Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,297 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money (128703 Views)

Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open / Monie Management / Mobile Monie:first Monie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexyl(m): 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
Let's Discuss First Bank Mobile Money(first Monie)

PLs let us hear from you if you have been using this product. They have different categories of agents to help facilitate transactions. You do not need to open account with them to use the service, Everything is processed through your mobile phone and the mobile number becomes your mobile account. You can send money to anyone with mobile phone even if he has not registered, and also very easy to receive cash into your acct or by hand at the First Bank ATMs or from their agents. Aside this you can pay your bills and top-up your mobile credit. Now,

What it takes to be an agent and what makes the categories?

What is the agent's commission?

What is the transaction Charge related to each direction of the transaction?

Let's hear from you

2 Likes

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexyl(m): 3:42pm On Dec 02, 2012
Payoneer for secure online transactions

I'd really like to recommend Payoneer to you. It's a great way for professionals and small businesses to get paid by companies abroad. Sign up now and we both get $25 FREE once you receive $100 in payments!

http://share.payoneer-affiliates.com/v2/share/6133195885143897704
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Debesther: 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2012
i am very much interested in this topic,i beg guys make una talk
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by bemagnify: 9:45am On Dec 04, 2012
Also involv!

1 Like

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexyl(m): 4:54am On Dec 05, 2012
Debesther: i am very much interested in this topic,i beg guys make una talk
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexyl(m): 8:30am On Dec 15, 2012
check out http://samrotix..com.ng/2016/03/mobile-money-mobile-banking-embrace.html?m=1 to register and subscribe to mobile money
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Gudwil: 3:13pm On Jan 06, 2013
I have applied to be an agent of FirstMonie mobile money but I'm yet confirmation. After the confirmation there is going to training. Though I have started to do online research about mobile money generally.

3 Likes

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Rexyl(m): 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2013
waiting responses pls
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by dav8id(m): 6:41pm On Feb 12, 2013
I've being using it but not as an agent.i'll use it to send money and also recieve money. but i will go to bank 2omorow and confirm that.

1 Like

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Abiolabalogun(m): 9:40am On Feb 13, 2013
I have register as classic agent since dec 30th bt one of d frst bank officia i knw still telling me dey ar still working on it.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by iPublicizeNaija: 11:14am On Feb 25, 2013
I have personally used first monie to pay for my dstv and send money to people and i can tell you that it works well
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 25, 2013
I dey chop Kuli Kuli. . . . make una join me oo
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Abujafood: 12:38pm On Feb 25, 2013
Following this thread cautiously!
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by jpphilips(m): 12:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
Rexyl: Let's Discuss First Bank Mobile Money(first Monie)

PLs let us hear from you if you have been using this product. They have different categories of agents to help facilitate transactions. You do not need to open account with them to use the service, Everything is processed through your mobile phone and the mobile number becomes your mobile account. You can send money to anyone with mobile phone even if he has not registered, and also very easy to receive cash into your acct or by hand at the First Bank ATMs or from their agents. Aside this you can pay your bills and top-up your mobile credit. Now,

Let's hear from you

you just beat me to it, i was about opening a thread on this subject matter this morning

FBN sent me a message saying that from 11th of feb 2013, all transfers to other banks below 500k will attract #105 while above will attract #150. it was 47 naira before now across board.

i have not gotten any similar notice from my other banks, which leads me to believe that it is not an across board directive from the CBN.

FBN is trying to set a precedence that will be worse than the ATM saga, we are talking about above 150/105naira multiplied by total transactions per day, this is absurd.

the CBN Gov. convinced Nigerians that the Need to go cashless was permuted to reduce cash transfer risk and logistics charges including cost of printing notes, FBN this month has turned it into an avenue to extort customers.

the internet infrastructure we use to facilitate those transactions are being maintained in part by both the customers and the bank.

this defeats the cashless policy of the CBN and it is more worrisome why the CBN boss is keeping quiet.

if we save money for the govt for printing less cash, cash handling charges, security etc, the least they should do is to charge less on those transactions.because we bear a brunt in the internet infrastructure

for a transfer from an FBN maintained current account, you are charged COT per tramnsaction, charged alert on the transaction(which i have noticed in recent time is higher than other banks), charge you inter bank transfer rate, charge you VAT on COT and sundry vats.

amidst this jamboree on your account, they hardly pay a reasonable interest on savings account.

what the new policy entails is that for every 1,000 naira you transfer from your FBN maintained current account to another bank (after paying for your internet),
you lose another

173 naira,above 10% of my transaction worth? God help you if you transfer above 500k. Now if you dare transfer 1million naira or 500k on POS, kai! your account will squeeze face immediately.

what good reason does first bank have for these arbitrary charges? cost of cash handling over the internet? cost of printing e currency?

imagine charging me VAT on COT? VAT on the money you are making from my money shouldn't it be the other way round?
why not charge VAT on SMS charge?

FBN are the latest thieves in town, im putting those accounts on hold pending when those Agbero in Suit realize that making money is not easy in Naija.

the most annoying of it all are salary accounts where you have to transfer to 50staff at a time, the bank charges alone is enough to hire an extra staff. Nonsense!!!

12 Likes

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by tefund(m): 12:44pm On Feb 25, 2013
Rexyl: Let's Discuss First Bank Mobile Money(first Monie)

Let's hear from you

ihave not used it..will try it out soon
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Temismith(f): 12:46pm On Feb 25, 2013
No idea
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by chynabest(m): 12:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
Pls u guys shud tel us how it works and how to use
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by swtcharissa(f): 12:48pm On Feb 25, 2013
Gudwil: I have applied to be an agent of FirstMonie mobile money but I'm yet confirmation. After the confirmation there is going to training. Though I have started to do online research about mobile money generally.
I hope they won't give ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ an interview...

1 Like

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Regiblinkz(m): 12:49pm On Feb 25, 2013
Just hearing about it...it seems cool though
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by anitank(f): 12:57pm On Feb 25, 2013
I think u need to have some sort of application on ur phone. They tried sending the app to my phone the day I opened an account with them but it didn't work. Don't know why
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Bluediamond1(f): 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
Following
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by miqos02(m): 1:04pm On Feb 25, 2013
ehhm.... i dey follow
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by dharreyflap: 1:05pm On Feb 25, 2013
SimonAndal:
_
Wicked! cheesy
Welcome to FUOYE

The Federal University Oye-Ekiti is a Federal University of Nigeria poised to take education to the next level not only in sub-saharan Africa but indeed to the rest of the world. Established in 2011, offers students from all backgrounds degrees in Agriculture, Engineering and Sciences as well as Arts/Humanities. for more details click here http://ecampus.fuoye.edu.ng/
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by Scarpon(m): 1:07pm On Feb 25, 2013
I don't use first bank so how will I know ??
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by gonzaga: 1:19pm On Feb 25, 2013
DELETED
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by HAH: 1:29pm On Feb 25, 2013
Shy lock nature of our bank will not make this noble idea which very successful in east africa to fail in Nigeria.

I don't know why banks have emphasis on charges when they make even more money on the float they enjoy with the money saved by you in the account, for goodness sake the amount time and energy spent on transferring 1000 and 1 billion are the same it it not same punching of keyboard.

A real banker should concentrate on asset creation and liability generation, transaction charges should be down played in order to encourage saving which is more beneficial to the bank in the long run.

5 Likes

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by babaijo(m): 1:32pm On Feb 25, 2013
Let me phone a friend...

1 Like

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by jpphilips(m): 1:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
gonzaga: Hello all, I am personally pleased that someone is bringing up this topic. I am going to address this issue from an informed perspective as this is currently my desk in the bank. Mobile money generally means; banking on your mobile phone. It allows you to send money, receive money, do airtime top-up, bill payments and bank transfers. These functionalities listed are for Ecobank mobile money.

The agents are all those who offer mobile money services outside the banking halls. They could be supermarkets, pharmacy, recharge card vendors etc. The main transactions an agent performs are; wallet cash-in (deposit), wallet cash-out(withdrawal) redeem(unregistered user cash-out). As an agent, you earn commission for all the transactions you do on Ecobank mobile money. Mobile money is available to all those who own mobile phones at no registration cost.

To register for Ecobank mobile money, you dial *326# on your glo, etisalat or airtel. It will take you through an interactive registration process. Once registered, you can effectively do the listed.The fastest selling functionality on Mobile money generally is the air-time top-up. Airtime top-up allows you to top-up your line or send airtime to any other line. Very soon, card production by telcos would greatly reduce and eventually frizzle out. This they say will help them in reducing current call tariffs. This means that all those currently engaged in recharge card business must as a matter of urgency, look for ways to become agents. This will allow them to have a business when recharge card selling becomes obsolete.

If you imagine how the=N=20 call centers frizzled out as soon as the per sec billing was turned on, you will have an idea of what will happen to those currently engaged in recharge card business when mobile money eventually takes root. The agency concept is another way employment can be generated as it affords agents the opportunity to earn commissions.

For further enquiries on Ecobank mobile money,clarifications or questions, do feel free to call me on 07045304537.

The future is mobile, don't be left out!!

Always convinient to skip the charges it attracts

4 Likes

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by fyneconcepts: 1:35pm On Feb 25, 2013
I don't use first money but I use zenith banks eazymoney the functions and modus of operation is similar to what rexyl described. U can use it as banked or unbanked. For unbanked u don't need a bank account all u need is ur mobile fone. Get registered by visiting customers service unit of any zenith bank branch or their website.

U can do this using any type of fone. U don't necessarily have to download an app. There are three was of doing this on ur fone. 1. By downloading an app this is java based for Internet connected fones. 2. Via simple tool kit (stk)this option is currently only available for visa fone and etisalat subscribers and u don't need to be Internet connected. The eazymoney money menu will be pushed to ur simple card. 3. Ussd: this operates via a sending sms to a short code. No Internet connection required. The code is *966# and is available on mtn and airtel for now.

The best part of this product for me is the ability to send money to anyone's fone number Wethers the person is an eazymoney member or not. Jst take the code sent to u to the nearest zenith bank or ATM (WIP for atm)and collect ya money

Said quite a lot already visit www.eazymoney.com.ng for more info

1 Like

Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by cecegorz(m): 1:43pm On Feb 25, 2013
Why not check out www.firstmonie.com for a start.
Re: First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money by HAH: 1:45pm On Feb 25, 2013
My people please don't be fooled by the banks that you don't need an account . Where will the money being transferred come from? The air or what, one definitely need an account to receive and make transfer from any platform unless the bankers use some jargons to confuse you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Ship Goods From 1688 To Nigeria,sell Online Without Physically Seeing It / *****world Currencies The Naira Is Bigger Than***** / Truexgold Nairaland Customer Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.