Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? (14282 Views)

Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? / Whatsapp Now Has Gay Smileys..have You Noticed? / UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by JayKid1(m): 9:20am On Nov 26, 2012
KINGwax: I don't knw where u got dt from, mtn undercharges me!
I guess U're dia staff. grin
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by vislabraye(m): 9:23am On Nov 26, 2012
Ezedon: emptyN are Theives, they always reap where they did not sow, despite d billions they made from 9ja on daily basis

cheesy cheesy

People still retain their line for easy contact. Imagine a business man change his line. Important contacts may loose him. If not many people would have flung their MTN sim cards into the Atlanic ocean.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by frevangel(m): 10:28am On Nov 26, 2012
SOME TIPS FOR ALL USING MTN

Did you know you can get refund for any missing credit or overcharging?
1.This is what to do. Tweet @MTN180 and you will get swift response. They will call you sharply.
2. Ensure you get your call records right before calling.
3. For no 3, you may have to wait some hours before it reflects on their system, as you may get angry when you are told you details are not up on the systems yet.
4. Using your MTN Second No. you can access the selfservice.mtnonline.com portal and see your transactions for call, sms, data etc.
5. You can also download the SelfCare app that does the same work of the self service portal but on a mobile phone. Text CARE to 5018 a link to download the app will be sent to you.
6. Checking your call data record can give you first hand info on everything that happened on your line for any period you select. Its more like a bank statement.
7.For those who still get charged when you have active BB subscription. Text DATA OFF to 131 and you will come back to thank me. Also note that 3rd party apps like Ubersocial, WhatsApp, 2go, scoremobile, youtube and other video streaming apps, some bibles/dictionaries and even browsers like UCWeb etc connect through WAP by default. You may need to go through their settings to select BIS connection. I have done that for my UCWeb and Ubersocial apps.
8. Pulse folks often don't know when the other number they are calling has migrated from Pulse.
9. To check your balance when you are getting time out using *556# simply dial *123*1*1# or text 8 to 131. Also, to check your tariff dial *123*1*3#.

I hope these tips help. Don't forget to always contact @MTN180, they will call you as opposed to calling 180.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Kabikala(m): 10:35am On Nov 26, 2012
I have dumped my MTN line for about two months now based on the way the network have been treating me.
First, about 3 months ago I made several calls up to the minimum daily call to enjoy the advertised daily bonus, N400 was deducted from my balance suddenly and for no reason.
Secondly, I was in Dakar last month and tried to call a Nigerian Airtel line, MTN deducted N700 for a minute call just because I roamed. That was outrageous. They did the same thing to me while I was in Johannesburg last year even though I roamed to their local MTN network.
MTN is a shylock network and I am not going back to them.

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by shyna501: 11:23am On Nov 26, 2012
KINGwax: I don't knw where u got dt from, mtn undercharges me!

Ʊ're probably nt in 9jeria...
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by nenergy(m): 11:39am On Nov 26, 2012
Vincent 4:

for de fact dat there are many other networks in naija,Mtn has become de worst....hate dat network,am just Praying dat Boko Haram will Bomb all their Offices in naija

Comments such as these can land you in SSS detention. Are you a BH apologist? Be careful o!
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by phinter: 11:41am On Nov 26, 2012
They are all the same...i dont trust any of them at all.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by berryjay: 11:51am On Nov 26, 2012
I susbcribe to all d networks... So far, MTN , is the CHEAPEST....
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by pure123: 12:15pm On Nov 26, 2012
i have broken my MTN sim since........The charges are unbearable, and d worst thing is that you cant even get through to their customer service. Even airtel network is even misbehaving these days
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 26, 2012
The last thing i would do is to calculate how much MTN charges me cause i know i would get HBP. Am fully aware that they are thiefs
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by femijck(m): 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2012
MTN na big fool na ....i just migrate FAF afta i discovered i was been charge N24 per min for mtn calls and more for other ntwk...MTN MUST GO...olè buruku
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by luluosas(m): 1:52pm On Nov 26, 2012
ignis:
I guess its a system problem. Because i also subscribe for MTN BIS
Did you ever received any notice from MTN? I doubt those yellow boys.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by neyostica: 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2012
femijck: MTN na big fool na ....i just migrate FAF afta i discovered i was been charge N24 per min for mtn calls and more for other ntwk...MTN MUST GO...olè buruku

You should probably get your security and check your call log and paste it here for proof
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by luluosas(m): 2:05pm On Nov 26, 2012
rman: Another MTN thread makes the front page.

MTN charm must be very strong on Nigerians.

The day MTN decides to leave Nigeria, a lot of peoeple will fall sick.

I think they all need to focus their negative energy on MTN to get going in life.

It is a competitive market, If you don;t like MTN use another line. Even those that claim they don't use MTN can not avoid MTN threads.

While some of the cases are genuine, some actually comment to join the bandwagon.

By Wednesday, I expect to see another MTN thread on Nairaland FP.

And what do you think this your nonsense posts represent? For your information, anybody having any network Sim is at will to comment whether it concerns them or not. Like myself, I can't remember when last my MTN Sim card visited a phone, talk-less of using it for any service. My Glo keep me glowing always!
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by luluosas(m): 2:14pm On Nov 26, 2012
Kabikala: I have dumped my MTN line for about two months now based on the way the network have been treating me.
First, about 3 months ago I made several calls up to the minimum daily call to enjoy the advertised daily bonus, N400 was deducted from my balance suddenly and for no reason.
Secondly, I was in Dakar last month and tried to call a Nigerian Airtel line, MTN deducted N700 for a minute call just because I roamed. That was outrageous. They did the same thing to me while I was in Johannesburg last year even though I roamed to their local MTN network.
MTN is a shylock network and I am not going back to them.
A courageous fellow. Well done.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by luluosas(m): 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2012
gboss4sure: The last thing i would do is to calculate how much MTN charges me cause i know i would get HBP. Am fully aware that they are thiefs
You are not helping yourself at all as this approach of yours gives these yellow boys the opportunity to STEAL YOU BLIND with your cooperation. After all, you will never complain.
But come oh, did MTN worked your money for you? Why must you allow them to steal it from you unchallenged? Think oh before you actually get a HBP while on an important call courtesy of MTN. To be forewarn is to be forearm. Thank you.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by iykemyke: 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2012
i noticed that today. Am on weekly booster. And i aslo noticed i get notified how i will be charged before i initiate any call, but since today they stopped and my billing is now irregular
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by chronique(m): 2:35pm On Nov 26, 2012
neyostica:

Maybe you are not in zone coverage area, dial *135*5# to receive start of call notification and E0CN ON to 131 to receive end of call notification

I'm in the zone coverage area(lagos) & I usually get notification about how much my call should cost. That's how I was able to find out that the highest zone tarrif is 28k. However,I've realised that anytime I call,I'm charged twice the normal amt. For example,when I'm charged 24k according to d zone notification,by the time I call,they end up deducting 48k. Same goes for 4k,8k,12k,16k,20k,28k notifications. Moreover,they always show me the amount of minutes/seconds I spend & when I crosscheck it,it's usually double of what I should have been charged.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2012
neyostica:

Note, on pulse, your first minute call irrespective of the number(pulse users) you are calling is charged at 40kb/s, hence the discrepancy.
thanks for the explanations.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Valto(m): 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2012
forget mtn.... Get an airtel sim, dial *422#(airtel 2good reloaded). Its 18kobo per sec to all network @ just #5 daily charge.......
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by babanne(m): 3:41pm On Nov 26, 2012
That happens many times.I once experienced it on my mtn line before i decided to loose it.Extortions is their style.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by ishmael(m): 5:09pm On Nov 26, 2012
MTN are not sincere with their dealings and services at all. Though i still use the line because of my business clients and friends who always call me on mtn, but I hate their network.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Maleeq(m): 7:05pm On Nov 26, 2012
I was billed N700 for a minute local call to another MTN line. This happened to me last week. I still dey follow dem drag o!

Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by frankfrank(m): 8:36pm On Nov 26, 2012
Calabarman" keep ur apologies to urself, that's the polite insult mtn have for us whenever we call. I will recommend we come up wt a forum (here in Nairaland) to address this issue, cos ncc have failed us.
New tread pls,Let us put our heads and ideas together to address this bunch of fradulent and arrogant operates.
Enough of d complaininnig let's take the next step. . . . . . . . . . to addrress the issue.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by luluosas(m): 7:12am On Nov 27, 2012
frankfrank: Calabarman" keep ur apologies to urself, that's the polite insult mtn have for us whenever we call. I will recommend we come up wt a forum (here in Nairaland) to address this issue, cos ncc have failed us.
New tread pls,Let us put our heads and ideas together to address this bunch of fraudulent and arrogant operates.
Enough of d complaininnig let's take the next step. . . . . . . . . . to addrress the issue.
This is good a good idea. In fact, I created a Facebook Group (GAME NIGERIA) https://www./nigeriantelecomforum/ which if embraced widely will lead to directly reporting our various telecoms service providers directly to NCC, as you will be able to tag NCC in your post.
GAME NIGERIA is the umbrella for the four major telecoms service providers in Nigeria, which are:-
G - Globacom
A - Airtel
M - MTN
E - Etisalat

The more we Nigerians keep quiet or feel satisfied with the poor and exorbitant services that we are given, the more they will keep smiling to their various banks with our collective wealth. Should we all Nigerians unite to put OFF our phones for just 24hrs only, to protests for reductions in the current tariffs they are offering, I tell you, they will become very afraid of us and will try by all possible means to listen to us. You know what! Iron hand is the only instrument that works in Nigeria. Putting our ego and differences behind to unite in pushing for our common good is the starting point of making adequate changes to the way things are been done in Nigeria, particular in the telecoms sector. Thank you.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by luluosas(m): 7:14am On Nov 27, 2012
Maleeq: I was billed N700 for a minute local call to another MTN line. This happened to me last week. I still dey follow dem drag o!

My guy, you need to run 440 from that network now!!! RRRRRRuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by neyostica: 4:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
Maleeq: I was billed N700 for a minute local call to another MTN line. This happened to me last week. I still dey follow dem drag o!

You don't have to present altered information just to discredit MTN, the 60sec should be 60secs, also
the acc balance naira is always in bold. That's not MTN EOCN
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Maleeq(m): 7:08pm On Nov 27, 2012
neyostica:

You don't have to present altered information just to discredit MTN, the 60sec should be 60secs, also
the acc balance naira is always in bold. That's not MTN EOCN
Always in bold? What kind of handset do you use please? "Shiner" phone? Post a screenshot of yours...

I don't have your time for you are apparently clueless. The screen I uploaded was in no way altered. Besides, MTN acknowledge this, so I don't know what your point is!
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by U1(m): 2:27pm On Dec 29, 2012
ImpactWorld: @ calabaman,
Dear MTN CSR,

My MTN Zone was consistently charged at 40k/s despite always seeing between 0k/s to 10k/s on my screen.
When I realised and called CSR, I was told MTN Zone works in only 5 states and everyone outside those states are charged 40k/s.
I would rly love u to explain this one.
First, did MTN ever tell Nigerians that MTN Zone works in only 5 states? And why show 4k/s on my screen?
second, why should I call MTM-MTN at 40k/s when I can use airtel at 20k/s to all networks?
My numerous experiences make it so clear that MTN is fraud.

Wow! Bless you, bro. This pretty much summarises my experience. I've noticed that I was being overcharged for a while, but had not the time to do something on it. After being charged 40K/sec again today, I decided to check if that's the new rate now; that's how I found this thread as well as post. Guess the provider is trying to chase us off the Zone plan; guess it worked. I've learnt not to rely on MTN long ago, making me check balance after every call. But then, this is Naija where you shouldn't expect anything to be done on this. Man, only God can help us in this country.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by luluosas(m): 11:15pm On Dec 29, 2012
I don't know the MTN plan my in-law leaving with us uses but, she was mad with MTN yesterday 28th December, 2012, when they wiped her N100 airtime after less than a minute call. She was threatening to break her MTN Sim and I told her that, I have an Etisalat Sim which is redundant and will gladly give to her, since she already have Glo.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by neyostica: 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
luluosas: I don't know the MTN plan my in-law leaving with us uses but, she was mad with MTN yesterday 28th December, 2012, when they wiped her N100 airtime after less than a minute call. She was threatening to break her MTN Sim and I told her that, I have an Etisalat Sim which is redundant and will gladly give to her, since she already have Glo.

GLO marketer, no matter how hard you try, MTN will always be ahead of Glo, deal with that.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by puskin: 8:12am On Dec 31, 2012
neyostica:

GLO marketer, no matter how hard you try, MTN will always be ahead of Glo, deal with that.

U actually saw all through his comments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tricks To Get A Good Replacement Battery For Your Smartphones. / Galaxy S5 Original And Fake / I've Got The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge(World Best Smartphone) , Ask Me Any Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.