Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,032 members, 7,821,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? (2494 Views)

Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? / Factors That Can Lead To Sexual Impurity / Churches That Can Lead You To Hell Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by BukkyDan(f): 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2012
things we take for granted can lead to hell... no sin is small,all sin are of the same sizes. Gossiping,mockery/jesting and judging people can lead you to hell.It was revealed to me,take heed,be blessed in Jesus name
Re: Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by advocate666: 12:31am On Nov 29, 2012
now i am shaking
Re: Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by BukkyDan(f): 10:47pm On Nov 29, 2012
dnt shake @ advocate, jst repent
Re: Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by eddy1977(m): 11:58pm On Nov 29, 2012
I respectfully disagree with you poster because the only sin that leads to hell is the sin of rejecting jesus. John 16:8
The word of God teaches us that only by grace are we saved. Ephesians 2:8
Not by "not sinning", but by his grace . This doesn't mean that we should go out and live like heathens.
Religion has blinded many Christians for so long by teaching that we must earn our way to heaven.if we r holy enough.
God doesn't let you in heaven because you were blameless and holy. He only let's you in heaven if Romans 10:9 is a reality to you.
Re: Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by BukkyDan(f): 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2012
@eddy, i won't argue with you, you are on your own.....#i reserve my remaining statements#
Re: Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by eddy1977(m): 10:51pm On Dec 03, 2012
BukkyDan: @eddy, i won't argue with you, you are on your own.....#i reserve my remaining statements#

I understand.
Re: Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by ffo(m): 2:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
eddy1977: I respectfully disagree with you poster because the only sin that leads to hell is the sin of rejecting jesus. John 16:8
Not by "not sinning", but by his grace . This doesn't mean that we should go out and live like heathens.
Religion has blinded many Christians for so long by teaching that we must earn our way to heaven.if we r holy enough.
God doesn't let you in heaven because you were blameless and holy. He only let's you in heaven if Romans 10:9 is a reality to you.

Because you have the grace, you can go about committing sin? because sin is not in your dictionary?
Re: Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by eddy1977(m): 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
ffo:

Because you have the grace, you can go about committing sin? because sin is not in your dictionary?

On the contrary,grace empowers the believers to live above sin. Titus 2:11_13.
Please,don't complicate the gospel with hard theology and personal understanding. Why is it that most Christians do their best to scare people with doom,gloom,hell,etc... While the new testament makes it really simple?

Heaven is not a reward.it is a gift. Only God,s grace can empower a person to live victorious,sin free and enter heaven. Rom 6:23.
Re: Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by ffo(m): 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
eddy1977:

On the contrary,grace empowers the believers to live above sin. Titus 2:11_13.
Please,don't complicate the gospel with hard theology and personal understanding. Why is it that most Christians do their best to scare people with doom,gloom,hell,etc... While the new testament makes it really simple?

Heaven is not a reward.it is a gift. Only God,s grace can empower a person to live victorious,sin free and enter heaven. Rom 6:23.

its a gradual thing,on daily basis as 1 grows spirtualy,sometimes u may yield 2 d desirs of d flesh.
Re: Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by sublimes: 8:33pm On Dec 30, 2012
eddy1977: I respectfully disagree with you poster because the only sin that leads to hell is the sin of rejecting jesus. John 16:8

This is simply the gospel of grace and salvation. We are justified not by our works of righteousness but by the finished work of Christ. Just by believing in christ Jesus, I am saved.

1 Like

Re: Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by eddy1977(m): 1:22am On Dec 31, 2012
sublimes:
This is simply the gospel of grace and salvation. We are justified not by our works of righteousness but by the finished work of Christ. Just by believing in christ Jesus, I am saved.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by eddy1977(m): 1:32am On Dec 31, 2012
ffo:

its a gradual thing,on daily basis as 1 grows spirtualy,sometimes u may yield 2 d desirs of d flesh.

The grace of God teaches and empowers the believer not to yield to the desires of the flesh.
Sin consciousness will make you aware of sins everyday and keep you in bondage to sin and guilt forever.

Have you ever noticed that the new testament doesn't teach : confess your sins and you shall be saved?
It only teaches: confess jesus and you shall be saved.

You can either be jesus conscious or sin conscious. The choice is yours. Sin conscious says: if i stop sinning,God will be pleased with me. Jesus conscious says: if i simply love jesus,God will be pleased with me.
Re: Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by manmacho: 8:17am On Dec 31, 2012
eddy1977:

The grace of God teaches and empowers the believer not to yield to the desires of the flesh.
Sin consciousness will make you aware of sins everyday and keep you in bondage to sin and guilt forever.

Have you ever noticed that the new testament doesn't teach : confess your sins and you shall be saved?
It only teaches: confess jesus and you shall be saved.

You can either be jesus conscious or sin conscious. The choice is yours. Sin conscious says: if i stop sinning,God will be pleased with me. Jesus conscious says: if i simply love jesus,God will be pleased with me.
God bless you sir, i suppose this short and powerful revelation will set many free. A lot of time all we hear is the gospel of john the baptist - gospel of repentance rather than the gospel of christ - the power of the spirit in man to live above sin
Re: Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 31, 2012
@eddy
If a man dies in SIN he/she is a candidate of hell. Don't take the coming of Jesus purposely for our sin for granted. Anytime a man sin against God,he should ask for forgiveness through Jesus christ and repent genuinely.You have to be sin conscious and at the same time be Jesus conscious bc no one knows when he will die.

1 Like

Re: Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by eddy1977(m): 3:46pm On Dec 31, 2012
manmacho:
God bless you sir, i suppose this short and powerful revelation will set many free. A lot of time all we hear is the gospel of john the baptist - gospel of repentance rather than the gospel of christ - the power of the spirit in man to live above sin

Amen brother. Most folks live on the wrong side of the cross. As if the finished work of calvary was not enough. Christ paid for our redemption once and for all. Heb 9:12.
The gospel of john is being taught today and that's why most Christians have the performance mentality. If i am holy enough God will bless me and save me. The truth is ,the best of us is still repugnant without divine grace. But through the unmerited favor of our lord jesus,the worst of us can be justified and call God: Abba.
I am so glad i dont have to impress God with my righteousness. I only depend on christ and his righteousness. Thank you so much jesus for paying the price and givin me your righteousness.

1 Like

Re: Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 31, 2012
"I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish." - Luke 13:3

""God overlooked people's ignorance about these things in earlier times, but now he commands everyone everywhere to repent of their sins and turn to him." - Acts 17:30

Repentance first and then acceptance into the Kingdom of GOD by the new birth through the Holy Spirit.

Living a victorious life takes an effort, you cannot sit back and continue sinning and expect to be saved, no way.

You have a duty to keep yourself in the Love of Christ and the presense of the spirit will be with you permanently , providing you with sin breaking ability.

But if you do not keep yourself in the Love of Christ by choosing to keep on sinning, you are on your own.

"If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned." - John 15:6
Re: Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by eddy1977(m): 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2012
415volt: @eddy
If a man dies in SIN he/she is a candidate of hell. Don't take the coming of Jesus purposely for our sin for granted. Anytime a man sin against God,he should ask for forgiveness through Jesus christ and repent genuinely.You have to be sin conscious and at the same time be Jesus conscious bc no one knows when he will die.

Have you considered 1 john 2:1_4?
Jesus is our advocate to the father.
If a man dies in sin he is a candidate of hell? What is sin? Have checked out james 4:17? Which says that sin is not only doing bad things but not doing the good you know you should do. Now,tell me which sin will take you to hell? The bad you did or the good you didnt do?
The answer is simple: none. Jesus went to hell for you when he paid the full price of your redemption. If you are in him,he has sealed you with his spirit for salvation. Ephesians 1:13 _14.
Now that my friend,is the good news.
Re: Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by eddy1977(m): 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2012
frosbel: "I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish." - Luke 13:3

""God overlooked people's ignorance about these things in earlier times, but now he commands everyone everywhere to repent of their sins and turn to him." - Acts 17:30

Repentance first and then acceptance into the Kingdom of GOD by the new birth through the Holy Spirit.

Living a victorious life takes an effort, you cannot sit back and continue sinning and expect to be saved, no way.

You have a duty to keep yourself in the Love of Christ and the presense of the spirit will be with you permanently , providing you with sin breaking ability.

But if you do not keep yourself in the Love of Christ by choosing to keep on sinning, you are on your own.

"If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned." - John 15:6

If only you read those 3 passages in context,you would see that he is not talking about heaven and hell.
The confusion that most religious people have is that they dont understand the meaning of hebrews 9:12 and 2 Corinthians 5:17.

God is not mad at you. His anger has been appeased.the veil of separation between him and man has been removed by the finished work of jesus. He is no longer imputing your sins to you. The price that jesus paid exceeded the penalty.

The moment you confess that jesus is the son of God and believe with your heart that he died and rose for your sins,you become a new creature.just as he is so are you. Not only that,you receive a supernatural seal on your spirit.that means,your spirit can never ever ever ever ever be tainted with sin. Eph 1:14.

Does this mean,go ahead and party and live like a scoundrel? No. Because if you do,you will open the door to satan and he will hurt your body and your soul.but not your spirit.
Because you are born of God,now you need to focus on jesus. The religious mind doesnt receive this knowledge because it's not what your church taught you. Your church taught you to strive to be holy and pure and righteous. Sorry,your church lied and got you under bondage.
Re: Minor Things Can Lead To Hell? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 31, 2012
@ op,what does yr bible teach u? Are u saved by grace or works? It's a shame dat u dont study yr bible well.

(1) (Reply)

Wisdom, Knowledge, And Understanding : - Pastor Chris / Prophet Mohammed Footpath Spotted In Suleja / Who Is Jesus?.......lets Reason......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.