Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,484 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) (8923 Views)

This Is How A Councillor Says He Is Delivering His Campaign Promises / Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements / Breaking News: GEJ Attends Winners Chapel In Ota Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by dustydee: 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2012
Errm OP, please what was the topic of the sermon? How many people gave their lives to Christ?
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by teniyi(m): 5:09pm On Nov 24, 2012
SamAfrik:
Please dont drag CAN to this. Overwhelming support for Aregbesola came from chrisitans. Or do you suggest we start voting according to religious inclinations in the west?

I am not in support of voting along the religion lines anywhere in Nigeria, but if you have followed what happened in Osun, you will understand what I meant. I also used the word CAN instead of christianity because CAN is more political and was at a time in support of Anti Aregbesola's group.
One love!

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by teniyi(m): 5:09pm On Nov 24, 2012
SamAfrik:
Please dont drag CAN to this. Overwhelming support for Aregbesola came from chrisitans. Or do you suggest we start voting according to religious inclinations in the west?
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by henrysam(m): 5:16pm On Nov 24, 2012
GARRI (x7):
Yoruba Muslims are very liberal and open-minded. So unlike the hardcore muslims up north..

On the other hand our churches are extremely materialistic, they'd not mind inviting Osama Bin Laden to church as long as he'll sow a "seed"

Love your first paragraph, I wonder the devil that entered into you on the second paragraph.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by teniyi(m): 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2012
ebbytonice: pls leave CAN out of this o, majority of osun Christians myself included, voted and supported aregbesola. This isnt about religion, it is about who has the interest of the people at heart.
Have you forgotten so soon? CAN (Osun state Branch) and not necessarily in the name of other christians where troubling him (Aregbesola) for his stand on some issues that relate to religion. Its sadden then, now its good to hear the gov standing on the pulpit, now I asked Oyinlola and CAN what else they have to oppose him on?
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by teniyi(m): 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2012
ebbytonice: pls leave CAN out of this o, majority of osun Christians myself included, voted and supported aregbesola. This isnt about religion, it is about who has the interest of the people at heart.
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by salolo(m): 5:26pm On Nov 24, 2012
that is good. is a libral man. kudos to him
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by Starlett: 5:51pm On Nov 24, 2012
But what exactly was he "delivering" in the sermon, BTW? Or was it simply a short address/greeting at maybe a fundraising event? That wouldn't make it a sermon, if so.
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by dayokanu(m): 6:16pm On Nov 24, 2012
whiteroses:
yes lol

Which part of Oshogbo? I was very close to Oshogbo during the early years of its creation. I had an uncle who worked close to Leo Ajiborisha Isiaka Adeleke and Anthony Udofia I never missed an Osun festival between 1990 and 1995.

I used to frequent the palace, attended Iwo Popo, Oloju meridinlogun and went to the river to Ko ire yeye Osun
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by Ucheosefoh(m): 6:22pm On Nov 24, 2012
Cleanman: and how many of the mujahedins guvnors up north have ever stepped in a church?...we know how patrick yakowa was persecuted in kaduna for being a christian....Our brothers in the east just find it difficult to comprehend with how we live together as one leaving them maybe jealous or something...In yorubaland you are first a yoruba man/woman before your religion comes in.
are u having problem with comprehension why bringing de east in dis issue? Did u know if he is a yoruba guy? Imagin a moslem preaching a sermon in a church 4rm which book and which topic I think that guy is right.
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by Amazondepth(m): 6:23pm On Nov 24, 2012
Am neither yoruba nor Hausa but grew up in Lagos and schooled(university)in d north.May God continue to bless dat man called Oduduwa.His children dey try.All my friends were Yoruba Muslims,I went to d mosque sometimes,celebrated sallah,joked,played,hussled but in d University I got a rude awakening and saw anoda kind of Islam.I remained in cultural shock for a long time.No jokes,no friends with opposite gender,no religious or political tolerance!see speed wey I use cut out from there wen I graduated.but for yoruba muslims and a very very very few northen ones,I wld have gone about wondering if Islam is a religion @ all.for watever were their motives or reasons kudos to OBJ and Aregbesola.na like dis e suppose to be.Tolerance is it.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by IYANGBALI: 6:37pm On Nov 24, 2012
geez*:
Cool. We Yorubas see ourselves first as Yoruba people. We are related by blood and are brothers and sisters. There's no Yoruba Muslim that isn't related to at least 100 Christians and vice versa. There's nothing like 'Muslim Yoruba vs Christain Yoruba' and there will never be by the grace of the Divine power that has kept us together. Yorubaland O Ni baje
Wo a da fun e omo iya mi.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by IYANGBALI: 6:39pm On Nov 24, 2012
GARRI (x7):
Yoruba Muslims are very liberal and open-minded. So unlike the hardcore muslims up north..

On the other hand our churches are extremely materialistic, they'd not mind inviting Osama Bin Laden to church as long as he'll sow a "seed"
Gbam,you got it. They have turned our churches to business centres
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by kabba7(m): 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2012
julioralph: Buhari went to Several churches before last year's elections all in a bid to win votes and we all know what happened after. sad sad
he should educate his troublesome Islamic folks.
Man looks at appearances but God looks at the heart.
the question here- is he trying to score cheap political points?

Those thinking they can plant enemity between Yoruba/ Yorubas or Yorubas/ Hausas should better look elsewhere for bedfellows the Yoruba race is not available for any seccesion adventures.
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by IYANGBALI: 7:05pm On Nov 24, 2012
henrysam:

Love your first paragraph, I wonder the devil that entered into you on the second paragraph.
You liked the first sentence but for saying the truth in the second sentence you believed the devil entered him,my friend you better check yourself,the guy only gave it out the way it is,most of our churches these days na business centers,take it or leave. SOW A SEED MY FOOT,MONKEY DEY WORK BABOON DEY CHOP.
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by IYANGBALI: 7:09pm On Nov 24, 2012
dustydee: Errm OP, please what was the topic of the sermon? How many people gave their lives to Christ?
The topic of his sermon was all Christains in osun state have up till December to become a Muslim or should be ready to be persecuted grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by tiwasiaife(m): 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2012
He is campaigning 4 2nd term.
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by salafiyy: 7:50pm On Nov 24, 2012
IF YOU CAN BEAT THEM DO NOT JOIN THEM...
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by salafiyy: 7:54pm On Nov 24, 2012
SEE WHAT THE WORLD (LOVE OF MONEY AND POWER) HAD TURNED MY GOOD BROTHER INTO...FAASQ...
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by vigasimple(m): 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2012
A leopard cannot change its spot. The church is being used for political popagranda by Mr. Taliban. The church has truely becomes a business centre if that picture of Aregbe in the church is true. He, Aregbe is NOT a christian and cannot be delivering sermon or his political propaganda on the pulpit.

If you have ever seen Aregbe in a public place, the first thing he will say is allah-akbbar? He is the governor of multi religion people and a public servant, not a religion minister.

What does allah-akbar means, is that English or Yoruba? That is arabic and not one of our official languages except you are a muslim

Let him and all his cronies becareful because if tommorrow we have a chrisian Governor and he start shouting Halleluyah, let there be no complain from muslims, worst still what if, the governor then is an Okija worshipper and he start chanting some funny language.

He is a Governor and shoul stop promoting any religion over the other. And I dare say he is propably not a true moslem but seeking some 'saudi favours'
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by ashdre: 8:37pm On Nov 24, 2012
GARRI (x7):

True talk.church eye dey red 4 money matta.
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by danjalingo: 10:02pm On Nov 24, 2012
[quote author=Cleanman]and how many of the mujahedins guvnors up north have ever stepped in a church?...we know how patrick yakowa was persecuted in kaduna for being a christian....Our brothers in the east just find it difficult to comprehend with how we live together as one leaving them maybe jealous or something... na wetin konsan easterners for hia naw?
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by OsunOriginal: 11:46pm On Nov 24, 2012
SamAfrik:

And who wins in osun state if voting is along religious line?
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by ektbear: 5:09am On Nov 25, 2012
I don't understand the point of this.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what religious tolerance means in Yorubaland.

In my mind, religious tolerance means I don't inhibit you from freely practicing your beliefs.

But it doesn't mean cheap stunts like me going to preach in a mosque or something.

That just seems very strange. How can you be preaching at a church when you don't believe in the message the church is built upon?
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by ektbear: 5:15am On Nov 25, 2012
dayokanu: Aregbesola is from Ilesha which might be almost 70% Christian

A lot of Moslem leaders in Yoruba land went to Missionary schools and can sing xtian songs and even quote the bible.

I remembered when some Moslem fanatics wanted to cause problems in Oyo state. Lam Adeshina a Moslem governor told them to go and sit down somewhere that he too went to a Missionary school

I didn't know Ilesha was Christian like this. Then again, the only two NLers I know from there (Seun and kodewrita) both come from Christian families.
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by dreZilla(m): 9:41am On Nov 25, 2012
This redeem pple dey fall person hand... How in christ name this ayatollah... Boko haram is ever allowed to stand on the altar.... This is the first fanatic governor the SW has produced... Go n stay in oshogbo for week n see for ursef... This fool declared a muslim new year a public holiday in a predominantly secular state, n so on... Do not be deceived.. God is not mocked
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by chegson: 9:44am On Nov 25, 2012
I was highly impressed by the way and manner Alhaji Rauf Aregbesola was quoting passages from
the Bible at ACN Campain rally at Igando few days to the last Governorship election in Lagos State.
This is another clear demonstration that both Christians and Muslims are members of one big family
in Yorubaland and should always be seen as such. It is commendable, as far as i am concerned.
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by PeVicelect: 7:49pm On Mar 18, 2013
No big deal quoting the Bible. The devil himself quoted correctly for Jesus several times. Fanatics quote Bible to counter its claim. Fornicators, drunkards, all quote Bible.
Re: Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) by ibrahym47(m): 12:05am On Mar 19, 2013
When it comes to religion tolerance in 9ja, OPC na A1, YANMIRI c6, ABOKY f9. @Oluwaseun leme wear ma iron gloves b4 u deliva dis post

(1) (2) (Reply)

SE Traders Disown Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu / Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate / President Tinubu Mourns Former NNPC GMD Dr Thomas John

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.