Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,042 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State (78898 Views)

Photo Of People On The Run During The Robbery Incident In Ikorodu, Lagos Today. / Photos From The Robbery Incident In Ikorodu, Lagos This Morning / Photos From The Scene Of The Robbery Attack Today In Lekki Phase 1 Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2012
Considering its xmas season... other states will not learn from this and beef up security until they experience the same.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by fastlane84: 8:32pm On Nov 27, 2012
pDudd:

Bruv, I tell ya cheesy

But e be like say dem use more than 44 minutes take do this robbery o

240 minutes
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2012
DID THEY ATTACK WITH TANKS AND RPG? grin grin grin
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by franksunny(m): 8:40pm On Nov 27, 2012
fighting crime without sustainable development, no plan for employment, kiss my a§$ 9ja leaders
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by omoredia: 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2012
Why are nigerians so foolish like this? With all that we still saying robber! When has robbbers become hi-tech like this? This is the work of terrorists! In Nigeria terrorist also rob! Its not today!
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by benzion72(m): 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2012
Father i thank God for loosing my banking job. Glory be to your name.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by kabba7(m): 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2012
Are those miscreants Boko Haram guys or armed robbers planning for heavy Christmas shoppings?
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by Emychina(m): 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2012
acidtalk: All this just to acquire Vanity.

There was Money before man came to the world, and there will still be Money after man leaves the World.

Man didn't bring a penny when he came and will certainly not take any when he is leaving.

What do the Churches and Mosque leaders preach to their congregation members these days?
ewu,u no need d money?.abeg pack well make guyz collect their own shares.no b only government sabi steal.
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by manny4life(m): 9:00pm On Nov 27, 2012
kingoflag: Man, you need to STFU. I do not know you from jack, neither do I wish to, but truth is youre a bigot and the truth to you depends on the language spoken and the "God" worshipped, and that-- my friend--- is a very ignorant trait to have.

That being said, you didnt answer my question.

You are a VERY ANGRY fellow, damn, take a chill pill, relax. It ain't all that serious... Oh, take it easy, life is too short.
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by Yemak74: 9:42pm On Nov 27, 2012
14 lives claimed in d process... God ll continue to help us in dis country
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by ABAboi: 9:42pm On Nov 27, 2012
This robbery bears a hallmark of highly trained armed robbers, probably with some military or paramilitary training. From planning to execution also means that insider knowledge is relevant both at the police station and at the banks.

To mitigate dependence on any individual, FogSecure solution for banks (http://fogsecure.com.ng) automatically switches to guard-mode and NEVER depends on anybody. This is the kind of technology Nigeria deserves. FogSecure is probably the most advanced security system in Nigeria. How due to late adopters managing Nigerian businesses they'd rather stick with a mopol or may-guard.
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by amedusikirabl(f): 9:44pm On Nov 27, 2012
Na wah O,dis is so so bad God wat is dis country turning into?
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by Werehkpe: 9:57pm On Nov 27, 2012
Residents of the area ran for their lives on hearing the explosions. No death was recorded so far, but the robbers had a field day as they were not challenged by security operatives, who were no where to be found.

[size=15pt]When contacted, Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mr Anthony Arhuoyo, did not pick his call[/size]

How do u expect him to pick his call? So the robbers will kno his location? d guy sharp pass una nau. LOL

Good thin is no one lost his life. they shud have collected all the money from the banks jare.

But this kind of attacks can only b done by graduates with connections. e no easy to get your hand on a bomb o
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by eric1960: 10:02pm On Nov 27, 2012
pDudd: Good grin

Joblessness and hunger breeds desperation, added to the fact that Xmas approaches. Since government and corporate organizations refuse to create employment, youth are going to take their own share of the national cake by force.

Expect to see more of this is the coming days.

I hope the Nigerian government can see the monsters it created.
Ur statement is most unfortunate. Are u trying 2 justify the incidence *SMH*
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by hoodboy(m): 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2012
My roommate was a witness to this okene robbery around this time last year, for the first time in his life he saw an RPG in action. Even the sound of the gunshot he recorded on his phone still sends shivers. Luckily for them, even when of the robbers opened their luxurious bus he just closed the door back. The spacebus in fron wasn't so lucky as they got sprayed with bullets. He said the robbers hit their jackpot in GTB, where they came out with a big sack of dollars (it took about four people to lift it). I guess they have come for this years loot. May God protect us.
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by 3kay945(m): 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2012
kuzzieOtiz: Yet when thieves get burned alive they say its barbaric. sad
yeah,, it is grin grin
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by bakila: 10:45pm On Nov 27, 2012
Hmm
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by bakila: 10:50pm On Nov 27, 2012
benzion72:
grin
benzion72:
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by mekaboy(m): 10:57pm On Nov 27, 2012
SO THE CCTV CAMERAS IN 3 BANKS DID NOT CAPTURE ANYTHING? THIS ONE THAT THE POLICE HAS BOWED TO ARMED ROBBERS IN THAT STATE, I PRAY WE DONT SEE ARMED ROBBERS USING ARMORED TANK TO ROB ONE DAY OO.

THE COMMISSIONER OF POLICE SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED AND FIRED AT THE SAME TIME.HOW CAN OVER 30 ARMED MEN COME OUT AND ROB 3 BANKS AND GO FREE? THE SAFEST PLACE THEY WILL GO TO AFTER THIS ROBBERY IS EITHER THE COMMISSIONER OF POLICE'S HOUSE OR THE BARRACKS, THERE THEY WILL BE SAFE FOR THE MAIN TIME.

IF THESE GUYS CAN DISARM THE POLICE LIKE THIS, WHO WILL PROTECT THE COMMON MAN? IF THEY CAN ROB THE BANK FOR 4 HRS WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, IT MEANS THEY CAN SPEND A WEEK IN SOMEONES HOUSE IF THEY COME TO ROB AN INDIVIDUAL.

GOD, PLEASE PROTECT US OOO.
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 27, 2012
GeJ79: PICTURES FROM THE NOTORIOUS ARMED ROBBERY ATTACK YESTERDAY IN AUCHI EDO STATE
Chei see my village
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by elampiro(m): 11:29pm On Nov 27, 2012
Police confirm seven civilian deaths in Auchi attack

November 27, 2012
The Edo State Police Command on Tuesday confirmed that only seven civilians died from the robbery incident in Auchi on Monday.

The acting state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Muhammed Hurdi, a Deputy Commissioner of Police made the confirmation while speaking with newsmen in Benin, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.

“No death was recorded among the police except that two policemen got shot in the leg,” he said, and denied that no soldier was killed in the incident.

He admitted that dynamites and sophisticated guns were freely used by the robbers, adding that  the robbers attacked both Auchi Area Command and Divisional Police Station, respectively.

Hurdi explained that the robbers threw dynamite at the buildings just as four banks in the town were also affected.

He gave the names of the banks as First Bank, Access Bank, GTB and Ecobank, respectively.

He described it as a coordinated attack, adding, “No police weapon was taken away from any of the police station. We are already investigating the matter and have information as to who these people are.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/police-confirm-seven-civilian-deaths-in-auchi-attack/
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 27, 2012
manny4life:

You are a VERY ANGRY fellow, damn, take a chill pill, relax. It ain't all that serious... Oh, take it easy, life is too short.
Lol, look at this insane clown talking about I'm angry..... Angry at what? Online Personalities? Dude, truth is I'm not one to bite my tongue, and fact is youre a bigot and thats why you rattle me everytime because I dont understand why after living in this society for so long most of you still bring your ignorant bitterness over here and are want to display your idiocy at every given opportunity. I mean, I just read another thread and all I kept seeing you do was telling people to "Keep Rochas Out Of" their mouths. You know why I respect animals like Dede1? At least people like him dont hide the fact that theyre rabid by wiping spittle out the sides of their mouths in attempts to appear like sane dogs , they just let it go and whoever gets hit, gets hit. You on the other hand are botheringly deceptive and pretentious. You play like youre neutral, but underneath every tone of yours is bigotry and playing the ethnic card in a way so sleek only you have perfected. So, its not that I'm angry, its that your type disturb me and I will keep hitting you with this fact anytime I see you display your prejudice.
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by princemaicheal: 11:41pm On Nov 27, 2012
kuzzieOtiz: Yet when thieves get burned alive they say its barbaric. sad
.Yes,I must say,it is babbaric.How has jungle justice helped in reducing crime?This u are seing is not the problem,this is only a decay of the society manifesting.We should start to ask the right question like:where is the electricity promised by countless regimes and administrations;where are the roads;where are the bore holes and rain way systems.Belief me with all these,crime will reduce drasticaly.
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by rapu4real: 12:05am On Nov 28, 2012
acidtalk: All this just to acquire Vanity.

There was Money before man came to the world, and there will still be Money after man leaves the World.

Man didn't bring a penny when he came and will certainly not take any when he is leaving.

What do the Churches and Mosque leaders preach to their congregation members these days?
YEAH THEY PREACH ON HOW TO MAKE IT IN ORDER 2 BUY PRIVATE JETS.
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by addictiv(m): 12:06am On Nov 28, 2012
mehn this robbers no get joy at all.......just like those who attacked first bank at choba in ph sometime ago
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by senator2k9(m): 12:37am On Nov 28, 2012
manny4life: Yes, I still insist, burning a human alive is barbaric.

You can sentence someone to death using other approach not burning someone alive.
until a dear one of urs is shot dead by a robber, then u wil knw how it feels.........maybe urself wil bring pms for their annihilation
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by manny4life(m): 1:13am On Nov 28, 2012
kingoflag: Lol, look at this insane clown talking about I'm angry..... Angry at what? Online Personalities? Dude, truth is I'm not one to bite my tongue, and fact is youre a bigot and thats why you rattle me everytime because I dont understand why after living in this society for so long most of you still bring your ignorant bitterness over here and are want to display your idiocy at every given opportunity. I mean, I just read another thread and all I kept seeing you do was telling people to "Keep Rochas Out Of" their mouths. You know why I respect animals like Dede1? At least people like him dont hide the fact that theyre rabid by wiping spittle out the sides of their mouths in attempts to appear like sane dogs , they just let it go and whoever gets hit, gets hit. You on the other hand are botheringly deceptive and pretentious. You play like youre neutral, but underneath every tone of yours is bigotry and playing the ethnic card in a way so sleek only you have perfected. So, its not that I'm angry, its that your type disturb me and I will keep hitting you with this fact anytime I see you display your prejudice.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by adconline(m): 1:26am On Nov 28, 2012
And someone is going to ask if living in EU or US is better than Naija..
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by Nobody: 1:44am On Nov 28, 2012
Everyone is complaining of the robbery, yet, when the Govt proposes something as simple as a database of Identification of its citizens (in the state) there are those that'll vehemently object. Lagos State is a very recent and good example.

While I am opposed to biometrics (i.e fingerprints) of citizens that havent been accused of a crime being collated by the Govt without an arrest, I do recognize that a centralized data of the people living within a region is helpful in fighting crime. First, lets recognize that studies show that rarely do people just jump into committing violent crimes (like the one we are discussing), they usually climb the ranks by having priors that are replete with petty crimes. If a properly run identification database was already in effect, these robbers would have (most likely--- due to their history) been on record, known to both the State Registry and the Police.

Now how do we catch them you ask? Well, without going into extensive detail little (but impactive) things like fingerprint comparison could have been put into use. Fingerprint clues could be picked up from something as overlooked as the shell casings. In the unlikely event that there were no fingerprint evidence on the scene, facial recognition could have been put to use. Images of the robbers captured by CCTV from surrounding businesses (assuming they worked) could easily be compared with the State Registry. If this whole scenario was possible, then the police could easily make Nigeria really small for these bandits by appealing to the polity for help by broadcasting their images in the mass media; assuming they evaded attempts to capture them through use of info based on their last places of residence, family, friends or associates. Most important to note is that they would have the names of those wanted, instead of just seeking random John Does.

Damn, Nigeria has like a billion years to catch up.......
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by Nobody: 2:06am On Nov 28, 2012
The masses and the Nigerian government will never do anything to find proper solution to the state of security in that country rather than to shout glory be to God! Nonsense. There should be quick response police with armored helicopters and good radios communication for backups. There should be provision for better combat vehicles and encourage youths to join the police - there are lots of jobless youth on the street doing nothing.

Please, something needs to be done about the appalling state of security in that nation!
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by doppler777(m): 3:45am On Nov 28, 2012
mekaboy: SUCH ROBBERY ATTACKS DO NOT SUCCEED WITHOUT A HIGH PROFILE POLICE AND MILITARY PERSONNEL BACKING THEM UP. IF YOU WILL MONITOR THE BANK ACCOUNT OF ALL THE HIGH RANKED POLICE AND MILITARY PERSONS IN THAT STATE WITHIN 72HRS, YOU WILL NOTICE HUGE DEPOSITS.
Are the aforementioned that daft??
Re: Pictures From The Robbery Attack In Auchi, Edo State by Oballer: 5:15am On Nov 28, 2012
this is not a robbery at all...its either a war, a tsunami or hurricane...abi which kain robbery go tear police station roof apart like that...or they came with rocket launchers? God save Nigeria and protect us from this last ember Month pestilence.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Who 'Killed Her Husband With Rat Poison' In Ebonyi, Paraded & Disgraced / Married U.S Teacher Had Sex With 13-Year-Old Boy, Sentenced To 20 Years In Jail / Girl Beats Up Little Boy For Not Giving Him Milk After Sucking His Pee-pee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.