Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment (9630 Views)

Buhari Receives Letters Of Credence From Ambassadors Of Sudan, Saudi Ara / Letters Of OBJ To GEJ And Iyabo Obasanjo To Her Father for sale. Very funny. / 'Go And Die' Widow Get Letter Of Appointment. [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by youngies(m): 5:41am On Nov 28, 2012
About a month after an alleged faction of Boko Haram announced its readiness to enter into dialogue with the federal government in order to end the bloody sectarian violence in Nigeria, the sect yesterday announced a new team that would speak with the federal government on its behalf.

Already, the sect has commenced issuing letters of appointment to those it selected for the new team.

The sect also said it has replaced former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) with a renowned Islamic cleric, Alhaji Goni Gapchiya, as leader of its negotiation team.

Buhari had turned down Boko Haram’s request for him to head its proposed dialogue team.

We reliably gathered in Maiduguri that notable Borno state elders like Shettima Ali Monguno and Ambassador Gaji Galtimari have received their letters of appointment into Boko Haram’s new negotiation team and equally signed a dispatch sheet to signify their readiness to participate in the mediation.

It was also learnt that a former governor of Yobe state, Senator Bukar Abba Ibrahim, had his letter delivered to him through his wife Hajiya Maryam Bukar Abba Ibrahim, who is a permanent secretary in the Borno state civil service.

Others that were said to have received their letters of appointment were one Justice Zanna Wakil of the Borno state judiciary and his wife Barrister Aisha Wakil.

However, the newly appointed team leader, Sheikh Gapchiya, has not been able to receive his letter of appointment as he is in Saudi Arabia on official Hajj duty.

A copy of the letter, which was written by hand and signed by one Sheikh Abu Muhammed Ibn Abdulazziz, was made available to reporters in Maiduguri yesterday.

The letter simply reiterated the content of the sect’s earlier press conference in which they named the persons as those that could mediate between them and the federal government.

The recipients have all signed a dispatch sheet, suggesting that they have accepted to serve in the committee.

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/3167-boko-haram-appoints-new-mediators-issues-letters-of-appointment

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by okosodo: 6:09am On Nov 28, 2012
Who is still saying that boko haram does not have a face? Infact i now know that bh is the hausa/fulani agenda.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by member9: 6:14am On Nov 28, 2012
okosodo: Who is still saying that boko haram does not have a face? Infact i now know that bh is the hausa/fulani agenda.
Ignorant MoFo! Sit down there in darkness and type rubbish, ediota!
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by abbeycial: 6:19am On Nov 28, 2012
جيمس بوند:
Ignorant MoFo! Sit down there in darkness and type rubbish, ediota!
y d aggression? dat dude made a point cuz y r ol dier poo headed appointees hausa fulani? infact wen did dis sect nw become a recruitment agency for jobless elders nd blood thirsty dudes who wld not c d gates of paradise? i cant just believe dis shit is happening nd honestly i miss Obasanjo's iron hand governance.

10 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by member9: 6:30am On Nov 28, 2012
abbeycial: y d aggression? dat dude made a point cuz y r ol dier poo headed appointees hausa fulani? infact wen did dis sect nw become a recruitment agency for jobless elders nd blood thirsty dudes who wld not c d gates of paradise? i cant just believe dis shit is happening nd honestly i miss Obasanjo iron hand.
Is that why he'll generalize?? What ever happend to the word 'some' or 'few'??
By the way, isn't it obvious that they'll pick people they believe they can trust?
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by Omexonomy: 6:41am On Nov 28, 2012
I an not against the fed negotiating with BH the question is which sect wants to negotiate with the fed is it the political bh, religious bh, jobless bh, the new or the old bh

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 28, 2012
im against any negotiation with devils!!! ediot ppl !

I wish the real owners of nigeria wealth Niger delta will rise up and say their money wont be used for that nonsense cos i know what this ppl want is money. Its just sad ND is not united to stand by this! federal govt of nigeria is nothing but puss...yy for ever talking about negotiation! tufiatwa!!!

poverty and lack of education

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by Iaz93: 7:09am On Nov 28, 2012
just watching
Evil Spirits
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by CrazyMan(m): 7:11am On Nov 28, 2012
They look desperate, I could recall when they (boko haram) gave Jonathan about 6weeks to vacate his office or face death...and turned down all the efforts he made to dialogue with them.

Now they've humbled themselves to negotiate with the same man...they even went as far as replacing the former head of state (Buhari) who turned down their request...its obvious that they're loosing the battle.

congrats papa jona, you've won the battle...in a short while, they would be blown away by the wind.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by muktar9: 7:13am On Nov 28, 2012
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by ROCKJ1(m): 7:15am On Nov 28, 2012
I don't know what to say. I am shocked and dumbfounded.
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 28, 2012
Cofused almajiris...the effects of JTF has messed up with their brains(if any).See how they are desperate for reconciliation.God is watching and acting.
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by Super1759: 7:19am On Nov 28, 2012
Na spirit deh distribute the letters?
If they know all the top officials in the state, truly,bh is in the govt
What still baffles me is "what do they want to negotiate?" I tell you,if the govt makes mistake to negotiate anything with these brats, another sect will spring up.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 28, 2012
Cofused almajiris...the effects of JTF has messed up their brains,if they had any
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by TRILLIONIAR: 7:20am On Nov 28, 2012
LATER ANODA GROUP GO COME U GO STILL NEGOTIATE cryLATER ANODA GROUP GO COME U GO STILL NEGOTIATE
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by omenziate(m): 7:22am On Nov 28, 2012
Useless Hausa/ fulani goons.
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by slimming: 7:25am On Nov 28, 2012
The negotiation is aim towards 2015
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by dramenda(f): 7:27am On Nov 28, 2012
omo no be seré seré ooo. i gast apply for interpreter post ASAP.lol
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by idlaw2k3(m): 7:31am On Nov 28, 2012
grin grin grin cheesy shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by miqos02(m): 7:31am On Nov 28, 2012
Boko haram is now an institution that employs and sack. I dey laff
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by KINGwax(m): 7:35am On Nov 28, 2012
Pls, tell those people i haven't recieved my appointment letter o. Make dem do quick before i set up a committee to review this.
Thank u

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by KINGwax(m): 7:37am On Nov 28, 2012
TRILLIONIAR: LATER ANODA GROUP GO COME U GO STILL NEGOTIATE cryLATER ANODA GROUP GO COME U GO STILL NEGOTIATE
no be nigeria u dey? What abt those 'whatever-whatever-sudan' group that recently sprung up?
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by Kingofkings1(m): 7:38am On Nov 28, 2012
جيمس بوند:
Is that why he'll generalize?? What ever happend to the word 'some' or 'few'??
By the way, isn't it obvious that they'll pick people they believe they can trust?
So amonst all dat they can trust is hausa/fulani,why is it dat a sourtherner or an eastherner is not dia,lets open our eyes to see the hand writing on the wall.
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by LloydIy(m): 7:39am On Nov 28, 2012
Mediation again, with many quick attacks since the last letter they wrote & new sect coming out.

So is the government going to start mediation with the new sect?
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by yyb14: 7:41am On Nov 28, 2012
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by kollybay4u: 7:42am On Nov 28, 2012
Boko Haram has seen that most of their leaders name are now wanted for money for anybody that see them, they want now to negotiate and after over 3000 lives that has gone. Thunder go fire in Jesus Name!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by Vincent41(m): 7:51am On Nov 28, 2012
youngies: About a month after an alleged faction of Boko Haram announced its readiness to enter into dialogue with the federal government in order to end the bloody sectarian violence in Nigeria, the sect yesterday announced a new team that would speak with the federal government on its behalf.

Already, the sect has commenced issuing letters of appointment to those it selected for the new team.

The sect also said it has replaced former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) with a renowned Islamic cleric, Alhaji Goni Gapchiya, as leader of its negotiation team.

Buhari had turned down Boko Haram’s request for him to head its proposed dialogue team.

We reliably gathered in Maiduguri that notable Borno state elders like Shettima Ali Monguno and Ambassador Gaji Galtimari have received their letters of appointment into Boko Haram’s new negotiation team and equally signed a dispatch sheet to signify their readiness to participate in the mediation.

It was also learnt that a former governor of Yobe state, Senator Bukar Abba Ibrahim, had his letter delivered to him through his wife Hajiya Maryam Bukar Abba Ibrahim, who is a permanent secretary in the Borno state civil service.

Others that were said to have received their letters of appointment were one Justice Zanna Wakil of the Borno state judiciary and his wife Barrister Aisha Wakil.

However, the newly appointed team leader, Sheikh Gapchiya, has not been able to receive his letter of appointment as he is in Saudi Arabia on official Hajj duty.

A copy of the letter, which was written by hand and signed by one Sheikh Abu Muhammed Ibn Abdulazziz, was made available to reporters in Maiduguri yesterday.

The letter simply reiterated the content of the sect’s earlier press conference in which they named the persons as those that could mediate between them and the federal government.

The recipients have all signed a dispatch sheet, suggesting that they have accepted to serve in the committee.

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/3167-boko-haram-appoints-new-mediators-issues-letters-of-appointment

hahahahahaha....Niaja Sef..........Bokoharam is more Powerful dan a Nation its self.....wat a shame.....just received My own letter dis morning to Participate on de Negotiaion....Lmao
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by Amazondepth(m): 7:52am On Nov 28, 2012
All of u shouting dat there shldnt b negotiations make una go join JTF for north na.u don't know even d so called Americans go into covert negetiations with terrorist groups despite their diplomatics stance!do u realy think its about a winner or looser here?wateva it takes for peace even temporary one to b restored shld b welcome.even our military have been exposed as lacking ability to protect itself and u r there shouting dat negotiations shld not hold.sad as it is to admit,d FG lacks d intelligence and competence to wipe off BH.if it cowardly so be it,all d JTF bravado has taken us nowhere.Achebe said and I quote'cowards will one day sit in d their intact homes and points @ d ruins of d house where a so called brave man once lived'.if we will b cowardly to live,no b bad tin.
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by movmentish(m): 7:58am On Nov 28, 2012
Evil spirit also caused boko haram
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by cyril83(m): 7:58am On Nov 28, 2012
Religion religion religion! Muslims are killing while christians are defrauding, its now opened to everyone that my religion is the best....osun a gbe yin o,ogun oni fi eje yin we o....
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by wealth123: 8:01am On Nov 28, 2012
PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF NIGERIA.
Re: Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment by ochukoccna: 8:08am On Nov 28, 2012
BH distributing appointment letter for their would be negotiators
What a job skill to have on your resume

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Youths Can Vote On Bbnaija But Most Don't Even Have PVC / Breaking News:- India Offers Nigeria $5bn Line Of Credit / PDP Supporters Defect To APC In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.