Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison (12365 Views)

N11.5bn Fraud: Bishop, Bank MD Remanded In Prison / Driver Remanded In Prison For Touching Neighbour’s Daughter’s Breast / Mother Remanded In Prison For Stabbing 7-year-old Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by Ptimes: 3:38pm On Nov 27, 2012
Justice Olabisi Akinlade of the Lagos High Court, Ikeja, on Tuesday ruled that an alleged serial fraudster, Seun Ogunbambo, continue to stay at the Kirikiri Maximum Security Prison, Lagos.

Mr. Ogunbambo is involved in multiple cases of fraud and is renowned for his ease to assume multiple identities, according to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

The commission is accusing Mr. Ogunbambo, and his company, Adeline Investment Ltd., of fraudulently obtaining a credit facility of over N1.2bn from Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc in 2009.

Mr. Ogunbambo conspired with Olamide Ogunbambo and David Ayodele – both of them at large – to obtain the facility, the commission said.

While fixing trial for January 24th, 2013; Ms. Akinlade said that the defendant did not convince the court that he would not jump bail before the date.

“I’ve gone through the evidence against the defendant, the evidence is quite weighty and serious,” Ms. Akinlade said.

“Also, the claims that the defendant was using different names to procure international passports at different times were not challenged or contradicted; therefore admitted as the truth,” the judge added.

The judge maintained that she would give the trial an accelerated hearing.

The credit facility was granted to Mr. Ogunbambo, after he forged bank statement of Guaranty Trust Bank and Bank PHB, in four tranches – N610m, N230m, N200m and N180m, according to the anti graft agency.

In the bank statements that helped facilitate the fraud, Mr. Ogunbambo claimed that he earns a monthly salary of N5.5m, with an additional N5m per month taking care of his housing allowance, the EFCC added.

When he was arraigned last week, Mr. Ogunbambo pleaded not guilty to all 14 counts and was remanded in prison.

PLEA BARGAIN

At the hearing of the bail application on Tuesday, Adebayo Adenipekun, counsel to Mr. Ogunbambo, said that his client had already refunded N120 million to the bank.

Mr. Adenipekun also told the judge that they have been meeting with the EFCC, as well as Stanbic IBTC, towards a resolution of the matter.

“It is not in dispute that before the arraignment and after the arraignment, the applicant has been meeting the complainant towards the settlement of the matter,” said Mr. Adenipekun, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria.

“The applicant will not only attend trial when the trial commences, he is also taking steps to settle this matter by plea bargaining,” he added.

Ms. Akinlade, however, responded that their meeting is not the matter before the court.

Read more: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/108824-serial-billionaire-fraudster-remanded-in-prison.html
Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 27, 2012
The money is too much ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by Maxymilliano(m): 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2012
Is that not Billyonaire? The dude has been missing in action for a while now. grin

13 Likes

Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by KINGwax(m): 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2012
I love dt dude. Whether criminal or not, i love geniuses!

2 Likes

Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by kuzzieOtiz: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2012
All politicians should be arrested then. cheesy
Leave this genius alone, it's your fault if you get fooled by him. grin
Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by ebamma3: 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2012
I refuse to comment
Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 27, 2012
Bla bla, only the small fish get tried and convicted while the real economic saboteurs get tried for eternity.

1 Like

Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by kelsonpoint(m): 8:43pm On Nov 27, 2012
Don't really no wat to post but I just felt like typing grin

1 Like

Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2012
kuzzieOtiz: All politicians should be arrested then. cheesy
Leave this genius alone, it's your fault if you get fooled by him. grin

True talk.What happened to bank-bank information? Stanbic should have investigated his account history with GTB.
Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by Iaz93: 8:53pm On Nov 27, 2012
kels on point: Don't really no wat to post but I just felt like typing grin
you try
Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by chreldb(m): 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2012
But is there no procedure in place for Stanbic IBTC to have verified and confirmed the authencity of the bank statements presented to them by the man? Is obtaining a loan of 1.2 billion really that easy that all you have to do is show some paper documents containing forged bank statements. Something is fishy here.

1 Like

Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by LYNDDY(f): 8:56pm On Nov 27, 2012
someone is an unrepentant criminal and u guys r calling him genius,y dont u guys call a spade a spade and stop being a hypocrite.

20 Likes

Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by mrsmiriam: 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2012
gudluck and his cabinet would ve been arresed before arresting him, though its a bad reputation for our nation and stealing by tricks.
Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2012
Nigerian mentality.

Blame everyone else but the thief.

..."he's a small thief", "why can't they catch the politicians", " the thief is a genius", the bank should have done this or that.

Frankly everytime I come to this site, I leave feeling less intelligent

11 Likes

Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by GeneralGaricks: 9:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
Hope no be our own Billyonaire

Ahhh, i for wonder...
Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by wissezy: 9:10pm On Nov 27, 2012
Wow... That man is too much!!!
Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by GeneralGaricks: 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2012
moreeni:

True talk.What happened to bank-bank information? Stanbic should have investigated his account history with GTB.

These banks antagonize eachother. There is no way one bank will know the account turnover of a customer in a second bank. Even when bank 'A' writes bank 'B', the response will be sketchy and wont carry weight. Something like, ''yes he has been our customer for 5yrs''. ''This information is without liability on our institution''. Such crap.
Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by dejiyusuf: 9:19pm On Nov 27, 2012
Omo See scamming on a large scale!!! shocked
Where is my good friend Biliyonire smiley
Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by dejiyusuf: 9:21pm On Nov 27, 2012
WinkWrld: YORUBA,,,,,
Watin do yoruba? Bloody tribalistic cow...

1 Like

Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by PalmTree(m): 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2012
Moodie: Nigerian mentality.

Blame everyone else but the thief.

..."he's a small thief", "why can't they catch the politicians", " the thief is a genius", the bank should have done this or that.

Frankly everytime I come to this site, I leave feeling less intelligent

Maybe you shouldn't come again.
Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by ignis: 9:31pm On Nov 27, 2012
KINGwax: I love dt dude. Whether criminal or not, i love geniuses!
How sure are we that you are not a criminal, since you love criminals.

1 Like

Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by DANILSA(m): 9:33pm On Nov 27, 2012
JOKES APART BILLIONAIRE IS MISSING angry lipsrsealed
Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2012
Dude is a young man.

Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by dejiyusuf: 9:40pm On Nov 27, 2012
PalmTree:

Maybe you shouldn't come again.
Yeah..seconded by me!
Re: Serial Billionaire ‘Fraudster’ Remanded In Prison by JoeBatters: 9:43pm On Nov 27, 2012
This man with 3 different Nigerian passports,I won't b surprised if he has dual citizenship. This guy is very slippery, African James Bond. A dull person can neva think like dat...if dem give am chance na 2 change face remain. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Arrests 3 Over The Murder Of UNIBEN Lecturer / NDLEA Arraigns Abba Kyari, Six Others Over Drug Trafficking / Nigerian National Arrested With 160gm Of Heroin In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.