Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,810 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) (27607 Views)

Pre-order Your Car From Germany with just 100,000 + picturesss / CLOSED:Swap 2003 Camry+Cash For 2008 Camry(toks) And 2003 Corola S+Cash For 2009 / We Can Help You Clear Your Desired Car From Coutonu Port To Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by Midas02(m): 1:12am On Feb 11, 2008
Hello,

I am a Nigerian car dealer based in Maryland, USA. I have been in the auto business for 10 years and I have worked hard to maintain my reputation and keep my name out of the mud!!. Since my name and reputation is the only thing I have!. I can procure any vehicle you need as long as it is on wheels (commercial, private or industrial) however I particularly specialize in private motor vehicles. I do not do accident cars!. I try to avoid Cotonou cars because I cannot be held responsible if car is seized by customs! I will be glad to supply my clients with full vehicle history (CarFax) and spare parts for my established clients ( I believe in good customer service). My business policies are simple. The following terms and conditions apply:

1) Client contacts me for Quote/Invoice ( Quote includes Cost of vehicle + Cost of Shipping to Lagos)
2) Client reviews quote and decides if he/she wants to go ahead with transaction
3) Client will be given contact information for my lagos-based partner (who will be fully and legally liable for non-performance!)
4) Client will meet Lagos-based partner and sign legally binding documents (for protection of both parties)
5) Client will release funds to Partner in Nigeria for onward transfer to the USA OR DIRECTLY transfer funds
6) Client is emailed pictures of vehicle and kept abreast with development
7) Specified vehicle arrives in lagos port in 6-8 weeks (Bill of laden will arrive 7-10 days earlier)
8 ) Client is responsible for cost of Clearing vehicle however, we have established relationships with Clearing agents who will handle your cars promptly and as inexpensively as possible

We currently do 3-4 cars to Nigeria every month and we will like to increase the volume of our business to Nigeria.
Interested persons or parties should email me at midas02@yahoo.com and I will be glad to give out my full contact information.
I will also be delighted to give solid references so that propective client can investigate my past performances from real customers.

THINGS I WILL NOT DO;

a) I will not ship or purchase a car without full payment (I have tried that several times and been burnt badly!), so please don't ask.
b) I do not promise you a car in 30 days (shipping alone takes 28 days from the USA!!)
c) I do not finance cars, I am not a finance house or bank
d) If you have doubts about us, please don't do business until you are sure
e) I DO NOT DO ACCIDENT/SALVAGE CARS (please don't ask!)
f) I am not a magician, I do not operate with scammers and I CANNOT GET CARS FROM FBI FOR $500.00 - IT IS A SCAM!!
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by kuntash: 6:41am On Feb 11, 2008
Ship down car wey person never see live, while u take full payment. and if the person no like am nko?
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by Midas02(m): 7:01am On Feb 11, 2008
Like I said , you (the client) specifies what he/she wants. We always ensure that client specifications are met or exceeded. So far we have not had any such situation (perhaps we have been lucky not to have difficult clients). If specifications are difficult or unrealistic, we simply let the client know we can't meet up with their specifications e.g Client looking for a Mercedes Benz E320 with manual (5 speed) transmission, , well Benz did not export E320's with manual transmission to the USA. Another example is a Client looking for a 2004 Honda CRV with low miles for $8000.00, it simply won't happen cos price specification can't be met unless I steal it wink

Some requests will cost you more (because it is like that here), some will take time to find and some are simply impossible. How ever it is,  we let you know.

It is obviously not a business model for everyone and I do not expect everyone to be able to do it however we have been doing this for some years and we have solid references. For those who cannot operate under such terms , I believe there are lots of nice cars in lagos that they could purchase. If you do not like the car, you will be reimbursed your money and the car will be sold!
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by sequencel(m): 7:10am On Feb 11, 2008
@midas02,I like your precise and firm information,i am sure many Nigerians would like to do business with you!I will do in future if need be.
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by Midas02(m): 3:32am On Feb 14, 2008
I appreciate your vote of confidence - Sequencel.
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by earthrealm(m): 4:31am On Feb 14, 2008
midas 02,
sent u a mail, pls chk ur inbox,,am waiting 4 ur reply
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by Nobody: 6:29am On Feb 14, 2008
kuntash:

Ship down car wey person never see live, while u take full payment. and if the person no like am nko?

So, you expect Midas to buy a car on behalf of a client, pay for it himself, arrange for it to be shipped to Lagos, without receiving payment?  shocked

The onus is on the client, to specify what they want, and gather as much information about their chosen model as possible.

I too will NOT ship any products to Nigeria, on the "I'll pay when I receive" terms. Not the way I do business!

@Midas: You're doing your business right, recommendations from some of your clients will be great.
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by adechuks(m): 8:09am On Feb 14, 2008
When i see a business man that is thorough in his pitch, and does not seem to want your business by all means, and (of all things) makes no typo or grammatical errors in his posts, I tend to trust him.

@Midas,
on the average, a 2007 car takes how much to clear, using your clearing agents in naija e.g. the 2007 camry on another thread?
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by Midas02(m): 10:28am On Feb 14, 2008
Earthrealm,
Sorry, I check and I did not get your message could you resend it??
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by Midas02(m): 10:37am On Feb 14, 2008
Adechuks,
It is somewhere in the neighbourhood of N425,000.00 - N450,000.00 to clear a 2007 Camry. I am hoping and working on dropping those figures, but I don't have any good news for you yet.
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by viperman: 11:09am On Feb 14, 2008
Based on my private convo with you, You seem authentic. But i can't be 100% sure until we do business together.

Now,

- Assuming i pay for a car and while it's being shipped a storm or something causing a ship mishap or any form of damage that affects the car; Who bears the loss?

- Why should i trust you with my money when i've not seen or know you, but you can trust my desire to pay for he car on delivery?
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by Gobi38: 3:44pm On Feb 14, 2008
@adechuks : I have a BRAND NEW 2007 LE Camry already in Lagos. check the link below for car details and let me know if you are interested.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-68419.0.html
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by Midas02(m): 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2008
Viperman grin,
You have a healthy dose of imagination but it is not unheard of cheesy. The situation has never happened to us, however it is a possiblity and that is why Clients are always offered the option or choice of extra insurance against Total loss. Regular shipping charges already include insurance, however when such situations like you described occur, brand new cars are a breeze/easy - the value can not be contested!. However, with used cars there is a very high probability that the Insurance company may contest your value and underpay. This is why extra Insurance is advised especially for high-end used cars!. The Insurance usually costs only about 1.0% of the claimed value of a used car and will cover the total value + shipping cost of the vehicle in the event that there is a total loss or heavy damage due to unforseen accidents, natural disasters and AOGs (Act of God).

In shipping disasters/accident you always get compensated!. The extra Insurance is just to make sure you are never under-compensated!. In times of stress, large corporations tend to do strange things and often act unfairly - you will be protected against such acts.  I hope this answers your question.
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by klas(m): 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2008
At what stage do I take responsibility for the car. Before or after clearing? You only said I will be responsible for the cost of clearing. I assume I will use your agent since I am far from Lagos.

Will it come containerised or roll-on-roll-off (roro)?

If roro, how do I address possible vandalisation by wharf rats. This is Nigeria.

Is it possible for me to know how much the total cost ex-port will be. You know Nigeria, the car may land at the port cheap but the cost of clearing - legal and illegal- will wipe off any gain when compared to local sourcing.

I have read your other auto-related posts and I believe you know your stuff but will the thing reach my garage the way you sent it?
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by Midas02(m): 4:44pm On Feb 14, 2008
Generally speaking, I Ro-Ro most cars (95%) unless the Client specifies otherwise. Years ago when ports where really bad, I use to containerize every car I sent to lagos however, the recent arrival of Grimaldi Shipping and Dock management in Lagos port has made life easier for us. I haven't had any issues with vandalism in the last one year except for one incident when the AC control (dial knob) for a Honda Accord was removed and stolen. I sent replacement knobs to the Client.

Containers are more expensive to ship (per car), more expensive to clear (per car) and you often have to share a container with others unless you have multiple cars otherwise your cost will be astronomical!. Ro-Ro is fast (21-28 days), specifically designed for cars, you run less risk in damaging cars in transit. The only problem is the risk of vandalism and theft. Grimaldi lines has done an excellent job of securing and establishing control in their docks in Lagos. Unless your car stayed too long and entered into demorage, it is unlikely to be tampered with. Anyhow my Agents start processing my papers before the car lands so that when the actual car arrives, it is secured and we have it cleared within the week.

What stage a Client takes responsibility for the car depends on whether he/she uses our Agents or not. If Client is using our Agents, then responsibility for the car passes to the client once car is delivered to the Client. However, if client decides to use his/her own agent, then responsibility passes to Client once the car reaches the port.
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by adechuks(m): 4:52pm On Feb 14, 2008
Gobi38:

@adechuks : I have a BRAND NEW 2007 LE Camry already in Lagos. check the link below for car details and let me know if you are interested.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-68419.0.html
Bros, u never sell that car?
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by ibaka: 5:56pm On Feb 14, 2008
Corolla in CE or LE automatic or manual transmission

Camry in CE, LE or XLE trim 4Cyl automatic or manual transmission
just in good working condition
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by Gobi38: 6:04pm On Feb 14, 2008
@adechuks - the car is still available, the shipment was delayed it arrived Lagos end of December 2007. I am ready to let it go for 4.1m - only for serious buyers. If interested, contact me via fosagie@aol.com
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by VINDYLOMO(m): 4:53pm On Feb 15, 2008
Hi midas02,
Ilove your business presentation and sincererity, pls is it possible to get 2001 camry or Honda Accord with full options with $7,000.00 shipment included? and millage not more than 140,000? If yes contact me on this address, talk2myvindy@yahoo.com
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by Midas02(m): 7:43pm On Feb 15, 2008
Vindylomo, I will be in touch. Thanks.
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by RealMan3(m): 4:44pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ midas

I really like the way you presented your business except that a try will convince me but all the same , I like your presentation.

Can you tell me how to know my ride has arrived at the port? who will be giving me the up to date info of the shipping till it reaches lagos?

Will your patner in lagos( pretended I did not remember him in the above questions) play a big role in the clearing of the vehicle?
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by Midas02(m): 5:46pm On Feb 20, 2008
Real Man,
Like I said earlier, Client will be duly informed of every step of the purchase, including pictures, ship boarding, date of arrival of ship, ship name etc. Shipping Bill of Laden will be sent to Client 7-10 days before car arrives in Lagos. However, if Client has decided to use our clearing agents, then Bill of Laden will simply be handed over to my Lagos partner who will engage the services of our Clearing Agents. Emails and phone calls are usually the preferred means of communication. Thanks.
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by LordReed(m): 9:39am On Feb 21, 2008
Can u get customized cars? Like I want something only car customizers offer can u get it? Wat are ur charges like?
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by Delta007(m): 1:09am On Feb 22, 2008
Midas, i sent u a mail cpl days ago. Havent got a reply yet. Can u get in touch with me? delta00755 at yahoo dot com
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by Midas02(m): 6:49am On Feb 22, 2008
LORD REED,

I usually get whatever the customer specifies as long as it is for sale somewhere however, if I cannot find or get it I will duly inform client. it is also possible to have a customs builder/firm make a special modification for a customer (as long as customer is willing to pay). My charges are all inclusive - meaning I give you a total package price.

DELTA007,

I am sorry, I did not get your mail and cannot find it in my inbox. I usually reply to all my mails at the end of each day however, I have taken the liberty of sending one out to the email address that you gave. Thank you.
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by Delta007(m): 1:42pm On Feb 22, 2008
@Midas:
I got your reply last night. I'd give you a ring later today.
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by automaster: 3:04pm On Feb 22, 2008
please do not pay 4 a car u have not seen except u have enough proof that it is not a fraud.
i was almost duped through a very close friend.most of the guys who claim to bring in cars from america are fraudstars.
please u all should be careful.
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by Midas02(m): 3:17pm On Feb 22, 2008
Automaster,

I am sorry about your nasty experience but that does not give you a right to come to my thread and implicitly imply that I am a fraud!. I believe you went thru your "close friend", so why don't you go and iron it out with your friend and his buddies!. Nobody comes to Nigeria and starts calling everybody a fraud simply because he was duped by 419 boys?. If you have issues please take it elsewhere. I consider your generalisation and insinuations very crude and uncooked!. Pls refrain from entry into this thread if you have nothing to add. Thank you.
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by automaster: 4:24pm On Feb 22, 2008
midas02,
read again through my post

please do not pay 4 a car u have not seen except u have enough proof that it is not a fraud.
i was almost duped through a very close friend.most of the guys who claim to bring in cars from america are fraudstars.
[color=#990000][/color]

i was just advising buyers to apply caution,i never said u were a fraud,ther is a saying in my place that the name people will call you,it is you that will give it to your self.also u are very rude,i wonder how u manage in business.
infact your cars are over priced.thief like you.
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by Delta007(m): 5:22pm On Feb 22, 2008
automaster:

midas02,
read again through my post

[color=#990000][/color]

i was just advising buyers to apply caution,i never said u were a fraud,ther is a saying in my place that the name people will call you,it is you that will give it to your self.also u are very rude,i wonder how u manage in business.
infact your cars are over priced.thief like you.
Inasmuch as I have never dealt with Midas, there is no need for this crap u just wrote. U need to grow up!
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by Midas02(m): 6:17pm On Feb 22, 2008
Automaster is obviously a fustrated man. I do not know him and have never had any communications with him (private or otherwise!). In any line of business, one runs into all sorts - the good, the crude and the ugly!. I will refrain from joining issues with 'Automaster' since any further exchange will only elevate his status and serves me no purpose.
Re: Custom Order Your Car From The USA To Nigeria (VIEW NEW ORDERS FOR 2009!) by mailmalc(m): 8:54pm On Feb 22, 2008
@automaster
you' just gave the right warning on the wrong thread. You simply tryin to contradict midas02 so to avoid this, i suggest you open ur own thread topic.

@Midas02
carry on jare grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PURE ANDROID Car DVD Navi System Now Available On Pre Order / Chief Debom Is Back!!! *Pre-Ordered 2003 Lexus RX300 From Fhemmmy - LOADED* HERE / @-DEBOM Is Back And Stronger**2008 HONDA ACCORD - Super Loaded *CLEARED* Fhemmmy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.