Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,568 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) (5689 Views)

Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC / List Of Jonathan's Cabinet Members And Their Latest International Appointments / Cabinet Members Who Failed Jonathan - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Siga: 7:32pm On Nov 26, 2012
IBADAN - MEMBERS of the Oyo State Executive Council as a matter of compulsion must now undergo training in French language.

Governor Abiola Ajimobi who disclosed this in Ibadan, also said that henceforth public secondary schools in the state will be mandated to include the foreign language in their respective curricular.

The governor said this while receiving the French Consular-General in Lagos, Mr. Francois Sastourne who led his team on a courtesy visit to him at the Governor's Office.

He said it had become necessary in order to create avenue for the sharing of cultural experiences and activities with the French community.

Still justifying the need to make the learning of French Language, he said it would widen the level of interaction between the people of the state and the neighbouring countries most of which are French-speaking.

In his response, the Consular-General said that his visit was to promote economic cooperation between Oyo State and his home government.

He also emphasized the importance of French Language to Nigerians, considering the fact that Nigeria is surrounded by French-speaking countries.

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/nov/26/338.html
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by NegroNtns(m): 5:28am On Nov 27, 2012
Africa is fvkd up! Africans, educated or not, professional or not...are equally fvckd up!

How many Oyo cabinet members can speak other non-Yoruba Nigerian languages? .....but the chief executive of the state is mandating a second European language for his state. Very shameful declaration.

12 Likes

Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by wowo2: 7:36am On Nov 27, 2012
2nd Class world citizen mentality....let them learn Engris
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 27, 2012
wowo2: 2nd Class world citizen mentality....let them learn Engris
Most of them can't even pass a simple English comprehension test and they want to learn French.

iSmh.

1 Like

Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Ikengawo: 7:41am On Nov 27, 2012
I highly doubt the people of this state encounter more french speaking people than they encounter Hausa Igbo and Bini speaking people.
Strange.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by k2039: 7:49am On Nov 27, 2012
The governor just behaved like a brainless person.

French ko,Greek ni.

1 Like

Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Ejine(m): 7:51am On Nov 27, 2012
#ForeverSlaves
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by omenziate(m): 7:53am On Nov 27, 2012
Lagos , na to learn Chinese, oyo state learn French, wetin ogun go talk now -maybe Icelandic . These pple just dey use us play koroso.

6 Likes

Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 27, 2012
Rubbish policy.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 27, 2012
Minion: My Lord! Oyo state wants to implement french as its second Language!
Hades: Fools! Mortals are foolish, you know! They have not fully understood the basic laws of english yet they want to take on the strange words of french. I leave their IQ to the demise
Minion: My King! Are you saying they are not smart enough?! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by dsolo(m): 8:00am On Nov 27, 2012
Rubbish and senseless
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 27, 2012
This is what happens when a leader has no vision! That makes him a ruler not a leader cuz he is visionless n have no focus. Was that part of his goals?
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 27, 2012
Useless,he will soon be out.French,even french speaking Africans are sending their wards to english speaking plcaes to create opportunities.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by novakid(m): 8:22am On Nov 27, 2012
I SMH Vigorously for this policy...
When all the members know is wear their native attires (agbada) and rant in yoruba...
Now you bring up french...Many of them will surely loose their tooth...its their french tutor I even pity the most...

Job opportunities for french dudes ooo
Position--»PA on French Matters cheesy cheesy
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by bongila(f): 8:37am On Nov 27, 2012
Lagos state is Chinese,Oyo is French I hope my state doesn't join in this madness. Dumbo governors.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by gen2briz(m): 8:39am On Nov 27, 2012
Why not Chinese instead of French......mstwwww
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by tawa89(f): 8:40am On Nov 27, 2012
Misplaced priority .smh

1 Like

Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 27, 2012
Fashola wants kids to learn chinese. Ajumobi wants cabinet members to learn frech. Jonathan want nigerians to learn arabic. Wetin we no go hear for this obodo country?
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by femliany(m): 8:46am On Nov 27, 2012
X-Boy:
Minion: My Lord! Oyo state wants to implement french as its second Language!
Hades: Fools! Mortals are foolish, you know! They have not fully understood the basic laws of english yet they want to take on the strange words of french. I leave their IQ to the demise
Minion: My King! Are you saying they are not smart enough?! undecided
they have forgotten tower of babel....

2 Likes

Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 27, 2012
Although i don't support the idea of forcing the legislators to learn French its obvious it is going to be another waste of public funds. The idea of including the language in the curriculum of the secondary schools is applaudable. It will go a long way to help the students.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by femliany(m): 8:47am On Nov 27, 2012
Misplaced priorities
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by igboboy1(m): 9:03am On Nov 27, 2012
ACN= Association of certified Neneqwas
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by GARRIx7(m): 9:05am On Nov 27, 2012
Same way we hears Osun state were planning to propose a law to castrate RAP1STS......

On a serious note, this has to be a joke.......
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by ksogo: 9:05am On Nov 27, 2012
Pls governor to what end is learning French for the legislators? the obvious explanation is that you would be requiring the services of french teacher/minders, etc. but come to think of it which of you can write Yoruba correctly? Growing up in Lagos public schools, our local languages were compulsory and french was additional so lets start from home before going international.

I want to suggest that you forget about the legislators and concentrate on the growing children who can benefit from this policy thats if you are sincere about it in the first place!
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by elRoi: 9:06am On Nov 27, 2012
omenziate: Lagos , na to learn Chinese, oyo state learn French, wetin ogun go talk now -maybe Icelandic . These pple just dey use us play koroso.
[color=#006600][/color] grin grin grin grin
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 27, 2012
He'll prolly add this to the list of things he "Accomplished" during his tenure.

SMH*
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 27, 2012
What ACN is planning by Regional Integration is gradually unfolding.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Afam4eva(m): 9:16am On Nov 27, 2012
One can see why Africa will continue to be the way it is because we're suffering from inferiority complex and Nigeria is shoulder above others. This is the only country you'll be mandated for paying a fee for speaking your native language in school. The only country that you'll be looked down on for making a grammatical blunder in English. The only country where speaking English is a sign of being educated. The coming of the British have put our local language at the mercy of extinction yet our senseless leader are still telling us to learn Chinese and French. How many Chinese and French people are Nigerians going to meet in their lifetime compared to Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. Instead of encouraging our kids to learn other African language in other to help foster unity in the country, these slaves are busy bringing new foreign languages everytime. If this were China, these people would have been shot in the eeye for even suggesting it. But it's Nigeria where stup1dity goes.

Btw, i expect out ACN apologist to come and defend this action.

SHAME!!!

4 Likes

Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by gulfer: 9:25am On Nov 27, 2012
Ajimobi should answer this question; can the cabinet members speak very good english at this point for him to require they learn french again.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by eikeem(m): 9:32am On Nov 27, 2012
*Reads post,mutters "I'm still dreaming" and goes back to bed*
*Checks NL again,reads the story again, logs out*
*Logs in, sees the story on front page*
*picks up phone and dials a number*
"Bonjour Monsieur Ajimobi..............." grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Jazzgreen(m): 10:16am On Nov 27, 2012
"AJIMOBI ADDRESSIN THE MASSES"
Ajimobi:bonjour my bien camarades of le etat Oyo,je want vous to commenc la speakin of la français dans le etat.failure to parle la new langue wil attract le punishment of ur bouch et yeaux been removed.
Looks around and saw they'v all gone to thier homes since.mtcheeeew
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by dnawah(m): 10:23am On Nov 27, 2012
Employment opportunities!:-Dbonjour mes dames et mescieus.4 ur lessons ur need a long note to copy,a short one 4 ur home works,pen and pencils.let start money=l'argent.see u all 2norow au revoir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Interview With Chief Debe Ojukwu / Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles / NASS To Veto Jonathan’s State Of The Nation Address Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.