Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,243 members, 7,829,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. (1237 Views)

If Ameachi Is A Betrayer For Supporting Buhari Against Gej, Who Was Ojukwu? / Explain Why Gov Ameachi Is Not Clapping In This Picture(photo) / Why Is Jonathan Always Abroad When Ameachi Is Attacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by godonzoki(m): 2:45pm On Nov 26, 2012
I am watchin AIT rite nw and am so flabegasted and overwhelmed by what the account of stewardship of Gov. Rotimi Ameachi. Every body has the right to ask questions to the Gov directly and he is answerin them. Any one he can't, he calls the commisioner inchg of that sector to answer it. I c so mch transperency in Rivers state Govt. Let all govenors do same. Tune to ait and u will b gr8ful to amaechi.
Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by Demdem(m): 3:01pm On Nov 26, 2012
The head (presidency) isnt laying a good example and as such the governors arent bound to do such.
Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2012
so whats so special about what he is doing? wasting public funds airing a live programme about his achievements? how many times have Fashola,Rochas and other governors working did the same thing? what nigerians need is more of Action and less talk! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by Elueme: 3:39pm On Nov 26, 2012
berem: so whats so special about what he is doing? wasting public funds airing a live programme about his achievements? how many times have Fashola,Rochas and other governors working did the same thing? what nigerians need is more of Action and less talk! undecided undecided undecided
Because Fashola cannot do it. He will be exposed, because his cosmetic achievements are in the highbrow Lagos island. Outside the sanitisation of Oshodi Issalle, what landmark projects have you seen in Lagos mainland? Maybe I don't know. I can't judge Rochas, it's too early to praise him but he seem to have started well though very undemocratic in his approach. I quoted you because you were wrong by your assertion. He needs to blow his trumpet so that cockroaches don't infest it and there are many more Nigerians like you who will never appreciate these politicians all because our minds are predetermined. Amaechi has been having this town hall meetings and I think every progressive leadership should key into it. I watched today's meeting on AIT and it's obvious Amaechi means well for river state. He could do more but he is trying.
Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by Elueme: 3:42pm On Nov 26, 2012
Demdem: The head (presidency) isnt laying a good example and as such the governors arent bound to do such.
You can chose to be a good follower by your discretion. The fact that Nigerian government is corrupt doesn't mean that there are no upright Nigerians. Tell your fashola to up rightly separate himself by doing what Amaechi is doing.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by Demdem(m): 3:59pm On Nov 26, 2012
Elueme: You can chose to be a good follower by your discretion. The fact that Nigerian government is corrupt doesn't mean that there are no upright Nigerians. [s]Tell your fashola to up rightly separate himself by doing what Amaechi is doing.[/s]

Did what u wrote up here did contradict any of what i meant based on what i wrote
Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2012
Elueme: there are many more Nigerians like you who will never appreciate these politicians all because our minds are predetermined.
this is the kind of statement that pisses me off i tell you!did i mention that i never appreciate any politician that performs well? any Governor who performs well whether he is in PDP or ACN.deserves to be praised.must Amaechi go live on TV to tell us his achievements? there are many more to do in Rivers State apart from infrastructural development.
Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by otokx(m): 4:43pm On Nov 26, 2012
Answering questions is different from delivering good roads to the people of Rivers State, kindly come down and see the level of decay and decadence in Port Harcourt metropolis alone.
Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by PaulJohn1: 7:20pm On Nov 26, 2012
otokx: Answering questions is different from delivering good roads to the people of Rivers State, kindly come down and see the level of decay and decadence in Port Harcourt metropolis alone.

That's what matters. Oyinlola the former governor of Osun did the same in his time from 2003 every Saturday before he was evicted form office with nothing to show for it.
Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by Elueme: 7:31pm On Nov 26, 2012
otokx: Answering questions is different from delivering good roads to the people of Rivers State, kindly come down and see the level of decay and decadence in Port Harcourt metropolis alone.
Rivers state isn't that bad. I can say from the little I know about P H city and some Kalabari land I have visited. We should be fair in judgement because the rivers of Odili cannot be compared with the one of Amaechi because the later is far more people oriented. Some roads in Portharcourt cannot be expanded because of the massive demolition that might follow such e.g Woji road, because the structures are not illegal but rather due to poor town planning. The town planners didn't consider this rapid population growth. The governor did threw light on why the city is still looking dirty and itis obvious he has summoned the political will to do what is right if his explanation today is something to be taken seriously.
Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by Elueme: 7:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
Paul John:

That's what matters. Oyinlola the former governor of Osun did the same in his time from 2003 every Saturday before he was evicted form office with nothing to show for it.
Amaechi is not Oyinlola. It is on record if not on a CD rom that Amaechi is one of the performing governors. In terms of infrastructural development Akpabio comes first followed by Amaechi while the likes of Fashola are getting it right via very sensible and working policies. There is a distinctive difference between talking without evidence to show for it and talking with visible projects to show? Maybe you need visit Rivers State fir a first hand experience.
Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by Elueme: 7:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
Paul John:

Amaechi is not Oyinlola. It is on record if not on a CD rom that Amaechi is one of the performing governors. In terms of infrastructural development Akpabio comes first followed by Amaechi while the likes of Fashola are getting it right via very sensible and working policies. There is a distinctive difference between talking without evidence to show for it and talking with visible projects to show? Maybe you need visit Rivers State for a first hand experience.
Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by otokx(m): 7:56pm On Nov 26, 2012
@Elueme

Amaechi is no longer in the league of good governors who have developed their states. Those governors include AKPABIO, FASHOLA, OSHIOMOLE and 3 others.
Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by chosen04(f): 8:00pm On Nov 26, 2012
So answering question(s) now equates achievement? *******shakes head******

The main problem of this cursed country = Heroic Worshipping.
Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by geez1: 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2012
I've listened to and had meetings with a sizable number of governors (past and present) across Nigeria

None is as articulate and as abreast with the affairs in his state as BRF. Perhaps his being a lawyer helps but he clearly articulates himself just as good as any American governor or even president would

Besides he doing great as a governor
Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by chosen04(f): 12:07am On Nov 27, 2012
Can some peeps kindly stop ranting about the charade called BRF? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by phantom(m): 10:10am On Nov 27, 2012
grin grin grin grin...nigerians SMH.........if he doesnt hold these town hall meetings,na una go first talk say transparency no dey..... grin grin
amaechis younger brother is loafing around now in PH because he's been banking on his brother to share money among his siblings and the governor has dissapointed.
meanwhile in neighbouring BaYelsa state,the state gov younger brothe rides 4 jeeps and is moving around town with 'swagg'.
ask any person that knows PH politics very well and youll find out that amaechi is hated by his own people,the ikwerres and many top politicians from the riverine areas because he has refused to share money.
Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by phantom(m): 10:19am On Nov 27, 2012
if you had watched that town hall meeting on AIT y'day would see a governor exposing himself to his people.a man who is not perfect but trying to be accountable to his people.
Even some of his commissioners did'nt find it funny.One of them(commissioner of education i think)even asked him "sir why do you want to disgrace me here now?",when it was obvious she was trying to be economical with the truth. grin
Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by otokx(m): 3:39pm On Nov 27, 2012
chosen04: Can some peeps kindly stop ranting about the charade called BRF? Thank you.

noted
Re: Why Can't All Govenors Do Wat Ameachi Is Doing. by otokx(m): 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2012
phantom: if you had watched that town hall meeting on AIT y'day would see a governor exposing himself to his people.a man who is not perfect but trying to be accountable to his people.
Even some of his commissioners did'nt find it funny.One of them(commissioner of education i think)even asked him "sir why do you want to disgrace me here now?",when it was obvious she was trying to be economical with the truth. grin

agreed but let him do something about the roads

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Stops Yoruba Farmers From Paying Royalty To Benin Chief / Why Tenure Limit For Nigerian Governors? / Is The Political Sophistication Of The South-west A Fallacy ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.