Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. (3246 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by Iykopee(m): 9:53am On Nov 26, 2012
Oil or no oil, Can we divide this con3?
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by preciousoz: 10:43am On Nov 26, 2012
I pray this Oil Dry up so people can get serious with their lives.

Too Many Cyper Riff Raff..... Igbos in Edo,Taraba,Togo LWKMD... Expansionist
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by Abagworo(m): 11:14am On Nov 26, 2012
The balkanization of Egbema into two different States (Imo and Rivers States)

The balkanization of Egbema into two different States (Imo and Rivers States) is another constraint to infrastructural and economic development of Egbema Community. Making a case for the re-unification of Egbema into one State, the Nzeobi of Egbema, HRM, Eze S. N. A. Uzor (Late) at the
1975 Justice Irikefe panel on the creation of new States and boundaries adjustment stressed that, “
it was suicidal as well as criminal to split the inseparable and indivisible Egbema just to satisfy the
whims and caprices of politicians.”

The backwardness of Egbema kingdom is an aftermath of this divide. While tangible indices of development exist in Egbema Rivers, that of their kith and kin in Imo state are sordid. On many occasions, Egbema in Imo State - a bona fide member of the lower Niger Delta
 – 
have been excluded from beneficial schemes given to the Niger Delta region. During the passage of the NDDC bill in 2000, Egbema in Imo State almost lost its inclusion in the NDDC bill, but for painstaking and cost involving efforts of prominent politicians and power moguls of Egbema extract. Worth mentioning is the legislative dexterity and tenacity of Hon. Tony Okere Eze and the Oguta-breed Senator Arthur Nzeribe, who were at the then National Assembly.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/60363903/Oil-Activity-in-Egbema

I will be coming up with several verifiable instances of dividing Igbo communities and granting them ethnic status based on crude oil.

1 Like

Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:36am On Nov 26, 2012
Abagworo: The balkanization of Egbema into two different States (Imo and Rivers States)

The balkanization of Egbema into two different States (Imo and Rivers States) is another constraint to infrastructural and economic development of Egbema Community. Making a case for the re-unification of Egbema into one State, the Nzeobi of Egbema, HRM, Eze S. N. A. Uzor (Late) at the
1975 Justice Irikefe panel on the creation of new States and boundaries adjustment stressed that, “
it was suicidal as well as criminal to split the inseparable and indivisible Egbema just to satisfy the
whims and caprices of politicians.”

The backwardness of Egbema kingdom is an aftermath of this divide. While tangible indices of development exist in Egbema Rivers, that of their kith and kin in Imo state are sordid. On many occasions, Egbema in Imo State - a bona fide member of the lower Niger Delta
 – 
have been excluded from beneficial schemes given to the Niger Delta region. During the passage of the NDDC bill in 2000, Egbema in Imo State almost lost its inclusion in the NDDC bill, but for painstaking and cost involving efforts of prominent politicians and power moguls of Egbema extract. Worth mentioning is the legislative dexterity and tenacity of Hon. Tony Okere Eze and the Oguta-breed Senator Arthur Nzeribe, who were at the then National Assembly.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/60363903/Oil-Activity-in-Egbema

I will be coming up with several verifiable instances of dividing Igbo communities and granting them ethnic status based on crude oil.

^^^Abagworo nwanne thanks for throwing more light on this issue. smiley

preciousoz: I pray this Oil Dry up so people can get serious with their lives.
Too Many Cyper Riff Raff..... Igbos in Edo,Taraba,Togo LWKMD... Expansionist
Truckpusher: Point of correction:There are no Igbos in the Niger Delta ,the people you classify as Igbos are simply distinct neighboring tribes that has been acculturated due to long time inter marriages,trade and cultural exchange etc .Go back to your people let them tell you the truth, because you'll be making the same mistake all over again as long as they continue to lie to you abt your neighbors in the Niger Delta.

^^^To the two dudes quoted above, Abagworos post is for your perusal. wink

I really can't understand all this bad-belle towards Ndigbo, seriously! Do you guys know that an eminent Nigerian like Pat Utomi is Igbo even though he's from Delta state (Ibussa in Oshimili LGA)?....do you know the present head of Ohaneze Ndigbo is from Delta state?; and finally please note that yours trully is from Rivers state, but also a fully signed-up and proud Igbo blud wink.

Cheers.
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by Dede1(m): 12:43pm On Nov 26, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Abagworo nwanne thanks for throwing more light on this issue. smiley

^^^To the two dudes quoted above, Abagworos post is for your perusal. wink

I really can't understand all this bad-belle towards Ndigbo, seriously! Do you guys know that an eminent Nigerian like Pat Utomi is Igbo even though he's from Delta state (Ibussa in Oshimili LGA)?....do you know the present head of Ohaneze Ndigbo is from Delta state?; and finally please note that yours trully is from Rivers state, but also a fully signed-up and proud Igbo blud wink.

Cheers.

Bros, you could not be more correct. The so-called today’s youths of Nigeria are the most ill-educated bunch of nitwits that ever walked the surface of earth. The must culpable bunches are the offspring of denial artists. I really hope nothing for Nigeria other than disintegration. It is the only political machination that will set us free and engender a new sense of purpose and socio-political values.

1 Like

Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by preciousoz: 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2012
Am a Nigerian and Live in Nigeria. I interact with Nigerians of different ethnicity on a daily basis and even have Igbo relatives.... Have spent a good part of my Life in the East. What I don't understand is people coming online and start propagating conspiracy theories.

Was with an Ika Lady the other day and I called Her Igbo, She was quick to correct Me She's Ika and not Igbo ... WTF ! Faceless M0r0ns come online and derail interesting threads here (some even opening threads to bash themselves) Ogugua88 can testify.

Some hide over in the USA and type nonesense when the True Igbos I know are making money in the streets.

Stop propagating Hate and falsehood so U dnt bring trouble to the true Igbos. If you have a true case, channel it properly.

Please e-biafrans... Let's enjoy Nairaland.

Note: dnt quote me as I will not reply You. Just take my advise and learn. *dnt have time for cyber Riff Raffs*

1 Like

Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by geez1: 9:14pm On Nov 26, 2012
kettykin:

My brother frankly speaking lagos generates not more than kano or borno or anambra.
Before you shout blue murder let me explain , lagos is dependent of taxes paid by oil companies which mine their oil in niger delta , the taxes paid by banks owned by niger deltans , the taxes paid by telecom companies which make their money in the other 35 states of nigeria ,the sea port and whose major importers are igbos and other big companies owned by the ibrus, dangotes , isiaku rabiu , jim ovia, coscharis and co.

If Abacha or any other person had relocated these none yoruba companies some to abuja and some to port harcourt , lagos would have ended up a civil service state like ekiti and worse than borno and kano

You have very poor knowledge of history and economics. Even before the emergence of Jim, Dangote and the discovery of oil, Lagos has had and still has thriving industries. Besides most banks and major manufacturing companies in Lagos are controlled by people from the SW
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by Abagworo(m): 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2012
preciousoz: Am a Nigerian and Live in Nigeria. I interact with Nigerians of different ethnicity on a daily basis and even have Igbo relatives.... Have spent a good part of my Life in the East. What I don't understand is people coming online and start propagating conspiracy theories.

Maybe because you are not involved, it makes things difficult for you to understand. It is only in Nigeria that one can divide a village group based on availability of oil and call one part a different ethnic group. The Egbema example above is just one instance among many. You can as well educate yourself more by reading the pre-1970 and post-1970 history of Igbos and notice a sharp contrast.
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by ektbear: 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2012
the love of oil is the root of evil

oil, oil, oil, this is all we talk about
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 27, 2012
Shey America plans to produce its own oil in a few decades? I am also praying for alternative energy sources to become mainstream, causing China and major world economies to see no need in importing oil.

Those lazy theiving Nigerian politicians, oil-ethnicists, cronies and a*ss-kissers will have no choice then but buckle up and start thinking with their heads, not with their third legs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

News- See Photos From Plane Crash In Ikeja Lagos 70 Feared Dead / Rtrd. Gen. Buhari Live Chat With Christine Amanpour On CNN #AMANPOUR / Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.