Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Car Key Stuck To Ignition (honda Civic 2001) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Key Stuck To Ignition (honda Civic 2001) (14068 Views)

Bus Driver Uses Screw Driver As Car Key In Lagos (Photos) / URGENT : His Car Key Wont Enter Ignition : Honda Pilot / My Car Key Won't Enter Ignition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Key Stuck To Ignition (honda Civic 2001) by Elgaxton(m): 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2013
Hello everyone my car key wouldn't come out from ignition. I've tried all I can but it aint coming out. Its a Honda Civic 2001 model. I just bought it two days ago and it started this feat since yesterday. Please anyone with similar problem and possible solution?
Thanks!
Re: Car Key Stuck To Ignition (honda Civic 2001) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2013
Elgaxton: Hello everyone my car key wouldn't come out from ignition. I've tried all I can but it aint coming out. Its a Honda Civic 2001 model. I just bought it two days ago and it started this feat since yesterday. Please anyone with similar problem and possible solution?
Thanks!

My o'l pal from the "Stingy UK" era! How're you doing? wink

Is your car auto or manual?
Re: Car Key Stuck To Ignition (honda Civic 2001) by lonelydora: 8:44pm On Apr 13, 2013
Is ur gear stick in Park position before trying to remove the key?
Re: Car Key Stuck To Ignition (honda Civic 2001) by Elgaxton(m): 9:04pm On Apr 14, 2013
Siena:

My o'l pal from the "Stingy UK" era! How're you doing? wink

Is your car auto or manual?
Lol @ Siena
Its Auto transmission

@Lonelydora its in Park position and it aint coming out. Funny enough it does come out atimes but not all the time. I dunno why.

Thanks for ur responses tho.
Re: Car Key Stuck To Ignition (honda Civic 2001) by inze(m): 8:36am On Apr 15, 2013
Elgaxton:
Lol @ Siena
Its Auto transmission

@Lonelydora its in Park position and it aint coming out. Funny enough it does come out atimes but not all the time. I dunno why.

Thanks for ur responses tho.

Try Pressing the key inwards and turn it left, then try removing it.
Re: Car Key Stuck To Ignition (honda Civic 2001) by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 15, 2013
Make sure it's in PARK all the way.
It happened on my Altima, and i was blaming the hell outta my gf, cos she handled it before me.
Even if the shift is in Park, it still doesnt mean it's fully in PARK
I don't know about your car, but for mine, after shifting to park, push it a little bit towards the left,
u will hear "CLICK" . . if u don't hear the click, the keys will never come out.
Re: Car Key Stuck To Ignition (honda Civic 2001) by cretin: 2:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
also try rocking ur steering wheel gently from side to side and try removing the key at the same time...
Re: Car Key Stuck To Ignition (honda Civic 2001) by jonkdawg: 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2013
There is a black cable just like lawnmover cable, one ends attachd to igntion and the other end to shifter...under steerg wheel colmn, go dwn thr on yr back, chk the cable that goes in behind ignition it probly came loose, just play with it..:-O get yr key out now.
Re: Car Key Stuck To Ignition (honda Civic 2001) by luvinhubby(m): 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
Your ignition key is either faulty or developing a fault, consult a locksmith to over haul the ignition for you.
Re: Car Key Stuck To Ignition (honda Civic 2001) by lacasa: 1:08am On Aug 14, 2013
Dis tin append to me once, ds was after my ride was brought back from the car wash.

After many unsuccessful attempts to remove d key, i left the key in overnight n in d morning, the key came off okay. It hasn't done that again since then.

So i just took it that water got into were it wasn't supposed to (in the engine) @ d car wash.

(1) (Reply)

Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car / Which Is Classier! A White Audi Q7 And A White Mercedes Benz Cls 500 / Help!! Toyota Highlander Or ML 350

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.