Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,201 members, 7,835,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? (2740 Views)

Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? / Is Pledging Allegiance Shirk Or Haram? / Is This Shirk? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by Nobody: 1:59am On Nov 29, 2012
Put simply, shirk (polytheism or associating partners with Allah/God) is the worst sin in Islam. There is no forgiveness for shirk in Islam.

However, shirk is actually the religion of millions of people (polytheism, pagan religions). Shirk was the way of all our Nigerian forefathers and ancestors before Arabs and Europeans came with islam and christianity. In my own opinion, the Islamic disgust with shirk highlights an intolerance and a disrespect to religions that preceded itself. How can one tolerate plurality of religions when you have classified polytheists such as many pagans as the most heinous sinners known to God?

What complicates this matter and makes it worse is the logic behind this. A thieving muslim can repent and go to heaven. A fornicating muslim can repent and go to heaven. However, a saintly or good polytheist will burn in Jahannam (hell).

Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin most heinous indeed. -- Sura 4:48

Allah forgiveth not (the sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this: one who joins other gods with Allah, Hath strayed far, far away (from the right). -- Sura 4:116

"Jibril came to me and gave me this glad tiding: "-Anyone from your ummah will enter Paradise if he dies without associating partners with Allah". Thereupon, I said to him, "-Even if he commits fornication and theft?" He replied, " Yes, even if he commits fornication and theft " According to what our Prophet (pbuh) narrates, he asked Jibril this question three times and he received the same answer each time. (Bukhari, Janaiz, 1, Libas, 24, Isti`zan, 30, Riqaq, 13,14, Tawhid, 33; Muslim, Iman, 153, 154, Zakah, 32,33; Tirmidhi, Iman, 18; Ahmad b. Hanbal, V, 152, 159, 161, VI, 166)

1 Like

Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by ghazzal: 9:02am On Nov 29, 2012
fornication and theft have their respective punishment according to sharia.the above hadith will want me to ask why must i accept punishment since i am already saved.

In islam, every act of man have its reward-rewards could be favourable or unfavourable. so whoever funicates will either be rewarded in this life or in the life-to-come.

and the reward for a mushrik is as you said. but what happens if a mushrik also repents? or dont you think you can also repent like the fornicator or the thief in your example. May The most high God guide us to righteousness.
Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 29, 2012
ghazzal: fornication and theft have their respective punishment according to sharia.the above hadith will want me to ask why must i accept punishment since i am already saved.

In islam, every act of man have its reward-rewards could be favourable or unfavourable. so whoever funicates will either be rewarded in this life or in the life-to-come.

and the reward for a mushrik is as you said. but what happens if a mushrik also repents? or dont you think you can also repent like the fornicator or the thief in your example. May The most high God guide us to righteousness.

There is no forgiveness for the mushrik as stated by the Quran
Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by F00028: 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2012
hiya, logic!
you know for an atheist you worry an awful lot about heaven and hell.

here's my take: heaven belongs to God. He has clearly stated if come to Him a mushrik you're not getting in but there's that other place. His place, His rules. simple.

2 Likes

Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 29, 2012
F00028: hiya, logic!

here's my take: heaven belongs to God. He has clearly stated if come to Him a mushrik you're not getting in but there's that other place. His place, His rules. simple.

How many pagans have you told this heartwarming truth that they are going to burn in hell, not because of their deeds but just because they follow the wrong religion.

2 Likes

Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 29, 2012
I h0pe you're n0t generalizing, 2:62 and 5:69 makes it clear Christians will enter heaven u see. grin
I saw d link 2 ur thread p0pping up everywhere had 2 check it 0ut
Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by missbola1(f): 1:45pm On Nov 29, 2012

That's true why are atheists worry so much about hell? they dont believe in GOD so why should they care about Hell? they believe that when they die that it! they dont want to live their life under GOD's RULES but they forget that when u buy sometin it comes with manual.
we believers believe in GOD and we are the one who should worry about Hell.

The Christians believe that to go to Heaven, u have to believe that JESUS(PBUH) IS THE SON OF GOD & GOD, HE DIED FOR OUR SINS. BUT WHERE IN THE WHOLE BIBLE THAT JESUS HIMSELF SAID 'I AM GOD AND WORSHIP ME'? IN LUKE 22 VERSE 67-71 JESUS SAID HE IS SON OF MAN, YET THEY CALL HIM SON OF GOD AND HE REPLIED "YE SAY THAT I AM.

AS FOR ISLAM; the biggest Insult said unto GOD in the Holy Quran is to attribute a Son to GOD. THIS IS SHIRK/BIGGEST SIN AND THERE'S NO FORGIVENESS FOR THAT IF U DIE BELIEVING THAT JESUS IS GOD OR SON OF GOD. You have to believe that there's no deity worth worshiping except GOD/ALLAH and Prophet Muhammad is the last Messenger.

THAT'S IT!!

1 Like

Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2012
miss_bola:

That's true why are atheists worry so much about hell? they dont believe in GOD so why should they care about Hell? they believe that when they die that it! they dont want to live their life under GOD's RULES but they forget that when u buy sometin it comes with manual.
we believers believe in GOD and we are the one who should worry about Hell.

The Christians believe that to go to Heaven, u have to believe that JESUS(PBUH) IS THE SON OF GOD & GOD, HE DIED FOR OUR SINS. BUT WHERE IN THE WHOLE BIBLE THAT JESUS HIMSELF SAID 'I AM GOD AND WORSHIP ME'? IN LUKE 22 VERSE 67-71 JESUS SAID HE IS SON OF MAN, YET THEY CALL HIM SON OF GOD AND HE REPLIED "YE SAY THAT I AM.

AS FOR ISLAM; the biggest Insult said unto GOD in the Holy Quran is to attribute a Son to GOD. THIS IS SHIRK/BIGGEST SIN AND THERE'S NO FORGIVENESS FOR THAT IF U DIE BELIEVING THAT JESUS IS GOD OR SON OF GOD. You have to believe that there's no deity worth worshiping except GOD/ALLAH and Prophet Muhammad is the last Messenger.

THAT'S IT!!

Wrong. It is not hell that scares me. It is the sadistic and psychopathic mind that wishes it to be true.

1 Like

Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by vedaxcool(m): 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2012

lol grin grin grin grin grin, he even went as far as quoting a bishop who said atheist will go to heaven, talk of scary "fiction"
Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2012
vedaxcool:

lol grin grin grin grin grin, he even went as far as quoting a bishop who said atheist will go to heaven, talk of scary "fiction"

Vedaxcool strategy;

- Troll or make nonsense comments on non-muslim threads.
Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by tbaba1234: 4:48pm On Nov 29, 2012
If you die in shirk, there is no forgiveness. But you can still seek forgiveness n repent in this world.

Logicboy is trying his hardest to bury the truth even when it has become apparent to him. Just make sure, you do not die associating partners with God.

And if you have tied your knot on atheism, know then that Allah has tied His knot, and His is permanent, yours is temporary. When you are faced with reality, you too will come to know.

1 Like

Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by vedaxcool(m): 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2012
Logicboy03:

Vedaxcool strategy;

- Troll or make nonsense comments on non-muslim threads.

You have no repect fro your god - Troll! grin grin grin grin
Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 29, 2012
tbaba1234: If you die in shirk, there is no forgiveness. But you can still seek forgiveness n repent in this world.

Logicboy is trying his hardest to bury the truth even when it has become apparent to him. Just make sure, you do not die associating partners with God.

And if you have tied your knot on atheism, know then that Allah has tied His knot, and His is permanent, yours is temporary. When you are faced with reality, you too will come to know.

Tbaba, it is not dying in shirk that is the main problem here. Shirk is unforgivable whether you die in it or not.

I am not afraid of hell, I am only afraid of the minds that wish it to be true
Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by tbaba1234: 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2012
Logicboy03:

Tbaba, it is not dying in shirk that is the main problem here. Shirk is unforgivable whether you die in it or not.

I am not afraid of hell, I am only afraid of the minds that wish it to be true

That is incorrect, all sins are forgivable on this earth if one seeks forgiveness. In the hereafter, all sins are forgivable except those who did shirk.

1 Like

Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by F00028: 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2012
Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2012
tbaba1234:

That is incorrect, all sins are forgivable on this earth if one seeks forgiveness. In the hereafter, all sins are forgivable except those who did shirk.

Wrong.

Because you would be saying that I can rape your sisters and murder your family and still go to heaven.

Stop lying
Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by F00028: 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2012
Logicboy03:
How many pagans have you told this
heartwarming truth that they are going
to burn in hell, not because of their deeds
but just because they follow the wrong
religion.

dammit, logic! pay attention: His house, His rules.
if they follow another religion, am sure they don't believe it's wrong. why should they care what we say?

Logicboy03:
Wrong. It is not hell that scares me. It is the sadistic and psychopathic mind that wishes it to be true.
funny enough if you look at history its those that dont believe in our heaven and hell that have given us all the "sadistic and psychopathic" mass murderers the human race has ever known.
Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2012
F00028:
dammit, logic! pay attention: His house, His rules.
if they follow another religion, am sure they don't believe it's wrong. why should they care what we say?

God floods the land and kills people in the Quran- His hous, his rules

God turns people into apes- his house his rules

God destroys Sodom- his house his rules

I wonder when someone will tell the truth about God

F00028:
funny enough if you look at history its those that dont believe in our heaven and hell that have given us all the "sadistic and psychopathic" mass murderers the human race has ever known.

Ah, yes. You dont have to be a believer to be a psychopath. That much we agree on.
Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by tbaba1234: 5:37pm On Nov 29, 2012
Shirk is worse than all the sins you mentioned ... worse than murder, worse than rape... All sins are forgivable on the day of resurrection except shirk

1 Like

Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
tbaba1234: Shirk is worse than all the sins you mentioned ... worse than murder, worse than rape... All sins are forgivable on the day of resurrection except shirk

Yes, keep repeating the lines from the Quran like a parrot when you run out of logical arguments.

Shirk is someones religion. Shows how intolerant you are.

1 Like

Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by tbaba1234: 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
When you face Him,tell him 'the truth' if you can.

Just do not die in a state of kufr for your own sake.
Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 29, 2012
tbaba1234: When you face Him,tell him 'the truth' if you can.

Just do not die in a state of kufr for your own sake.

You live in a kufr land, you use kufr technology, you use kufr amenities, you drive kufr cars.

Shut the hell up. angry

1 Like

Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:55pm On Nov 29, 2012
GREAT TOPIC LOGICBOY03! I THANK YOU FOR EXPOSING HOW MUCH DECEITFUL STUFFS THE QURAAN PREACHES AGAINST US PAGANS/TRADITIONALISTS!

ALL OF THESE HYPOCRITES HERE HAVE PAGAN ANCESTORS WHO PERFORMED GREATER DEEDS THAN THEM! angry angry angry angry

TRAITORS RUNNING AFTER THEIR SLAVE-MASTER ARABS! angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:57pm On Nov 29, 2012
HAUSA LANGUAGE, HAUSA CULTURE, HAUSA RELIGION, HAUSA MUSIC, HAUSA FOOD, HAUSA ARCHITECTURE, THIS IS ALL INVENTED BY KUFRS! SINCE THIS IS EVERYTHING INSIDE YOUR SYSTEM, YOU TOO ARE AN INVENTION OF THE KUFRS!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry

SAME GOES TO ALL YOU FUULBE AND KANUURI AND YORUBA! angry

1 Like

Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 29, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
GREAT TOPIC LOGICBOY03! I THANK YOU FOR EXPOSING HOW MUCH DECEITFUL STUFFS THE QURAAN PREACHES AGAINST US PAGANS/TRADITIONALISTS!

ALL OF THESE HYPOCRITES HERE HAVE PAGAN ANCESTORS WHO PERFORMED GREATER DEEDS THAN THEM! angry angry angry angry

TRAITORS RUNNING AFTER THEIR SLAVE-MASTER ARABS! angry angry angry angry

I have tried my best to tell them their roots but no, they wish to accept this foreign religion that insults and demean their ancestors and heritage

1 Like

Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2012
EVEN ARABIC LANGUAGE IS INVENTED BY KUFR! angry
Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
EVEN ARABI LANGUAGE IS INVENTED BY KUFR! angry

lol.....Muhammad's father was a pagan grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2012
Logicboy03, i thank you for your support truly. i ave no enimity against you whatsoever your beliefs because what matter is that you have self-respect for your identity, your ancestors and your culture. If there are Gods above, or not, you are on the right.
Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:01pm On Nov 29, 2012
muhammads mother was also Pagan and followed traditional Arab religion.
Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:04pm On Nov 29, 2012
if you muslim have any self-respect, give up everything invented by us Pagans and we will give up everything invented by you muslims. you can go invent your own language, culture, dress, etc.. just leave everything of ours since you always like to curse, kill and make fun of us.

2 Likes

Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 29, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
Logicboy03, i thank you for your support truly. i ave no enimity against you whatsoever your beliefs because what matter is that you have self-respect for your identity, your ancestors and your culture. If there are Gods above, or not, you are on the right.

Lol....thanks. I learnt from British pagans here in the UK. They are open with their religion and many of them dont mind that you dont believe because their religions are humanistic. They dont lie about the hard part of their religion unlike the likes of Tbaba that will paint a perfect picture of islam. To the edcated pagan, it is irrelevant if you believe or dont believe in the religion, what matters is the human respect- we are all products of nature.

However, in islam, if you dont believe in Allah, all hell will break lose on you...........
Re: Shirk/mushrik; An Example Of Intolerance? by tbaba1234: 6:11pm On Nov 29, 2012
Logicboy03:

You live in a kufr land, you use kufr technology, you use kufr amenities, you drive kufr cars

Not every non Muslim is a kafir. A kafir is one who rejects truth when it comes to him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Calling Of Early Morning Prayer(solat Subuhi) / Information Obsession: One Of The Fitnah Of This Ummah / "Bomb Blasts In Nigeria Ridiculing Islam" -Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.