Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? (1951 Views)

The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) / Why Are Catholic Nuns not usually beautiful? / Are Catholic Xtians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 26, 2012
I was thinking with my wife the other day , we observed that some of the most violent cities and countries on earth are actually catholic, which comes as a small surprise.

Let us do the statistics and please let me know your thoughts.

Mind you , these places are where we keep hearing about sightings of Mary.

Brazil - 64% catholic

3. Maceió, Brazil

Homicides: 1,564
Inhabitants: 1,156,278
Murder rate: 135.26

Mexico - 84% catholic

2. Juárez, Mexico

scazon via flickr Creative Commons
Homicides: 1,974
Inhabitants: 1,335,890
Murder rate: 147.77

4. Acapulco, Mexico

Homicides: 1,029
Inhabitants: 804,412
Murder rate: 127.92

7. Torreón (metropolitan area), Mexico

Homicides: 990
Inhabitants: 1,128,152
Murder rate: 87.75

8. Chihuahua, Mexico

Wikimedia Commons
Homicides: 690
Inhabitants: 831,693
Murder rate: 82.96

9. Durango, Mexico

Ivan Rumata via flickr Creative Commons
Homicides: 474
Inhabitants: 593,389
Murder rate: 79.88

13. Culiacán, Mexico

Homicides: 649
Inhabitants: 871,620
Murder rate: 74.46

15. Mazatlán, Mexico

Homicides: 307
Inhabitants: 445,343
Murder rate: 68.94

Colombia - 90% catholic

11. Cali, Colombia

Homicides: 1,720
Inhabitants: 2,207,994
Murder rate: 77.90

Honduras - 47% catholic

Homicides: 1,143
Inhabitants: 719,447
Murder rate: 158.87

5. Distrito Central, Honduras

Homicides: 1,123
Inhabitants: 1,126,534
Murder rate: 99.69

Venezuela - 92% catholic

Homicides: 3,164
Inhabitants: 3,205,463
Murder rate: 98.71

Guatemala - 60% catholic

12. Guatemala, Guatemala

Homicides: 2,248
Inhabitants: 3,014,060
Murder rate: 74.58

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-dangerous-cities-in-the-world-2012-10?op=1

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 26, 2012
Mafia moves grin smh!!!
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 26, 2012
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 26, 2012
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by chakula: 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2012
I do not surprise at all reading from this excerpt written by frosbel, I will gladly happy to inform you that Christianity is not at all a saint religion, murderers, kidnappers as well as different atrocities were found their place in it.

It will be very good to know and understand not only Islam has these characteristics of dilemma but your religion also have, so you should stop jumping into others belief and condemn them because of some few people deeds.
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 26, 2012
chakula: I do not surprise at all reading from this excerpt written by frosbel, I will gladly happy to inform you that Christianity is not at all a saint religion, murderers, kidnappers as well as different atrocities were found their place in it.

It will be very good to know and understand not only Islam has these characteristics of dilemma but your religion also have, so you should stop jumping into others belief and condemn them because of some few people deeds.

This is about Roman Catholicism , not Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by ijawkid(m): 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2012
Hmmmm......

Frosbel abeg o.......
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by saintvc(m): 7:16pm On Nov 26, 2012
80 percent of any christian nation are predominantely catholics
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:34pm On Nov 26, 2012
frosbel:

hahaha, Roman Catholicism abi? Hahaha, and how does this mean that d cc teaches it adherent to kill pipo?
Frosbel, hatred blackens d heart d effect can b seen, weldone!
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2012
Ubenedictus: hahaha, Roman Catholicism abi? Hahaha, and how does this mean that d cc teaches it adherent to kill pipo?
Frosbel, hatred blackens d heart d effect can b seen, weldone!

It was just an observation, go to the source to check the story.
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:53pm On Nov 26, 2012
frosbel:

It was just an observation, go to the source to check the story.
hahaha, how come u are alway after anything catholic? Just an observation? Really Hahahaha
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 26, 2012
Ubenedictus: hahaha, how come u are alway after anything catholic? Just an observation? Really Hahahaha

But all those cities that made it to the first 15 list are all in predominantly catholic countries, no ?

I wonder why , that's all.
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 26, 2012
serioisly you and your wife have much time going on a research for the rubbish up there? wow... the last time i checked dangote was recruiting for graduate drivers i think you should apply... it will do you good to get a job that will sustain your family.
leave the catholics alone oga frosbel... its not funny anymore
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 26, 2012
nne3870: serioisly you and your wife have much time going on a research for the rubbish up there? wow... the last time i checked dangote was recruiting for graduate drivers i think you should apply... it will do you good to get a job that will sustain your family.
leave the catholics alone oga frosbel... its not funny anymore
I am gainfully employed , thank you.

By the way, this is just an observation.

2 Likes

Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 26, 2012
frosbel:

I am gainfully employed , thank you.

By the way, this is just an observation.
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 26, 2012
i doubt if you approve employment of graduates and professionals as you claim sir frosbel.... you have so much hate inside of you especially for catholics and i wont ask why. if abroad aint yielding like b4, come home, start a church, i bet you proceeds from there can ease your pain and frustration. stop observing useless things, focus more on things that would benefit your soul
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2012
nne3870: i doubt if you approve employment of graduates and professionals as you claim sir frosbel.... you have so much hate inside of you especially for catholics and i wont ask why. if abroad aint yielding like b4, come home, start a church, i bet you proceeds from there can ease your pain and frustration. stop observing useless things, focus more on things that would benefit your soul

Fortunately , having been in the Roman catholic church for a long period and observed their pagan practices, abominations and hypocrisies , I cannot keep silent when there are countless souls held in the Roman catholic church's demonic grip and who need release and freedom through the salvation that is in Jesus.

Therefore , it is my objective and vision to expose the anti-Christ system called the RCC and her apostate pope or should we say Man of SIN.

It is not a church but a pagan institution led by a false apostate prophet.

If the catholic church is truly the one and only , if it is the way to truth and peace and happiness, if it is holy and in favour with GOD , then we must begin to wonder why there is so much misery , poverty and violence in catholic countries

2 Likes

Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by ocheezie: 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2012
U mentioned Igbo,were they saints b4 catholicism came? Did u check d crime rates in those other areas b4 the catholic faith got to them,and compare with after? Rome is predominantly catholic,what do u have to say of their crime rate?does catholic church preach crime?even if Christ came down to preach Himself,and d people are economically unsatisfied,u think any changes will occur? Why practice pull-him-down christianity against a faith that will only wish u well? U think u are helping the body of Christ by castigating other chirstians/faith rather than preach love and living like Christ? Channel whatever energy u have to missionary work or something positive rather than sitting on ur butt,with ur wife typing thrash all the time.cheers
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 26, 2012
frosbel:

Fortunately , having been in the Roman catholic church for a long period and observed their pagan practices, abominations and hypocrisies , I cannot keep silent when there are countless souls held in the Roman catholic church's demonic grip and who need release and freedom through the salvation that is in Jesus.

Therefore , it is my objective and vision to expose the anti-Christ system called the RCC and her apostate pope or should we say Man of SIN.

It is not a church but a pagan institution led by a false apostate prophet.

If the catholic church is truly the one and only , if it is the way to truth and peace and happiness, if it is holy and in favour with GOD , then we must begin to wonder why there is so much misery , poverty and violence in catholic countries
you are such a psycopath oga frosbel,typical of protestant and a hypocrite! virtually all your thread has similar tone of bitterness, hatred, and frustration but i would advice you to grow up and stop spinning lies to discredit the catholic church, it would do you no good atall. i advice again, come home dangote would soon stop recruiting for drivers, be fast and dnt miss an oppoturnity that would change your entire family's life or better still start a church of frosbel intl for gullible christians.....
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 26, 2012
ocheezie: U mentioned Igbo,were they saints b4 catholicism came? Did u check d crime rates in those other areas b4 the catholic faith got to them,and compare with after? Rome is predominantly catholic,what do u have to say of their crime rate?does catholic church preach crime?even if Christ came down to preach Himself,and d people are economically unsatisfied,u think any changes will occur? Why practice pull-him-down christianity against a faith that will only wish u well? U think u are helping the body of Christ by castigating other chirstians/faith rather than preach love and living like Christ? Channel whatever energy u have to missionary work or something positive rather than sitting on ur butt,with ur wife typing thrash all the time.cheers

How can you call Roman Catholicism Christian with all the pagan idols, rites and symbols .

Common don't fool yourself, the catholic church is not Christian at all, after all they carried out the crusades that killed millions of innocent Jews, Muslims, Pagans etc etc.

And what about the inquisitions including the later Spanish inquisition that involved the most gruesome methods of torture and destruction of tens of thousands of Christians and innocents.

You really call this a church ? and then to rub salt into the wound you call it the only true church.

You guys are totally deceived and need salvation.

Stop this rosary rubbish and bowing to dead saints and popes.

Come to JESUS he will give you life.

3 Likes

Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Rich4god(m): 10:34pm On Nov 26, 2012
Funny... @Frosbel, you are trying to empty the ocean with you bare hands. No matter what you observe/copy/paste, the church still stand and will continue to stand. Just like nne said, better channel your effort into something that will benefit your soul. PEACE.
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 27, 2012
You guys should justb ignore this psychopath.he does not deserve the attention you are giving him.Just ignore this thread frm now onwards
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Nobody: 2:09am On Nov 27, 2012
chukwudi44: You guys should justb ignore this psychopath.he does not deserve the attention you are giving him.Just ignore this thread frm now onwards

For once, I agree with you. Frosbel is a psychopath.

Frosbel on the one hand is blaming catholics for something and then leaving christianity out of it.

Madness. Catholicism is christianity!

Anyway.....Somalia, Northern Nigeria, Senegal are missing from your list
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Boomark(m): 7:24am On Nov 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

For once, I agree with you. Frosbel is a psychopath.

Frosbel on the one hand is blaming catholics for something and then leaving christianity out of it.

Madness. Catholicism is christianity!

Anyway.....Somalia, Northern Nigeria, Senegal are missing from your list

Blaming frosbel for something and then giving him more list.
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 7:27am On Nov 27, 2012
Zap.e.r,northern Nigeria is far safer than Mexico and Columbia.Why do u think ur igbotic brothers,are still going to d place.
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 27, 2012
Boomark:

Blaming frosbel for something and then giving him more list.

If you took time to understand what I'm criticizing Frosbel for, you wouldnt have made that statement
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by chakula: 9:17am On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel:

I will like to have the knowledge on what differentiate Christianity and catholic.
Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 27, 2012
^^^Praying through Mary/Marian Apparition, using Prayer beads, the infallibility of the Pope, Praying to dead Saints, using Images like Hindus...the list goes on!

The above list and more are unscriptural, that's the difference I guess! Some Churches have their own unscriptural doctrines too (Like the OT tithing and many others); I do not classify them as Christians!

2 Likes

Re: Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? by Niflheim(m): 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2012
@Frosbel,if you go back into history,during the scandal of the P2Masonic Lodge in Italy,around 1982,it was discovered that the Italian Masons,the Italian Mafia and the Roman Catholic Church were all birds of a feather who flocked together.It was in fact further revealed that the P2 Freemasons had spread their tentacles to South America,especially Brazil,Argentina and Uruguay!!!

(1) (Reply)

Values And Importance Of Dhul-hajj And Fasting On Arrfat / Controversy: Prophet Faleyimu Predicts Death Of TB Joshua In 2017 / 5 Things Jehovah's Witnesses Believe But Will Not Tell New Converts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.