Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,237 members, 7,867,632 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:11 PM

intimate Abuse By Family Members - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / intimate Abuse By Family Members (539 Views)

Guy Brought His Oyinbo Wife Back Home & His Family Members Were Astonished -pics / OMG! Small Children Rocking Themselves In Intimate Dance At A Party :o / Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

intimate Abuse By Family Members by Naijajury: 4:46pm On Nov 26, 2012
Sexual abuse is very common in Nigeria.
Uncles, drivers, house helps, look no further, it started with the people close to your children.
The psychology of a child's mind is to trust those around them. The people we leave our kids with, how well do we know them?
Kids that are scared of their parents can't tell them what is happening to them.
I have a friend that was abused by her own father. She couldn't tell her mother because she knew her mum would never leave him and fend for her 4 younger siblings alone.
So she suffered for 6 years until she ran away to Lagos.
What would you do as the mother of an abused child by her own father?
Is it easier for you as the abused child to tell your mother and destroy her sanity or keep it to yourself?
Sometimes these decisions are not for kids to make, it is for us parents to watch and protect them.
Re: intimate Abuse By Family Members by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 26, 2012
Hmmmm! So true.
Re: intimate Abuse By Family Members by baby124: 5:01pm On Nov 26, 2012
Naijajury:
I have a friend that was abused by her own father. She couldn't tell her mother because she knew her mum would never leave him and fend for her 4 younger siblings alone.
Is it easier for you as the abused child to tell your mother and destroy her sanity or keep it to yourself?
Sometimes these decisions are not for kids to make, it is for us parents to watch and protect them.

hmmm! o ma ga o. Personally i know i would fatally wound anyone that abuses my kids. It can be their father, i dont f*cking care! I will rather sleep under the bridge and protect their innocence than let such happen. When God is still God, i will make it with his help.
Re: intimate Abuse By Family Members by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 26, 2012
Naijajury: Sexual abuse is very common in Nigeria.
Uncles, drivers, house helps, look no further, it started with the people close to your children.
The psychology of a child's mind is to trust those around them. The people we leave our kids, with how well do we know them?
Kids that are scared of their parents can't tell them what is happening to them.

It is best for her to tell her mother because the man is probably molesting her younger ones one by one as we speak. If she can save the rest of them years of torment then it is worth it.

Any mother that will not protect her child against sexual molestation by anyone is not fit to be called a mother. That being said, your OP is just assuming that her mom wouldn't do anything. She doesn't know for sure until she tells her.

I know of a young man whose biological father is his maternal grandfather. Yup, his mother was impregnated by her own dad and they had him.

Disgusting, amoral, subhuman, sociopaths!

(1) (Reply)

Pls Pls I Need Ideas On How To Put A Creche Together / Please Help Me / Which Would You Save?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.