Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,657 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason (10588 Views)

Exclusive Network Offers!!! Abeg Branch!!(MTN'S THE LATEST!!) / Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges / The Best Network For BIS In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by puskin: 11:43am On Nov 23, 2012
Is MTN the most hated network??

Yes....a very controversial topic.
I raised this because I've noticed that, anything MTN does......be it promo, CSR etc always comes with bashing and public hate from especially here...NL.

MTN has network problem for a few hours.....problem, your credit N2.33 grin mysteriously disappears......arrrrrrhhh....MTN don start their wayo. MTN does this......MTN does that......puhleeeeaze...as if it doesn't happen on other networks.
MTN's own is just escalated to the point of no return.

People have forgotten so soon that MTN have been running promos since June non-stop till they were halted by NCC. Now people will soon argue that they were trying to redeem their battered image and also trying to win back their old customers who are drifting to other networks.
People must drift......whether you like it or not.
Some other will say all their promo na lie-lie......now lemme ask, which network or organisation no dey lie?? FBI, SSS, FG, EFCC, Judiciary....they all lie. SO MTN lies......kini big deal?? mscheeeeeeew.
Nigerians don't like to read T&Cs before entering into any contract. They just assume that whatever it may be....it will favour them.(ludicrous)

Many people claim to have abandoned/discarded their MTN SIM thereby having nothing to do with the network(call and data), so where all these gigantic balance sheets/profits that MTN keep posting on a daily basis.....abi na spirits dey use their network?? undecided undecided

Anyone who says that he doesn't have an MTN SIM....hmmmm.......I seriously doubt the sincerity of that person.
Now....open your phone contact list.......scroll through it and if you say that your contact list doesn't contain @least 60% MTN numbers.......then your fone is seriously mal-functioning.

Now the recent one I found so amusing, MTN recently came out with improved data plans.....was posted here on NL.....the thread made frontpage the moment it came out and in less than 8hours....the thread had reached 6pages.

Now GLO came out with theirs....it made frontpage.....and after over a day of being on frontpage.......it has barely reached 2pages on the thread.

Etisalat came out with their BB 20k call plan to all networks.....it made frontpage then......it barely reached 3pages.

Airtel with their BB 1GB plan that can be tethered to a PC, as popular as it is still can't surpass the 3page mark when it was on NL frontpage.

Now, what I can't understand is....why must almost everybody continue to hate on MTN.
Is it their fault that they are ahead of the game.

I even have on good authority that MTN leases their bandwidth to some other networks.....now I wouldn't want to mention names, make I no spoil other network biz.

So my advice to all the MTN haterz.....quit the hating and embrace them. They will only get better.

One thing I do know for sure is that for MTN to be able to continuously draw all these criticisms to themselves shows that they just might be doing something right.

12 Likes

Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 23, 2012
Sir, being a pro-MTN apologist isn't going to make anyone forget his or her ordeals with them in a hurry. Did you not rightly say the contact list of the average Nigerian is approximately 60% MTN (I should agree with your figures for the sake of argument)? That, in itself, should answer the question of why an MTN front page thread is longer: more people are swindled by their scamming schemes than any other network service provider; since it's only possible to gyp your own subscribers out of their money, one who is not a victim of other networks would not come to castigate them online.

When next you check your airtime balance on your phone and you find a promo advertised on the screen, please check if you'll find anything like "Terms and conditions apply". You only hear that in radio and TV adverts, but the sure avenue of reaching all subscribers i.e the mobile adverts doesn't have that clause. This is a calculated attempt to skin as many subscribers as possible of their cash

Finally, go back to the MTN thread you are talking about and you'll find that the main reason why it's 6 pages as you claim is because lots of people are trying to migrate to Airtel and are asking several questions that are also being addressed by several others, thus lengthening the thread.

Do you still think they are being unfairly criticised?

34 Likes

Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by Maxymilliano(m): 2:42pm On Nov 23, 2012
Most hated but most subscribed...

2 Likes

Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 23, 2012
Do you know the number of times I've been inundated with unsolicited text messages asking me to recharge with 100 naira and get 500 naira within the last couple of weeks? As expected, they don't make good their promises (I've also found that they deliberately make it work for some people and not for some other ones to confuse you into thinking that you probably have not satisfied some condtions; the conditions are never stated and even the customer service agents are not privy to them.)

Simply put, they are the biggest of 4 scam artists.

Let the MOBILE NUMBER PORTABILITY kick-start in December as promised by NCC and you'd know that the only reason why their subscriber base is wider than others is the fear of losing one's number (Although it looks like NCC has been compromised by some of these service providers- imagine having to wait for 90 long days before the porting is effected!).

3 Likes

Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by omicron(m): 2:45pm On Nov 23, 2012
Actually mtn is my best network.

1 Like

Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by FoxyRebirth(m): 2:45pm On Nov 23, 2012
Why is this thread not progressing?
Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by victorD3: 2:45pm On Nov 23, 2012
Hating them is making them richer
Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by Ellyptical: 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2012
Most subscribed simply because some irresponsible government officials have refused to implement number portability ( a system where I can keep my 0803 number and switch to Glo or Airtel).
We need to start a movement to compel the NCC to implement this number portability. News has it that some Telcos have been bribing heavily to make sure this does not get implemented.

2 Likes

Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2012
Mtn na wayo Kompany o.. They giv with d left hand nd grab wit the right hand.. O ga o

5 Likes

Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by jeddyMay(f): 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2012
@op, i cant hep it but laughhhhh!!!! grin cheesy cheesy cheesy.
despite d frustration and all, MTN is my only line(planning to get anoda line though) wink
Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by agabaI23(m): 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2012
I don't have and I am not considering getting one. I bought one briefly when my glo acted but the sim is sleeping in the bin now
Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by WizPrince1(m): 2:50pm On Nov 23, 2012
To Be Sincere I Like MTN but i hate when Their Network gives Me Hiccups.. Lol
Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by sweetcheecks(f): 2:51pm On Nov 23, 2012
@Post,
There is a reason, dear. It's a South African company. It must not dare be successful. South Africans are going to think they are better than " the giant of Africa". SAD undecided
Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by salolo(m): 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2012
YES, because they offer nothing to NIGERIANS PEOPLE, it only to give i and collect 10 from the pple

1 Like

Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by hydiciousb: 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2012

Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by sweetcheecks(f): 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2012
MARKETERS SAY"ANY PUBLICITY, IS GOOD PUBLICITY" AS A MARKETER I WOULD RIDE ON THIS, IF I WERE MTN.

BRAND AWARENESS IS AMAZINGLY HIGH, WITHOUT SPENDING MILLIONS IN ADVERTISING. RIGHT NOW, THEY ARE THE THOUGHT LEADERS IN NAIJA. THEY GET PEOPLE TALKING.

1 Like

Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by mcevans1(m): 2:58pm On Nov 23, 2012
Oh Gosh! Anytime i see any topics like this i feel as if needles are popping out of my body. MTN sucks!!!

2 Likes

Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by harlos: 2:59pm On Nov 23, 2012
The kind f0rk up wey MTN dey gv make people hate them. When they treat u well today expect the other side tomorrow.
Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by enigmagu1(m): 3:00pm On Nov 23, 2012
[quote author=puskin]Is MTN the most hated network??

I raised this because I've noticed that, anything MTN does......be it promo, CSR etc always comes with bashing and public hate from especially here...NL.

MTN has network problem for a few hours.....problem, your credit N2.33 grin mysteriously disappears......arrrrrrhhh....MTN don start their wayo. MTN does this......MTN does that......puhleeeeaze...as if it doesn't happen on other networks.

People have forgotten so soon that MTN have been running promos since June non-stop till they were halted by NCC. Now people will soon argue that they were trying to redeem their battered image and also trying to win back their old customers who are drifting to other networks.
Some other will say all their promo na lie-lie......now lemme ask, which network or organisation no dey lie?? FBI, SSS, FG, EFCC, Judiciary....they all lie. SO MTN lies......kini big deal?? mscheeeeeeew.
Nigerians don't like to read T&Cs before entering into any contract. They just assume that whatever it may be....it will favour them.(ludicrous)

Many people claim to have abandoned/discarded their MTN SIM thereby having nothing to do with the network(call and data), so where all these gigantic balance sheets/profits that MTN keep posting on a daily basis.....abi na spirits dey use their network?? undecided undecided

Anyone who says that he doesn't have an MTN SIM....hmmmm.......I seriously doubt the sincerity of that person.
Now....open your phone contact list.......scroll through it and if you say that your contact list doesn't contain @least 60% MTN numbers.......then your fone is seriously

all ur long long story na just 2 ppl lik an...na waooi
Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by Akposkool(m): 3:07pm On Nov 23, 2012
Poster have u visited other countries and see how low call rates are?Nigeria is dominated with mtn subscribers but what do we get in return?notin.tank God glo,etisalat and airtel are a little bit competitive nowadays.do u even know how much these telecoms make per minute?if u do,u will knw dat Nigerians deserve insentives for their hard earn money they are spending.please dont say mtn is hated cus they hav the largest population of subscribers in Nigeria.
Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by dopeJemi: 3:08pm On Nov 23, 2012
Okay! U created dis topic Because u and ur dad created d Empty-Hen network. Oh puh-Lease. We gedit aLready undecided

Now a mod moved it 2 d Front page Because he was promised a Job in d Company.

Pathetic

#teamEmpty-henSucks like d shιt it produces

angry

4 Likes

Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by Vincent41(m): 3:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
puskin: Is MTN the most hated network??

Now....open your phone contact list.......scroll through it and if you say that your contact list doesn't contain @least 60% MTN numbers.......then your fone is seriously mal-functioning.

Now the recent one I found so amusing, MTN recently came out with improved data plans.....was posted here on NL.....the thread made frontpage the moment it came out and in less than 8hours....the thread had reached 6pages.

Now GLO came out with theirs....it made frontpage.....and after over a day of being on frontpage.......it has barely reached 2pages on the thread.

Etisalat came out with their BB 20k call plan to all networks.....it made frontpage then......it barely reached 3pages.

Airtel with their BB 1GB plan that can be tethered to a PC, as popular as it is still can't surpass the 3page mark when it was on NL frontpage.

Now, what I can't understand is....why must almost everybody continue to hate on MTN.

I even have on good authority that MTN leases their bandwidth to some other networks.....now I wouldn't want to mention names, make I no spoil other network biz.

So my advice to all the MTN haterz.....quit the hating and embrace them. They will only get better.

One thing I do know for sure is that for MTN to be able to continuously draw all these criticisms to themselves shows that they just might be doing something right.

to hell wit MTN Network....de are de worst network in Nigeria..........Hate dem wit de last blood in my body.....i wish NCc WILL INTRODUCE DAT WHICH MAKES IT POSSILBE TO CHANGE TO ANY NTWORK.....MTN WILL LOOSE

1 Like

Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by Akposkool(m): 3:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
Bros mtn card sell pass pure water 4 naija.so hav a retink in ur next topic
Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 23, 2012

I WONDER HOW MUCH MTN IS PAYING U 4 THESE RANTS undecided

1 Like

Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by Vincent41(m): 3:12pm On Nov 23, 2012

to hell wit MTN Network....de are de worst network in Nigeria..........Hate dem wit de last blood in my body.....i wish NCc WILL INTRODUCE DAT WHICH MAKES IT POSSILBE TO CHANGE TO ANY NTWORK.....MTN WILL LOOSE
Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by Ayomax(m): 3:14pm On Nov 23, 2012
nobody hates mtn in this world more than me. angry angry angry
Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by Shaw007(m): 3:15pm On Nov 23, 2012
Ha,OP!!! U thINK they are hated for no reason Come 2 benin with your MTn sim and try accessing the Internet heavILY on ur smartphone!! U wiLL crY(and i presume its d same at some other places)

and its not about hating,PPl just want The best for themseLves,thats all,and latelY(Note i said Lately) Mtn has been faLLing short. . .Iv tried some other carriers. . .and My brother,saying MTN is the best must be One verY GOOd joke!

2 Likes

Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by kawazaki(m): 3:16pm On Nov 23, 2012
MTN subscriber base keep growing every month, stay here and be deceiving yourself

Check the Operator date as at end of September below:

http://ncc.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70:art-statistics-operator&catid=65:cat-web-statistics&Itemid=76
Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by abohrandy: 3:17pm On Nov 23, 2012
i dont know why this thing was started in the first place.

1 Like

Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by Xflint(m): 3:18pm On Nov 23, 2012
Mtn sucks
Re: MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason by ebamma3: 3:19pm On Nov 23, 2012

oga mtn public relations officer stop whining and tell your bosses to improve their services

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Troubles That Relate With Crime-Cases And Recycled Numbers. / Runtown Caught With An Infinix Phone / Pes 2020 Ppsspp Iso English (ps4 Camera) Free Download For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.