Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,198 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) (5698 Views)

Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC / List Of Jonathan's Cabinet Members And Their Latest International Appointments / Cabinet Members Who Failed Jonathan - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by obi123: 10:25am On Nov 27, 2012
how do these people come up with these ideas for goodness sakes? , the mind boggles honestly , just how do they do it ? what leads up to the moment when they announce these sorts of daft ideas? do they brain storm ? or is it just one person sleeping and waking up one morning and feels the only thing lacking is the non proficiency in a foreign language , never mind the non existent infrastructure or the salary owed govt workers .
They really make it hard to be patriotic in that country
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by omenziate(m): 10:30am On Nov 27, 2012
eikeem: *Reads post,mutters "I'm still dreaming" and goes back to bed*
*Checks NL again,reads the story again, logs out*
*Logs in, sees the story on front page*
*picks up phone and dials a number*
"Bonjour Monsieur Ajimobi..............." grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bonjour Monsieur Eikeem. Comment Ca va?
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by sugar001(f): 10:35am On Nov 27, 2012
omenziate:

Bien Merci. Et vous?
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by MOREWLL: 10:55am On Nov 27, 2012
Lagos na China
Oyo -----French
Osun-----Arabic
Ekiti----Indian
Ondo.....?
How does learning other country's drive development?
Southwest a case study
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by omenziate(m): 10:59am On Nov 27, 2012
sugar 001: Bien Merci. Et vous?

Je suis tres bien madmoseille. Merci. Comment est votre journee?
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Jjc2000(m): 11:20am On Nov 27, 2012
Siga: IBADAN - MEMBERS of the Oyo State Executive Council as a matter of compulsion must now undergo training in French language.

Governor Abiola Ajimobi who disclosed this in Ibadan, also said that henceforth public secondary schools in the state will be mandated to include the foreign language in their respective curricular.

The governor said this while receiving the French Consular-General in Lagos, Mr. Francois Sastourne who led his team on a courtesy visit to him at the Governor's Office.

He said it had become necessary in order to create avenue for the sharing of cultural experiences and activities with the French community.

Still justifying the need to make the learning of French Language, he said it would widen the level of interaction between the people of the state and the neighbouring countries most of which are French-speaking.

In his response, the Consular-General said that his visit was to promote economic cooperation between Oyo State and his home government.

He also emphasized the importance of French Language to Nigerians, considering the fact that Nigeria is surrounded by French-speaking countries.

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/nov/26/338.html
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by aglomar: 11:23am On Nov 27, 2012
What is the relevance of this policy to good governance? So they can now launder money in France?
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by skyfall: 11:37am On Nov 27, 2012
This Ajimobi is a disappointment. 21st century slavery.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 27, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Africa is fvkd up! Africans, educated or not, professional or not...are equally fvckd up!

How many Oyo cabinet members can speak other non-Yoruba Nigerian languages? .....but the chief executive of the state is mandating a second European language for his state. Very shameful declaration.

GOD bless yhu
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Zico0(m): 11:50am On Nov 27, 2012
"Every cabinet member must learn french" oh my goist,yeeeeeeeeeeeee, my belle o
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Teejayphillip(m): 11:53am On Nov 27, 2012
Even te person wey bring the ideal sef,ow mani english can he speak... Talkless of speaking french n makin it compulsory....

Is dat the next development in OYO state?

Dem no get work i swear
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by stonebridge: 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2012
I think the black man has an inbuilt inferiority complex when it comes to white people. That is why no matter how educated we are, we still continue to show signs of inferiority towards Europeans and non black races. They take pride in marrying women of other races but frown upon their own. They take pride in imbibing other people's cultures but will quickly thrash their own. This epidemic is not seen only in western Nigeria but in the whole of southern Nigeria. Check out how many fast food joints springing up in Nigeria and how their patrons feel proud to be dining there.
Take a girl to a nice Nigerian restaurant serving Nigerian dishes and see whether she will value your effort to another person who takes her to a Chinese/Italian/etc restaurant in Lagos.

My question will be: Of what use will the French language be to the citizens/indigenes of Oyo?. When will this colonialism stop?. We've been forced to learn English, Arabic, mandarin,etc. What shall we be forced to learn next? German?, Spanish? Japanese? Vietnamese?. I taya for una o.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by cold(m): 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
The governor must be high on alomo bitters
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by sugar001(f): 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2012
smileyPas mal. Et toi
omenziate:

Je suis tres bien madmoseille. Merci. Comment est votre journee?
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by ebere1712: 12:31pm On Nov 27, 2012
afam4eva: One can see why Africa will continue to be the way it is because we're suffering from inferiority complex and Nigeria is shoulder above others. This is the only country you'll be mandated for paying a fee for speaking your native language in school. The only country that you'll be looked down on for making a grammatical blunder in English. The only country where speaking English is a sign of being educated. The coming of the British have put our local language at the mercy of extinction yet our senseless leader are still telling us to learn Chinese and French. How many Chinese and French people are Nigerians going to meet in their lifetime compared to Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. Instead of encouraging our kids to learn other African language in other to help foster unity in the country, these slaves are busy bringing new foreign languages everytime. If this were China, these people would have been shot in the eeye for even suggesting it. But it's Nigeria where stup1dity goes.

Btw, i expect out ACN apologist to come and defend this action.

SHAME!!!
They are positioning themselves to be client states. This is mgbati intelligence. Lagos would be chinese, Osun french, ekiti arabic, oyo cantonese. They forget that another name for server-client relationship is master-slave relationship.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by ebere1712: 12:34pm On Nov 27, 2012
stonebridge: I think the black man has an inbuilt inferiority complex when it comes to white people. That is why no matter how educated we are, we still continue to show signs of inferiority towards Europeans and non black races. They take pride in marrying women of other races but frown upon their own. They take pride in imbibing other people's cultures but will quickly thrash their own. This epidemic is not seen only in western Nigeria but in the whole of southern Nigeria. Check out how many fast food joints springing up in Nigeria and how their patrons feel proud to be dining there.
Take a girl to a nice Nigerian restaurant serving Nigerian dishes and see whether she will value your effort to another person who takes her to a Chinese/Italian/etc restaurant in Lagos.

My question will be: Of what use will the French language be to the citizens/indigenes of Oyo?. When will this colonialism stop?. We've been forced to learn English, Arabic, mandarin,etc. What shall we be forced to learn next? German?, Spanish? Japanese? Vietnamese?. I taya for una o.
My brother dont bundle all black people together; talk about this specific black people.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by omenziate(m): 12:44pm On Nov 27, 2012
sugar 001: smileyPas mal. Et toi

Juste la . Ne passez une bonne journee.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by sugar001(f): 12:47pm On Nov 27, 2012
Est-ce qu'on peut dire?......
omenziate:

Juste la . Ne passez une bonne journee.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 27, 2012
Another stvpidity...
I want to ask,do foreigners bring weed when visiting some of these our leaders or do they get carried away on sighting a foreigner...most time they make such ill-articulated statements while recieving a visitor.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by nduchucks: 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2012
Would you believe that Ajimobi himself does not speak Hausa or Ibo, and most certainly does not speak French? SMH
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by eikeem(m): 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
omenziate:

Hmmmm...... I want to assume that you are asking me if I eat cassava; no be so? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by nduchucks: 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
Don't be surprised to find out that a consulting firm will be hired to train and teach cabinet members and others, French for a multi million naira fee. Don't be shocked if the firm is owned by ACN cronies. Arise O patriots!
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by salolo(m): 1:35pm On Nov 27, 2012
wahala don start for the commissioner be that oooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by daryoor(m): 2:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
this is a case of misplaced priority, let talk about unemployment, poverty, illiteracy, security. Oyo state has no bodrer and there is no peculiar NEED to force french lang into the system.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Olalekan0(m): 2:34pm On Nov 27, 2012
Dem won use style visit the ivory tower for paris be that o. Thieves!
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Katsumoto: 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2012
If true, very disappointing move.

These folks wont even be conversational in French at the end of Ajimobi's term.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Rutherford23(m): 3:14pm On Nov 27, 2012
Gosh!!! How 'll this solve problem Can french language create jobs, or stop corruptions or even improve the countries education standard... What is happening u risk our personalities just to please foreignerz
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by stonebridge: 3:17pm On Nov 27, 2012
ebere1712:
My brother dont bundle all black people together; talk about this specific black people.
Give me an example of a group of black ethnicity who doesn't suffer from this inferiority jaundice?. African American males feel more superior when they marry women of other color as long as its not a variant of anything black. Almost all the African tribes substitute their culture with European/middle eastern or Asian cultures. Stop trying to blame Ajimobi and Oyo people alone because we are all in this shit together. All Ajimobi did is to extend the stupidity.
I challenge you to converse with 100 Nigerians and tell me how many of them will confidently tell you they'll not substitute their culture with oyibos. If we pick cultures from other African tribes and substitute ours, that will not be a problem for me. For eg: If Imo decides to introduce Ewe or Zulu language in their schools and vice versa.
As a matter of fact, Swahili is the most popular African language, why not introduce it in our schools?. If we must learn oyiboish language, may be we should adopt Africaans and not French for Pete's sake.

1 Like

Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by redsun(m): 3:21pm On Nov 27, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Africa is fvkd up! Africans, educated or not, professional or not...are equally fvckd up!

How many Oyo cabinet members can speak other non-Yoruba Nigerian languages? .....but the chief executive of the state is mandating a second European language for his state. Very shameful declaration.

That is why they do the abominables,because they are fundamentally dumb.They dont have an inkling what the whole game of humanity is all about.

They feel highly elated being inferior.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Arosa(m): 3:47pm On Nov 27, 2012
Yes o! We are going to make Italian mandatory in Edo state. Ask no questions you all know why.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by NegroNtns(m): 3:53pm On Nov 27, 2012
afam4eva: One can see why Africa will continue to be the way it is because we're suffering from inferiority complex and Nigeria is shoulder above others. This is the only country you'll be mandated for paying a fee for speaking your native language in school. The only country that you'll be looked down on for making a grammatical blunder in English. The only country where speaking English is a sign of being educated. The coming of the British have put our local language at the mercy of extinction yet our senseless leader are still telling us to learn Chinese and French. How many Chinese and French people are Nigerians going to meet in their lifetime compared to Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. Instead of encouraging our kids to learn other African language in other to help foster unity in the country, these slaves are busy bringing new foreign languages everytime. If this were China, these people would have been shot in the eeye for even suggesting it. But it's Nigeria where stup1dity goes.

Btw, i expect out ACN apologist to come and defend this action.

SHAME!!!

Shut your mouth, it is indefensible, mumu!
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by kton(m): 4:03pm On Nov 27, 2012
na wa ooo. lost of focus. meaning that when Ajumobi visit France,speaking yoruba will be made compulsory for France citizens. useless,jobless
and visionless people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Ten Strongest Currencies In The World. / Breaking News -No One Can Arrest Me Even Buhari,Nigerian Government Says TOMPOLO / Obidient Celebrated As Heavy Rainfall Destroys Over 100 Building In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.