Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

State Creation: S'east Govs, Others Meet - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Creation: S'east Govs, Others Meet (5587 Views)

Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC / Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east / Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Creation: S'east Govs, Others Meet by PointB: 3:11pm On Nov 28, 2012
luvmijeje: @Pointb do u know they are also creating more state in north.

Provided all regions have equal numbers of state and reps to the National Asembly, then fair enough.
Re: State Creation: S'east Govs, Others Meet by COOLDUN: 3:19pm On Nov 28, 2012
PointB:

Provided all regions have equal numbers of state and reps to the National Asembly, than fair enough.

I am sorry to tell you that it will be impossible for the Northern politicians to have equal states with the Southern Nigeria. The earlier we realize that and stop this new states agitation the better for us. They will give us 2 states and create more 6 for themselves, thereby increasing the costs of governance. Regional government is the best option. When they create more states mostly in the East, they also divide us in unity, love and opinion.
Re: State Creation: S'east Govs, Others Meet by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2012
PointB:

Provided all regions have equal numbers of state and reps to the National Asembly, than fair enough.
pointB. Its actually difficult to balance it. 'Cause once a state is created in south another should be created in the north.
Re: State Creation: S'east Govs, Others Meet by Abagworo(m): 4:25pm On Nov 28, 2012
COOLDUN: This is an irrelevant gathering, what is importance of new state creation while the ones created since 70s are still under developed? They want to breed another 3 criminals as senators , other national assembly looters, one head crook governor, another useless first lady, other conditioners/sorry commissioners , other lazy head thugs known as PA s,we need to come together as one region instead of this demarcation they call state creation. There was more Love, unity, sincerity and development, during the regional system. I don’t want anybody to touch my Imo state again. I love the set up of the state, with capital at the center of the state Owerri.

I am an Orlu Indigene but I love Imo state passionately. Let us remain one and indivisible Imo states, while we pray for Leaders like, Late Dr M.I Okpara, Late Dr Francis Akanu Ibiam, Late Dim C.O.Ojukwu, Owelle Rocahas Okorocha, Dr Chris Ngige, and Late Dee Samuel Onunaka Mbakwe. Imolites we have come so long to be divided, divided we fall, united we stand. Join me to say no to the new state creation in Igbo land. But say yes to the united South East. With visional dedicated, sincere, hardworking and God fearing brave leaders not coward rulers.

State creation is never what the politicians make us to believe, it is their settlements. Imagine new state with governors like Theodore Orji, and Martin Elechi? What will you expect? Regional system is better; let us leave tribalism and sentiment. SW people are right in their regional government agitation. State creation is a continuation of the Divide and Rule. When you are divided you will never speak with one voice again.

You are right
Re: State Creation: S'east Govs, Others Meet by PointB: 7:25pm On Nov 28, 2012
COOLDUN:

I am sorry to tell you that it will be impossible for the Northern politicians to have equal states with the Southern Nigeria. The earlier we realize that and stop this new states agitation the better for us. They will give us 2 states and create more 6 for themselves, thereby increasing the costs of governance. Regional government is the best option. When they create more states mostly in the East, they also divide us in unity, love and opinion.

There is no way you can say it is impossible without trying, that would be defeatist. I think it is possible, because in the end it is all politics. The North surely might ask for something in return, a trade-off might be the best way to achieve this. I also agree that the best way to go is the path of regional government and true federalism. But do you think the North will agree to this?
Re: State Creation: S'east Govs, Others Meet by PointB: 7:25pm On Nov 28, 2012
centje: pointB. Its actually difficult to balance it. 'Cause once a state is created in south another should be created in the north.

Not necessarily, it depends on what they agree to trade-off with.
Re: State Creation: S'east Govs, Others Meet by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 28, 2012
PointB:

Not necessarily, it depends on what they agree to trade-off with.
i doubt,the north will not trade off anything that will jeopardise their hold on power, 'cause creation of more states in the south means more legislative seats for the south. In addition,more federal allocation to the region...Observe how they complain everyday because of off shore/on shore dichotomy.
They will most likely not trade it off.
Re: State Creation: S'east Govs, Others Meet by PointB: 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2012
centje: i doubt,the north will not trade off anything that will jeopardise their hold on power, 'cause creation of more states in the south means more legislative seats for the south. In addition,more federal allocation to the region...Observe how they complain everyday because of off shore/on shore dichotomy.
They will most likely not trade it off.

That is the more reason we should pursue this matter to it's logical conclusion. Let it be that we tried.
Re: State Creation: S'east Govs, Others Meet by Omen100(m): 4:08am On Nov 29, 2012
PointB:

Provided all regions have equal numbers of state and reps to the National Asembly, then fair enough.

Illusion will never transform to anything real, "so Urna make una leave dat tin men"
Re: State Creation: S'east Govs, Others Meet by tck2000(m): 10:49am On Jun 05, 2019
Day

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Was Ask About P.h.c.n.plc ,he Responded.. / Tinubu May End Up Being Stranded In Buhari's Presidency!! / Abbreviations And Their Full Meaning In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.