Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,203 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Federal Govt, Stopped World Bank From Given More Loan To Lagos State Govt.. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Govt, Stopped World Bank From Given More Loan To Lagos State Govt.. (13502 Views)

Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle – World Bank / Benue Militant Who Submitted 84 Guns To The State Govt / Should President goodluck Jonathan Be Given More Chance To Fix Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Govt, Stopped World Bank From Given More Loan To Lagos State Govt.. by mkoabiola: 10:53pm On Nov 29, 2012
$600 million , no b chicken change ooo.
No body holy pass,dey will tel stories afta yrs.
Dey will not judiciously use d money.
Re: Federal Govt, Stopped World Bank From Given More Loan To Lagos State Govt.. by foj31: 11:43pm On Nov 29, 2012
FOLLOW NIGERIANS,I DONT THINK WE SHOULD OVER LABOUR OURSELVES ON THIS ISSUE,it is a known fact that you cannot give what you dont have,therefore we cannot expect much from the federal government.look at the state of federal government road,cant you see they dont have what it takes to deliver and you want them to support a performing fashola.are we not expecting too much?"Aje egbodo ni wan ti won wa e ni re kunra"My dear governor fashola take them to court joo!
Re: Federal Govt, Stopped World Bank From Given More Loan To Lagos State Govt.. by COOLDUN: 3:23am On Nov 30, 2012
Desola:

You disingenuous fellow. I know you only too well and didn't expect anything less from your fallacious mind. You embody all that is untruth and nepotism. You are like a daylight robber; you lie bold faced with impunity. It is in your dna, being ibhoe, I suppose.

How do you pay for the roads in Lagos? Do you pay to walk on the pavements, do you pay road tax to drive on the roads? Do you even pay social security to use the general hospitals?

Asinwin, if Lagos is not free, why do you and your people choose to come here in droves? What, don't tell me, it's because you want to assist us in developing our lands out of the abundant goodness of your heart or to liberate us just like your baboon father ojuiku attempted to free us from the shackles of Nigeria?

And how do you know that this is a bogus claim? Oloshi, enemy of progress. That is why you would only have to venture into our lands to make anything of your lives. You would continue to hate us but not be able to do without us because we are your lifeline!

Olooribu, oo ni kuu re! Akoyoyo lo ma kan e lese! Omolanke lo ma kan e lorun!

Which point were you making?Or just wanted to voice out your anger and frustration on another tribe? Do not forget that Lagos state was a former capital of Nigeria, the development of Lagos was a collective contributions not only your people, I do not support the GEJ led federal government’s stand on the loan issue, because it sounds administrational jealousy. And a politics of bitterness.

After all the loan is needed by a performing governor/government, with visible achievements , he should not cry for the people of Lagos state over the burden or payment of the loan, as long as the loans are duly utilized , after all he is borrowing without a visible achievement from his government. GEJ, should not tell us that if Governor B. Fashola is a PDP governor, that he would have complained of the excess loans. I use India as an example, when they were constructing their underground metro railways in Delhi, the citizens were complaining of the excess loans borrowed by the state government, but after few period of the functioning of the metro lines, they are very happy today, while the loans is being paid back without much stress.

Borrow loans and work with the fund than siphoning them, and put the burden on the masses through harsh economical policies.But, Calling Igbo people names and insults on Ojukwu really exposed your membership of motor pack tout. A a bus stop tax collector in Lagos, please can you tell us that official name please…? Did I hear you say AREA BOY?

1 Like

Re: Federal Govt, Stopped World Bank From Given More Loan To Lagos State Govt.. by tomisinuno(m): 5:47am On Nov 30, 2012
Hehehe...u guyz shuld stop diz..we ar nt alwayz hapi wen we go abroad nd see ow dey discriminate us,we r alwayz complainin nd we wish dt would stop, so why must we now,ourselves,Nigerians descriminate each other..we ar al 1..we r nt separated yet,mayb wen we do, we can den start 2 discriminate. I wish we evn separate nd go our diff wayz for d betternes of evrybdy. Pls let's tak it easy on ourselvs.
Re: Federal Govt, Stopped World Bank From Given More Loan To Lagos State Govt.. by JimmyBoy1: 7:08am On Nov 30, 2012
One needs more information, before and constructive comment can be made on this issue. We need to know the states projected revenue, existing obligation to creditors and value for money audit for project to be financed.
Re: Federal Govt, Stopped World Bank From Given More Loan To Lagos State Govt.. by geez1: 7:24am On Nov 30, 2012
djon78:

hahaha make i come back when they wake up, let me ask you this question , was lagos developed by the yorubas? NO lagos was developed initially by the british and then later by the FG because it was the capital then so my dear lagos has never been what ever it is today because of ur peoples effort rather its because of other peoples effort, even till this present time,

like i stated b4 nija is changing small small and little by little water go find her level, every region will develop at its pace, then you will know whether south east will not also develop.

you are talking of south south being part of biafra and we igbos claiming them, i have this to say to u, we dont claim any part of south south. although there were bad blood btw us and them during those 60s period presently there is cordial relationship btw us and them, it was an igbo man ekwueme who brougth about the minorities having their own region south south during 1993 constitutional conference, also during jonas presidency we gave the south south our full support so there is no wahaala btw us and them, they have their own region we have our own so we are not claiming anything. they are our cousins and brother and neighbours, we intermarry with them a lot likewise the middle belt region also, are our neighbours and brothers, while ur own people are not our neighbours either.

and mind you if na oil u think we are looking for we have our own oil too, but am not even talking about oil rather for my region south east to harness the potential of our people and turn out to be a major globaly recognised industrial region to emerge from sub-sahara africa and my dear we are capable cos i know the potential God gave my pple.

Wasn't Calabar Nigeria's capital at some point? And Lagos ceased to the nation's capital over 20years ago so what has kept the state going? ... The Yoruba ingenuity. Just live with it. Under Yoruba leadership, IGR grew from barely N600m each month in 1999 to over N23bn today. Under the Yorubas, the state has been the trailblazer of states in Nigeria. Under Yoruba leadership, the SW states have reduced poverty in the region and made it the envy of states. The politics, philosophy, psychology and intellect of theYoruba race is something you should learn from and not envy
Re: Federal Govt, Stopped World Bank From Given More Loan To Lagos State Govt.. by djon78(m): 12:09pm On Nov 30, 2012
geez*:

Wasn't Calabar Nigeria's capital at some point? And Lagos ceased to the nation's capital over 20years ago so what has kept the state going? ... The Yoruba ingenuity. Just live with it. Under Yoruba leadership, IGR grew from barely N600m each month in 1999 to over N23bn today. Under the Yorubas, the state has been the trailblazer of states in Nigeria. Under Yoruba leadership, the SW states have reduced poverty in the region and made it the envy of states. The politics, philosophy, psychology and intellect of theYoruba race is something you should learn from and not envy

your claim on calabar is shallow, true calabar was former capital but the level of development put in it was little compared to what the british and FG put in lagos. it was during the oil boom years of the 70s that FG poured in a lot of resources to develop lagos b4 the northerners now moved the capital to abuja.
reduced poverty in south west region indeed? from the data by the government the region with least poverty is south east, so i wonder when ur region had lowest poverty

we dont envy yoruba ingenuity or anything but i know that when it comes to ingenuity my pple get am plenty, i know what we can do it is God given, we have what it takes.

like i said b4 every region will develop at its pace and each region is waking up to reality, because oil will soon dry up or alternative source of energy will replace oil so each region will have to sustain itself, therefore the status quo wont continue.
Re: Federal Govt, Stopped World Bank From Given More Loan To Lagos State Govt.. by nollywood20: 5:40pm On Jan 10, 2013
[size=18pt]American Bank Gives $15.7 Million Loan To Lagos State Government for 32 American Fire-Fighting Trucks
http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2013/01/american-bank-gives-157-million-loan-to.html[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Hosts Imams, Dines With Reps / Buhari Accuses World Bank, IMF, Others Of Publishing Inaccurate Data / Arochukwu Erosion: LGA Asks For Help As Only The Access Road Is At Risk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.