Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? (30372 Views)

An Islamic View on Solar and Lunar Eclipse / What's The Islamic Rule On 'istimna' (masturbation)?? / What is the Islamic Ruling On Taking Insurance Policies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by Journey1: 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2012
Anvaller:

[b]Hey heeey heeey stop there dude... U see there is a big problem if I look at 90% of we muslims of the world and what we have turned Islam to. It is really disheartening. Who told u that A muslim man is permitted to marry 4 wives? Have you not been brainwashed into misunderstanding the intention of God almighty in the verse where he was giving instruction only to custodians of orphans in the Quran? And even at that, conditions were still attached and that "...if the pressure of taking care of the orphans would be too much for you, you may marry 2 or 3 or 4" in principle, to have mother figures for them and that would be depending on the number of orphan u have adopted. Now, are you a custodian of orphan? or can u point to any other verse in the Quran that gives express permission for u to do so apart from that that I have mentioned here? Why are u not referring to numerous other verses in the Quran that actually discourages hurting our wives? how many wives are not hurt when their husbands arbitrarily go marry another wives?

Since u are not particularly laying ur claim on the basis of Hadith I would leave it at this but if u do so then I would handle this argument from that perspective.

To refer to the OP's question, do not bother yourself too much, what u have to do is look deep into the Quran and see what are the provisions from God to get married as a muslim, you would find out that it is very simple and unambiguous. I could have stated the verses here but I want you to do it yourself. Whatever you have seen is what u have to do if u would follow the path of God. Now for some elaborate sense, because of the desire of we humans to do things elaborately even if its unnecessary, many muslim friends and relatives would present you with different rules of a muslim marriage, well, do not discard them but rather, u may tabulate those rules against what the God decreed in the Quran and any one that aligns with what u have in the Quran, u may accept and adopt it and any one that goes against what God decreed in the Quran should be discarded completely. Otherwise, you would end doing some practice which is not of God but wrongly attributed to God. At that, u have transgressed. Be aware!!! If many muslims do certain thing that u disagree with based on ur new understanding from ur findings in the Quran, it shouldn't bother you for God did not ask you to believe in muslims but Islam. The path to true ISLAM is solely in the Quran and when u follow it sincerely, u are a muslim.[/b]

PLEASE DON'T TALK WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE. ALSO DON'T TRANSLATE THE QUARAN BASED ON YOUR DESIRES. I advice you to read tafsir ibn kathir for better explanation of the Quaran.

1 Like

Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by lekzy007(m): 1:43pm On Nov 28, 2012
nusirat: Court marriage is not permissible under islamic injunction, so far two of you are muslim, and follow the sunaah Of Prophet Muhammad, PBHM, also there is surah which say let believer married believer and Adulterer marries Adulteress, if this is follow you will not need to go court before you trust each other, also court marriage revolve round the property sharing which has already taking care by Quran.

Thanks for ur contribution..
Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by Anvaller: 1:55pm On Nov 28, 2012
Journey1:

PLEASE DON'T TALK WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE. ALSO DON'T TRANSLATE THE QUARAN BASED ON YOUR DESIRES. I advice you to read tafsir ibn kathir for better explanation of the Quaran.

How do u gain ur own knowledge of the Quran? Not by reading and understanding the Quran itself but by reading tafsir ibn kathir? U must be joking!
Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by Frostyzone(m): 1:58pm On Nov 28, 2012
acidtalk:

You can NEVER modernize, upgrade or adjust the Laws of Allah irrespective of what millenium, century or generation.

Allah's laws cannot be comapred or adjusted to mix with man made laws.
Really? So that's why Islam still practices stoning, whip flogging, amputation of body parts, in a century that no longer condones the barbarism just so they can prove a point?!
If such is the case, then it's of little wonder Muslims hate the west and technology so much, because in their minds both must be threatening the significance of their faith.
Mod, you can hide my post again if you want. I will simply post another one later on.

2 Likes

Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by abdul4hire: 2:01pm On Nov 28, 2012
may the peace and blessings be upon the prophet and all those who tread his path till judgement day.

If i may humbly correct/add.

1. @ OP Islam doesnt have a view,Scholars or people can have views or opinions.Islam has rulings that are legislated by Allah, to be obeyed by mankind. smiley

2. There are rules and conditions to a marriage, though there might be differences in opinion between scholars, there are certain conditions that must be met in the sharia.

3.ANY court that stipulates conditions that contradicts the sharia will simply be thrown away,like punishments if marrying more than one wife or sharing of wealth other than way of sharia.
And it is not fit for any muslim to subscribe to these kind of courts xcept by compulsion known as daroorat in Islam,which should only be declared by those in authority or possess the greatest knowledge in the land i.e if the situation necessitates subscribing to these kind of court(marriage contract).

4.Whoever ever is compelled to make this contradicting contract should bear in mind these words of the prophet SAW ;that whoever accepts the ruling of a judge knowing that it contradicts the sunnah and sharia has eating a part of hell fire....cnt remember clearly or sumtin like this. May Allah guide us all and Allah knows best.
all praise is due to Allah,there is no God other than him,May he forgive us and accept our repentance to him.

2 Likes

Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by abdul4hire: 2:15pm On Nov 28, 2012
If I may add;
Muslims are enjoined by the last of prophets sent to mankind to reply those who oppose Islam with what is better. i.e better speech which the highest degree of manners. It is not fit for a muslim to defend Islam by insulting or using condescending attitude. Abeg Allah no send any body that kind defense oh!
If one is pained by attacks against Islam,which one should be anyways, it should be corrected with the best of manners and/or reported to those with authority to correct or totally ignored and Allah knows best.
Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by tbaba1234: 2:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
Journey1:

Thanks for the response, jazakAllahu khairan

I was just about to respond to it. People giving religious opinions without a correct understanding can misguide many.
Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by Anvaller: 2:24pm On Nov 28, 2012
Frostyzone:
Really? So that's why Islam still practices stoning, whip flogging, amputation of body parts, in a century that no longer condones the barbarism just so they can prove a point?!
If such is the case, then it's of little wonder Muslims hate the west and technology so much, because in their minds both must be threatening the significance of their faith.
Mod, you can hide my post again if you want. I will simply post another one later on.

U are likely not a muslim from ur post but it's ok I just wanna refer to ur comment to clarify some things. The point is that virtually all the ills that are associated with Islam stoning to death and so on is established through sharia. And so the question is what is the basis for Sharia in the Quran? The bulk of all the rules are formulated from Hadiths and Sunnah and the very least of the rules aligns with God's instructions in the Quran. Did God establish any bases for an overbearing rule which will be "sharia" apart from the laws that are embedded in the Quran? The answer is No. Anyone who wants to challenge this should come up with proves to substantiate it. Sadly, we Muslims of today pay the most attention to Hadith, Sunnah, and accept Fatwah from scholars that have arrogated status of a partner of God to themselves. This scholars prohibit what God have not prohibited and allows what God have dissallowed, arrogating partnership to God is a big sin. Then when a muslim criticize certain logics in Sharia as against commonsense and even the logic of the Quran, they would say u have criticized the Law of God. How can it be a Law of God when in fact it is not written by God and in reality, it contradicts severally the laws which is actually written by God? I would advice muslims to rediscover their faith in Islam before it's too late.
Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by Anvaller: 2:34pm On Nov 28, 2012
tbaba1234:

Thanks for the response, jazakAllahu khairan

I was just about to respond to it. People giving religious opinions without a correct understanding can misguide many.

If u sincerely think that I want to mislead many, why are u silent about it? If u think that I have no knowledge and I have misunderstood, why not bring forth your onw knowledge and understanding. And let's discuss it for God knows who is with or without knowledge because HE is All Knowing. What if u are indeed the one without knowledge?
Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by Frostyzone(m): 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2012
Anvaller:

U are likely not a muslim from ur post but it's ok I just wanna refer to ur comment to clarify some things. The point is that virtually all the ills that are associated with Islam stoning to death and so on is established through sharia. And so the question is what is the basis for Sharia in the Quran? The bulk of all the rules are formulated from Hadiths and Sunnah and the very least of the rules aligns with God's instructions in the Quran. Did God establish any bases for an overbearing rule which will be "sharia" apart from the laws that are embedded in the Quran? The answer is No. Anyone who wants to challenge this should come up with proves to substantiate it. Sadly, we Muslims of today pay the most attention to Hadith, Sunnah, and accept Fatwah from scholars that have arrogated status of a partner of God to themselves. This scholars prohibit what God have not prohibited and allows what God have dissallowed, arrogating partnership to God is a big sin. Then when a muslim criticize certain logics in Sharia as against commonsense and even the logic of the Quran, they would say u have criticized the Law of God. How can it be a Law of God when in fact it is not written by God and in reality, it contradicts severally the laws which is actually written by God? I would advice muslims to rediscover their faith in Islam before it's too late.

*Scratches head*
Ehmm....what's your point exactly..??
Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by Anvaller: 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2012
Frostyzone:
*Scratches head*
Ehmm....what's your point exactly..??

My point is so straightforward, U have criticised Sahria as being a factor that pitched the muslims against the west and technology and I am pointing out the irony of how Sharia is in fact of no significance but unfortunately highly revered by most of muslims of today. How did that happen is a looong story.
Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by maclatunji: 2:57pm On Nov 28, 2012
Anvaller:

My point is so straightforward, U have criticised Sahria as being a factor that pitched the muslims against the west and technology and I am pointing out the irony of how Sharia is in fact of no significance but unfortunately highly revered by most of muslims of today. How did that happen is a looong story.

You are derailing the thread. Kindly create a thread for your thoughts or desist from derailing.

Thank you.
Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by Anvaller: 3:03pm On Nov 28, 2012
maclatunji:

You are derailing the thread. Kindly create a thread for your thoughts or desist from derailing.

Thank you.

I sincerely apologize for that, I am sorry, in fact I am signing out.
Thanks.
Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by bigmanahmad: 5:51pm On Nov 28, 2012
Bismillah
IN ADDITION TO WHAT ''TBABA'' POSTED PREVIOUSLY
In other to answer this question, we must know the meaning of the following; WALI; MARRIAGE CONTRACT (nikah); SHARIAH court.
For a marriage to be valid, there has to be a WALI (guardian i.e. male member of the family...NOT FEMALE..starting from the father)
NIKKAH IS THE MARRIAGE CONTRACT...A CONTRACT BETWEEN THE HUSBAND AND WIFE...(you do not need a civil court to prevent your husband from marrying more than one if he agrees....you just have to indicate it in your contract)
“O you who believe! When you contract a debt for a fixed period, write it down”
“And get two witnesses out of your own men.”
“But take witnesses whenever you make a commercial contract”
[al-Baqarah 2:282]
There are several interests to be served by documenting marriage, such as the following:

1 – Preserving the wife’s rights, such as proof of the delayed portion of the mahr, recording the conditions stipulated by her, and allowing her to take her share of inheritance from her husband and children.

2 – Proof of her children’s parentage from her and their father.

3 – Prevention of another marriage contract being done for her when she is married to another husband.

4 – Preserving the husband’s rights, as the mahr that the wife received is recorded.

5 – Preventing the husband from marrying more than four women.

IN NIGERIA,THERE ARE RECOGNIZED SHARIAH COURT THAT CAN OVERSEE YOUR NIKKAH ACCORDING TO SHARIAH...
Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by bigmanahmad: 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2012
IN SHORT, YOU ARE A ''QURAN ONLY MUSLIM'' ...HOW DO YOU PRAY IF I MAY ASK.

And We have sent down to you (MUHAMMAD) the Message, that you may explain clearly to the people what is sent for them",
DID YOU MEET THE PROPHET s.a.w? IF YOU DID, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE A NEED FOR ''HADITH AND SUNNAH'' BUT SINCE YOU DID NOT....YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO LEARN OF THE SAYINGS AND DEEDS OF THE PROPHET..
Anvaller:

Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by usisky(m): 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2012

Peace onto everybody!

I think there's absolutely nothing wrong in court marriages or marriages registered in courts as long as God is observed. The laws in the Qur'an are dynamic and accommodates all societies regardless of the era. And by observing God ,i meant to say none of the Qur'anic laws concerning marriage or otherwise are breached.

Apart from all of God's laws in the Qur'an that all true believers must follow, they have to also be law abiding citizens and do whatever is legally required by their country of citizenship/residence, so it's important to know this beforehand. If the country/state of residence requires that newly weds register in a court, they may do so- as long as doing such does not contravene the injunctions in the Qur'an. In fact,state registered marriage is recognized all over the world and has several advantages in terms of citizenship, passport documentation, progeny identity, inheritance claims etc. These are neutral state laws and do not have any religious bearing that one need to worry about. I think part of Tbaba's post covers what i am trying to say:

tbaba1234:
....if what is meant is documenting the marriage and recording it, then this is something that is required, so as to protect people’s rights and prevent tampering with marriage. But if the conditions of marriage are not met or it involves anything that is contrary to sharee’ah stipulated in the Qur'an with regard to divorce and so on, then it is not permissible to do it, unless documentation of the marriage cannot be done otherwise, or if the person has no choice but to do it.
Sorry for editing your post a little. wink

Here are the important things to observe regarding marriage as dictated in the Quran:

(a) The person/partner is not an idolater/idolatress (2:221).

Since idolatry is the only unforgivable offense if maintained till death, so an idolatrous partner may never advocate the worship of God alone in the home or among the children (24:36). Although, there those who are the first to brand everyone as idolaters without realizing that they are the biggest hypocrites and idolaters themselves.

(b) Mutual Attraction and consent (4:24).

The couple should know each other and are old/mature enough to give their own consent (not be forced) to the marriage. In essence, their union should be brought about by love for each other; the couple must know each other well enough.

(c) Dowry, paid by the man beforehand (4:24, 33:50, 60:10).

There are no preset rules for the value or exchange medium for the dowry, which can be arrived at mutually.

Marriage according to the Quran is essentially a solemn pledge or 'contract' of commitment between a man and woman to love, support and be faithful to each to each other as man and wife for the rest of their lives. When a couple pledges their commitment to each other before God, they are considered married as per Quran - God is the witness.

In Islam, no one has the "religious authority" to permit two people to be married. That permission is granted by God, the ultimate witness and knower of the couple's innermost intentions. Several people are not aware that in Islam there is actually no clergy system where matters of your soul/religion need to be authorized or mentored by a religious cleric. This is because Islam is based on an individual's direct relationship and accountability with God where no one can decide or take responsibility for another's soul.

May God guide us all!!!

Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by Nobody: 4:19am On Nov 29, 2012
In Court wedding,you are made to obey laws that are against Allahs laws,thereby setting partner with Allah,I did Islamic wedding,everything in my marriage is dictated by the Quran,i mean everything,and am enjoying it,not afraid of mathna,if they come fine,if they dont fine,all is willed by Allah,Alamdullilahi.

If i have issue with my husby, we iron it out with Quran and Sunnah,its sweet this way honestly, i don't know why muslims are running from sweetness of Islam?
Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by Nobody: 4:32am On Nov 29, 2012
uplawal: In Court wedding,you are made to obey laws that are against Allahs laws,thereby setting partner with Allah,I did Islamic wedding,everything in my marriage is dictated by the Quran,i mean everything,and am enjoying it,not afraid of mathna,if they come fine,if they dont fine,all is willed by Allah,Alamdullilahi.

If i have issue with my husby, we iron it out with Quran and Sunnah,its sweet this way honestly, i don't know why muslims are running from sweetness of Islam?

Sweetness of Islam? Should I how you a video of a muslim woman that was happy that she wasnt cheated out of her inheritance with Islamic laws (she would have gotten less as a woman)?

I know the topic is court marriage but I just wanted to give an example where islam is not sweet when it comes to family matters

1 Like

Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by deols(f): 7:07am On Nov 29, 2012
Logicboy03:

Sweetness of Islam? Should I how you a video of a muslim woman that was happy that she wasnt cheated out of her inheritance with Islamic laws (she would have gotten less as a woman)?

I know the topic is court marriage but I just wanted to give an example where islam is not sweet when it comes to family matters
As a good Muslim,she would have contentment and wv that,everything would be sweet.
Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by deols(f): 7:08am On Nov 29, 2012
uplawal: In Court wedding,you are made to obey laws that are against Allahs laws,thereby setting partner with Allah,I did Islamic wedding,everything in my marriage is dictated by the Quran,i mean everything,and am enjoying it,not afraid of mathna,if they come fine,if they dont fine,all is willed by Allah,Alamdullilahi.

Hmmmn! I just cant imagine you with a mathna grin
Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2012
deols:
As a good Muslim,she would have contentment and wv that,everything would be sweet.

And suffer as a single wife with children while her parent's riches goes unfairly to other members?
Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2012
@Deol,if Allah will it, i dnt really have a problem with it, my only prayer is for Allah to give me a very righteous,not badbelle type,arabic teacher,and clean woman cos i can't tolerate dirtiness one bit.
Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by Goldieluks: 11:03pm On Nov 29, 2012
acidtalk:

You can NEVER modernize, upgrade or adjust the Laws of Allah irrespective of what millenium, century or generation.

Allah's laws cannot be comapred or adjusted to mix with man made laws.

Are you a Muslim?
Re: What is the Islamic View on Court Weddings? by lawasus: 10:00pm On May 30, 2015
THE ISLAMIC VERDICT ON CIVIL/REGISTERED MARRIAGES.

Marriage in Islam is a divine bond between two legitimate parties to enjoy social and intimate relationship with each other and to have children. It is one of the most sacred divine contracts because the subject matter is a human being i.e. The would be wife. Hence not only among the Muslims but also among the Jews and Christians marriage is treated in a very sacred manner by Imam’s, Rabi’s and Priests respectively in Islam marriage is part of the social system which lays down the detailed guidelines about the relationship between the opposite gender i.e. What is the nature of their meeting together, their relationship and the consequences and/or results or outcome of such relationships.

Marriage is a recommended act in Islam and a divine rule which oraganises the relationship between two mature, sane parties in the absence of any divine preventions. This is due to the fact that Allah (SWT) says: "Get married from those women you like whether two or three or four and if you fear that you will deal unfairly with them then keep one or marry from those which your hand possesses" [Qur'an 4:3] and "Among his signs is this, that he created you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in tranquility with them, and he has put love and mercy between your hearts, verily in that are signs for those who reflect" [Qur'an 30:21] and the Messenger Muhammad (saw) said: "marriage is half the Deen".

Verily marriage is half the Deen for it is the fundamental pillar of the social system. We set out below some of the rules surrounding the Islamic marriage.

THE DIVINE DUTIES OF THE HUSBAND:

The divine duties of the husband are the eligible rights of the wife in Islam which can be summarised as follows:

1. Al-Nafaqah: The husband has the duty to provide food, clothing and shelter to his wife.

2. As-Sakan wa At-Tamaneenah: The husband has the duty to observe tranquility and security towards his wife.

3. Al-Ishra wa Al-Injaab: The husband has the duty to maintain a social and intimate relationship with his wife and not to prevent her from having children from him.

THE DIVINE DUTIES OF THE WIFE:

The divine duties of the wife are the eligible rights of the husband in Islam which can be summarised as follows:

1. Al-Qawaamah: The wife has the duty to accept the Qawaamah i.e. that her husband has authority over her, the night to be obeyed and to look after him, his health and children.

2. As-Sakan wa At-Tamaneenah: The wife has the duty to observe tranquility and security towards her husband.

3. Al-Ishra wa Al-Injaab: The wife has the duty to maintain a social and intimate relationship with her husband and not to prevent him from having children from her.

CONDITIONS AND PILLARS OF THE NIKAH CONTRACT:

The pillars of every contract, including the marriage contract, in Islam are three:

1. Al-A’qidaan: The two parties: who must both be mature, sane and there must be no preventions or prohibitions such as the woman being pregnant or in the waiting period of the divorce from or death of the previous husband.

2. Seighat ul-Aq’d: The deal i.e. the offer (Al-Ijaab) and (Al-Qaboul) acceptance. There must be no ambiguity over what is offered and accepted between the parties. In addition the deal must be worded by using the word ‘Nikaah’ or ‘marriage’ in the past tense and the parties or their representatives must be present at the time of the contract being made.

3. Al-Ma’qoud A’layh: The subject matter: Again the subject matter must be without any prohibitions or preventions. The Nikah being a contract to have relationship and children together.

The absence of any one of the aforementioned conditions (and therefore pillars) will invalidate the contract of Nikah. In addition there are certain supplementary conditions such as the permission of the Wali Amr i.e. The Guardian of the would be wife, two trustworthy, valid witnesses and a specified Mahr i.e. A divine gift from the husband to his wife.

In light of the above let us examine what civil marriages in the West, such as in the UK, are all about. Are they just about registering the Nikah contract before an authorised body or an organised institution or is it about submitting fully to all the social system in the West including the rights of husband and wife, the conditions of the two parties for marriage, the criteria for witnesses, the rules effecting maternity and provision, inheritance matters, divorce and custody of children etc.…

A civil marriage is a contract registered in the local council in order for a man and a woman to have a relationship governed by the marriage laws of the state. Any man can marry any woman, whether they are boyfriend or girlfriend, fornicator or fornicatress, pregnant or having had previous sexual relations, without reservation except on the proviso that they have no registered marriage in existance already.

It is clearly prohibited to be involved in this procedure for Muslims from an Islamic perspective at any time. To give the civil marriage priority and to put a condition, as some Muslims unfortunately do, that any Muslim should undergo such a procedure before what is requested by God is therefore an anathema to Islam and Muslims!

The civil marriage contract is prohibited (Haram) to be involved in for Muslims from an Islamic perspective for the following reasons:

1. In Islam the condition for the two marrying parties is that they must both be Muslim or that the woman is from amongst the people of the book unlike in a civil wedding where the religion of the parties is irrelevant.

2. Contrary to Islam, in a civil marriage there is no condition for there to be two witnesses present as stipulated by the Shari’ah, the wedding record being enough.

3. Contrary to Islam, there is also no condition on the man to pay Nafaqah (i.e. to provide food, clothing and shelter for the wife) in a civil marriage.

4. Contrary to Islam, there is no condition in a civil marriage for the man to pay or to stipulate a Mahr/Dowry to be paid.

5. Contrary to Islam, there is no condition in a civil marriage to obtain the permission of the Wali Amr i.e. father, just as long as the parties are over 18.

6. Contrary to Islam, there is no condition in a civil marriage to complete the waiting period after a divorce from a previous husband or death of the husband or after a previous illegitimate relationship with the intended partner.

7. Contrary to Islam it is permitted in civil marriages to marry a woman even if she is pregnant; which is a divine prevention in Islam.

8. Contrary to Islam a civil marriage says that the maternity of children belongs solely to the mother unlike in Islam where the divine rights of the child are protected and the child stays with the divorced mother up to the age of 7 and from them onwards it will have the right of residence with the father. For non-Muslim women the child would stay with the mother up until the age of

4 and then go to the father. If the man leaves Islam i.e. becomes an apostate, the child would stay with the mother until 7 and then go to the ex-fathers brother, but if his family are non-Muslim then the child will stay with the mother (who is Muslim). In a civil marriage these rights are ignored and any residence is invariably granted to the mother. Moreover, in Islam if both the husband and wife die the children will go to the husband’s family and the women’s family will have visitation rights unlike in a civil marriage.

9. Contrary to Islam, in a civil marriage divorce is the right of both parties which needs a court order (i.e. a second parties consent).

10. Contrary to Islam, after a civil marriage a women can inherit substantially all her husbands wealth. Whereas in Islam the wife will take 1/6th or 1/8th in certain circumstances. The surviving husband on the other will take 1 /2 of her wealth and sometimes 1 /4.

11. Contrary to Islam, a civil marriage does not permit a man to enforce sex on his wife or to discipline her.

12. Contrary to Islam, in a civil marriage both parties have the right to go anywhere they want to without asking the others permission whereas it is obligatory to ask a husband’s permission before leaving the home in Islam.

13. Contrary to Islam, in a civil marriage the choice is the mothers as to whom a child is attributed whereas it is the divine right of the father i.e. to be attributed to him alone, in Islam.

14. Contrary to Islam, in a civil marriage if the husband becomes an apostate there is no automatic divorce. The implication of this in Islam is that the wife will still inherit if the husband becomes an apostate and dies. If a women becomes an apostate the marriage will also be broken automatically.

15. Contrary to Islam, in a civil marriage a husband does not give the wife the right to prosecute him if he does not provide provision for her. Rather she is expected to bring up the children on a minimum determined by the State which amount is not Islamic.

16. Contrary to Islam, in a civil marriage the wife cannot steal from the husband if the husband is miserly, whereas it is allowed in Islam. On the other hand if the husband steals from his wife then his hand is subject to be cut in Islam.

17. Contrary to Islam, fornication by the wife does not break the civil marriage contract, whereas if the woman commits fornication in Islam the contract is broken immediately. If the man commits adultery on the other hand it is up to the women whether she wishes to obtain a Khulla’ (i.e. to break the contract or not.

18. Contrary to Islam, in a civil marriage a child will stay with the mother even if she becomes an apostate.

19. Contrary to Islam, in a civil marriage one can have a judicial separation agreement.

The fact of the matter is that the civil marriage a complete non-Islamic social system and man-made way of life which contradicts the Islamic marriage and way of life in all its details such as the penal code, the right of the husband to discipline his wife, the right of the wife to divorce herself in certain circumstances, the right of the husband to divorce his wife instantly including the observation of the waiting period for the wife etc…

Verily registration will give the kufr social system relating to divorce, maternity etc… the upper hand over the Islamic social system and way of life and Islam forbids this explicitly for Allah (SWT) says: "Allah forbids the believers to give the disbelievers an upper hand over them" [ Qur'an 4;141].

In addition Allah orders us to refer to the Qur’an and Sunnah in any dispute among ourselves for Allah (SWT) says: "When you differ in any matter refer to Allah and his Messenger" [Qur'an 4:59].

Moreover the Muslims are supposed to judge by whatever Allah (SWT) has revealed and not by whatever the law of the land has legislated, for Allah (SWT) says: "Rule and Judge by whatever Allah (SWT) has revealed and do not follow their whims and desires lest they take you away from what has been revealed" [Qur'an 5:49]

Further Allah (SWT) has clearly commanded us to obey him and his Messenger with full submission and without any choice for Allah (SWT) says: "It is not allowed for the believers male or female to have any option in a matter when it has been decided by Allah (SWT) and his Messenger." [Qur'an 33:36]

The Shari’ah Court of The UK call upon all Muslims to refrain from marrying in accordance to the civil law, any marriage based upon this law being considered invalid in Islam. Any children from such a marriage would also be considered illegitimate in Islam and such a situation would therefore require Islamic recovery procedures to be put in place immediately.

[Sheikh Omar Bakri Muhammad - Judge of The Shari’ah Court of The UK].

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dr. Muti’ah Olaide Refused Entry At Nigerian Embassy In Jeddah Because Of Veil / Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day / Sultan Announces Commencement Of Ramadan 1441AH - 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.