Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer (14518 Views)

Coronavirus: 4 Ways To Properly Sanitize And Clean Your Smartphones / Best 4 Ways To Track Your Lost Phone / 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:07am On Jun 22, 2017

I suddenly heard the sound of a spark and the air smelt like where incense was being burnt so I rushed into the room to check what made the sound, the home theater was still playing music and everything seemed to be okay. In the midst of my confusion, I heard the dreaded low battery sound and I remembered that I had plugged in my phone with a new charger. My heart sunk.

It was the third charger I bought in 2 weeks. Each of the chargers cost N2500. I could sense my village people dancing because of the charger. #Softwork. It was downright painful but I still had to go and buy another charger. The fourth one. ...

Chargers are the most necessary smartphone accessories that we can't do without but sometimes the chargers don't even last up to 2 months before it develops issues.It's either you have to bend the cord in order for your device to charge or the cord has simply stopped responding, it could even be charging extremely slowly.

It could even be worse ; it got burnt. In any way, there are different ways to make your charger last longer.

1.Use A Surge Protector
Surge protectors are not too expensive. These devices will help keep your charger and other home appliances safe when the Electricity Company decides to play games with your electricity.

During current fluctuations it makes you very sure that nothing will get damaged as the surge protector will handle it effectively and if anything should get damaged, it's the surge protector that'll get spoilt first which saves you from buying another charger. Surge protectors normally cost between N850 - N6000 depending on the type you can afford. I'd advise that you don't be a cheapskate and go for the cheapest one because you won't like the outcome definitely. You can get the ones from N1500 and above.

2.When Charging Don't Stretch The Charger Too Much

The essence of this is to actually protect your charging port. This happened to me once and I felt like crying. It spoilt my charging port. If you are charging your phone in a public place like a barber's shop, don't let your cord stretch across the whole place.

Someone may just walk across the shop and unknowingly match the cord and different things could happen. Your charger will definitely get weak because of this. Something worse could even happen like your charging port spoiling or your phone flying off your hands and smashing it's screen.

3.Always Unplug Your Charger From The Head
Never grab your charger by its cord and try to unplug it that way. It may work, and it may just seem like you aren’t really doing any damage, but over time the tension will cause irreparable internal damage.

4.Always Keep It Dry

Always keep it away from sources of water. Don’t charge in your kitchen, don’t charge in your bathroom, and always clean spills right away. If you follow these four rules, you'll be able to use your charger for quite a long time.

My Recommendation
If you want your Android smartphone to charge fast, I think you should get a Blackberry Playbook charger

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:08am On Jun 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:08am On Jun 22, 2017
segebase:
dd
booking space already grin
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by IamSINZ(m): 7:38am On Jun 22, 2017
Lemmie just comment for commenting sake.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by Priscy01(f): 7:40am On Jun 22, 2017
Okay grin
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 22, 2017
grin
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by Beverages: 7:41am On Jun 22, 2017
Okay.
Thanks though.
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by wizzy39: 7:42am On Jun 22, 2017
Any new thing because I know all these already embarassed
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by Onyinye15(f): 7:43am On Jun 22, 2017
angry grin grin
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by catherineokezie(f): 7:44am On Jun 22, 2017
OK....noted
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by Husty(m): 7:44am On Jun 22, 2017
My Turaya came with solar panel, so this info is not for me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by prinsam30: 7:45am On Jun 22, 2017
u try small but........

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by omowumeee(f): 7:46am On Jun 22, 2017
5.Be stingy with your charger

11 Likes

Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 22, 2017
Always plug the neutral Port in ur charging outlet
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by Omeffa(f): 7:55am On Jun 22, 2017
Beverages:
Okay.
Thanks though.
Irrelevant post right,??
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 22, 2017
learn how to stingy should incase your guy want to make use of it, unless over work go kill yr charger, ask anybody that's using Unilorin android charger u go fear at d rate people dey borrow d charger

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by xreal: 7:57am On Jun 22, 2017
@ op.

include illustrative images next time.
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by galadima77(m): 7:57am On Jun 22, 2017
Husty:
My Turaya came with solar panel, so this info is not for me.

Hahahahahahahaha

una no go kill person

Hahahahahahahaha
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by Beverages: 7:58am On Jun 22, 2017
Omeffa:
Irrelevant post right,??
is it your post?

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by monaPhilz: 8:19am On Jun 22, 2017
Amazon charger is very fast and long lasting.
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by Nddytex08(m): 8:21am On Jun 22, 2017
Dunno how I did mine but the charging port is having issues.. I have to bend it close to the mouth of my charger n port in other for to charge. I have been a victim of over stretching my charger just to be fingering my fone from afar. pls how much does it cost to change or repair charging port. thnks
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by sulaimon99(m): 8:38am On Jun 22, 2017
I have a Techno l8 plus ..the charger that came with it got damaged due to power fluctuations and ever since I've bn having getting chargers to use to charge but none of them charges it fast at all
Please can someone recommend the type and model of charger to use to charge the phone fast and well ?
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by amclimax(m): 8:39am On Jun 22, 2017
how much be charger @op..... some practice unsafe sex but want to save their charger
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by Orpe7(m): 8:44am On Jun 22, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

I suddenly heard the sound of a spark and the air smelt like where incense was being burnt so I rushed into the room to check what made the sound, the home theater was still playing music and everything seemed to be okay. In the midst of my confusion, I heard the dreaded low battery sound and I remembered that I had plugged in my phone with a new charger. My heart sunk.

It was the third charger I bought in 2 weeks. Each of the chargers cost N2500. I could sense my village people dancing because of the charger. #Softwork. It was downright painful but I still had to go and buy another charger. The fourth one. ...

Chargers are the most necessary smartphone accessories that we can't do without but sometimes the chargers don't even last up to 2 months before it develops issues.It's either you have to bend the cord in order for your device to charge or the cord has simply stopped responding, it could even be charging extremely slowly.

It could even be worse ; it got burnt. In any way, there are different ways to make your charger last longer.

1.Use A Surge Protector
Surge protectors are not too expensive. These devices will help keep your charger and other home appliances safe when the Electricity Company decides to play games with your electricity.

During current fluctuations it makes you very sure that nothing will get damaged as the surge protector will handle it effectively and if anything should get damaged, it's the surge protector that'll get spoilt first which saves you from buying another charger. Surge protectors normally cost between N850 - N6000 depending on the type you can afford. I'd advise that you don't be a cheapskate and go for the cheapest one because you won't like the outcome definitely. You can get the ones from N1500 and above.

2.When Charging Don't Stretch The Charger Too Much

The essence of this is to actually protect your charging port. This happened to me once and I felt like crying. It spoilt my charging port. If you are charging your phone in a public place like a barber's shop, don't let your cord stretch across the whole place.

Someone may just walk across the shop and unknowingly match the cord and different things could happen. Your charger will definitely get weak because of this. Something worse could even happen like your charging port spoiling or your phone flying off your hands and smashing it's screen.

3.Always Unplug Your Charger From The Head
Never grab your charger by its cord and try to unplug it that way. It may work, and it may just seem like you aren’t really doing any damage, but over time the tension will cause irreparable internal damage.

4.Always Keep It Dry

Always keep it away from sources of water. Don’t charge in your kitchen, don’t charge in your bathroom, and always clean spills right away. If you follow these four rules, you'll be able to use your charger for quite a long time.

My Recommendation
If you want your Android smartphone to charge fast, I think you should get a Blackberry Playbook charger

if u want a good charger, try going for a samsung (2A output) fast charger. Most people dont know this, different chargers comes with different output. Some with 1A, 1.5A and 2A. Thats why some phones charge fast with a 1A output while some wont. Some my own recommendation for a samsung user, go for a 2A output fast charger. However shine ur eyes make our brothers from the yeast no sell u fake!

2 Likes

Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 22, 2017
omowumeee:
5.Be stingy with your charger
damn Bae.. you wicked
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by Ennyholar: 9:15am On Jun 22, 2017
With L9PLUS
What is charging?

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by bhankymyk(m): 9:29am On Jun 22, 2017
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by brandydaniells(m): 9:36am On Jun 22, 2017
this guy is good
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by brandydaniells(m): 9:38am On Jun 22, 2017
plus am using turaya soooooo
Re: 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer by airsaylongcon: 11:03am On Jun 22, 2017
monaPhilz:
Amazon charger is very fast and long lasting.

Nigerians will soon go and clone it in China. Fakes will flood the market soon

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone / Airtel Blackberry Complete As Modem / Is This The Way Jumia Is Ripping Nigerians? Very Bad!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.