Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry (7462 Views)

7 Type Of People You Will Notice When You Board A Church Bus To Service / The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. / Five Types Of Girls You Meet In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 27, 2012
Girl A. If your Son came back home with a girl who wore a mini skirt , bosoms hanging out, with layers and layers of make up, will you honestly approve of the relationship or marriage.

Or

Girl B . If your Son came back home with a girl who dressed all covered up , quiet, respectful and almost shy-like in attitude, will you consider her too out of date for your Son.

Suppose Girl A is more sweet , kind hearted and loving than Girl B , would you not rather try to speak to her with respect and love , so that she might consider her outward appearance or would you write her off almost immediately.

Suppose girl B is really a demon in full head gear and long dress, how would you know ? Surely this is not a pre-requisite for approving their relationship, no ?

I am trying to be balanced here.

Let me know your thoughts.
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by ijawkid(m): 1:37pm On Nov 27, 2012
Lol......

I'll be balanced too.....sometimes some girls are good,but there outward appearance might make them look bad.....so all we have to do is really know the person(girl) under scrutiny.....and maybe like you said encourage her to be modest in her dressing by changing her style of dressing and make ups...because our outward appearance can make people pre-judge us.......

2 Likes

Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by Afam4eva(m): 1:37pm On Nov 27, 2012
Most Nigerian parents that i know will go for GirlB but a lot of sons will go for GirlA

It's good that we should look at the inward appearance rather than the outer but you have to understand that the outward is a reflection of what's inside.

4 Likes

Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by k2039: 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2012
I will aprove any one he brings home.

Who he marries isnt for me to decide just as I wont want my parent to interfere with my own choice.

I can only advise him,besides I must have trained him well enough to know the qualities to look for in a woman,if he decides to follow my advice good for him and if not,also good for him.

5 Likes

Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2012
afam4eva: Most Nigerian parents that i know will go for GirlB but a lot of sons will go for GirlA

It's good that we should look at the inward appearance rather than the outer but you have to understand that the outward is a reflection of what's inside.

I agree with the bolded.

However, I do not agree that we should write off a young girl just because of her dress, many of them have gone on to be the best wives and changed their dressing.

Also , there are women who are all covered up , go to church, sing and clap, but they have so oppressed their their husbands at home and sent them to an early grave .

1 Like

Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by ichuka(m): 4:06pm On Nov 27, 2012
k2039: I will aprove any one he brings home.

Who he marries isnt for me to decide just as I wont want my parent to interfere with my own choice.

I can only advise him,besides I must have trained him well enough to know the qualities to look for in a woman,if he decides to follow my advice good for him and if not,also good for him.
hmmm! Lets hear from His word.
Honour thy father and thy mother:that thy days may be long upon the land thy Lord thy God giveth thee..Exodus20:12.
Children,obey your parents in the Lord,for this is right.Honour thy father and mother,which is the first commandments with promise..Ephns6:1-2.
I believe this is the only commandment of God that is attached with a blessing.
We should Honour/obey our parents even in regards to marriage.
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by engrtee(f): 5:32pm On Nov 27, 2012
After bringn up my son in d best way posible, i wil trust his decision . Any giri he bring wil be acceptd. I am not d one marrying.
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by k2039: 7:21pm On Nov 27, 2012
i.chuka:

Honour thy father and thy mother:that thy days may be long upon the land thy Lord thy God giveth thee..Exodus20:12.
Children,obey your parents in the Lord,for this is right.Honour thy father and mother,which is the first commandments with promise..Ephns6:1-2.

So you are saying it was God's plan for parents to interfere with their children's choice of who to marry,frankly I disagree with you on this
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by advocate666: 7:29pm On Nov 27, 2012
If my child is old enough to marry, then he or she is old enough to make their own choices.
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2012
Honestly I will tell my son to marry anyone with big nyash angry angry angry
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by 25omega(m): 8:12pm On Nov 27, 2012
it really isn't up to you. the only way you can have a say is if you are paying for the whole marriage

1 Like

Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by anitank(f): 8:15pm On Nov 27, 2012
did you say a demon in long dress? and you're still considering who to choose? undecided
Enter a boutique and buy as much decent dresses for girl A as possible
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by Archmed(m): 8:16pm On Nov 27, 2012
well, my 5yr old son wants to marry my mother...reason according to him was because i married his mother...

1 Like

Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by zangiff(m): 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2012
Anyone that makes him happy
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2012
ijawkid: Lol......

I'll be balanced too.....sometimes some girls are good,but there outward appearance might make them look bad.....so all we have to do is really know the person(girl) under scrutiny.....and maybe like you said encourage her to be modest in her dressing by changing her style of dressing and make ups...because our outward appearance can make people pre-judge us.......

I agree !
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by igbsam(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2012
i.chuka:

what is this one saying. You had better read to understand. Obey ko! Shina peters ni!
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by wellmax(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2012
Inasmuch as the well covered up doesn't necessarily mean a good girl, she is most likely better than the one bearing it all. Cos the outside is most times a reflection of the inside. Bible says by their fruits we shall know them.
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2012
i.chuka:

Children obey parents, but when he's of age a man will leave his father and mother and unite with his wife - Mark 10:7. Parents can advice their kids on marriage, but it's the decision of the mates who they choose to marry.
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by ikachi1: 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2012
Haba! Na me wan marry am? I will just tell him my opinion but the choice is his. I have seen a guy who dropped a decent girl to marry another girl becuase he claimed the first girl was too conservative..He went on to marry a party freak and they are happy.
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by greatgod2012(f): 8:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
I will like my son to marry somebody like me.
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by shyna501: 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2012
My unborn son wld definitely take after me naw, he'll go 4 A... because hin papa too like beta tin.
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by Iaz93: 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2012
He should ride on with Girl A jorh...he needs the big booobs..
SMH4Girl B
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 27, 2012
i.chuka:

In as much as I agree with u that we are meant to honour our parents by obeying them, I do not agree that we r duty bound to obey them when they decide to interfere with our choice of a life partner. The admonishment to obey our parents does not cut across everything in life, there are areas we r permitted to say NO to them especially when what they want is against God's dictates for us. Even Christ made this point very clear when he said(in Matthew 10:34-36):

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's foes shall be they of his own household".

I believe firmly that it is very important that we listen to our parents when they advice us, especially when the advice has to do with our choice of a life partner but the decision on whom to marry MUST come from us. In the final analysis, we would be the one's to live with our decision not our parents. Parents are meant to be trusted advisors and not our decision makers. Any one who is old enough to get married is surely old enough to make his own decisions.
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2012
I don't care what he brings home. Africans are too fond of meddling in their children's marital decision.

Bring up a child in the right way, when he is old he will not depart from it. I had 20 good years or more to instil common sense into my son, he should know better than me at selecting a certain partner.

You also can't judge girls from appearance, I've met deeper deeper girls who phuck indiscriminately, pastors daughters that have separate wardrobes for school and for home, junkies that are virgins, loyal chronic night clubbers, provocatively dressed sincere girls. I don't believe in first impressions.

1 Like

Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by naturalwaves: 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2012
Archmed: well, my 5yr old son wants to marry my mother...reason according to him was because i married his mother...
cheesy cheesy cheesy.Funniest thing I've heard today. Very very funny! Your son has got a brilliant mind. He thinks like a Scientist.
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by Les: 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2012
i.chuka:

why did you leave out dat portion dat says a man would be seperated from his family to be united wit his wife?? Note how it is written- he would be seperated b4 marrying not marrying b4 seperated. If you understand wat dat means, you would know you are already seperated from your family(ie being a man and making ur own decision etc) b4 marriage. So daddy's choice dont count but his advice and training- tru dat you have honoured him.
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by erico2k2(m): 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel: Girl A. If your Son came back home with a girl who wore a mini skirt , bosoms hanging out, with layers and layers of make up, will you honestly approve of the relationship or marriage.

Or

Girl B . If your Son came back home with a girl who dressed all covered up , quiet, respectful and almost shy-like in attitude, will you consider her too out of date for your Son.

Suppose Girl A is more sweet , kind hearted and loving than Girl B , would you not rather try to speak to her with respect and love , so that she might consider her outward appearance or would you write her off almost immediately.

You dont have the right whatsover to approve who your SON has to marry why judge whom he deems fit to be his wife? all you have to do is appreciate his happyness and give him your blessing if its good for him thank God if it goes pear shape he has himself to blame and no one else,I hate interupting parents.

Suppose girl B is really a demon in full head gear and long dress, how would you know ? Surely this is not a pre-requisite for approving their relationship, no ?

Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by erico2k2(m): 9:06pm On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel: Girl A. If your Son came back home with a girl who wore a mini skirt , bosoms hanging out, with layers and layers of make up, will you honestly approve of the relationship or marriage.

Or

what gives the parents the right to judge whom their son brings back for marriage, all they have to do is trust teh judgement of their son and give him thier blessing and appreciate his happyness.So in the near future if it gies well thank God if it goes pear shape well he made that choice,Interupting parents are nightmare.
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by Smartiegurl(f): 9:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
engrtee: After bringn up my son in d best way posible, i wil trust his decision . Any giri he bring wil be acceptd. I am not d one marrying.
Storey Storey!
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by goodluckizuchi: 9:13pm On Nov 27, 2012
This na our days children have change patern and if we meet a girl with half dress it does not
That she is bad but accept her in and know the type of woman she is (2)if.we also meet a girl with fooldress accept her in first and know whether she is the type of the quality we need as woman that is my advice not to troo them out because there are wearing half or fool dress ok
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by deols(f): 9:20pm On Nov 27, 2012
Things arent always as twisted as d Op puts it.

Many of the girls in category B are kind hearted and good and would more likely make good wives and mothers. What goes in ur mind,who you are are reflected in both your character and outward appearance.

I am not d type a son wld bring a category A to. dem no dey fear?
Re: What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry by felifeli: 9:28pm On Nov 27, 2012

Or

The way you are thinking I swear if you were my father I will simply not invite you to my wedding.you want to "approve" the woman I will live with for the rest of my life? SMH

(1) (2) (Reply)

Archangel Michael Is Not Jesus Christ / 50,000 Errors In The Bible / Brother Emmanuel Senayon Vision Of Hell - 1st Encounter (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.