Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church (9363 Views)

Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) / Dealing With Incubus And Succubus Sex Demons That Attack Humans While Asleep / For All Those Who Fall Asleep In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by 4reigningqueen: 7:41pm On Nov 25, 2012
i feel sleepy when the sermon becomes too difficult to understand but when pastor start giving practical examples or start talking about people in government or fellow pastors with private jets,my eyes dey open well well.
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by bamshy: 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yield: Why do Nigerians say, "I took" instead of "I ate?" You don't "take tea, meat pie and biscuits," you "drink and eat" them. angry angry angry tongue
Because we are Nigerians! You wan chop tea too? lol
Have you ever wondered why a Canadian or British dude can't speak a Nigerian language in its correct syntax...well, it's because of the same reason.
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
bamshy:
Have you ever wondered why a Canadian or British dude can't speak a Nigerian language in its correct syntax...well, it's because of the same reason.

Dont mind the grammar nazi guy1!
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by charlsecy4(m): 8:37pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yield: Why say, "I took" instead of "I ate?" You don't "take tea, meat pie and biscuits," you "drink and eat" them.

charlsecy4: "Drink" and "ate" are correct in that sense, but using "take" in place of them is not wrong! "Take" is so general you can use it in many senses, take water, take drugs, take oranges, take pap, etc.

Yield: To me, it's not an adequate verb to use to express the action.

Unfortunately, personal opinions are hardly important in determining the validity of grammar. "Take" can serve, and is used in standard English to convey such information! I know what I am saying...

1 Like

Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by lastpage: 8:59pm On Nov 25, 2012
omotola1: As for ur sleeping palava, when ever u feel sleepy in Church, get up and start dancing Yahooze. Walahi d sleep go vanish.

Or that Korean man's "Poan, Gangnam Style"!

After Church one Sunday, we just allowed the Youths to plug that song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFHshctPO9E into the Church's Musical System .....and l tell you, people stayed longer in church that day ... and went home feeling Happier!
shocked shocked

If l ever have my own church, Walahi, all the Clubs and Discotheque will be green with envy: We go party hard but we will also "Love our Neighbors like ourselves ..... No Tithe! Just "willful offering"!

Lastpage!
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 25, 2012
bamshy:
I'm Canadian, makes sense. :p

charlsecy4:

Unfortunately, personal opinions are hardly important in determining the validity of grammar. "Take" can serve, and is used in standard English to convey such information! I know what I am saying...

What you just said is a personal opinion, I hope you realize that.
NOTE 1: I said when it comes to meds, "take" can be used.
NOTE 2: We're only talking about food here and the action being done is "eating".
NOTE 3: What you need to do is provide a credible source stating that "take" can be used synonymously to indicate eating or drinking food. Back it up.
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by IfyAwazie(f): 10:42pm On Nov 25, 2012
Ur church must be very boring or maybe d sermon was boring. If u were singing and dancing, u will not have dose off.
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by Galaxydon1(m): 9:53am On Nov 26, 2012
advocate666: If you don't go to church, you wont fall asleep in church.
anti- christ.
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by advocate666: 10:53am On Nov 26, 2012
Galaxydon1: anti- christ.

Thanks.
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by pharuk: 11:29am On Nov 27, 2012
@OP

Sleep normally kicks in when 20 mins after the pastor starts preaching, I don’t blame you/me for the following reasons.

1. Research has proved the attention span of an average human to continuously listed is 20 mins (shorter for men)

2. Some preachers are just boring really, even though they are called, they forget to do some research on how to engage the public, when speaking to a congregation, you should have punch lines to ginger (jokes, facts, expression etc)

3. Some services are long, so we try to have heavy breakfast in anticipation that you won’t be hungry.. But when you are filled up, the brain automatically send more help to digest your food so you feel sluggish.

4, We mostly have carbohydrates for breakfast (come to think about it, what else apart from fibre can you have)

In summary, I play angry birds, fifa 13, fruit ninja.. that keeps my brain warm..
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by GeneralGaricks: 7:00pm On Nov 27, 2012
^^ Thanks for the lectures.

Emptiness of thread shows how much people value churchgoing.
Re: How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church by mrinsurer: 9:54am On May 28, 2017
TAKE COFFEE BEFORE GOING TO CHURCH.OYIBO THAT INTRODUCED COFFEE BREAK ARE NOT STUPID.COFFEE STIMULATES AND KEEPS OUR BRAIN ALERT.GOD BLESS YOU

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Personally Hear From God? / The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. / How I Embraced Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.