Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,749 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

My Car Key Won't Enter Ignition - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Key Won't Enter Ignition (11652 Views)

Bus Driver Uses Screw Driver As Car Key In Lagos (Photos) / Car Key Stuck To Ignition (honda Civic 2001) / My Key Won't Turn The Ignition All Of A Sudden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Key Won't Enter Ignition by naiko: 11:14pm On Nov 23, 2012
what could be the cause?my key just refuse to go into ignition. can it be as a result of wrong programming or an electrical fault or a burnt fuse?never experience this before,house help
Re: My Car Key Won't Enter Ignition by Nobody: 12:49am On Nov 24, 2012
naiko: what could be the cause?my key just refuse to go into ignition. can it be as a result of wrong programming or an electrical fault or a burnt fuse?never experience this before,house help

Hi, got your message.

When you say the key won't "go into ignition",do you mean the key won't physically go into the slot? Or it goes in, but won't start the car?
Re: My Car Key Won't Enter Ignition by naiko: 6:03am On Nov 24, 2012
siena d key won't physically go into d slot.i tire o.been using d same key for over a year nw.what couldn't d problem,what can i do,do i apply some lubricant to d key or slot?
Re: My Car Key Won't Enter Ignition by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:42pm On Nov 24, 2012
naiko: siena d key won't physically go into d slot.i tire o.been using d same key for over a year nw.what couldn't d problem,what can i do,do i apply some lubricant to d key or slot?

is your key straight enough to get into the slot
Re: My Car Key Won't Enter Ignition by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 24, 2012
naiko: siena d key won't physically go into d slot.i tire o.been using d same key for over a year nw.what couldn't d problem,what can i do,do i apply some lubricant to d key or slot?

Sounds like your ignition lock is damaged. I think the internal tumblers have collapsed. If that's the case, you'll be looking at a new ignition lock.
Re: My Car Key Won't Enter Ignition by naiko: 9:34pm On Nov 24, 2012
bad ignition lock.will fix it tomorrow,d tin tire me bros.tnx a bunch
Re: My Car Key Won't Enter Ignition by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 24, 2012
naiko: bad ignition lock.will fix it tomorrow,d tin tire me bros.tnx a bunch

No worries, let's know how you get on.
Re: My Car Key Won't Enter Ignition by naiko: 8:43pm On Nov 25, 2012
got new ignition lock,re-pprogrammed key.car good 2 go
Re: My Car Key Won't Enter Ignition by fopdnewton: 9:48pm On Dec 07, 2014
How much did it cost you?
naiko:
got new ignition lock,re-pprogrammed key.car good 2 go
Re: My Car Key Won't Enter Ignition by AutosBay(m): 9:58pm On Dec 07, 2014
It sounds to me like you have a failed ignition lock cylinder, and the only way to fix it is to replace the cylinder. What happens is the tumblers inside the cylinder get stuck, and the key will no longer go into the cylinder. It happens the other way sometimes, too, where you can't remove the key from the cylinder.

Unfortunately, if you can't get the key to go in, the cylinder will have to be drilled out. This is no easy task, as they are designed to withstand being drilled out. You may be able to get some kind of lube into the cylinder so that the tumblers can be freed.

Source: justanswer.com
Re: My Car Key Won't Enter Ignition by lonelydora: 10:03pm On Dec 07, 2014
In my mechanic's voice....... the ignition don jump teeth.
Re: My Car Key Won't Enter Ignition by oaroloye(m): 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
SHALOM!

naiko:
what could be the cause?my key just refuse to go into ignition. can it be as a result of wrong programming or an electrical fault or a burnt fuse?never experience this before,house help

Please check your license plate number.

I do not think that this is your car.

"THE MORE COMPLICATED THE PLUMBING,
THE EASIER IT IS TO BLOCK THE DRAIN!"
- Engineer Montgomery Scott: Star Trek III.

(1) (Reply)

Does A Dark Engine Oil Means A Car Is Due For Service??? / Nigeria Automobile Sector To Contribute 4.5% Of 2016 Global Sales / Daimler And Bosch Unveils World’s First Automated Valet Parking (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.