Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,596 members, 7,847,511 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:24 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (842931 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 11:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
TroyJay1: k, i'll accept that answer lol. i'll admit that a european final is weird, but still, Holland is who I want to win the tourney lol
And so I beat you tongue ;Argentina wins grin...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 11:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
TroyJay1:

congrats. up germany lol
lol...yes Germany is winning......we have watch the match
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 11:56pm On Jul 09, 2014
TroyJay1:

you'll support the machine?
not really, but the machines will win . I support brazil
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 11:59pm On Jul 09, 2014
TroyJay1:

*hands over handkerchief* grin
lol...It was painful cry...I have recovered...
I see them winning the third place...but havent seen clearly yet

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 10, 2014
TroyJay1:

*hands over handkerchief* grin
please what happened to Nkem*88 account? Cant quote, mention or even like Ogugua*'s account. Is there tyrancy on NL?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 8:03am On Jul 10, 2014
Hi guys. Are we still up for new topics or have we grown bored already?

How about we mess around a bit with aManFromMars's concerns with Romans 13, especially vv 1-7? How should we relate to secular authorities?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ishilove: 9:37am On Jul 10, 2014
TroyJay:

she was removed from nairaland database and locked out of her account by the owner because she said it's wrong to tamper with the personal info of nairaland member's
This is extreme angry
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 10, 2014
TroyJay:

she was removed from nairaland database and locked out of her account by the owner because she said it's wrong to tamper with the personal info of nairaland member's

I smell fish, rotten one at that. Is nairaland a spy site? The attack, why haven't the "big boss" updated us as to who and what prompted it. Could have tracked with the IP.
Okay agreed that some did not like Sex*killz coz of some lengthy bans but that was not fair and there was something he(KILLZ) said about being asked to do something and refused and that he would be vindicated. Was Nairaland truly "attacked" ? And if it was, the primary purpose I'm sure was to delete some particular data. What data was that? I am currently on some free time so, Nairaland Intensive Investigation is on. There is a lot going on in the background.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by lionelrobben: 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
i taya

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
Be like say I don miss road. Is this the Nairaland General complaints thread?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 10:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
An0nimus: Be like say I don miss road. Is this the Nairaland General complaints thread?
Abi now. Same questions came to my mind too o
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by everest: 1:24am On Jul 11, 2014
lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 7:37am On Jul 11, 2014
I lied. I am not logicboy
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 11, 2014
TheBigUrban2: I lied. I am not logicboy

You are not cheers01, halaMACburger, Mcdaddy I presume? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 8:13am On Jul 11, 2014
An0nimus: Be like say I don miss road. Is this the Nairaland General complaints thread?
lol ....oya attend to the question below

ihedinobi2:
How about we mess around a bit with aManFromMars's concerns with Romans 13, especially vv 1-7? How should we relate to secular authorities?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 8:14am On Jul 11, 2014
Good for you
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 11, 2014
If My Darling country wins the WC on Sunday, i will declare lunch on Monday for everyone on this thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 9:14am On Jul 11, 2014
Tex. Hi. Are we still doing this?

Thanks, dagr8, for the push.

Yetseyi.

Mintayo

An0nimus

Guys, are we done? UjSizzle, by your response to aManFromMars, I felt certain that you would be interested in this topic. Is there something you all want to change about this exercise to keep it going? I don't think the silence is because we don't appreciate the point of it. Please share any grievance, concern or suggestion and let us get to making this into a culture of the Chatbox.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 10:14am On Jul 11, 2014
Short attention disorder. I told you before the hurricane hit NL that the people here--from my observations--don't work well with timetables. We're more the drop-a-bomb kinda people and let's see how far the explosion will go. Timetables......boredom.

Besides, if you do want to keep this flowing then you have to constantly add more fuel to the fire for some time--which isn't happening--so when you decide to sit back, no one will notice you haven't been there for a while now.
What I'm trying to say is, stop disappearing from this thread only to pop up to add a conclusion, or start off a new topic. It's your brainchild, who in the world did you think was going to shoulder it at this early stage?

About the other topic, I said I understood why he felt the way he did seeing as the authorities are today, and not that I had any solution.
Let me suggest you introduced a Bible passage we can work with since that's the authority here, and everyone can say what they understood from it and how to work around it while maintaining our earthly sanity.

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 10:19am On Jul 11, 2014
UjSizzle: Short attention disorder. I told you before the hurricane hit NL that the people here--from my observations--don't work well with timetables. We're more the drop-a-bomb kinda people and let's see how far the explosion will go. Timetables......boredom.

Besides, if you do want to keep this flowing then you have to constantly add more fuel to the fire for some time--which isn't happening--so when you decide to sit back, no one will notice you haven't been there for a while now.
What I'm trying to say is, stop disappearing from this thread only to pop up to add a conclusion, or start off a new topic. It's your brainchild, who in the world did you think was going to shoulder it at this early stage?

About the other topic, I said I understood why he felt the way he did seeing as the authorities are today, and not that I had any solution.
Let me suggest you introduced a Bible passage we can work with since that's the authority here, and everyone can say what they understood from it and how to work around it while maintaining our earthly sanity.

#Ihedinobi owned
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 10:27am On Jul 11, 2014

I'll bite. Pray, tell. Who might you be?

ihedinobi2: Tex. Hi. Are we still doing this?

Yetseyi.

Mintayo

An0nimus

Guys, are we done? UjSizzle, by your response to aManFromMars, I felt certain that you would be interested in this topic. Is there something you all want to change about this exercise to keep it going? I don't think the silence is because we don't appreciate the point of it. Please share any grievance, concern or suggestion and let us get to making this into a culture of the Chatbox.

Sorry. Preoccupied. I may be in and out for a while.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 10:28am On Jul 11, 2014
Let every person pbe subject to the governing authorities. For qthere is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you rwill receive his approval,4 for she is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, tan avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.5 Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also ufor the sake of conscience.6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing.7 vPay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 11, 2014
*I am lost* undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 10:38am On Jul 11, 2014
ihedinobi2: Tex. Hi. Are we still doing this?

Yetseyi.

Mintayo

An0nimus

i am still here.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:42am On Jul 11, 2014
Thanks, @Uj.

The timetable approach does make boredom an issue. I did not start this without appreciating that. Still, leaving it without a structure is only going to defeat the purpose. We do manage to do most things in life on the clock for all the boredom we must face to do them. This particular exercise is kind of like a drilling exercise to accustom us to the religio-philosophical and religio-psychological challenges we face everyday. It needs to become normal to us to adapt real issues to the Bible and learn to live in the world as Christians who aren't ashamed of our heritage and pilgrimage. So the learning has to be deliberate and organized. We are re-arranging our neural pathways and hardening them thus, in a manner of speaking.

I apologize to everyone that I wasn't so "here" for a while. I used to participate very closely. I withdrew for two reasons when I did: I had a major challenge that kept me away and when I returned, I thought that it might be awkward for some of us that I should both debate and draw conclusions. I have worked this latter part out now and we can proceed.

@Uj, your suggestion is noted. The main reason why I decided that we should just run straight without necessarily bringing in the Bible until the end is that the Bible is the decider. The plan is to let all other opinions out, those advised by our experiences or by our associations or by our sympathies and then bring the Bible to judge them all.

The second reason that the Bible comes in at the end is to substantially reduce, and even eliminate, commentary wars. We are not essentially discussing our views and individual interpretations of the Bible on topical issues. Rather we are discussing topical issues as we have perceived them and bringing our conceptions of them to line up with the Bible.

This, of course, has not constituted an embargo on the inclusion of Scripture arguments for any given discussant's perception or persuasion concerning any issue. It only means that all "official" involvements of the Bible come in as a final statement, a judgment for all opinions that may be accepted or rejected but not discussed further.

So, while I do appreciate very much your suggestion and I thank you heartily for sharing it, we will carry on as we have, at least, for now. We have managed to have fruitful discussions so far as we have too.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:46am On Jul 11, 2014
texanomaly:

I'll bite. Pray, tell. Who might you be?

Sorry. Preoccupied. I may be in and out for a while.

I see. Do drop in as often as you can. We really need you to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (788) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.