Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians (2353 Views)

Black Man Makes Racist KKK Member Piss In His Pants.(pic) / Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD / GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by omoge25(f): 10:11pm On Feb 08, 2008
Pardon Attorney Moved After Racism Claim
By LARA JAKES JORDAN – 2 days ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department attorney responsible for recommending presidential pardons has been transferred out of his office following accusations of mismanagement and racism.

Roger Adams, who served as the government's pardon attorney for over a decade, told internal Justice Department investigators he probably has "some faults, but racial prejudice is not one of them."

But the department's inspector general concluded otherwise, finding that Adams acted improperly in describing a drug convict applying for a pardon as "about as honest as you could expect for a Nigerian."
"Unfortunately, that's not very honest," Adams allegedly told a co-worker, according to the inspector general's December 2007 report.

The inspector general's office said it did not find reason to doubt the accuracy of the statement after its own interview with Adams.

"We believe that Adams' comments — and his use of nationality in the decision-making process — were inappropriate," the report concluded. "We were extremely troubled by Adams' belief that an applicant's 'ethnic background' was something that should be an 'important consideration' in a pardon decision."

Rest of article here
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by omoge25(f): 10:16pm On Feb 08, 2008
Roger adams

Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by 4Play(m): 10:19pm On Feb 08, 2008
Firstly,Nigeria is not a race so making denigrating comments about Nigeria/Nigerians can hardly be described as racism.

Secondly,how is a worker at the Justice Dept "Pres Bush's attorney"?
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by omoge25(f): 10:29pm On Feb 08, 2008

Thats how it was titled at the website I found it.  Dont shoot the messenger  lipsrsealed

Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by Danmasani(m): 10:29pm On Feb 08, 2008
Damn, this is really messed up, wow! shocked!
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by Dreloaded(f): 10:31pm On Feb 08, 2008
fine. prejudice remark, better now 4Play?
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by 4Play(m): 10:45pm On Feb 08, 2008
omoge25:

I agree but thats how it was titled at the website I found it.  Dont shoot the messenger  lipsrsealed

Show me the website.It is definitely not the one you cited.
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by omoge25(f): 10:54pm On Feb 08, 2008
D-reloaded:

fine. prejudice remark, better now 4Play?

Abi o, Im not sure why the title dey pain am?

Danmasani:

Damn, this is really messed up, wow! shocked!
It really is, because of a few bad apple people are now making hasty generalization towards all nigerians.
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by RichyBlacK(m): 1:25am On Feb 09, 2008
That Roger Adams is a b&*$#@d!

There are many of such racist pigs in many other federal parastatals, especially the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (aka ICE).
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by 4Play(m): 1:26am On Feb 09, 2008
omoge25:

Abi o, I'm not sure why the title dey pain am?  

The title is grossly misleading. A largely insignificant DOJ employee made a hare-brained remark-this has been converted for the sake of sensationalism to[i] Bush's Attorney makes racist(as if Nigeria is a race) comment[/i]
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by almondjoy(f): 1:29am On Feb 09, 2008
4 Play:

Firstly,Nigeria is not a race so making denigrating comments about Nigeria/Nigerians can hardly be described as racism.

Secondly,how is a worker at the Justice Dept "Pres Bush's attorney"?

Smarty pants! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

4 Play:

The title is grossly misleading. A largely insignificant DOJ employee made a hare-brained remark-this has been converted for the sake of sensationalism to[i] Bush's Attorney makes racist(as if Nigeria is a race) comment[/i]

he he he

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Please don't be annoyed.
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by 4Play(m): 1:30am On Feb 09, 2008
RichyBlacK:

That Roger Adams is a b&*$#@d!
There are many of such[b] racist [/b] pigs in many other federal parastatals, especially the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (aka ICE).

If denigrating remarks about Nigeria/Nigerians amounts to racism,we need to condemn pretty much every non-Nigerian who is aware of Nigeria since quite a sizeable amount of them have little good to say about us.

For instance,what about Oprah? Is she racist too?
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by almondjoy(f): 8:09am On Feb 09, 2008
4 Play:

If denigrating remarks about Nigeria/Nigerians amounts to racism,we need to condemn pretty much every non-Nigerian who is aware of Nigeria since quite a sizeable amount of them have little good to say about us.

Of course! She is white!
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by oldie(m): 12:23pm On Feb 09, 2008
almondjoy:

Of course! She is white!

Don't know whether to laugh or cry!
And please don't say " Please don't be annoyed." grin
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by darfur(m): 8:36pm On Feb 09, 2008
somebody said nigerians are not honest and you guys are busy fighting as if the guy said something strange. have u guys ever tried to see things from the other person's perspective? these guys are not perfect. they are humans. they make mistakes. we are worse than them. let's face it. if the situation was reversed, we would say worse things.

this guy probably has met many nigerians and the overwhelming majority of those he met(or heard of) have been dishonest. and so he assumed the country is full of dishonest people. may be he has never been to nigeria b4, he meets these guys who dupe around. he watched our elections on CNN, he has seen rogues elected and loot our money into their banks, he has seen criminals arrested in london being given hero's welcome in nigeria, he has seen the nigerian churches honour some thieves, he has seen oprah discuss some bad stuff about our dishonesty. . .etc

while that is not really enough reason to call a whole nation dishonest, i believe, if it were us, we would not hesitate to make even worse hasty generalisations.

just take a trip to the racism/culture threads and see how we make even worse conclusions about "the other tribe" in our own country o, see how some ladies write off nigerian men and vice versa, we are worse than this man. let's face it. and we should focus more on finding and hitting those of us who damage our names.

and if i may ask, if any of us should enter a bus and see the bus filled with men of middle east ancestry with long beards like osama, would we be as comfortable in such as bus as we should be?

we should remove the log in our eyes b4 we talk of the speck in the attorney's eyes. simple
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by vowiski(m): 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2008
darfur:

somebody said nigerians are not honest and you guys are busy fighting as if the guy said something strange. have u guys ever tried to see things from the other person's perspective? these guys are not perfect. they are humans. they make mistakes. we are worse than them. let's face it. if the situation was reversed, we would say worse things.

this guy probably has met many nigerians and the overwhelming majority of those he met(or heard of) have been dishonest. and so he assumed the country is full of dishonest people. may be he has never been to nigeria before, he meets these guys who dupe around. he watched our elections on CNN, he has seen rogues elected and loot our money into their banks, he has seen criminals arrested in london being given hero's welcome in nigeria, he has seen the nigerian churches honour some thieves, he has seen oprah discuss some bad stuff about our dishonesty. . .etc

while that is not really enough reason to call a whole nation dishonest, i believe, if it were us, we would not hesitate to make even worse hasty generalisations.

just take a trip to the racism/culture threads and see how we make even worse conclusions about "the other tribe" in our own country o, see how some ladies write off nigerian men and vice versa, we are worse than this man. let's face it. and we should focus more on finding and hitting those of us who damage our names.

and if i may ask, if any of us should enter a bus and see the bus filled with men of middle east ancestry with long beards like osama, would we be as comfortable in such as bus as we should be?

we should remove the log in our eyes before we talk of the speck in the attorney's eyes. simple
i agree with u a 100%.
nigeria a race or not, who cares?
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by subice(m): 9:49pm On Feb 09, 2008
@ darfur

Well said!
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by LiquidMind(m): 9:54pm On Feb 09, 2008
Nigeria was created by the white man,  And now the excrement he left in Africa call Nigeria has started to stink  through out the world,  

We are known for drug trafficking, corruption,  419,  human trafficking   and who is to blame ??
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by RichyBlacK(m): 11:28pm On Feb 09, 2008
4 Play:

You fail to see the context. His view of Nigerians is unlikely to be from a cold, unbiased assessment of any form of data on the relationship between criminality and nationality. Why? Simple. No such data exists! It is more likely from the racist view of some whites that the non-white, particularly the black man, is more likely to commit a crime than the white man. This notion informed the rampant lynching of blacks (for crimes they did not commit) for hundreds of years in the US, the Jim Crow laws in the American South, the reporting of events during the Katrina disaster where blacks were "looting" but whites were "looking for food", and the current criminal justice system in the United States, which I hope you're familiar with. I'm sure if you take a closer look at the data on denial and approval of pardon, the overwhelming majority of those whose pardon were approved would be white.

The trend in America of disguising racism with nationality can only fool those not familiar with the sordid history of the US and the penchant for most whites to associate crime with blacks, or non-whites. Even if we accept the premise that his negative bias was directed at Nigeria (and some other countries with nationals more likely to commit crime), it is impossible to assert that whatever Roger Adams thinks makes those nationals more likely to commit crimes would respect national boundaries. Hence, all neighboring countries to Nigeria would be suspected of having nationals more likely to commit crime. Further extrapolation of this will guarantee that all African countries are lumped together in this group of nations with nationals prone to committing crime - of course Africa's borders will form the limit of such an exercise in extrapolation.

This wasn't about nationality, it was about race. The following is an excerpt from the article:

"Adams said he was particularly troubled by the accusation that he used race or ethnic origin as a factor in deciding whether to recommend a pardon."
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by almondjoy(f): 4:58am On Feb 10, 2008
LiquidMind:

Nigeria was created by the white man, And now the excrement he left in Africa call Nigeria has started to stink through out the world,

We are known for drug trafficking, corruption, 419, human trafficking and who is to blame ??

he he he he he he he he heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Could not have put it better myself.

Yet some are looking for "nation rebuilders"!
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by Dalby(m): 11:00pm On Feb 10, 2008
almondjoy:

he he he he he he he he heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Could not have put it better myself.

Yet some are looking for "nation rebuilders"!

Like me grin

@liquidmind

Name one country in the world that does not have these vices drug trafficking, corruption, 419, and human trafficking
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 3:25am On Feb 11, 2008
darfur:

this guy probably has met many nigerians and the overwhelming majority of those he met(or heard of) have been dishonest. and so he assumed the country is full of dishonest people. may be he has never been to nigeria before, he meets these guys who dupe around. he watched our elections on CNN, he has seen rogues elected and loot our money into their banks, he has seen criminals arrested in london being given hero's welcome in nigeria, he has seen the nigerian churches honour some thieves, he has seen oprah discuss some bad stuff about our dishonesty. . .etc

we should remove the log in our eyes before we talk of the speck in the attorney's eyes. simple

You are a very honest Nigerian !!!
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by 4Him(m): 3:27am On Feb 11, 2008
great post darfur!
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by almondjoy(f): 5:11am On Feb 11, 2008
darfur:

The truth is very birrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrer! cheesy As long as what is being discussed are the facts--no problems then.  If you enter a bus full of useless Nigerian men--you wll be forced to generalize too. tongue

As for finding and hitting those who damage our names? he he he he he he he he he he! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

That is going to be a big problem because if you look in the mirror no matter how ugly you are, you can never shoot yourself. cheesy  I don't know if anyone has ever tried to remove a speck or log from his or her own eye.  It is not easy and it is no fun. It is much easier to remove the speck or log in another's. cool

Bottom line----------Nigerians cause the greatest problems for Nigeria and as a result it is difficult to remedy lots of problems.  We just have to learn to shoot ourselves--commit suicide to make things berrrrrrrrrrer.  So in the final analysis--I don't think it is gonnnnnnnnnnnnno happen anytime soon. kiss  So get out while you can.
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 11, 2008
It's certainly what you put out, the world would use to judge you. You can't plant corn and expect to reap yam. You can't give less and expect more. Ready to scream racism when tribalism is biting us like paper being eaten by rats? lol just imagine the irony. sad
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 1:33pm On Feb 11, 2008
stillwater:

It's certainly what you put out, the world would use to judge you. You can't plant corn and expect to reap yam. You can't give less and expect more. Ready to scream racism when tribalism is biting us like paper being eaten by rats? lol just imagine the irony. sad

LMAO!!!! thank you !!!
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by eyebeekay(f): 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2008
Shyte!!! c our rep? cry , den again isnt nigeria a nation? lipsrsealed
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2008
WHO CARES??
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by Blatant: 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2008
bibiking1:

WHO CARES??

I do.

It's our fault because most of us support, actively or passively, the activities of scammers.
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by 4Play(m): 3:30pm On Feb 11, 2008
Hungary has threatened to jail a Nigerian, Oludayo Olapite for praising Adolph Hitler and Sz.lasi in a music he released recently in the country. Both men killed many people during the Second World War inGermany and Hungary respectively.

In the video, Olapite, popularly called Fekete, lavishly beams an expression of approval and recommendation for the German politician who remained a totalitarian ruler until his suicide in 1945. He also cast aspersions on Jews and the Hungarian minority known as Gypsy saying, Gypsies don't work, so what are they living on? They do incredible things, really in this country. They scam you, they lie, and you mustn't believe what they say.” Olapite when questioned by the Hungarian police attributed his outbursts to life under duress, the African news said.

grin grin grin grin

This was his excuse:

He claimed that he was ordered to shout every statement he made during the interview. "I was very frightened because I thought I might never see my girl friend again,"said Olapite whose funny bait often entraps his Hungarian fans. He continued: "They gave me a 10-page-script about Gypsy, Hitler, Jews, blacks and the socialists in which I hardly understood because I was frightened.”

"Although they tried to calm me down as they repeatedly told me they were not racists or skinheads. They convinced me that Hitler was a good man who wanted to do the best for the world. I felt I must do whatever they asked me to do otherwise I won't go out alive".

Everyone is denying him,,it seems his employees are just as bigoted:

The producer of the Bombagy·r channel, TomCat, claimed Fekete knew exactly what he was saying. "Of course we explained who Hitler and Sz·lasi were but for P·ko itwas unnecessary for him to probe further. O[b]h, he is not a stupid ni****. I mean Nigerian". [/b]The Bombagy·rTV is often the focus of the media because of its racial and hatred contents. However, Africans in Hungary especially Nigerians have dismissed Olapite's under duress excuse as implausible and annoying.

Archie Bonka, a Ghanaian cultural performer, said that it was silly on the part of Fekete to have publicly praised Hitler and condemned the Gypsy who often calls us their brothers? "Doesn'the know that many blacks in Germany were killed by this man? This Nigerian has already destroyed himself.

It's high time he carried his own cross," he added.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/feb/11/217.html
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by pcicero(m): 7:33pm On Feb 11, 2008
@ 4 play;

what exactly are u trying to pass across?
Re: Pres. Bush's Pardon Attorney Makes Racist Comment Towards Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 9:36pm On Feb 11, 2008
pcicero:

@ 4 play;

what exactly are u trying to pass across?

Just so you all stop making a mountain out of this situation!!!!!!!!!

Why do we like pretending? beats me!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Interim governor for Ekiti State: For Or Against / The Turai Coup D'etat: How Turai Yar’adua Seized Power / Bayelsa Deputy Governor Ebebi Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.