Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:16 AM

Nigerian Women And Their Zeal For Competition! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Women And Their Zeal For Competition! (509 Views)

Mama Josephine’s Unquenchable Zeal For Excellence, By Musa Simon Reef / Nigerian Women Vs Ethiopian Women / Why Are Nigerian Men Always Jealous Of Successful Nigerian Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Women And Their Zeal For Competition! by joseph1832(m): 10:37am On Nov 24, 2012
Over the years, I've come to notice a very prevailing trend among our Nigerian women of today, A trend they take so serious you'll have to admit that should they focus their time and energy on something else, something more productive which adds value to them, they'll stand Primus inter paras.

The trend am speaking of is their innate ability to 'Compete' with one another. Competition is what some Nigerian women came to this world to do. Its the very essence of their existence.

Yesterday I overheard a girl talking to her friend telling her that she'll get a "Blackberry Bold 5 by fire by force because her other friend bought one, and that friend is now forming for her 'cause she use a Blackberry Curve 2". Immediately I started reminiscing back in the days when I was in Uniben, where competition is the main event of the typical uniben girl, Infact if you don't compete you're almost seen as a lesser being. They compete on almost all the mundane things you can think of such as who's prettier, whose got bigger boobs, whose boyfriend is more handsome, whose got a boyfriend and who hasn't, who wears finer cloth, who's is loaded and who's not!

Even today the level of competition is still in trend, you'll notice in Nollywood the way the female actresses always want to out do each other, exempli gratia This actress released a single, that actress followed suit, then came another, This Nollywood actress drives the most expensive car, the rest female actresses went to buy expensive cars, this Nollywood actress is married, the rest went head long and started getting married, that Nollywood actress is separated and divorced, other Nollywood actress followed suit and got divorced... I mean what the hell! (Pardon my outburst). Even our women in the corporate world are still guilty of this.
What I find amusing is that they never seem to compete on the important things such as who's intelligent or who's brilliant, who's gonna make 1st class, or 2.1, whose going for Msc or who's not, Who's 'happily' married, who has a successful carrier without scandals, or who's the true embodiment of an African woman etc. They should all take a lesson from Joke Silva.

My question now is, why do most Nigerian women like to compete? Is it part of their genetic make up or is it something they picked up while growing up?. The answer Is yours to find!.

(1) (Reply)

The Events That Inspired The Most Popular Tweet In 2012. / If You Find Out That Someone Close To You Has A Gun What Will You Do? / Gay Men Can Become Bishops If They Promise To Stay Celibate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.