Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Farmers In The House - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Farmers In The House (7543 Views)

Farmers To Earn N101bn Annually From Perishable Cargo / Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta / Database Of All Farmers In Nigeria Commences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farmers In The House by BasseyJ(m): 3:41pm On Dec 24, 2012
Chudoify: Please,i suggest you don't mind those so called info marketers.i can't buy any ebook rather i wil go to a real farmer and work with him for something.most of them have not seen pigs all through their life.thank you.
yes o. Most of them dont even know a thing about what they are marketing, they sell you an incomplete ebook and thats all.
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:26pm On Dec 24, 2012
femi it is someone that has nothing to offer that begs for favor.D 6 inch box without concrete can be pulled down by pigs & its because you have money to construct,but for someone that do not have such funds can use bamboo ,but will concrete d floor,all d best,i have worked with pigs as far back my 400level in lautech(1998).share ideas many needs it
Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 10:13pm On Dec 24, 2012
excelsiorfarm: femi it is someone that has nothing to offer that begs for favor.D 6 inch box without concrete can be pulled down by pigs & its because you have money to construct,but for someone that do not have such funds can use bamboo ,but will concrete d floor,all d best,i have worked with pigs as far back my 400level in lautech(1998).share ideas many needs it

Like I discussed with basseyj, i told him he could use wood(Bamboo) to do the construction when there are insufficient funds but it will not look decent. In my earlier posts, I said that this is not small scale but a medium scale farm (LASG prototype). I simply advised that he can build 1 big room to start and expand from there.

Ok I will share ideas grin, which type of farming are u specialized so that we can share ideas. I intend going into poultry later.
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:33pm On Dec 24, 2012
femi its wonderful when i see someone asking questions-as one corper called & said i should join a group,the preposition made me smile because is d focus to make benefits for all or another committee.Pls spare time to read my post BUSINESSES THAT WİLL GIVE YOU A MEANINGFUL INCOME FLOW CONTINUALLY,you understand that am priviledge to be solution to d need of many
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:44pm On Dec 24, 2012
As per what i know,it is under statement to say is much,dont worry am not proud,it is God's grace.call this number 08073102991 or 07032554491,he is an agric officer in a local govt,he has first in Animal production & health with MBA inquire of me,i would have given you numbers of generals or valuable men i have work with or for,but for scammers & their privacy
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:02am On Dec 25, 2012
my project in school was on bee keeping.since you said you are in lagos,go to Alamu olaleye crescent behind rosellas amusement park along igando-isheri rd,ask of me & also maybe when u c my former poultry house b4 selling some cages & my fishponds with hatchery,also ask neighbours/tenants,i have been away for a while.you can come back & make your post,about d prototype i pray it impact d people +ve because d prototype of a company to raise fishes in river(each net board is 1M) was a fluke.sorry i wont menti
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:25am On Dec 25, 2012
in conclusion my focus is a agric school of entrepreneur,if d state needs idea on how to gainfully engage 30000 okada riders in agric,i will poşt it here for free,so my brother some are gifted by the Grace of God.MERRY CHRISTMAS
Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 6:58am On Dec 26, 2012
excelsiorfarm: in conclusion my focus is a agric school of entrepreneur,if d state needs idea on how to gainfully engage 30000 okada riders in agric,i will poşt it here for free,so my brother some are gifted by the Grace of God.MERRY CHRISTMAS

Merry Christmas .. All the best
Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 4:14am On Dec 27, 2012
excelsiorfarm: my project in school was on bee keeping.since you said you are in lagos,go to Alamu olaleye crescent behind rosellas amusement park along igando-isheri rd,ask of me & also maybe when u c my former poultry house b4 selling some cages & my fishponds with hatchery,

Y did u sell it off
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:37am On Dec 27, 2012
Femi d address given is our property & street.i blieve you are also in d school of thought that a man shouldnt live through,but go & process is own.As earlier mention i have a Poultry cage that can be use to keep about 104 birds & facilities for a small fish farm to rent.i was generating at least 9 & d half crates of egg per day.people ask for favor to give my other cages,but i insisted to keep d last one,that i cant give all out.To d glory of God i brought light(electricity) into that street.
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:52am On Dec 27, 2012
I blieve u had a great hols & i also answered your question.
Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 8:07am On Dec 27, 2012
excelsiorfarm: Femi d address given is our property & street.i blieve you are also in d school of thought that a man shouldnt live through,but go & process is own.As earlier mention i have a Poultry cage that can be use to keep about 104 birds & facilities for a small fish farm to rent.i was generating at least 9 & d half crates of egg per day.people ask for favor to give my other cages,but i insisted to keep d last one,that i cant give all out.To d glory of God i brought light(electricity) into that street.

I know that area very well and its not far from the dump site on lasu- Ojo road. How many birds did u have back then?
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:25am On Dec 27, 2012
Visit it,ask for d street,enquire of Alamu Segun,then come back & post
Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 8:40am On Dec 27, 2012
excelsiorfarm: Visit it,ask for d street,enquire of Alamu Segun,then come back & post
Considering the distance, it is not adviseable for now since u are no longer using the poultry.

How many birds do u have back then?
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:57am On Dec 27, 2012
@Femi you interest me greatly,i have no point to prove,i dont compare myself with other,i run & compete,if u said lagos is far my brother,i had intended to send u to ogbomoşo after.For the discerning they should be able to read through d post.Then i had at Least 468 at last count.if u have ideas to share for me & everyone,let us have it.
Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 9:11am On Dec 27, 2012
excelsiorfarm: @Femi you interest me greatly,i have no point to prove,i dont compare myself with other,i run & compete,if u said lagos is far my brother,i had intended to send u to ogbomoşo after.For the discerning they should be able to read through d post.Then i had at Least 468 at last count.if u have ideas to share for me & everyone,let us have it.

Common, will u advise that I drive all the way from surulere to isheri - igando to c onfirm whether u have a poultry. Take it easy o, I am learning from u now

What was the production rate of ur birds?
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
i blieve we all learn from each other,from experiences & what we see.From record at least i get 62% every day & basically reason of this result is dependent on season or temperature,feed,medication,presently because of d weather a wise poultry farmer(in this case layers) should increase d % of maize if they want big eggs.
Re: Farmers In The House by Curiouscity(m): 6:34pm On Dec 27, 2012
I like the idea that Nigerian youths are thinking of farming. This is not only a way to make money but also to ensure food security in the country.
Kudos to you guys.

But, can we all ask Seun(the Landlord of Nairaland) to give a full section to Agriculture?

2 Likes

Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 2:45pm On Dec 28, 2012
DAY 7. Awaiting roofing

Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2012
femi well done,who be the engineer on that work?
Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
excelsiorfarm: femi well done,who be the engineer on that work?

Na me dey supervise am myself cos i have supervised building projects before.

Got experienced brick layers from the piggery estate, the bricklayers know how to do pen-house construction very well unlike ordinary bricklayers.

Engineer na additional cost so na me be chief engineer grin. The man in the pic na aboki (Labor) carrying blocks and the other is a bricklayer
Re: Farmers In The House by Chudoify: 4:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
Femi i love what you are doing.when i am ready will want you to be my mentor.thank you
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
@ femi pls next time let an engineer support you,i understand you had undertaken some building project from your post.i had been priviledge to have being project supervisor on some(the biggest is a duplex and 2flats).there is a difference between animal house & human structure.Since you said we can learn from each other,i have been to many pig farms and worked in lautech farms for my I.T & Best farm in ogbomoso for mandatory external experience.Probably this is your design,but i would suggest that in future endeavor pls note this- first the corridor is a bit narrow,the couches of the blocks would have been enough i.e there is no need raising the pen up with the intention as if you are putting lentil,You could creat pillars at the corners to support the load of the roof.from your experience as a builder you can evaluate my contribution,Eku ise

-
Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 3:03pm On Dec 29, 2012
excelsiorfarm: @ femi pls next time let an engineer support you,i understand you had undertaken some building project from your post.i had been priviledge to have being project supervisor on some(the biggest is a duplex and 2flats).there is a difference between animal house & human structure.Since you said we can learn from each other,i have been to many pig farms and worked in lautech farms for my I.T & Best farm in ogbomoso for mandatory external experience.Probably this is your design,but i would suggest that in future endeavor pls note this- first the corridor is a bit narrow,the couches of the blocks would have been enough i.e there is no need raising the pen up with the intention as if you are putting lentil,You could creat pillars at the corners to support the load of the roof.from your experience as a builder you can evaluate my contribution,Eku ise

Thanks for the advise. I am building it according to the pen house plan with me with d dimensions and measurement.

-
Re: Farmers In The House by BasseyJ(m): 2:06pm On Jan 03, 2013
Happy new year to you great minds here, @excelsiorfarm, femi, chudify, etc. May this year be great
Re: Farmers In The House by Chudoify: 2:41pm On Jan 03, 2013
@Basseyj,may God bless and protect you.pls can you send me your number,i have some private questions to ask you.nonyelulawrencec@gmail.com.Thank you.
Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:02pm On Jan 03, 2013
Bassey Happy new year & my regards to every one,The Lord perfect all that concerns uş all in Jesus Name,Amen.Hmm,no man is better than another,we are all great minds.Just open it & u see what it can do with God(u know a parachute is useless except it is open; so is d mind)
Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 8:55am On Jan 06, 2013
Roofing stage

The final work is the concrete stage and plastering

Re: Farmers In The House by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
femi welldone
Re: Farmers In The House by basking4me: 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
You have done very well Femi and I am impressed with your detailed progress.

I am hoping to start a pig farm soon too.

Congrats.
Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 5:59pm On Jan 06, 2013
excelsiorfarm: femi welldone

Thanks bro
Re: Farmers In The House by femiseun1: 6:03pm On Jan 06, 2013
basking4me: You have done very well Femi and I am impressed with your detailed progress.

I am hoping to start a pig farm soon too.

Congrats.
Thank you very much and I really gained a lot from your poultry experience. I will be joining poultry farmers very soon

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Business Can I Start Up With 200k / How To Make Money Carrying Out Activities Online . Are You On Social Media ❓ / Maduabuchi Mere Bags 2018 WHO IS WHO Award In Jos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.