Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo (13754 Views)

Building God’s Kingdom With Bombs, Blood And Tears By Ogaga Ifowodo / President Jonathan’s Principled Defence Of Corruption By Ogaga Ifowodo / Audu To Buy Limousines For All First Class Chiefs In Kogi If Elected. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by Amya(f): 8:45pm On Nov 28, 2012
Lovely write-up. Like the word play and sarcasm.

What amazes me still is how humans with brains and reasoning faculties continue to justify what is clearly an act that is the direct opposite what the bible preach. Some people are ready to spill their blood defending their "daddies in the lord". All I can see clearly though is those preachers and their ignorant flock are all hypocrites! They all preach that which present their greed in a good light and omitting those things that puts them in a bad light.

I still haven't figured out the hypnotizing techniques those men of God use that turn their members into mindless zombies. People that can't think for themselves. Since people's main aim in going to churches these days is not to worship God, but pray to gets some favorable perks and benefit in their lifetime and to also worship their pastors, why wont they be hypnotized?
For all those who'll say I shouldn't judge a man of God because he's ordained by God, I will, so sue me!

1 Like

Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by daroz(m): 8:47pm On Nov 28, 2012
realwale:

When I joined NL in 2006 as a job seeker fresh from NYSC,it was promising and I gained a lot from topics and other members opinions and intellectual discourse. But right now,I think Seun Oshewa has lost it,we even have Waec candidates and mentally retarded folks as members. Why must me have tribalists on dis forum and some pple just post to insult other members. Seun pls do something before this site blog becomes HISTORY. I don't want to log in just to read thrash sir

For someone who claimed to have been through with NYSC in 2006, how can you now show you are better than those WAEC candidates? Which school you even go self?
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by get2abbey(m): 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2012
Somebody sent this to my BB .....kinda like food for thot

[b]BOWEN UNIVERSITY N650,000 per semester, COVENANT UNIVERSITY N640,000 per semester, BENSON IDAHOSA N500,000 per semester, BABCOCK UNIVERSITY N450,000 per semester, REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY N450,000 per semester, AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY N350,000 per semester, MADONNA UNIVERSITY 350,000 per semester. ALL OF THESE UNIVERSITIES WERE BUILT FROM TITHES AND OFFERINGS OF THE COMMON PEOPLE WHO NOW CAN'T AFFORD TO SEND THEIR CHILDREN THERE! where is the morals of the church going? These schools were all built with the sweats of their church members who kept sowing seeds; special offering seeds, first fruit seed, redemption seed, thanksgiving seed, harvest seed, tithes, pastor's birthday seed, church building seed, evangelism seed, father's day seed, mother's day seed, children' day seed, Pastor's cake seed, olive oil seed, etc. these schls are nw elite schools, only for the rich politician children. the gainers then use the profits to buy private planes $ jets to fly up high in luxury while their members sleep hungry $ d next Sunday, they will read Malachi 3:6-12. If you think this is unfair, like me, please pass on dz msg because this is reality $ we should start the change now !!!! Sent by a Xtian sister[/b]

3 Likes

Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by kinguwem: 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2012
The issue at stake needs to be deliberated carefully. Nigerians are poor and are very vulnerable to prosperity preachings. The logic is simple. If I preach prosperity, then my members should be convinced of my prosperity. Thus the need to do something extra-ordinary. Ownership of a private jet is an exclusive prosperity status symbol.
Frankly, the kind of christianity practised today by the new generation churches is contrary to the teachings of Jesus Christ. Our lord preached humility, service to humanity, sacrifice and delegation of duty. Church leaders want to do everything without delegating responsibilities to other ministers. A lot of them are rushing to establish branches in lucrative cities where there is already congestion of churches. If the issue is evangelism, how does ownership of a private jet spread the gospel when there are no airstrips in most parts of the country. Charity begins at home.Do they intend to use the planes to distribute tracks and bibles in villages? Jesus knew that he could not preach in all the places at the time. That was why he sent out disciples to cities he couldn't reach.
With the advent of tele-preaching, a minister can preach to a world wide congregation at the same time. Pastor Kumuyi has been doing this for many years. The poverty level is alarming. The cost of servicing an aircraft is high. Most ministers in some of these churches with private jets are poorly paid. Jesus taught us to love one another and to avoid accummulation of material wealth. He did not own a house, he had no landed property nor livestock.
Our religious leaders should shun materialism. The care of the poor, the sick, the aged and widows should be given more priority. Christians should cultivate the spirit of hard work and investment. Faith without work is death. Prosperity is not gotten by sowing seeds and special offerings. If that was the case, Jesus would have said so. There is no justification for religious leaders to own private jets.

3 Likes

Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by kinguwem: 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2012
The issue at stake needs to be deliberated carefully. Nigerians are poor and are very vulnerable to prosperity preachings. The logic is simple. If they preach prosperity, then their members should be convinced of their prosperity. Thus the need to do something extra-ordinary. Ownership of a private jet is an exclusive prosperity status symbol.
Frankly, the kind of christianity practised today by the new generation churches is contrary to the teachings of Jesus Christ. Our lord preached humility, service to humanity, sacrifice and delegation of duty. Church leaders want to do everything without delegating responsibilities to other ministers. A lot of them are rushing to establish branches in lucrative cities where there is already congestion of churches. If the issue is evangelism, how does ownership of a private jet spread the gospel when there are no airstrips in most parts of the country. Charity begins at home.Do they intend to use the planes to distribute tracks and bibles in villages? Jesus knew that he could not preach in all the places at the time. That was why he sent out disciples to cities he couldn't reach.
With the advent of tele-preaching, a minister can preach to a world wide congregation at the same time. Pastor Kumuyi has been doing this for many years. The poverty level is alarming. The cost of servicing an aircraft is high. Most ministers in some of these churches with private jets are poorly paid. Jesus taught us to love one another and to avoid accummulation of material wealth. He did not own a house, he had no landed property nor livestock.
Our religious leaders should shun materialism. The care of the poor, the sick, the aged and widows should be given more priority. Christians should cultivate the spirit of hard work and investment. Faith without work is death. Prosperity is not gotten by sowing seeds and special offerings. If that was the case, Jesus would have said so. There is no justification for religious leaders to own private jets.
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by misreal(m): 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2012
you ppl dat r critisicing men of God shud pray for mercy.y condemn an annointed man God?y cnt u allow God be de judge of dis?was it ur money dat was used to buy de jet?if u tink u r so righteous dat u nw av the right to judge a person be de first to abuse me nd see de wrath of God dat will befall u.afterall wen jesus died,he diedfor evwibody so u dnt av any right to judge anybody nt even ur haushelp talkless of a pastor.let those who have ears let them hear.

2 Likes

Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by caesaraba(m): 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2012
Gaskiya, I don tire to complain for this issue. Infact I now think it's very okay for these 'gods of men' to own planes abeg.
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by gerald09(m): 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2012
solidbroda: If God blesses you, spend the money. After all, Solomon in the bible was so rich. I'm sure he can afford millions of Jet. He was blessed by God. stop ranting pls.

I agree but solomon took grrt care of his people. They enjoyed his riches n he was a grrt king. if u believe a pastor in nigeria deserves a private jet den u d most f**ked up person eva.
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by gerald09(m): 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2012
Gim2001ym: Many of so called critics about pastors getting private will take it if they have opportunity to have one. My concern here is simple. Did they use your personal money to buy them. If you think your tithe is part of it then stop paying. Is it by force or do those pastors put their hands in your pocket for you to give. Please let us be careful in making comments and remember that those men are men of God. Don't get God's wrath.

Hahahaha u really fink they are men of God!?. Well I agree wif u dat dey didn't force any1 to buy dem jet, but if u believe dey men of God n they tell u that if u don't get dem private jet den u feel d wrath of God. I ask u now, what will u do? Since u among so many dat believe in such nonsense.
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by stineb1: 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2012
Gim2001ym: Many of so called critics about pastors getting private will take it if they have opportunity to have one. My concern here is simple. Did they use your personal money to buy them. If you think your tithe is part of it then stop paying. Is it by force or do those pastors put their hands in your pocket for you to give. Please let us be careful in making comments and remember that those men are men of God. Don't get God's wrath.
Abi ooooooo
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 28, 2012
Arosa:

Solomon was a King. We are talking about pastors here, kindly search for a prophet in the bible that was as rich as a king. Thanks.
Prophetess Abraham... lo ba tan grin
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by Amya(f): 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2012
misreal: you ppl dat r critisicing men of God shud pray for mercy.y condemn an annointed man God?y cnt u allow God be de judge of dis?was it ur money dat was used to buy de jet?if u tink u r so righteous dat u nw av the right to judge a person be de first to abuse me nd see de wrath of God dat will befall u.afterall wen jesus died,he diedfor evwibody so u dnt av any right to judge anybody nt even ur haushelp talkless of a pastor.let those who have ears let them hear.

One of them brainwashed zombies just came in!
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by eyenCalabar(m): 10:22pm On Nov 28, 2012
What is all these literature review for? I think these guys are idle. They don't have better things doing with their time hence wasting it on something that doesn't worth it. Again, I think they should look for better English construction more than this for this private jet issue. For god's sake, this is getting ridiculous. Every media house: both international and local wants to make a review on pastor oritsejafor's private jet. I think they should start commiting suicide and not just writing about it alone to show the extent in which the pains have permeate their being and even to those of you guys here, it just not enough writing, take a step further and commit suicide since this private jet cannot let some of you have a good sleep or think again. You can even jump from a flyover or go hug a big transformer for all I care. MOGs must make money look like nothing. I am sick and tired of your little brains. Grow ye little children!!!
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by Peterpan1(m): 10:45pm On Nov 28, 2012
Mmh, speechless, dats how they make me feel, LORD HELP US
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by mrbrush: 11:06pm On Nov 28, 2012
‎​A̶̲̥̅♏ not criticizing the men of God, but why can't the churches build free school 4 the poor once and shun materialism. Take care of the poor, the sick, the aged and widows. Pls. Churches help the poor in side the church like the white man that bring the church to tis land
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by mrbrush: 11:13pm On Nov 28, 2012
U wey D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ give hem private jet which one wey u D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ use the men of God,meka him build free school 4 9ja pika so that dem go go schooo 4 free
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by yahaya276: 11:25pm On Nov 28, 2012
men of private jet..
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by Eziachi: 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2012
solidbroda: If God blesses you, spend the money. After all, Solomon in the bible was so rich. I'm sure he can afford millions of Jet. He was blessed by God. stop ranting pls.
Solomon was rich and so too was blood tasty Roman Caesars, Nebuchadenazer of Babylon, Pharaoh's of Egypt etc, what is the name of their god or gods?
If material possession is a measure of God's face, what god is doing it now for the Chinese?
How can I forget, in your so-called bibles, it was written that Satan once offered Jesus the riches of the world if he will do an act of worship to him? You can't offer something that doesn't belong to you, can you? Which shows that Satan is the owner of the world riches if logic is to come into it.

By the way, I knew him as King Solomon, the son of the richest man of his time, another King, David of the house of Judah and not prophet Solomon.
Gullible goons!!
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 28, 2012

Ode
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by GoodDREAMS(m): 11:45pm On Nov 28, 2012
I only admire the creative writing skill and a tiny fact.He shouldn't have focused on the dark side only. He must be angry about something. But the mockery with scriptural text....is that okay at all? Did the bible anger him too?
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by MaxDick9ja: 11:56pm On Nov 28, 2012
LocalChamp: “There is nothing wrong for a preacher to own (sic) a jet. If people in the secular world can acquire jets for chief executive officers of big private enterprises, there is nothing wrong in giving gifts to a man of God of Pastor Oritsejafor’s standing. … He deserves what he has been given,” says one Reverend El-Buba, General Overseer of Evangelical Bible Outreach Ministries International, Jos, clearly anticipating his own jet for the glorious all-nations-for-Christ crusades and revivals;

Love this lol
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by zonax(m): 12:09am On Nov 29, 2012
Though I can't bring myself to saying anything against anointed men/man of God. I still think that most of them are now after wealth, and earthly inheritances instead of winning souls for God, which in the first instance was the reason for their anointing and been anointed. What's the hype over private jets all about?
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by Ecash1: 12:14am On Nov 29, 2012
It always amaze me, how evry ordinary man is so hasty in criticism yet so slugish in commending the good in others, to this write up, I have no better words than the words of " Anton Ego in Ratatouille ";
In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the *new*. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations. The new needs friends. Last night, I experienced something new: an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto, "Anyone can cook." But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist *can* come from *anywhere*.
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by rhymz(m): 1:17am On Nov 29, 2012
Oritsejafor is a fucking hypocrite with a dead conscience and phoney piety. Several times when he was aked about the propriety of a supposed man of God accepting such an obscene gift, all he did was give an exaggerated tales of his busy schedule. It was so obvious that the man was trying so hard to paint an incredibly tight schedule whose problems can only be solved by the aquisition of a private aircraft.

The man is so desperate to join the Jet-club to the point he resorted to telling lies and feigning ignorance of the identity of the alleged church members that bought him the aircraft.

In haste to defend his vanity, he exposed his own moral failings and hypocrisy when he cluelessly lied that he did not know the identity of his benefactors. How can a supposed man of God not see the indecency in such claims?
So any anonymous rogue from his congregation can offer him a billion dollars without any explanation of his source and his greedy conscience won't see anything wrong with such an obscinity. What brand of morality does he preach to his equally obscene congregation?

1 Like

Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by ijemomo(m): 1:51am On Nov 29, 2012
These so called 'men of god'are mamoon worshippers!Warren Buffet doessn't even own one! embarassed
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by try69: 6:58am On Nov 29, 2012
Saw this on facebook and decided to post it here..sori if it hurts you, but its not me that said it

Stupidity is when you don’t have a bicycle and you give your last penny to your pastor to buy
a jet.......Mumu is when you can’t pay your children’s school fees and yet have money to contribute
to your church to build expensive school which your children will never attend.........­ ­ Ignorance is when you believe it when your
pastors tells you not to live worldly life, and yet he enjoys all the best things in the world,
the fine houses, cars, jets, babes etc, while you are waiting till you get to heaven to enjoy your own........Idio­ ­cy is when you refuse to take your very sick child to the hospital because your pastor said you should not do so, yet that same pastor secretly runs to USA for medical attention any time he has headache.......­ ­. Kolo is when you see a poor beggar on the road and you refuse to give him 50 naira out of the 5000 naira in your pocket because it is your tithe money......... You are a zombie when you trek, dance and
gallivant for 30 kilometers under the hot sun sweating and smelling like shit during your revival program, while your pastor is inside a full option, factory fitted air-conditioned­ ­ state of the art SUV with his delectable wife
slowing driving along the road.
Stop worshiping your pastors!!! They are human being like you, they have no power! If they had power they claim they have, Nigeria would not be the way it is

Quite funny but mostly true

1 Like

Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by Olajoy: 7:06am On Nov 29, 2012
dis is GODs doing nd it is marvelous in our sight.solomon in d bible was so rich dat he used his wealth to build temple 4 his creator,feed the poor nd shelterd thousands of people including alliens. Pls emulate bro solomon.
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by 2HASUM(m): 7:08am On Nov 29, 2012
Ogaga Ifowodu, thumbs up guy, since the time of Alele Williams; you have been representing, nothing do you, tell them, Satan may have relocated the head office to Nigeria and there are meaning willing apostles riding on the economic downturn to hoodwink the uninitiated.
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by 2HASUM(m): 7:18am On Nov 29, 2012
[b]Stupidity is when you don’t have a bicycle and you give your last penny to your pastor to buy
a jet.......Mumu is when you can’t pay your children’s school fees and yet have money to contribute
to your church to build expensive school which your children will never attend.........­ ­ Ignorance is when you believe it when your
pastors tells you not to live worldly life, and yet he enjoys all the best things in the world,
the fine houses, cars, jets, babes etc, while you are waiting till you get to heaven to enjoy your own........Idio­ ­cy is when you refuse to take your very sick child to the hospital because your pastor said you should not do so, yet that same pastor secretly runs to USA for medical attention any time he has headache.......­ ­. Kolo is when you see a poor beggar on the road and you refuse to give him 50 naira out of the 5000 naira in your pocket because it is your tithe money......... You are a zombie when you trek, dance and
gallivant for 30 kilometers under the hot sun sweating and smelling like shit during your revival program, while your pastor is inside a full option, factory fitted air-conditioned­ ­ state of the art SUV with his delectable wife
slowing driving along the road.
Stop worshiping your pastors!!! They are human being like you, they have no power! If they had power they claim they have, Nigeria would not be the way it is

Quite funny but mostly true[/quote]
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by sarutobie(m): 7:33am On Nov 29, 2012
ijemomo: These so called 'men of god'are mamoon worshippers!Warren Buffet doessn't even own one! embarassed
Since when did warren buffet become a model or yardstick for men of God?
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by yuboy: 7:41am On Nov 29, 2012
mawojuuche: running away frm thread.... zombies hav taken over!!!

Hahaha laff won tear my ass oo
Re: God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo by odehaj: 7:49am On Nov 29, 2012
@2HASUM the stupidity,mumu..bla bla bla you are ranting is exactly how God operates.Our Bible is full of those. Because God wants your types to see His omnipresent&His Almightyness,the agidigbacious God.There's an account of one widow of sarepa in the Bible where the man of God asked to give to him ALL she&her son had in life!it was their last meal. She obeyed and the rest was history. To you the things of God would forever remain a mystery!..I have said it before now,if you feel that's the way out i.e,Pastoring,then quit your job.if you will be able to follow&obey God the way these pastors did at least the world would be safer instead of envy,mormour&hate. And if u a moslem,atheist&others,REPENT or Forget it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Timi Frank Advises Saraki: "Watch Your Back While Relating With Oyegun" / Buhari's Health Not As Terrible As Speculated — Presidency / We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.