Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,886 members, 7,848,573 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:33 AM

Gov. Martins Elechi Suspends Three Commissioners For Alleged Improper Dressing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Martins Elechi Suspends Three Commissioners For Alleged Improper Dressing (501 Views)

Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen / Yari Abubakar, Martins Elechi, Nigerias Youngest & Oldest Governors Respectively / Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Martins Elechi Suspends Three Commissioners For Alleged Improper Dressing by Nobody: 2:59am On Nov 25, 2012
Ahead of the speculated reshufflement of Ebonyi State executive council, the state government has suspended its Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Dr. Ben Igwenyi, for alleged improper dressing to a state function.

Also suspended are the state Commissioner for Works and Transport, Hon. Chukwuma Nwandugo; as well as Culture and Tourism, Chief Hyacinth Ikpor.
In a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Dr. Onyekachi Eni, the suspension is for three months, The Commissioners were directed not to appear in any state function within the duration of the suspension.
The statement read: “The Governor of Ebonyi State, Chief Martin Elechi, has ordered the suspension of three commissioners and members of the State Executive Council for improper dressing to a state banquet.
“The affected commissioners are: Hon. Chukwuma Nwandugo, Works and Transport; Hon. Hyacinth Ikpor, Culture and Tourism; and Hon. Ben Igwenyi, Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice.
“The suspension is for three months and it commences with immediate effect. The affected commissioners are not expected to appear in any state function within the duration of their suspension”.
Sunday Vanguard gathered that the affected commissioners were suspended after a recent state banquet organized on behalf of the Society of Gynaecologist and Obstetrics of Nigeria, SOGON at the Government House Lodge, Abakaliki.

Re: Gov. Martins Elechi Suspends Three Commissioners For Alleged Improper Dressing by floriana(m): 3:21am On Nov 25, 2012
Governor Elechi is my favourite buffoon. I love his headmaster approach to governance. Maybe the commissioners appeared in bum-shorts and spaghetti or body-hugging T-shirts. They are lucky this did not happen in Borno. Their fate would have been similar to those "20 mini-skirts wearing ladies" handled by the boko boys.

By the way, for those who wish to make the first comment, I say stay awake all nite and you will live your dream.
Re: Gov. Martins Elechi Suspends Three Commissioners For Alleged Improper Dressing by ektbear: 5:01am On Nov 25, 2012
Wtf? Someone please tell me that this story is fake.
Re: Gov. Martins Elechi Suspends Three Commissioners For Alleged Improper Dressing by EkoIle1: 5:14am On Nov 25, 2012
Though I'm laughing out of control because this is not only funny, it's also not a joke, it's real.

(1) (Reply)

The Bank Of England's New Governor / Time People's Award. Egyptians Are Voting For Morsi. / My Brother Died Of Cardiac Arrest- GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.