Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,048 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 (12413 Views)

Islamic Angels Are Wiser / Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) / Why Are There So Many Inconsistencies Between Mathew And Luke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by joe4christ(m): 5:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
Luke 16:8 if you can open your bible to that verse said ''the people of the world are wiser than the people of God'' which got me confused, 'how can that be' has ever since then been my question.
Can someone more knowledgable please explain what you understood by that scripture?
Cos i cannot imagine atheists, agnostics and all unbeleivers being wiser than me when the bible clearly said i have the mind of christ which is the mind of wisdom and knowledge.
Please share your revelation on this.
Thanks!
Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by seyibrown(f): 5:39pm On Nov 27, 2012
... wiser in the way of the world! They know how their worldy system works better than you the 'outsider'.

2 Likes

Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by plaetton: 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2012
He He hE He.

A confused christian?.
What else is new.

NB:
@joe4christ.
That is a good sign. Your inner spirit is beginning to stir and agitate.
I am sensing, in your future, a rebellion and a mad dash to the exit door in a quest for the fresh airs of mental sovereignty .
Good luck
lol.

10 Likes

Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by Goshen360(m): 6:34pm On Nov 27, 2012
@ Joe,

Straight up to the point - What you have in the four Gospels is fully developed or further amplified and expanded in the epistles by men who followed Christ as Apostles. There are kinds of wisdom and besides, when Christ said those words, it was still under the Old Testament. The wisdom that Christ talked about is expanded in James 3:15,

New International Version (©1984)
Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, [and] of the devil.

New Living Translation (©2007)
For jealousy and selfishness are not God's kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and demonic.

So when Jesus said, "Children of this world...", it mean the kind of wisdom attributed to them is of the world, that is earthly wisdom. But we (Christians) are NOT of the world because we are the "called out" of the world even though we live in the world.

In the NT, believers have God's kind of wisdom if asked for,

New Living Translation (©2007)
But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere. And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness.
- James 3:17-18

And,

New International Version (©1984)
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. - James 1:5

1 Like

Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by advocate666: 7:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
Ah, Joe. Even your bible is telling you that there is greater wisdom in the world than the wisdom of the religious.
Seek it out, bros.

1 Like

Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by tpia1: 8:57am On Nov 28, 2012
what the bible says is be wise as serpents.

there's no excuse for naivete, if you're an experienced christian.

1 Like

Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by tpia1: 9:01am On Nov 28, 2012
joe4christ: Luke 16:8 if you can open your bible to that verse said ''the people of the world are wiser than the people of God'' which got me confused, 'how can that be' has ever since then been my question.
Can someone more knowledgable please explain what you understood by that scripture?
Cos i cannot imagine atheists, agnostics and all unbeleivers being wiser than me when the bible clearly said i have the mind of christ which is the mind of wisdom and knowledge.
Thanks!

here's the exact verse

For the people of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than are the people of the light.

niv version.

are you still confused?

2 Likes

Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by joe4christ(m): 3:03am On Nov 30, 2012
plaetton: He He hE He.

A confused christian?.
What else is new.

NB:
@joe4christ.
I am sensing, in your future, a rebellion and a mad dash to the exit door in a quest for mental sovereignty .
Good luck
lol.

Are u kidding me?
Not in your wildest immagination would that happen, if following christ is foolishness to you and your cohort, then i would rather die believing Jesus than living my life with no hope at all.
Hopelessness is what i tag it.
Well i've tasted of God through Jesus and i can testify of the fact that he is good and alive forever more, even satan knows he is, so keep deceiving yourself, the end always justifies all.
Let's wait then and see!

3 Likes

Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by joe4christ(m): 3:08am On Nov 30, 2012
tpia1:

here's the exact verse

For the people of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than are the people of the light.

niv version.

are you still confused?

yea thanks, i think this version of the bible explains it better.
Thanks alot guys!
Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by advocate666: 9:27am On Nov 30, 2012
joe4christ:

yea thanks, i think this version of the bible explains it better.
Thanks alot guys!

I have an even better version for those that really seek to be fully brainwashed.

For sinners in the world are very wicked in their dealing with fellow sinners than are the righteous.

Are you happy now?
Sleep easy. Christianity is love. lipsrsealed
Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by Image123(m): 5:21pm On Nov 30, 2012
Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by tpia1: 7:28pm On Nov 30, 2012
advocate666:

I have an even better version for those that really seek to be fully brainwashed.

For sinners in the world are very wicked in their dealing with fellow sinners than are the righteous.

Are you happy now?
Sleep easy. Christianity is love. lipsrsealed

what's your point?
Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by destinedtee(m): 7:45pm On Nov 30, 2012
joe4christ:

Are u kidding me?
Not in your wildest immagination would that happen, if following christ is foolishness to you and your cohort, then i would rather die believing Jesus than living my life with no hope at all.
Well i've tasted of God through Jesus and i can testify of the fact that he is good and alive forever more, even satan knows he is, so keep deceiving yourself, the end always justifies all.
Let's wait then and see!
u can say that again bro...Jesus till i die...Jesus for life...Dont mind those atheists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by pastormustwacc: 7:49pm On Nov 30, 2012
King Solomon asked God for wisdom. . .daniel was wiser than all the magicians in the land.

1 Like

Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by joe4christ(m): 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2012
pastormustwacc: King Solomon asked God for wisdom. . .daniel was wiser than all the magicians in the land.

What's your point Mr?
Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by pastormustwacc: 11:45pm On Nov 30, 2012
joe4christ:

What's your point Mr?
That unbelievers might not be necessarily wiser than us. Joseph was able to get wisdom from God concerning the famine that was coming.

A christian can access a lot of power including increase in wisdom through prayers, so wisdom of unbelievers should not bother a christian in any way.
Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by Image123(m): 11:54pm On Nov 30, 2012
joe4christ: Luke 16:8 if you can open your bible to that verse said ''the people of the world are wiser than the people of God'' which got me confused, 'how can that be' has ever since then been my question.
Thanks!

Luk 16:8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

The children of this world are in their generation wiser. It means among other things, that, the children of this world are smarter than believers in earthly things. In their generation, in what they do, in their living. It means they believe fully in what they are doing. they are committed, they are die-hards, unlike many believers. The life of believers is often a shadow of what its truly supposed to be if there is indeed a God. They do not live like there is a God, unlike unbelievers. Even where unbelievers serve idols, you can see the commitment, the regard, the dedication. They believe in the things of this world, and they pursue it. Unlike believers who believe on things above but don't live like it.
Also, it means that the children of this world are smarter on this plain than believers. you cannot beat them in their game. Believers are strangers in this world, unlike the children of the world who own the place as it were. If you drag with them, and they drag with you, na you go lose something in the end. you'll lose your salvation, your patience, probably want to bribe to have an edge. He will out-cheat you, out-corrupt, out-smart, out-do you.

Mat 5:25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, while thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
Mat 5:26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

You can't compete really except you are ready to play dirty, compromise etc. Its like someone in a nice white wedding dress struggling with one in a deranged woman's robe. It's not talking about classroom intelligence or godly wisdom. It's the wisdom of this world, the survival instict earthly wisdom.

3 Likes

Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by advocate666: 12:23am On Dec 01, 2012
tpia1:

what's your point?

My point is that if a translated version of the bible doesn't suit some people, they make up their own version with a different meaning. So in the end, the bible can say and mean whatever you want it to say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by tpia1: 12:28am On Dec 01, 2012
Which version did you quote, or were you making stuff up.

The bible is translated from ancient greek.

Of course there's no copyright on it but i dont suppose explaining these things to you will make any sense and may actually further endanger the planet.
Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by seyibrown(f): 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2012
Image123:

Luk 16:8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

The children of this world are in their generation wiser. It means among other things, that, the children of this world are smarter than believers in earthly things. In their generation, in what they do, in their living. It means they believe fully in what they are doing. they are committed, they are die-hards, unlike many believers. The life of believers is often a shadow of what its truly supposed to be if there is indeed a God. They do not live like there is a God, unlike unbelievers. Even where unbelievers serve idols, you can see the commitment, the regard, the dedication. They believe in the things of this world, and they pursue it. Unlike believers who believe on things above but don't live like it.
Also, it means that the children of this world are smarter on this plain than believers. you cannot beat them in their game. Believers are strangers in this world, unlike the children of the world who own the place as it were. If you drag with them, and they drag with you, na you go lose something in the end. you'll lose your salvation, your patience, probably want to bribe to have an edge. He will out-cheat you, out-corrupt, out-smart, out-do you.

Mat 5:25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, while thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
Mat 5:26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

You can't compete really except you are ready to play dirty, compromise etc. Its like someone in a nice white wedding dress struggling with one in a deranged woman's robe. It's not talking about classroom intelligence or godly wisdom. It's the wisdom of this world, the survival instict earthly wisdom.

Well put ....

1 Like

Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 03, 2012
lolololol.

Bunch of christards here.

Wisdom is gotten through learning, experience and hard-work not the bible.

So, Joe, if you want to be wise, go and learn.

BTW, have you noticed that a lot of scientists and professors are atheists?

2 Likes

Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by joe4christ(m): 11:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
Logicboy03: lolololol.

Bunch of christards here.

Wisdom is gotten through learning, experience and hard-work not the bible.

So, Joe, if you want to be wise, go and learn.

[size=15pt]BTW, have you noticed that a lot of scientists and professors are atheists?[/size]

Gross Lie of the highest order.
For your information mr logicboy those atheists are actually satanists in reality, you mere atheists are like puppets to them.
I know you would have difficulties beleiving me but my question is:
Why have'nt you as an atheist, ''a passionate one for that matter'' invented something new as they did?
Or is your brain of lower capability
This shows you there is more to those geneous than your shallow mind can fathom, but i'm more enlightened and that's why i could know so much. Beleive me!!!
Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 04, 2012
joe4christ:

For your information mr logicboy those atheists are actually satanists in reality, you mere atheists are like puppets to them.

[size=18pt]Why have'nt you as an atheist, ''a passionate one for that matter'' invented something new as they did?[/size]

This shows you there is more to those geneous than your shallow mind can fathom, but i'm more enlightened and that's why i could know so much. Beleive me!!!

Your question is meaningless. It is irrelevant if I invented something or not.

Get some logic fluid bro, your brain is leaking! grin

2 Likes

Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by joe4christ(m): 4:35pm On Dec 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

Your question is meaningless. It is irrelevant if I invented something or not.

Get some logic fluid bro, your brain is leaking! grin

You're just a puppet in the hands of those Godfathers of yours mr logicboy03.

The problem now is, you're not really logical in reasoning!
Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 04, 2012
joe4christ:

Sayeth the Jewish slave that believes anything his white masters tell him. His masters have told him that he is the descendant of two people with Hebrew names who were the first people on earth and he believes such a lie.

I am no puppet and I worship no one. You are a jewish slave to a jewish religion.

1 Like

Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by pastormustwacc: 10:22pm On Dec 04, 2012
joe4christ:

So it took you this long to reach that conclusion? He choses the I.D hoping it will help him to maintain balance!
Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 04, 2012
pastormustwacc:
So it took you this long to reach that conclusion? He choses the I.D hoping it will help him to maintain balance!

When did you join the list of haters?
Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by pastormustwacc: 7:29am On Dec 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

When did you join the list of haters?
o no, i am no hater of anyone, you got the wrong guy. I merely state things as i see them (if i am wrong, then i get corrected).
Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 05, 2012
pastormustwacc:
o no, i am no hater of anyone, you got the wrong guy. I merely state things as i see them (if i am wrong, then i get corrected).

lol
Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by stephendamsoho: 5:10pm On Mar 05, 2018
plaetton:
He He hE He.

A confused christian?.
What else is new.

NB:
@joe4christ.
I am sensing, in your future, a rebellion and a mad dash to the exit door in a quest for the fresh airs of mental sovereignty .
Good luck
lol.

Your prophecy came to pass!
Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by stephendamsoho: 5:11pm On Mar 05, 2018
joe4christ:

Are u kidding me?
Let's wait then and see!

How do you feel about this now?
Re: Are Unbeleivers Really Wiser Than Us? - Luke 16:8 by stephendamsoho: 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2018
joe4christ:

Why have'nt you as an atheist, ''a passionate one for that matter'' invented something new as they did?

Plaetton, Humanistme, Adepeter2027, Randomperson, Ranchhoddas, Wirinet, hopefulLandlord

If the person I quoted can become an atheist.......... there's still hope for people like Analice107, Emmanystone, ishilove, lightblazingnow, Originalkalokalo etc

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Alex Omokudu Of Victorious Pentecoastal Assembly London Remarried / Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always / Apocalyptic End Time Begins In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.