Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,006 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes (7362 Views)

Popular Port Harcourt Pastor Acquires A Jet / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by mko2005: 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
plaetton:

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/21/british-prime-minister-flies-commercial-to-u-s-lesson-for-our-politicians/

As one British reporter put it, David Cameron was "slumming it in business class" on the flight from London to Washington.

How refreshing. Cameron didn't take his own private jet, he didn't even fly first class. Turns out Cameron is actually walking the walk when it comes to fiscal austerity. Britain, like much of Europe, is in the midst of making drastic cuts to many government programs in order to keep its economy afloat.

Under normal circumstances, Prime Ministers travel on their own planes. They either charter a Boeing 747 or 767 or use military jets. But Downing Street officials say that Cameron's commercial flight saved $300,000. In the grand scheme of things, the amount isn't that significant - but the gesture is huge.

As one British official tells the newspaper The Sun: "When we are asking the country to tighten their belts as much as we are it's very hard to justify hiring big jets to swan around the world. It may make his travel a little harder, but the Prime Minister believes it's up to him to set an example."

This is from the people that brought us civilisation.

In a very poor country where there are soooo much needs and sooooooooooo many needy, how can heads of churches be buying private jets?

How many hungry mouths can a typical cost of a private flight from Lagos to abuja feed?
What does it cost to maintain a private jet in a typical year, counting, insurance, pilots salaries, parking fees, landing fees, maintenance and services costs, fueling, etc?
How many anti-viral drugs could it buy? How many shelters, clinics, antenatal clinics,vocational training centers and hospices could that amount build for millions of needy christians who are hourly asking god for any sort of reprieve from sufferings?

All those trying to rationalize the insanely wicked lifestyles of these so-called MOG baboons, are yourselves nothing but monkeys.
I think the African man is the most heartless species of humans on this planet.

Anytime a non-black call you a monkey, just try to understand where he or she is coming from before you react.
The heavenly economy can't be likened to that of Britain,US or even this our very own Nigeria where we stay permanently for now ! There may be austerity measures all over the world but with the things of God,NO WAY ! No matter how you guys look at it,the 'men of God' aren't in ur own world if you are not 'born again' !They may be in this world,use ALL the heavenly things on earth that is bein made possible by God,but for sure can't be of this world ! We may all be surprise,though for those of us who are wise to believe in the ascending (rapture)into heaven by the holy and righteous people(saints)that these same 'men of God you' call all sought of names i.e 'MOG boboons,retarden,419,rogues may be among the first saints to be raptured while some of you will just mope ! But this isn't God's desire for us.Let's be wise and strengthen our relationship with God no matter our denomination. No one now fights for what belongs to him any more (Nigerian economy) but every one is currently throwing stones at 'God's ordained men of God' ! Remember how many stones and arrows has bin thrown at the roman catholic church,has there bin changes regarding their doctrines ? Even as the protestants accuse the roman catholic church of teachings that are not biblical but human doctrines yet no changes regarding droping of those teachings ! That's how it will be when u clamor for there to be a change regarding the 'prosperity message'that these 'men of God' can even lay claims to be scriptural.
I am not siding any one but i know for sure that if i don't accuse them,curse them,hate them or throw stone at them,i won't be judged on that account by God becos they may even be in right standing with God.But if i do all these negative things to them becos they fly jets and use big cars and teach people on how to give and receive as opined by God in HIS holy book and it happens that they are guilty or not,i will be judged on the last days regarding my comment !
Manage ur words and stay away from sin ! Build ur relationship with God and do not forget Jesus'word:''if any among u who have not sinned,let him be the first to cast a stone'' Remember also that Christ said we should first remove the PLANK in our eyes before taking off the speck in the eyes of others !
He who has ears let him hear and he who knows how to pound,let him pound on the motter !
God bless us
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by plaetton: 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2012
m.k.o2005:

The heavenly economy can't be likened to that of Britain,US or even this our very own Nigeria where we stay permanently for now ! There may be austerity measures all over the world but with the things of God,NO WAY ! No matter how you guys look at it,the 'men of God' aren't in ur own world if you are not 'born again' !They may be in this world,use ALL the heavenly things on earth that is bein made possible by God,but for sure can't be of this world ! We may all be surprise,though for those of us who are wise to believe in the ascending (rapture)into heaven by the holy and righteous people(saints)that these same 'men of God you' call all sought of names i.e 'MOG boboons,retarden,419,rogues may be among the first saints to be raptured while some of you will just mope ! But this isn't God's desire for us.Let's be wise and strengthen our relationship with God no matter our denomination. No one now fights for what belongs to him any more (Nigerian economy) but every one is currently throwing stones at 'God's ordained men of God' ! Remember how many stones and arrows has bin thrown at the roman catholic church,has there bin changes regarding their doctrines ? Even as the protestants accuse the roman catholic church of teachings that are not biblical but human doctrines yet no changes regarding droping of those teachings ! That's how it will be when u clamor for there to be a change regarding the 'prosperity message'that these 'men of God' can even lay claims to be scriptural.
I am not siding any one but i know for sure that if i don't accuse them,curse them,hate them or throw stone at them,i won't be judged on that account by God becos they may even be in right standing with God.But if i do all these negative things to them becos they fly jets and use big cars and teach people on how to give and receive as opined by God in HIS holy book and it happens that they are guilty or not,i will be judged on the last days regarding my comment !
Manage ur words and stay away from sin ! Build ur relationship with God and do not forget Jesus'word:''if any among u who have not sinned,let him be the first to cast a stone'' Remember also that Christ said we should first remove the PLANK in our eyes before taking off the speck in the eyes of others !
He who has ears let him hear and he who knows how to pound,let him pound on the motter !
God bless us

You forgot, or did you blank your mind to issues being addressed?
OMG.
The issue is: should needy people be ignored while these wicked fraudsters buy private jets with money taken from these same people?
That is the issue here and not the craps above. You christians seem to suffer from moral schizophrenia.

Heavenly economy my f..king ass. angry
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by blackmale1: 5:02pm On Nov 29, 2012
It never seizes to amaze me the way people have a hard on when it comes to pastors and tithes. For God sake,are all of you antagonists of tithes and offering more clever than the entire church congregation that religiously pay tithe and give money to church,the people giving are not complaining,nobody has died because they gave tithe,they probably see results of giving,but you are all here agonizing on their behalf,Its such a shame.

1 Like

Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by mko2005: 5:03pm On Nov 29, 2012
plaetton:

You forgot, or did you blank your mind to issues being addresses.
OMG.
The issue is: should needy people be ignored while these wicked fraudsters buy private jets with money taken from these same people?
That is the issue here and not the craps above. You christians seem to suffer from moral schizophrenia.
You called them needy and at the same time u say they are the ones who bought the private jet ! How do you reconcile that ? These men of God never asked me to bring my tithe and offering and also make vows compulsorily in the church.God asked me to do so ! This he said when HE asked me not to come into the house of God empty handed.HE said i should come with my tithes and offerings.HE also told me that i shouldn't make vows and not redeem or pay them. So if i study my bible and see these things or these 'men of God' show them to me,remind me of these words and i do the NEEDFUL,how are they now rogues,thieves and 419 and all other hate names you guys call them ?
Look inward,amend ur relationship with God and stop cursing and abusing people. If you are among those who use to give in the house of God and hav stopped becos of the private jets,it is only honorable and Godly that u do so without insulting people.
Jesus stil loves u my friend
God bless us
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by blackmale1: 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
plaetton:

You forgot, or did you blank your mind to issues being addressed?
OMG.

Heavenly economy my f..king ass. angry
make i hear word!! how many needy people have helped all your life for you to be complaing about pastors not helping other people. Sell your car or your house and give all the proceeds to the poor first,then come back here and accuse others of not doing enough.
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by plaetton: 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
m.k.o2005:

You called them needy and at the same time u say they are the ones who bought the private jet ! How do you reconcile that ? These men of God never asked me to bring my tithe and offering and also make vows compulsorily in the church.God asked me to do so ! This he said when HE asked me not to come into the house of God empty handed.HE said i should come with my tithes and offerings.HE also told me that i shouldn't make vows and not redeem or pay them. So if i study my bible and see these things or these 'men of God' show them to me,remind me of these words and i do the NEEDFUL,how are they now rogues,thieves and 419 and all other hate names you guys call them ?
Look inward,amend ur relationship with God and stop cursing and abusing people. If you are among those who use to give in the house of God and hav stopped becos of the private jets,it is only honorable and Godly that u do so without insulting people.
Jesus stil loves u my friend
God bless us

You are one those wicked monkeys. You still have not addressed the main issue of caring for the needy. I don give a rat's a.s.s who gives and what they give. It is what is done with the money collected on behalf of god that is everyone's business. Such money should be used to look after god's children.
You f.xxing heartless m.o.r.o.n

1 Like

Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by chrisj2000(m): 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2012
but these congregants will not give you a dime of their money if you succeed in convincing them not to pay tithe. i think this is a losing battle. lol
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by plaetton: 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2012
black male:
make i hear word!! how many needy people have helped all your life for you to be complaing about pastors not helping other people. Sell your car or your house and give all the proceeds to the poor first,then come back here and accuse others of not doing enough.

M.o.r.o.n.
How would you know. Besides i do not collect moeny nor do I pick people's pocket in the name of god.
You collect money from people in the name of god, what should you do with such, if not giving it right back to the people, especially those that need it most.
That is the issue here you fxx..king baboons cleverly ignore.
There is a special place in hell for you wicked baboons.
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by mko2005: 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2012
plaetton:

You are one those wicked monkeys. You still have not addressed the main issue of caring for the needy. I don give a rat's a.s.s who gives and what they give. It is what is done with the money collected on behalf of god that is everyone's business. Such money should be used to look after god's children.
You f.xxing heartless m.o.r.o.n
Not the business of every one but ur own business ! You called the money given in the house of God,God's money and at the same time you want to know what God does with HIS money ! I saw on a thread the other time that Pastor T.B Joshua gave millions to some students see them through their studies in Oxford university and some of you say it is evil money ! Are you sure if Adeboye,Oritsejafor,Oyedepo and some other men of God start to do and PUBLICIZE that you will not say it is evil ? That is what we are saying.Dnt fight the men of God becos they are not bein charitable enough.After all is what you see or what they tell you,.you know. These men of God did not tell u they are running are charity organisation.No doubt,Christ admonish us to give a helping hand to the less privileges and i believe the church of God does that but u dnt expect them to go on air when ever this is done. Fight the government of this NATION who owe us the duty to provide jobs so we can take care of our needs. Leave men of God alone.
You just called me a heartless slowpoke ! But i tell u my brother,i am not disturbed becos i know for sure that i am not what you say i am but i am 100percent of what God say i am ! Who can curse who God has not cursed ! - NO ONE friend.
Jesus loves u !
God bless us
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by walexy14(m): 5:26pm On Nov 29, 2012
As long as it written I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the bible that we shd pay our tithes, I will continue paying 10pect ☺f̶̲̥̅̊ wht Baba God has bless ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ with. So wht the church or the pastor do wit the money is not M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ business. So if una want by jet una fit go open una own church n stop posting sheet pls. Mtcheeeeee
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by plaetton: 5:31pm On Nov 29, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Not the business of every one but ur own business ! You called the money given in the house of God,God's money and at the same time you want to know what God does with HIS money ! I saw on a thread the other time that Pastor T.B Joshua gave millions to some students see them through their studies in Oxford university and some of you say it is evil money ! Are you sure if Adeboye,Oritsejafor,Oyedepo and some other men of God start to do and PUBLICIZE that you will not say it is evil ? That is what we are saying.Dnt fight the men of God becos they are not bein charitable enough.After all is what you see or what they tell you,.you know. These men of God did not tell u they are running are charity organisation.No doubt,Christ admonish us to give a helping hand to the less privileges and i believe the church of God does that but u dnt expect them to go on air when ever this is done. Fight the government of this NATION who owe us the duty to provide jobs so we can take care of our needs. Leave men of God alone.
You just called me a heartless slowpoke ! But i tell u my brother,i am not disturbed becos i know for sure that i am not what you say i am but i am 100percent of what God say i am ! Who can curse who God has not cursed ! - NO ONE friend.
Jesus loves u !
God bless us

You i.diot . a church is not a private property. It is a community property. It is a charity and should be run as such.
If these mog baboons are not running charity organisations, then what the fxx are they running and why are they soliciting money from the public?

1 Like

Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by plaetton: 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2012
How much money does god need to run the universe?

3 Likes

Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by Image123(m): 5:41pm On Nov 29, 2012
musKeeto:
Keep trying to save face. I'm done with you.
you remain the sinner and liar that i know. Done with me? i hope so, because you keep pestering me like it's your destiny.
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by wiegraf: 8:24pm On Nov 29, 2012
chrisj2000: but these congregants will not give you a dime of their money if you succeed in convincing them not to pay tithe. i think this is a losing battle. lol

Heh heh...black man...and we sometimes wonder what the problem is. Is it greedy to want to enter heaven at any cost, like say heavily damaging this world? Black man doesn't thinks so. Again, really, why does god need your money? Lol.

All this "let god judge how they use the money" is really, really worrisome as well. All I need do is for instance say he asked me to buy the jet in a dream, prove me wrong..meh

2 Likes

Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by miqos02(m): 3:56am On Nov 30, 2012
chukwudi44:

I don't agree this churches constitute up to 75 percent of the pentecostal crowd.If you go to akwa ibom you will see that The apostolic church is very strong not to forget assemblies of God,christ embassy e.t.c
with these statistics akwa ibom still battles with child witchcrafts
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by salt1: 7:12am On Nov 30, 2012

But my view is simply Christians should champion the cause of openness and transparency and compel their churches to put everything out in the open.

A lot of the people on this forum are Christians, many are workers in church and many are pastors etc with a nairaland alter ego.

So lets get the real information. [/quote]

This is the real info abt Apostolic Faith Church
1. There is no collection plate passed in any of the 600+ branches in Nig nor any branch in the world
2. There is tithe/offering box located at entrances to churches where people can go secretly and at their convenience to drop their support
3. The church has very few fulltime pastors and pastors don't have access to offering boxes but treasurers have
4. The money is shared according to percentages depending on need: running the church(fueling gensets and gospel buses, paying the drivers, charity) etc
5.On 31 Dec night, the leader gives a financial report to all members. External auditors also go through the church accounts
6. The church organises periodic charity days where new and used-but-still-good items donated by members are put on display and anybody can pick
7.The Nig church has leadership role for 22 African countries and some of those countries are dirt poor so food,clothes and money contributed by members are sent to these countries. Missionaries are sent to them and they also send their folks to Nig to learn Music and mission work
8. The church visits hospitals, prisons, blind centres and schools every week. Church vehicles are used for these visits.
9. AFC runs several secondary schools and has Crawford University. 80% of staff are church members and many members children are on full or partial scholarship in these fledgling schools.

Can our District Superintendent buy a jet from our tithes?
Absolutely No. We need money to buy cane guides and Braille boards for the blind people we visit. We want to give it to them as Xmas gift. How do I know this? I am in that team that visits them!
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by SOLANKEADEOLU: 10:19am On Nov 30, 2012
binger: It all depends on two things-population and financial status of the congregation.once,you have huge congregation paying an average of 100grand per person each month...bingo! In 2 years,u will be cruising a Bombardier
na so jare i beg me self i want to get my own church e be like say na him be sure lotto know
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by Image123(m): 11:30am On Nov 30, 2012
salt 1:

But my view is simply Christians should champion the cause of openness and transparency and compel their churches to put everything out in the open.

A lot of the people on this forum are Christians, many are workers in church and many are pastors etc with a nairaland alter ego.

So lets get the real information.

1. There is no collection plate passed in any of the 600+ branches in Nig nor any branch in the world
2. There is tithe/offering box located at entrances to churches where people can go secretly and at their convenience to drop their support
3. The church has very few fulltime pastors and pastors don't have access to offering boxes but treasurers have
4. The money is shared according to percentages depending on need: running the church(fueling gensets and gospel buses, paying the drivers, charity) etc
5.On 31 Dec night, the leader gives a financial report to all members. External auditors also go through the church accounts
6. The church organises periodic charity days where new and used-but-still-good items donated by members are put on display and anybody can pick
7.The Nig church has leadership role for 22 African countries and some of those countries are dirt poor so food,clothes and money contributed by members are sent to these countries. Missionaries are sent to them and they also send their folks to Nig to learn Music and mission work
8. The church visits hospitals, prisons, blind centres and schools every week. Church vehicles are used for these visits.
9. AFC runs several secondary schools and has Crawford University. 80% of staff are church members and many members children are on full or partial scholarship in these fledgling schools.

Absolutely No. We need money to buy cane guides and Braille boards for the blind people we visit. We want to give it to them as Xmas gift. How do I know this? I am in that team that visits them!
thank you. Though i seriously doubt AFC needs or appreciates this advertisement.
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by mko2005: 12:02pm On Nov 30, 2012
plaetton:

You i.diot . a church is not a private property. It is a community property. It is a charity and should be run as such.
If these mog baboons are not running charity organisations, then what the fxx are they running and why are they soliciting money from the public?

You dnt need a community,state,or country to come together for there to be a church. When ever there are two or three believing christians come together,God is there and that is a church ! One man can start it two,three or any christain or group or community so long as there is an agrrement and God is there then it becomes the church of God. May be you want the man like Oyedepo to start a church and give it to Fashola to run enh !
They are running the church of God ! And they never went to the public to solicit for fund but even if they they do,u have the 100 percent right to either give them or you dnt.
Again you are calling me an idiot ! Wait let me ask u,are u a CHRISTIAN ? I pray God will help you and help me also.
God bless us
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by wiegraf: 12:02pm On Nov 30, 2012
salt 1:

If all this is true then at the very least y'all hearts in the right place. Bravo and $deityspeed
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2012
salt 1:

Great to hear. Of course, a certain hypocritical m0r0n is still not satisfied. He would have preferred you not post this, so that he can continue following my a55 around nairaland.. undecided
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by PastorKun(m): 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2012
Stupidity is when you don’t have a bicycle and you give your last kob to your pastor to buy a jet.......

Mumu is when you can’t pay your children’s school fees and yet have money to contribute to your church to build expensive school which your children will never attend...

Ignorance is when you believe it when
your pastor tells you not to live a worldly life, and yet he enjoys all the best things in the world, the fine houses, cars, jets, babes etc, while you are waiting till you get to heaven to enjoy your own....

Maga is when you refuse to take your very sick child to the hospital because your pastor said you should not do so but have faith, yet that same pastor runs to USA for medical attention any time he has an headache...

You are a zombie when you trek, dance and gallivant for 30 kilometers under the hot sun sweating and smelling like shit during your revival program, while your pastor is inside a full option, factory fitted air-conditioned­­ state of the art SUV with his delectable wife slowing driving along the road.

4 Likes

Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 30, 2012
Pastor Kun: Stupidity is when you don’t have a bicycle and you give your last kob to your pastor to buy a jet.......

Mumu is when you can’t pay your children’s school fees and yet have money to contribute to your church to build expensive school which your children will never attend...

Ignorance is when you believe it when
your pastor tells you not to live a worldly life, and yet he enjoys all the best things in the world, the fine houses, cars, jets, babes etc, while you are waiting till you get to heaven to enjoy your own....

Maga is when you refuse to take your very sick child to the hospital because your pastor said you should not do so but have faith, yet that same pastor runs to USA for medical attention any time he has an headache...

You are a zombie when you trek, dance and gallivant for 30 kilometers under the hot sun sweating and smelling like shit during your revival program, while your pastor is inside a full option, factory fitted air-conditioned­­ state of the art SUV with his delectable wife slowing driving along the road.

Those greedy lot will never learn !
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by mko2005: 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2012
wiegraf: I wonder..

I think not, there's just not enough money in there. Anyone with hard numbers?

Bear in mind, I think it doesn't really matter if tithes alone are not enough to buy a jet. Most of their income would come from the considerable good will they garner from their flock as mog. Raw cash is not the only commodity available to fleece. They also seem to give rather little back, other than a placebo or two.

EDIT: if you have hard numbers, what if they were posted here (you would open a new account with a random email account and watch what you type if you wish to remain anonymous). Or if you're feeling james bondish, one could try wikileaks
http://wikileaks.org/wiki/WikiLeaks:Submissions
Consider using tor as well in either situation
https://www.torproject.org/download/download
With tor, retrieving your ip would be more or else impossible for anyone trying to
How to verify any documents presented is another story though. Still, there's a remote chance it might lead to something

I'm not asking you to do anything oh! I'm just saying what if
Operators of this site,pls hiding posts that supports the bible and God's work will not do u any good.Allow us to evangelize becos u can't fight God! Stop hiding my posts pls
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by wiegraf: 9:08pm On Nov 30, 2012
@okey come back here, after reading a few posts elsewhere I have to say, I am quite disappoint, at least about the taxing. I cannot see in which way not taxing them is justifiable in a secular society, so long as the money isn't used for charity

It seems to me most give selfish reasons for giving to a church (like the 'reapers' in this thread www.nairaland.com/1117870/240-100-blessings-matthew-ashimolowo, even if not specifically for tithing); rewards of a material sort, maybe even immediate. Of course pointing out how silly that is is futile. Lots of reapers in 9ja on less than 2$ a day for instance, while bill gates and the vast majority of china's one million millionaires didn't sow/reap to goms. Rather than leaving things to god I believe they actually put some work in. And in the case of gates and probably others they are doing what they can to make sure other people can succeed in this life, an existence which is objectively verifiable by us all I would think.

There's also the whole giving your ca$h to unctuous god of men (again, at the expense of bettering conditions in this world) because you want to get to heaven, not because it's the good thing to do. It seems goms need to explicitly tell their flock to give to a proper charity, as it doesn't occur to sheeple that that would probably be a more decent thing to do. Rather than donating to their goms personal bombardier funds of course, ie, if indeed their aim is to help other people.

Either ways, both reasons are business based. Boils down to personal gain. Ironically, a lot of these people would be first in line to criticize those who cut off heads for jazz money. It's the same thing simply being done by members of another 'church', except of course that they are explicitly violent. The same sort of thinking leads the blood money seekers to thinking human sacrifice somehow reaps rewards.

Their prerogative, so long as no one is being harmed. But if it's not non-profit why isn't it taxed or regulated? To the rest of the world god is a figment of their imagination, even to other denominations of xtianity who think this practice is not 'xtian', they'll tell you it's the 'devils work' or something similar. Heck, maybe to even members of their own churches who suspect something is amiss. And even if your god existed, why should we care? We don't subscribe to it. If he really existed and despite his omnipotency still needed the money in some gom's account surely he could come down and tell us in non 'mysterious' ways, no? It sounds a bit like how god was unable to repel men because they were in iron chariots (among many other absurdities his omnipotence couldn't handle). If he can't prove its for charity, then we'd tax him/it as well, governments are not run on faith or spiritual money.

Either ways, all we see is money shifting hands, not for charitable reasons, so why shouldn't it be taxed? 'Spiritual' or no, some nice, chunky service tax should be imposed.

1 Like

Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by salt1: 6:08am On Dec 01, 2012
Image123:
thank you. Though i seriously doubt AFC needs or appreciates this advertisement.

You're right. I wasn't doing it on behalf of AFC but forumites who hastily classify and label ALL churches and their pastors. Knowledge, they say, is power.
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by salt1: 6:12am On Dec 01, 2012
wiegraf:

If all this is true then at the very least y'all hearts in the right place. Bravo and $deityspeed

Thanks. I really have no reason not to tell the truth. The info here is common knowledge and verifiable. Bless you!
Re: Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes by wiegraf: 6:41am On Dec 01, 2012
salt 1:

Thanks. I really have no reason not to tell the truth. The info here is common knowledge and verifiable. Bless you!

Don't take it personally oga, you know how it is in these here parts. My thanks to you and your church for you hard work!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Take Heed Of False Prophecies! / Praying Back To Sender Prayer? / Photo: Image Of An Angel Appears In The Clouds In Pretoria,south Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.