Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

How Do You React/answer When Someone Knocks On Your Door? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do You React/answer When Someone Knocks On Your Door? (3769 Views)

Look At The Snake My Younger Brother Killed This Night At His Door Step (PICS) / School Of Hard Knocks Or Going To School : Which Pays Of The Most? / ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You React/answer When Someone Knocks On Your Door? by Zeebah23(f): 10:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
When you visit some people & you knock on their door,the way they throw questions at you might make you wanna change your mind. My aunt sent me somewhere recently and when i knocked,the questions were; Tani yen? (who is that), Kiloruko e?(what's your name) Latibo?(from where), Ta lo bere?(who are you asking after) not minding if i understand the language or not. The annoying part was that the person asking the questions was not anywhere near the door,She was screaming from God-knows-where,so even if i had wanted to explain myself,which was the last thing on my mind then,she wouldn't have heard me.so,i walked away and while i was leaving,she came out and asked questions. Given the security situation of Nigeria,one might not want to open the door to every Tom,D*ck & Harry that comes knocking without little interrogation,that i understand. And I know some knocksters-if there's such word-can be annoying cause they don't knock,they bang! There are others that even when you are close to the door and politely ask them questions from inside,they won't say a word and they keep knocking. Be that as it may, i believe there should be a way of attending to whoever is at the door without embarassing them. How do you answer when people knock on your door?
Re: How Do You React/answer When Someone Knocks On Your Door? by Mynd44: 10:55pm On Nov 25, 2012
When I knock on doors, I understand the security situation pervalent around the country now which has made a lot of people paranoid, so I try to be as accomodating as possible.

Most times when I knock and I hear a response
"who is that", my response will be

"its mynd, I am here from xyz"
Re: How Do You React/answer When Someone Knocks On Your Door? by Tariqh: 11:32pm On Nov 25, 2012
I reply saying "Jimmy's .hore house, U got the Dough, We got the .hore"......Dat is if I am home Alone
Re: How Do You React/answer When Someone Knocks On Your Door? by wissezy: 12:06am On Nov 26, 2012
As for our gate man and our security men. They do call us on phone to confirm b/f u step inside the compound.
Re: How Do You React/answer When Someone Knocks On Your Door? by Emmyk(m): 7:32am On Nov 26, 2012
my response in my lodge in school, "Yeah, who is it?" .. If you say you name and I know you, I will recognise your voice, buh if you keep knocking without saying anything, I will just be indifferent.

(1) (Reply)

7 Months Old German Shepherd Urgently For Sale, Asking Price 20k See Photo / I Hate All Animals! / Who Can Teach Me How To Put My Signature In The Forum Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.