Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

The House - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The House (1545 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The House by kanechimex(m): 3:51pm On Nov 23, 2012
My first story wasn't so nice.I'm gonna try my best with this one.
Peter drove slowly along the road.He noticed that the road was sidelined by bushes and houses were scanty on the road.His girlfriend,Tina,sat in the front with him.His two friends,Chidi and Emeka sat in the backseat.Oluchi,Emeka's girlfriend sat between them.Peter's car was the only one in the road.Peter silently wondered where all the other motorists went to.There wasn't much conversation in the car because a song was blasting from the car's stereo and the people in the car were nodding their heads in time with the song.
There was a big tree beside the road,ahead of Peter.The tree was so big that its branches went over the road and its leaves prevented the evening sun's ray from reaching the ground.An old man sat at the foot of the tree.When they got close to the tree,he signalled for them to stop.Peter was not the kind to disobey an elder,so he stopped and reduced the volume of the stereo to hear what the old man had to say.
"My children",the old man began,not even replying their greetings,"where are you going to?".
Peter thought it was a silly question but did not say anything.
"We are going to visit a friend" Emeka answered.
"Don't you know that the road ahead of you lies in peril?",the old man asked.The occupants of the car looked at the old man as if he had gone mad.Oluchi was quick to say.
"please,Peter,continue this journey.it seems this old man is high on snuff".The other people laughed except Peter.
"You don't believe me",the old man said.He was obviously disappointed.
"No,we dont",Chidi replied,amidst his laughter.Peter didn't contribute to the discussion but he kept all the man said in the back of his mind.
"All those who ply this road do not come back alive",the old man continued,his eyes fixed on Peter.Peter looked into the man's eyes and thought he saw fear in it-fear for them that were in the car.Peter had an urge to turn back the way he came but he knew that would make his friends mad.The last statement of the old man made them laugh anew(with the exception of Peter).
"Man,you are so hilarious",Tina giggled.Chidi and Emeka started to urge Peter to continue driving.Finally, Peter spoke to the old man "We have to go",he said solemnly,"we'll see when we get back."
"That was what the person before you said",the old man muttered.
"What?",Peter enquired.The old man said nothing but threw a paper into the car.Peter didn't see the paper before.
"Call the number on the paper.it belonged to the person who went before you",he said as Peter began driving.
When they were out of the old man's earshot,they started to laugh again.Peter joined in this time.
Re: The House by kanechimex(m): 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2012
"that guy was real funny",Chidi said,"peril?.ha.i have never met anyone one so funny"
"Abeg play our music jor",Oluchi added.Peter did her bidding and turned to Tina who gave him one of her charming smiles.He thought to himself,If only i could get her alone##
The old man watched the car move out of sight then he turned as he heard another car approaching.He flagged the car down and went to meet the driver
#########
I hope the first part wasn't too long.I got carried away.I hope to continue the story soon. Wish me luck

1 Like

Re: The House by kanechimex(m): 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2012
this is discouraging.infact,more than discouraging.no comments?..aniways,let me tell me the story
Re: The House by purpinkx(m): 8:44am On Nov 26, 2012
Nice one ... Please continue
Re: The House by kanechimex(m): 8:08am On Nov 27, 2012
Tina noticed that Peter had become moody.He was rarely in a moody mood and could switch to being angry on the slightest provocation.She thought to uplift his spirit.She turned down the volume of the music so as to talk to Peter.
"Don't tell me you're still thinking about what that old man said ",she said to Peter
"guy,you be jonkie oh.so na becos of that guy you jus dey do like slowpoke" Chidi chided Peter.
"Is that why you reduced the music volume "Oluchi asked Tina.
"Increase the volume jor" Emeka said.
Oluchi tried to reach from the backseat to increase the music volume and Tina tried to prevent her;she wanted to hear Peter's reply.Chidi and Emeka were 'yabbing' Peter.The noise they were making was just too much Peter.
"Shut up" He shouted.Everyone was surprised by this outburst from Peter.The car too was surprised for it stopped moving and the stereo stopped also.
"so you sabi shout"Chidi said.Peter answered him by trying to rev the car engine.It didn't work so he came down and opened the bonnet of the car.It was twilight already.He saw Chidi look out the window with interest and he turned to see what had caught Chidi's attention
Re: The House by Dospix(m): 3:51pm On Nov 27, 2012
Great try...keep it up.
Re: The House by kanechimex(m): 10:20am On Dec 01, 2012
It was a house.A house?.Peter found himself staring at the house like it was made of gold.Truth was that,the house was just like any other.It was a duplex.An inscription on the house read 'THE HOUSE'.Peter shook his head as if he had been in a trance.
"Chidi",he called,"come and help me check what is wrong with this car".Chidi did not remove his gaze from the house.
"Guy",he said,"it's dark already.Let's stop over at that house and continue the journey tomorrow.
"yeah".Tina and Oluchi agreed.
But the party would have ended,Peter wanted to say.Tina and Oluchi came down from the car and started to walk towards The House.Chidi and Emeka started to follow when Peter asked them to help him push the car out of the road.The House had a garage so they managed to push into the garage.Meanwhile,Tina and Oluchi had been waiting for them.The five of them walked to the door of the house and Peter knocked twice.He hoped the owner of the house had a kind heart.He was in for a surprise
Re: The House by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 25, 2013
Guy u want comments but u wont give us updates, b4 we can talk we sud at least understand a little bit nd d story and i can channel some ppl here just dt u will av 2 give us more comments, nice write up and pls continue.
Re: The House by BukkyDan(f): 5:05pm On Jan 25, 2013
Nice story, please update na!
Atleast....
Re: The House by Splendblex(f): 6:23pm On Jan 25, 2013
Where on earth is dis man? More updates plsss
Re: The House by kanechimex(m): 8:39pm On Jan 25, 2013
guys,i don even forget abt the story sef.make una wait make i read through,then i go update again
Re: The House by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 26, 2013
kanechimex: guys,i don even forget abt the story sef.make una wait make i read through,then i go update again
i told say if i pack them come u no go fit control am. See na 2 of my gals i pack con give u so,do them well o.
Re: The House by kanechimex(m): 7:30pm On Jan 26, 2013
"Come in",said a voice from the inside.Peter pushed open the door and the five of them walked into a very spacious parlour.There was a mini bar at the far end of the parlour and the stair case was just beside the bar.
A man sat there(at the bar) drinking.Peter guessed his age to be about 35.A pair of ax or axes(i no too sabi english)were on the table where he drank.Two other guys were playing a soccer game.Emeka,Chidi,Oluchi and Tina went to join them and Peter went to meet the guy at the bar.
"Travellers, eh?"the guy said when Peter got near.
"Not really",Peter answered,sitting on an empty chair,"we were going for a party.Our car broke down just outside your house.Thanks for letting us stay.
"The house isn't mine",the man said,"by the way,i'm Jack."
"I'm Peter",Peter responded,"where is the owner of the house let me thank him or her".
"You don't get it,do you?.This house has no owner"
Re: The House by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 26, 2013
Ouch, house wey no get owner, na my own o.no mess am up.
Re: The House by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:45am On Jan 28, 2013
Hey... I just saw ur write up, I love it but please try to space up your writing? It looks neat that way and easy for people to read.

Another thing NL is *lips sealed*

But if you don't write anything Gory, sexual, or a little bit non witch crafty just know that u will have few fans, unless ur lucky to hit 'frontpage'

I just do what I love best which is writing and I have overcome the nepotism I see here.
Re: The House by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 28, 2013
HBG,do u want me 2 dey follow u in anywhere u go ni,cos u no dey update ur own story o.

1 Like

Re: The House by Mudilove: 10:16pm On Jan 30, 2013
abeg go drag am come oooo. i don dey lose some nuts.
Re: The House by kanechimex(m): 12:26pm On Feb 01, 2013
mudi,do not lose any nuts oh.HBG,i dont do gory.aniways let me try update the story
Re: The House by kanechimex(m): 12:55pm On Feb 01, 2013
"What do you mean,'The house has no owner' ",Peter said,"somebody must have built this house"
"yeah,yeah,someone did build the house but he has been dead for over 5 decades" Jack replied.
Peter didn't want to continue asking about The House.Lifting one of the axes,he asked Jack "What are these for?"
"me thinks this house is haunted" Jack started to reply.
"you mean,like ghosts" Peter interrupted.
"no,like vampires"
Peter looked dumbfoundedly at Jack.
"there are no such things as vampires",he said at last,"even if they were,they don't exist in Nigeria".
Jack shook his head and started to say something when Emeka appeared in front of Peter.
"guy",he thrusted his phone at Peter,"just dial the number wey dey dia".
"which number",Peter asked.
"the number when that old man giv u.i bin cari the paper.dial am",Emeka replied
"why",Peter asked again.
"just dial am",Emeka insisted.
Peter did so.Five seconds later,a female voice said "The person you are trying to call is currently dead".
There was a shocked look on Peter's face as he brought down the phone to his laps.Jack shook his head again and said "let me tell something lads,all who come to The House,do not leave it alive"..He went to join the others that were playing a game.Emeka went too but Peter sat there,thinking of what Jack had said.
All who come to The House do not leave it alive.
Re: The House by IcemanP(m): 2:06pm On Feb 01, 2013
hmmmm,u n ur vempire talk,hope say dis 1 go end well oo? n try update cos i dey enjoy d story

(1) (Reply)

Struggle For Power! / Poor GBEBE And His Sorry Mother. (A Tale Of Mysteries And Emotions) / The Hidden Reasons Why Nigeria And Nigerians Are Still Suffering Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.