Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? (11856 Views)

7 Reasons Why Married Men Cheat / Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Why Do Some Married Women Enjoy Their Husband Begging For Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by amaboss(m): 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2012
It all started some years back when I was still in secondary school. My dad will pick my junior brother and I from school and on our way home, he'll pick this lady. This occurence took place more than once. I and my junior brother as at then thought then thought the lady was a co-worker or the wife to a close friend or something like that. Then my mom started getting suspicious after noticing the kind of attitude my dad started putting up. My elder brothers decided to check if my mom was just over reacting or if her suspicions were true; and lo, my dad was being promiscuous. We comfronted him a lot of times and he kept denying having a mistress. We brought a lot of evidence against him from text messages sent to a number and text messages received from that number, yet he denied them all. From then, he was careful, we never found any incriminating text message on his phone. Later on, my mom found a piece of paper with love messages written on in in my dad's own handwriting. With this, we comfronted him again and as usual, he denied it, and almooost denied his own handwriting. The following day, we invited our pastor over to the house and when we were asked to present the paper, it was missing. We asked him and he denied having knowledge of where the paper was.

After the paper incident, he started to deteriorate in his responsibilities as the head of the house and as the breadwinner, not that he was fully the breadwinner before then. God really blessed my mom with a good job and she was able to do the things my dad wasn't able to do and take care of us in a way my dad wasn't and won't be able to. So it was safe to say my mom was the breadwinner. His promiscuousness wasn't hidden anymore and it was now glaring to everyone. We all put him into prayers; prayers wasn't yielding much, advice, counselling, rebukes, and all manner were like a boring joke to him. He continued to fail in his duty as a father, as well as a husband.

Just recently, my mom was transfered. We were happy for her, at least it would save her the drama. With her gone, we received the full-dose of dad's behaviour. It was like living on your own completely. I took solace in school, at least it saved me from nursing a broken heart everyday. I never for once asked dad for more money for school fees but I saw why some students took much more money from their parents for school fees.

Then the question we'll ask ourselves is if a woman as beautiful as my mom and blessed with a good job with a comfortable position and paycheck, with every reason to go out and look for a better man to take care of her, can stay faithful to God and to her husband, is it so difficult for a man, whose achievements are not much compared to hers to stick to his wife and be a good husband and father?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by coogar: 12:55am On Nov 28, 2012
men shall not live by bread alone.....

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 28, 2012
Only a fool would value something temporary like a mistress over his own family. Your mother is a great woman of substance and I'm glad she has taken it upon herself to be the "the man of the house".no man in his right mind would flaunt his mistress before his own children

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 28, 2012
@OP I'm sorry to say this but your dad is a nut case grin
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by megxo(m): 9:32am On Nov 28, 2012
A MAN MUST CHOP CHOP AROUND 2 APPRECIATE HOME COOKING........

cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

#SHUGA...............

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by AtheistD(m): 9:37am On Nov 28, 2012
mondi_cheeks: Only a fool would value something temporary like a mistress over his own family. Your mother is a great woman of substance and I'm glad she has taken it upon herself to be the "the man of the house".no man in his right mind would flaunt his mistress before his own children

Not necessarily a fool. Maybe he was always a promiscous man. Even before she met him. These situations can be very complicated.
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by djeezy(m): 9:42am On Nov 28, 2012
@Op, I commend you for using the word "some" unlike most women will generalise with the word ''all". Back to your burning question, possible reasons can suffice to explain why. This list is compiled by me and it stands to be corrected.
1.Lack of sexual satisfaction from their spouse.
2.When there's no longer love in the marriage. This will need them to be tired of their wife and the marriage will loose it's spice.
3. Because they choose to cheat. It's a thing of choice. Variety is the spice of life.
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:44am On Nov 28, 2012
angry angry angry
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by airroseice(m): 9:44am On Nov 28, 2012
#OneWord Greed. That's Why.
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by tushbobo(m): 9:47am On Nov 28, 2012
Your Dad must have had a personal problem he never discussed with you.It is somewhat tempting to flirt once in a while but having one's life revolve around this is abnormal.Maybe he missed out on girls when he was younger and feels the only way he can make up and make himself feel good is to keep on doing the x thing.
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by morgist(m): 10:06am On Nov 28, 2012
To say the least this your post is an orthodox, why on earth will you mock your Dad?

If you are to post something like that you use someone as an example.

And the answer to your question is .... why do you think he can stick to one channel when he has a DSTV complete subscription?
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by Redmosquito(m): 10:06am On Nov 28, 2012
Minion: Your Sickness! Why do married men cheat?
Hades: How many foods do you eat, Young one?
Minion: Well, my Lord! I eat rice, flesh, sorrow, darkness ....
Hades: Its enough. Now can you eat rice alone for the rest of your life?
Minion: Oh my King! That would be horrible!!Do married men suffer that much?!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by sayso: 10:07am On Nov 28, 2012
@OP shut your dirty mouth.You have the courage to insult your Father and praise your mother in an open forum.I do not condone unfaithfulness but this is a public forum and how do you feel talking about your Dad in that manner here.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:09am On Nov 28, 2012
because they are married

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by naijathings(m): 10:11am On Nov 28, 2012
There is no smoke without fire. Now it is clear you know about your dad's short comings and how he slowly reduced in taking care of responsibilities. for every story, there is always another side. there must be 'something' you guys are not seeing... just yet. think... think.... observe again
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by JahMan1: 10:19am On Nov 28, 2012
I hate unfaithfulness no matter how hard I am tempted.
Having said that,I do not know if it is because of the hurt but your post smacks of hate towards your dad. Infact you detest the man and he is not worth a loaf of bread in your eyes.
You are quick to let us know how he can't measure up to your mum. Don't you think your mum,yourself and siblings actually make him feel that way and so he feels unloved and unappreciated.
From the post I can guess the mistress is also married or he engages with single girls also? Do you think your mum is a better woman than them? Why not she ask herself what she has done wrong?
You invited your 'pastor'?Is he your dad's pastor also?I guess your dad is not a child of God(I doubt if you are also from your attitude).
Consider you,your mum,and siblings really being born again and handling your dad through prayers and the word of God 'effectively'.
Your dad is even afraid to own up about his s-excapades in front of you guys? Could it be because he is afraid of the repercussion,at least your mum is the breadwinner?
No man will be made to feel that insecure without the urge of looking for whoever cares for him and respects him.
Overall, he is committing adultery and need serious help and not insults.
Thank you.
amaboss: It all started some years back when I was still in secondary school. My dad will pick my junior brother and I from school and on our way home, he'll pick this lady. This occurence took place more than once. I and my junior brother as at then thought then thought the lady was a co-worker or the wife to a close friend or something like that. Then my mom started getting suspicious after noticing the kind of attitude my dad started putting up. My elder brothers decided to check if my mom was just over reacting or if her suspicions were true; and lo, my dad was being promiscuous. We comfronted him a lot of times and he kept denying having a mistress. We brought a lot of evidence against him from text messages sent to a number and text messages received from that number, yet he denied them all. From then, he was careful, we never found any incriminating text message on his phone. Later on, my mom found a piece of paper with love messages written on in in my dad's own handwriting. With this, we comfronted him again and as usual, he denied it, and almooost denied his own handwriting. The following day, we invited our pastor over to the house and when we were asked to present the paper, it was missing. We asked him and he denied having knowledge of where the paper was.

After the paper incident, he started to deteriorate in his responsibilities as the head of the house and as the breadwinner, not that he was fully the breadwinner before then. God really blessed my mom with a good job and she was able to do the things my dad wasn't able to do and take care of us in a way my dad wasn't and won't be able to. So it was safe to say my mom was the breadwinner. His promiscuousness wasn't hidden anymore and it was now glaring to everyone. We all put him into prayers; prayers wasn't yielding much, advice, counselling, rebukes, and all manner were like a boring joke to him. He continued to fail in his duty as a father, as well as a husband.

Just recently, my mom was transfered. We were happy for her, at least it would save her the drama. With her gone, we received the full-dose of dad's behaviour. It was like living on your own completely. I took solace in school, at least it saved me from nursing a broken heart everyday. I never for once asked dad for more money for school fees but I saw why some students took much more money from their parents for school fees.

Then the question we'll ask ourselves is if a woman as beautiful as my mom and blessed with a good job with a comfortable position and paycheck, with every reason to go out and look for a better man to take care of her, can stay faithful to God and to her husband, is it so difficult for a man, whose achievements are not much compared to hers to stick to his wife and be a good husband and father?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 28, 2012
sayso: @OP shut your dirty mouth.You have the courage to insult your Father and praise your mother in an open forum.I do not condone unfaithfulness but this is a public forum and how do you feel talking about your Dad in that manner here.

I am sure if he was praising the father and insulting the mother you wouldn't have made this foolish comment.

Nobody knows who OP is, he is anonymous and so there is no reason why he cannot share the story with us.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by Decryptor(m): 10:35am On Nov 28, 2012
The question should be..."Why do most single ladies find married men more attractive?"

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by bigfat: 10:36am On Nov 28, 2012
[size=15pt]TOO BAD ...[/size]
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 28, 2012
Not some but most men cheat
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by frank317: 10:37am On Nov 28, 2012
the same old question everyday. what answer are u actually expecting, when if u are told the truth some people will get defensive and start judging and abusing.

ya all should just deal with it
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by janvier27(m): 10:41am On Nov 28, 2012
Not seeing him as the breadwinner may have affected relationships in the family. Children (especially adults) should be careful in taking sides on conflicts between parents, as they are not likely to know all the facts. They will understand better when married. However, there shold be no excuse for a man to live a reckless and irresponsible life.
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by jedisco(m): 10:43am On Nov 28, 2012
Rt
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by Stkingsley(m): 10:45am On Nov 28, 2012
Your story is and sounds like the normal story/occurrence everyday in most homes. firstly, a lot of people feels its their family issue and its not discussed in public. the thing is a lot of born-again married-men still flirt once in a while. Its only the 5% married men with the FEAR OF GOD that doesnt. However, from your story, it seems to me that one thing is lacking in that marriage. YOUR MOTHER seems like a career woman, and what she is suffering is what career women suffers, they feel they are the bread-winner of their houses, they can do everything on their own, and they feel they dont even need their husband's support/advice or assistance in doing most things... this is not a spiritual matter, look into it all round before drawing up conclusions. With all you said, you already towed the line of your mother and do not even worry knowing where your dad is coming from, even your brothers are following, and that means the man (your father) do not have any confidence imposed on him by his wife and kids. Do you know a time i wanted to marry, the father of the girl i was to marry, advised me not to marry his daughter, because of how his wife was behaving? feeling like she is the owner of the house cos the man lost his job and the woman was highly placed in her own? and the children all obey their mother more than their father? Look very well and see what is wrong with your family before coming out open next time. However, if all things are ok and your dad is flirting openly and continuously, then you need to go spiritual to help ur dad.
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by muyik78(m): 10:50am On Nov 28, 2012
Men a naturally polygamous in nature, i stand to be corrected by this statement, but u have to understand ur dad, aas a young man u need alot of understanding to actually judge ur dad,as a youngeman i experience smthing like that about 25yrs ago, then i was behind my mum, later five yrs later i wasn`t supporting either of them.
Reasons
I understand wHAT is it to be man.
Two men differ, and what they want differs
they need alot of discipline not to fall victimsn of playing around, especially with mentality of not having anything to lose because woman around them open their lap without demand for money.
Discipline alot is not enof for not playing around, when a man brokes his own rule who will deal wt him?
If your mum is not alwaysd available to satify his libido, infidelity become next option.
Equation good minus God is equal zero, life withour Christ is always in crisis
U need to actually be optimistic abt him, never lose hope, encourage ur mum to win back her husband, so that u will not be a victim,
I am talking from experience u know.
Be the man u hate in you dad and love him enof to let him know the truth about ur feeling of him.
bless u
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by troy20(m): 10:51am On Nov 28, 2012
u jst told us ur own view bt jst 2 let u know no man decides 2 cheat.ur mum doesnt recognize his importance anymore n so he doesnt feel d love.men thrive on dia ego n pride.so if ur mum doesnt nurse it anymore dats d end 4 him as he luks 4 some else who does.dats y its nt good letting ur wife b d breadwinner.alota women jst take advantage n u c d devil in dem
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by chuksozy: 10:56am On Nov 28, 2012
sayso: @OP shut your dirty mouth.You have the courage to insult your Father and praise your mother in an open forum.I do not condone unfaithfulness but this is a public forum and how do you feel talking about your Dad in that manner here.
he can talk abt d dad bc d man lost his respect d day he lost control of his zip.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by Ahmed0336(m): 10:56am On Nov 28, 2012
morgist: To say the least this your post is an orthodox, why on earth will you mock your Dad?
Guy u bad o

And the answer to your question is .... why do you think he can stick to one channel when he has a DSTV complete subscription?
grin grin
morgist: To say the least this your post is an orthodox, why on earth will you mock your Dad?

And the answer to your question is .... why do you think he can stick to one channel when he: has a DSTV complete subscription?
grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 28, 2012
troy20: u jst told us ur own view bt jst 2 let u know no man decides 2 cheat.ur mum doesnt recognize his importance anymore n so he doesnt feel d love.men thrive on dia ego n pride.so if ur mum doesnt nurse it anymore dats d end 4 him as he luks 4 some else who does.dats y its nt good letting ur wife b d breadwinner.alota women jst take advantage n u c d devil in dem

This kain topics can dey make me vex!
And it is because of comments like this that I get annoyed.

Now these men have come to start blaming the woman for the man's cheating as usual, anyway I am not surprised, I was expecting it.
But if the woman was the one cheating, the poster that made this quoted comment would NEVER say that the man was responsible for the cheating.
Abeg let's try to be objective; cheating is wrong. If you feel that there is no way on earth you can continue sleeping with only your wife and that your life cannot go on unless you sleep with other women, then both of you should agree on an open marriage so that no one ends up being cheated on.

Moreover@ your comment, supposing the wife was actually starting to show the man less love or to act in ways that made him feel insignificant, what he should have done was to have discussed his problems with her, thrashed them, tried to resolve them maybe even get family involved if necessary. How can a man have problems in his house an decide that the solution to those problems is to cheat? And the same man will claim to be the leader of the family. What type of leader makes stupid decisions like that?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by dilbert100: 11:32am On Nov 28, 2012
...........because .............. no id' better not !! tongue
Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by honeric01(m): 11:34am On Nov 28, 2012
Redmosquito: Minion: Your Sickness! Why do married men cheat?
Hades: How many foods do you eat, Young one?
Minion: Well, my Lord! I eat rice, flesh, sorrow, darkness ....
Hades: Its enough. Now can you eat rice alone for the rest of your life?
Minion: Oh my King! That would be horrible!!Do married men suffer that much?!! shocked

How about this?

Minion: Your healer! why do married women cheat?
Hades: How many food do you eat, young one?
Minion: well, my lord! i eat rice, flesh, sorrow, darkness .....
Hades: it's enough. Now can you eat rice for the rest of your life?
Minion: Oh my Queen, That would be horrible!, Do married women suffer that much?! :0

If it's okay for married men to sleep with multiple women then IT'S OKAY FOR MARRIED WOMEN TO SLEEP WITH MULTIPLE MEN TOO.

Nonsense! angry

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Married Men Cheat? by honeric01(m): 11:35am On Nov 28, 2012

Can you point to the insults? saying the truth the way it is equals insults ni?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Christian Marriage Is Not For Better For Worse......not Biblical / Is Tea Nd Bobo Good For My 11 Months Old Baby / Is It Proper To Make My Wife Next Of Kin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.