Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury (826 Views)

Photos From Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Birthday Ceremony / Private Jet Is A Necessity And Not A Luxury - Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor / Picture Of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Wife Limousine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by gohome: 7:58am On Nov 25, 2012
I had no single idea of how it came about. It is true that people like us have gotten to a point where we need to have means of movement that will help us. You may have heard me speak about my trip to Indonesia, to Jakarta.

In fact,  it wasn’t even Jakarta I was going to, but I had to stay inside an airport in Jakarta for five hours to wait for my flight, to get to the very city I was going. I was only going to preach for two hours there. I flew from Lagos to Dubai and I spent over three hours, changed flight to fly to Jakarta and then stayed five hours at the airport just to catch a flight to where I was going to, where I was to preach for just two hours.

And after everything, I got a flight from that place again to Jakarta, stayed at the airport again for another five hours, then flew into Dubai, stayed again at the airport for another three hours before I flew into Lagos. It took me four days to make a journey to preach for two hours. I’m a human being and I am not getting younger every day.

And locally, it is worse, for instance, the acting General Secretary of CAN lost his father in a place outside Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and I had to be there. I preached in a place in Lagos on a Friday and needed to be back to Warri on a Saturday, but at the end of the day, the plane that would have taken me was no where.

I had to charter a plane for N3.5 million to take me to Uyo, waited for me to finish and then take me back to Warri. Two weeks ago, a young pastor in Port Harcourt built a new church and had been on me all this while to come and dedicate the church and suddenly from no where, there was this flood that cut off the road to Port Harcourt.

There is no road now to Port Harcourt. If you want to go by road now, it takes you up to 12 hours to get to Port Harcourt and I had to preach in Port Harcourt, I had to preach in Lagos, I had to preach in Abuja and other places. Finally, I was able to find my way to Port Harcourt, it was on a Saturday.

I had to get to Warri that Saturday so as to be able to preach the next day, Sunday. Do you know what I had to finally do? I chartered a helicopter that cost me N2 million to drop me in Warri. When they dropped me here, ah, I can’t tell you how I felt that I had to part with that sum. But I had promised the young man and the church and if I had said  no, will it be right? I can go on and on and on.

So, sometimes, my schedule is so complicated. Now, with this plane, it changes everything about my movements. Now, I can move, I can even go and come back home. It is a bit more convenient for me and I suspect that this is one of the reasons a lot of these other preachers have planes.

Does your congregation understand all these engagements?

They do. They feel the pain I go through and they feel painful for not seeing me most of the time. They don’t like it, they are troubled.  I know some people buy planes, I can’t buy plane. I can’t afford it. I don’t have that kind of money, I still don’t know the people that bought this plane, but I know that there is a committee.

I hope you will get to meet with some of the people in that committee, I don’t  know them. My wife is more involved with them.  She (my wife) never talked to me, (about it) and she was acting strange. Well, I don’t want to get involved in this. This is my story about the plane. And I’m not ashamed to own a plane, I think it is a necessity and not a luxury for some of us deeply involved in the work of God to own planes.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 25, 2012
Just as it's a necessity for preachers to live responsibly, and not at the expense of their congregation
Though he sounds honest about it, there is every indication he's only attempting to justify the lavish lifestyle many pastors have adopted. Why not add a yacht to it? It's only arguable that a human deserves a relaxing yacht adventure after a hard week's work.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by Delafruita(m): 9:05am On Nov 25, 2012
I find difficult to believe that a group of people in a "committee" raised $40million which is the equivalent of 6.4billion naira which is in turn the monthly allocation of ekiti,ogun,osun and oyo states put together.and the "committee" raised this amount and decided to get their "papa" a jet as a gift.it gets stranger when "papa" doesn't even know those kind people on the "committee" who just gifted him the equivalent of the salaries of civil servants in 9states.his wife knows them sha so its not an issue.papa never knew about d "committee" and its actions.it would be good for papa to tacitly push the committee in the direction of raising half of that sum to aid the unemployed in his church.

What the heck did he mean by "people like us"?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 25, 2012
true story. He demonstrates the typical Nigerian attitude of 'I didn't ask for it!'
Wouldnt it be necessary for a sane government to investigate the source of that money? No. Rather it'll be part of the whole charade.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by BALLERON(m): 9:53am On Nov 25, 2012
Claims to be busy - cool story
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by Nickydrake(m): 10:04am On Nov 25, 2012
sauer: Just as it's a necessity for preachers to live responsibly, and not at the expense of their congregation
Though he sounds honest about it, there is every indication he's only attempting to justify the lavish lifestyle many pastors have adopted. Why not add a yacht to it? It's only arguable that a human deserves a relaxing yacht adventure after a hard week's work.

I like the part about the yatch. Haha
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by HAH: 11:30am On Nov 25, 2012
let me be point blank on this.'why should Gej use public fund to buy a plane. for orisejafor cos we all know. but i have a news for orisejafor " you will pay dearly for this "
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by Clerverly: 12:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
But you said you would not reply them? Why this bragging and showing off? Preaching ko preaching ni! why u no afganistan and Iran go preach?
Pastorprenuer na him you be >:
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 25, 2012
Thief. Oritsejafor is a thief and any tithe preaching fool that supports him is a thief as well.

Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 25, 2012
Criminal feeding on the poor people in his church.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by JAkpayen(m): 1:26pm On Nov 25, 2012
Let's not judge him or condemn him. Remember Luke 6:37 (Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven). But let us look forward to the fulfilment of Matthew 7:21-23 (Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity).
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by chiteny(m): 1:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
This post has been sensored.! angry
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
JAkpayen: Let's not judge him or condemn him. Remember Luke 6:37 (Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven). But let us look forward to the fulfilment of Matthew 7:21-23 (Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity).

Shut up. He is a thief and he should be called a thief.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by JAkpayen(m): 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Shut up. He is a thief and he should be called a thief.
I'm neither in support or against him. Make we leave matter for God.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
JAkpayen:
I'm neither in support or against him. Make we leave matter for God.

If it were boko haram, would you be neutraland leave it up to god?

Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by gulfer: 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2012
What i find funny is, i chattered this and paid ,so so amount' as if the money belongs to him and not the church. He has no exvuse to be in possession of that aircraft, simple.
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by wiegraf: 2:51pm On Nov 25, 2012
He didn't force them to pay him I believe, they were sheeple being sheeple. A people get the government they deserve, etc. He shouldn't be explaining himself either, what sort of feudal lord does that?

Of course if any pastoneur tries to preach to the wrong crowd though, he should expect what he's undoubtedly going to get. I wonder who the target audience of this interview are
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by skyfall: 2:51pm On Nov 25, 2012
Crooks claiming men of God. I just came back from a short trip down the road with my friend here in Lagos. Along a distance of less than 5km to and fro, we counted over 40 churches. And you tell me Xtianity is not good business?
Re: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: Plane Is A Necessity And Not Luxury by semid4lyfe(m): 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2012

(1)

Holy Ghost Congress 2012 / Amazing! Lady Writes WAEC With Leg. Made Six Credits / What Special Way Do You Thank God That You Think Can Shake The Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.