Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,284 members, 7,846,298 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Nigerian Post Office Palava... Visa Application Documents Missing! HELP!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Post Office Palava... Visa Application Documents Missing! HELP!!! (542 Views)

Nigerian Post Office! Pls Advice. / Ikeja Post Office / Price To Ship Documents From Nigeria To USA Via UPS, DHL, FEDEX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Post Office Palava... Visa Application Documents Missing! HELP!!! by jaynoire: 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2012
Hello all, you'll never believe the shock that hit me and my family today! My brother sent me some documents two fridays ago that had to do with my mum's visa application as we needed to sort things out for her from over here in London. It was sent via Registered mail at NIPOST from Festac in Lagos Nigeria. When the package arrived today in London, I noticed that the following had disappeared: Original Visa Application Forms (both her 1st and 2nd applications), and Photocopy of her 2nd Visa Application form. The only one they left there amongst other documents for me was her 'photocopied' 1st visa application form.
On notification, my brother and mum drove down to the post office- today- where they met the woman in charge there- who also spoke with me on the phone, as my brother wanted her to hear from me, and vice versa. The woman requested- politely, that I enquire from Royal Mail here in London and make my complain, bearing in mind that I had told her there is no way they would have opened the big enveloped package over here. However, I showed courtesy,and spoke to Royal mail here who confirmed my initial thoughts...

I reached my family again (NIPOST had closed by then) and we have now confirmed that it is possible that whoever attended to my brother at the counter that day removed the documents (FOR WHAT? ONLY GOD KNOWS!) because as my brother told us: The man at the counter went through the contents of the big envelope (which was not yet sealed) weighed the contents of the documents, and told my brother the cost- who paid, and gave my brother a tracking number... but did not seal up the envelope in front of him. My brother left in the notion that the man would just carry out what was required of him and then seal the envelope. I must state that on that fateful day, while my brother was at the post office, he went through (over the phone) all the documents that were in the large envelope- so I knew exactly what was arriving because I told him all the things I needed.

My brother and mum have now decided to go to NIPOST again, tomorrow, to see the woman in charge- the annoying thing is, they will probably deny this or not even want to make any effort at investigating the matter.

Please does anyone know a strong body that we can report that to? The Nigerian police is corrupt as things stand. Because my mum's visa applications are all missing- all the originals! And these are the ones I need to submit in processing her visa! HELP!!!

(1) (Reply)

Buy Any Vehicle Of Your Choice and Pay In Installments / Liberty Reserv 4 Sale Urgently / Domicilary Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.