacre. Then GEJ was a deputy Gov, and he saw the agony his people suffered. He doesn't want to be insensitive, wicked, and irresponsible. He is appropriating all avenue that will facilitate peaceful resolution of the matter. This is weakness. This is a responsive and responsible govt. GEJ doesn't take delight in seeing the innocent killed.
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by youi: 4:55pm On Nov 23, 2012
I did not support Obasanjo’s administration’s military attack on Odi n Zaki Biam.But what effort has Gowon made to make sure d killing of thousands of innocent Pple in church were stopped. The most annoying thing is d norther leaders insulting statements n their highly irresponsible action.
Image CBN governor compensating d kano boko haram(terrorists) family with Nigerians money
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 23, 2012
lacasa:

Infant. Go and watch Ben 7 or is. Ben 10.

1 Like

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 23, 2012
lacasa:

Infant. Go and watch Ben 7. Or is it Ben 10?

1 Like

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by blunderass01: 5:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
Am not surprise that Gowon is trying to defend the inaccuracy of the current president, since they are both inaccurate. I mean things are getting hotter in Nigerian and all he could think of is renovating the UN building with 5.2 billion naira, i mean that's insane, i looked into it and found no sense in it.
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by paveinc(m): 5:07pm On Nov 23, 2012
ochukoccna: I expect Gowon to know better
True, the military were heavy handed in their response [they should be better trained on how to flush out insurgents in communities without collateral damage for we see similar tactics in the BH areas]but did you hear soldiers or policemen been killed in those places afterward?
EBELE should go shut up and sit down
YOU SHOULD ADDRESS HIM BY MR PRESIDENT PLS
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2012
Gowon should keep quiet though I don't support violence. Can he beat his chest and say that GEJ is handling the bh issue well? Hasn't gej sent the military to fight boko haram b4?

No sane country negotiates with terrorists except of course their sponsors like iran, pakistan, iraq, hezabolla, palestine, in short the muslim world.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ganduje: "We Will Drag Buhari To Court If He Refuses To Seek Reelection" / Peter Obi An Iconic Son Of Igboland - Gov. Ugwuanyi / FG Owes CBN ₦15.51 Trillion, Borrows ₦14.86 Trillion Under Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.