Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

What Is The Difference Between AWD, 4WD And Auxiliary Gear In SUV? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Difference Between AWD, 4WD And Auxiliary Gear In SUV? (6508 Views)

Does Mercedes Benz Ml 320 Jeep Have Auxiliary Gear? / Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m / Automatic Vs Manual Gear In Bmw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between AWD, 4WD And Auxiliary Gear In SUV? by kelsonpoint(m): 6:14pm On Nov 23, 2012
Pls this question is goin out to the auto geeks in the house I really want to know the difference between them because I always see them at the back of many SUV ( ESPECIALLY AWD&4WD)
Re: What Is The Difference Between AWD, 4WD And Auxiliary Gear In SUV? by XYZJAZZY: 9:48am On Mar 28, 2018
All Wheel Drive and 4 Wheel driver are almost the same, it means all the 4 tire are driven by shaft (torque) received by the engine. The $WD (4x4) are activated either by button or switch in automatic transmission and for manual gear, you will another smaller gear lever by the side of the main gear lever. In All Wheel Drive (AWD), the drive system is on all the time.

This is how best i can explain for your understanding, in other not to over load you.

Hope this will help you.

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Here Built A Car From Scratch / Turn Your Kazeem To A Gazzuzz or A Radautoworks. Thread For Broke Car Owners. / Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.