Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic (10496 Views)

Aggrieved PDP Reps Member-elect Write President Buhari / BREAKING: Wanted Boko Haram Member Arrested / US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by floriana(m): 1:55pm On Nov 23, 2012
Lalaska: Errand nonsense. Explaining why you broke the law
It is grammar like this that make our rulers think we are all illiterates and as such treat us anyhow. The correct thing is 'arrant nonsense'.

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by rusher14: 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2012
Serendipity:
Broke which law, there are doctrines of necessity. The law can be broken when necessary. That's why you can kill a person in self defence without running afoul of the law. In other words, if you can establish before the court that you actually did the killing to defend yourself against grievous bodily harm or death. Mind you, the defence should be commensurate with the attack as you would be indicted when otherwise is the case.
What about toturing the mid-wife who refused to smother you when you were born? I mean she must have seen that you were going to end up the twerp you are today.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by pheesayor(m): 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2012
olivertwist: If this had happened in Lagos State, we'd have been talking of about 15-20 pages by now. Where are NL HYPOCRITES.
Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by pheesayor(m): 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2012
floriana:
It is grammar like this that make our rulers think we are all illiterates and as such treat us anyhow. The correct thing is 'arrant nonsense'.
Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by knotty(m): 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2012
``sheer bravado and braggadocio. He is just being highfalutin``
``impish and contumelious``
``are equal is chimeric and quixotic.``

Thanks so very much, Serendipity.
School has been very rewarding today

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by phemieojelabi: 2:14pm On Nov 23, 2012
I know the VIO on duty will almost pee on pant wen d situation happened cos they hardly does it RIGHT @ tym during traffik monitoring,Bt 4 MHR samsom Okwu 2 say these
That is why I am telling you that in a government there are people that are allowed to bend some of the laws. There are rules, I explained to the gentleman, but he wanted to use his position to intimidate me but my car is carrying a government number that is why they gave me that number. So if he is using his uniform as a government personnel, I am using my number.”
Thinking is above the law then Nigerian shud nt Xpect anytin beta 4rm such "HOUSE" on decision making.What a LAWLESS COUNTRY

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by WENGERNOMICS(m): 2:26pm On Nov 23, 2012
Sirmee: I wish he was arrested by lastma

Especially those LASTMA that can speak very very good english.....the ones that will match him law for law........Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by Afolabs101: 2:39pm On Nov 23, 2012
Serendipity:
Spare me the platitude- 'the sane climes.' Let's just be realistic and rationative .They shouldn't have accosted the man. I mean such people should be given concessions especially when the said law affects no one directly. You can't refute factually that the man was rushing for an important meeting. Also, I don't discount as a lie the possibility that he wasn't. Those bootlicking VIOs were just being impish and contumelious. And who said that the law respects no one? That's why the court can grant bail to a person on his recognisance as a celebrity or VIP.
Additionally, you don't sue a government agency without giving them notice, otherwise the court would lack competence to adjudicate over the matter. Isn't that respect?

If certain people are to be given concessions, then the law will state such. Until the law is changed, the Honorable and everyone else must obey the law or face
the consequences.

The law affects no one directly? When you drive on the wrong side of the road, you put other road users and pedestrians in danger. What if he had an accident and killed someone? Those VIO officers were protecting the law maker from himself, driving one way is extremely dangerous.

If he wants to get to his meeting with the Finance Minister on time, then let him leave his house earlier.
Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by irich21(m): 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2012
ITbomb: Some are more equal than others
Animal farm
Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by Hilaskee(m): 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2012
Shoemaker that does not wear shoe...!
Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by Afolabs101: 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2012
Serendipity:
Broke which law, there are doctrines of necessity. The law can be broken when necessary. That's why you can kill a person in self defence without running afoul of the law. In other words, if you can establish before the court that you actually did the killing to defend yourself against grievous bodily harm or death. Mind you, the defence should be commensurate with the attack as you would be indicted when otherwise is the case.

Doctrine of necessity could be applied if there was a medical emergency such as pregnant woman in labour or gunshot victim in the car and NOT being late for a meeting.

As for your analogy, section 306 of the Criminal code: "It is unlawful to kill any person unless such killing is authorised or justified or excused by law", when you kill to defend yourself, you are justified/excused by law.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 23, 2012
knotty: ``sheer bravado and braggadocio. He is just being highfalutin``
``impish and contumelious``
``are equal is chimeric and quixotic.``

Thanks so very much, Serendipity.
School has been very rewarding today

I dey tell you! grin
Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by odehme: 3:33pm On Nov 23, 2012
dats serious
Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by omenka(m): 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2012
maclatunji: This report is awful! I write too so I know what I am talking about.

I couldn't agree more with you. In the first paragraph the reader is suposed to know where the incident took place but we got non of that in the entire piece. Smh. Absolute junk!
Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by Mavrick2012: 3:43pm On Nov 23, 2012
If facrook,wit al d stolen milions,can b walkin free wat is "comon trafik offence".abeg nxt thread,dis is naija
Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by fm7070: 4:21pm On Nov 23, 2012
he should come and try that nonsense in Lagos
Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by Sirmee(m): 4:28pm On Nov 23, 2012
Serendipity:
Spare me the platitude- 'the sane climes.' Let's just be realistic and rationative .They shouldn't have accosted the man. I mean such people should be given concessions especially when the said law affects no one directly. You can't refute factually that the man was rushing for an important meeting. Also, I don't discount as a lie the possibility that he wasn't. Those bootlicking VIOs were just being impish and contumelious. And who said that the law respects no one? That's why the court can grant bail to a person on his recognisance as a celebrity or VIP.
Additionally, you don't sue a government agency without giving them notice, otherwise the court would lack competence to adjudicate over the matter. Isn't that respect?

I can't believe any sane being can spew this trash or na ur papa b d honorable lawbreaker?

3 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by younglad007(m): 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2012
Dat man dey craze,but we all know say nothin go happen
Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2012
And wats next?
Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by ziondaughter: 6:01pm On Nov 23, 2012
So we should clap or sing the national athem cos House of assembly member was arrested. Arrest, prosecute n execute d money launders
Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 23, 2012
lol. This house of rape niggas are just so funni
Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by bankyblue(m): 7:02pm On Nov 23, 2012
That bastard should av been shot at the leg, in other to learn
His lesson in an hard way. because is rushing to meet okonjo, so I
Should walk unclad?
Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by PastorOla1: 7:12pm On Nov 23, 2012
And so what happened there after please, jailed or made to pay.
Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by Dejijossy(m): 10:19pm On Nov 23, 2012
I cant see any sense from his statement. Is he telling the people of Benue people that hes above the law.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic by chiswaggs: 9:30am On Sep 10, 2014
Serendipity:
My learned friend, "doctrines of necessity indeed". Where then lies the principle of equality before the law?

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG: We Have What It Takes To Turn Economy Around / Osun 2018 Election: The Story Of Tantolorun By Lasisi Olagunju / House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.