Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,193 members, 7,839,061 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa (5212 Views)

Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers / I Sometimes Miss My Way In Aso Villa - President Buhari / Patience Jonathan Commences Packing Out Of Aso Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by naptu2: 9:22am On Nov 29, 2012
1) When the Presidency was at Marina, they used the garden and dinning room @ State House Marina. Where that wasn't adequate, they used Glover Hall, City Hall, etc.

2) When the Presidency was in Ikoyi, they used Federal Palace Hotel, National Theatre, Nigerian Institute of International Affairs, Army Officer's Mess, etc.

3) When the Presidency moved to Abuja, they used Nicon Noga Hilton, Sheraton Hotel, Agura Hotel, International Conference Centre, etc.

These places still exist. I wasn't in support of building the Banquet Hall @ Aso Rock in 2003, but they said they needed it because of all the world leaders that were going to attend CHOGM. Why build another one 9 years later?
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Super1759: 9:23am On Nov 29, 2012
honeric01:

so its okay for criminals to steal and rape your kids since you say "he who's without sin, let him cast a stone". which kind people dey this country self?
I don't understand the direction you are coming from, my statement simply points to perfection. Of course we are engulfed in the hollow of corruption and no one is a saint. Goodluck is not in anyway worse than the erstwhile president and the past leaders ibb,abacha et al. I think he has a formation he is working out on. The problem is he is just compounding enemies which is not a credit. But then he is up to something better,even best for nigeria. Cuts some slack for that man joor
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Super1759: 9:27am On Nov 29, 2012
Demdem:

Of cos the retardeen is blessed. Him and his fellow Aso gluttons currently eat approx 1billion naira worth of food while so many of his country men wallow in poverty. Who will say such isn't blessed?
I don't know what you are talking about. He,on press meeting told us that he eats even twice and. Not even much. Stop painting a bad illusion here
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by burkutu: 9:29am On Nov 29, 2012
Super1759: the name didn't originate from you but as long as nairaland is concerned, you have taken it upon your self to invoke the name by all means, 9-out of 10 of your posts carries the name
i like the name retardeen. its not ambiguous.unlike dr jonathan. i mean its impossible to link his actions or inactions with a phd holder.but 'retardeen',really befitting.the name defines the man aptly.its like a mad man doing mad things and being called a mad man.its a no brainer.
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by honeric01(m): 9:30am On Nov 29, 2012
Super1759: I don't understand the direction you are coming from, my statement simply points to perfection. Of course we are engulfed in the hollow of corruption and no one is a saint. Goodluck is not in anyway worse than the erstwhile president and the past leaders ibb,abacha et al. I think he has a formation he is working out on. The problem is he is just compounding enemies which is not a credit. But then he is up to something better,even best for nigeria. Cuts some slack for that man joor

, how many of the past presidents used 2.2BILLION NAIRA [/b]to build banquet hall? how many of them used [b]1 billion naira to eat in a year? GOSH, IQ dey reduce the more for this country o.

EVEN IF THE PAST SPENT LIKE THIS, ARE WE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE GETTING BETTER BY SPENDING LESSER? angry angry angry angry

UP TO SOMETHING BETTER BY SENDING US MORE INTO DEBTS? SUBSIDY IS GOING TO CRIPPLE NIGERIA BUT USING 2.2billion to build a banquet hall that's even in existent before is not going to cripple Nigeria nor will 5.2 Billion to build an insured UN house won't cripple Nigeria?

ARRGGGHHHHHH!!!!! WE HAVE MORE RETARDS IN THIS COUNTRY THAN EVER BEFORE! angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by idlaw2k3(m): 9:32am On Nov 29, 2012
2015 is around the corner
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Demdem(m): 9:34am On Nov 29, 2012
Super1759: I don't know what you are talking about. He,on press meeting told us that he eats even twice and. Not even much. Stop painting a bad illusion here

Ok Oga, u will understand now.
Tell me what was budgeted for food, refreshment and entertainment in aso rock for 2012. I said retardeen and his fellow aso gluttons.

1 Like

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Demdem(m): 9:36am On Nov 29, 2012
burkutu:
i like the name retardeen. its not ambiguous.unlike dr jonathan. i mean its impossible to link his actions or inactions with a phd holder.but 'retardeen',really befitting.the name defines the man aptly.its like a mad man doing mad things and being called a mad man.its a no brainer.

Rounds of applause. Am impressed.
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Whobedatte(m): 9:39am On Nov 29, 2012
Super1759: I don't understand the direction you are coming from, my statement simply points to perfection. Of course we are engulfed in the hollow of corruption and no one is a saint. Goodluck is not in anyway worse than the erstwhile president and the past leaders ibb,abacha et al. I think he has a formation he is working out on. The problem is he is just compounding enemies which is not a credit. But then he is up to something better,even best for nigeria. Cuts some slack for that man joor
When we come out and discredit evil policies of GEJ and his demonic Govt, U come out with saying nonsense. Who says hes worse than IBB and co? Does that mean we should fold our hands and watch him squander the little we have on misplaced priorities? If he really meant well, how many of subsidy thieves have we seen gone to jail, ask the man on the street, how his govt have impacted positively and u get an emphatic NO ! Lets call a spade a spade and not a garden fork, GEJ is a bloomer, and hence a misadventure, and you are part of the rot
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Whobedatte(m): 9:39am On Nov 29, 2012
When we come out and discredit evil policies of GEJ and his demonic Govt, U come out with saying nonsense. Who says hes worse than IBB and co? Does that mean we should fold our hands and watch him squander the little we have on misplaced priorities? If he really meant well, how many of subsidy thieves have we seen gone to jail, ask the man on the street, how his govt have impacted positively and u get an emphatic NO ! Lets call a spade a spade and not a garden fork, GEJ is a bloomer, and hence a misadventure, and you are part of the rot
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by AB10(m): 9:41am On Nov 29, 2012
A new hall to eat the #1.3billion food cry One day!
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Super1759: 9:44am On Nov 29, 2012
honeric01:

, how many of the past presidents used 2.2BILLION NAIRA [/b]to build banquet hall? how many of them used [b]1 billion naira to eat in a year? GOSH, IQ dey reduce the more for this country o.

EVEN IF THE PAST SPENT LIKE THIS, ARE WE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE GETTING BETTER BY SPENDING LESSER? angry angry angry angry

UP TO SOMETHING BETTER BY SENDING US MORE INTO DEBTS? SUBSIDY IS GOING TO CRIPPLE NIGERIA BUT USING 2.2billion to build a banquet hall that's even in existent before is not going to cripple Nigeria nor will 5.2 Billion to build an insured UN house won't cripple Nigeria?

ARRGGGHHHHHH!!!!! WE HAVE MORE RETARDS IN THIS COUNTRY THAN EVER BEFORE! angry angry angry angry angry
no insult please,unless you want me to walk away.lets act matured. In the first place,this news is not authentic, I don't trust our media anymore. Most bloggers just scoop news to make money even our media. How will you say things should be cheaper. Last 5years,how much did you buy a cup of rice and garri? Is the economy getting better?
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Super1759: 9:47am On Nov 29, 2012
Demdem:

Ok Oga, u will understand now.
Tell me what was budgeted for food, refreshment and entertainment in aso rock for 2012. I said retardeen and his fellow aso gluttons.
I don't know because it is not necessary now. I know you have worked in big companies. Now the budget of last 5yrs and now cannot be desame,would it?
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by naptu2: 9:48am On Nov 29, 2012
Babangida, Shonekan, Abacha, etc used Nicon Hilton, Sheraton and International Conference Centre and the heavens didn't fall, what's wrong with using these places

How does a new banquet hall add value to the lives of Nigerians
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by dipotech: 9:49am On Nov 29, 2012
Oh God Almighty, arise to save this your beloved country. Enough is enough.

Enough of this suffering in the midst of plenty oh Lord.

Have mercy upon your nation and deliver the helpless in Jesus Christ name i pray.
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Super1759: 9:51am On Nov 29, 2012
burkutu:
it is not in any way different. Back then in school, we call our professors names and laugh at their silly acts,yet. We were tutelage and they guided our directions to a good carrier. No who is wise? D student or the prof? Same goes to you calling him name and he is leading you
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by idlaw2k3(m): 9:51am On Nov 29, 2012
People said Abacha was wicked, People said Obj was insensitive but this government angry angry angry

is beyond comprehension now.

Full subsidy is paid on kerosine yet you cant find it any where? Yet a banquet hall is to be built for 2b

a time will come when it would be unsafe to be rich, “ the poor will have nothing to eat than the rich”
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Demdem(m): 9:54am On Nov 29, 2012
Super1759: I don't know because it is not necessary now. I know you have worked in big companies. Now the budget of last 5yrs and now cannot be desame,would it?

It is neccessarry because it will surely tell u the state of mind of our leaders and where their priorities lies. Already aso rock is complaining that the amount budgeted for food for next year isn't adequate.one is forced to believe that its only food they think about in there.

By the way, go online and get the figures ursef.
There is a big difference between private companies and government especially for a nation like ours. Don't compare.
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Super1759: 10:07am On Nov 29, 2012
Demdem:

It is neccessarry because it will surely tell u the state of mind of our leaders and where their priorities lies. Already aso rock is complaining that the amount budgeted for food for next year isn't adequate.one is forced to believe that its only food they think about in there.

By the way, go online and get the figures ursef.
There is a big difference between private companies and government especially for a nation like ours. Don't compare.
later we continue this,gat work to do now. Wish to explain to you more what you don't know about our president. Anyway,we meet in another thread.
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Demdem(m): 10:14am On Nov 29, 2012
Super1759: later we continue this,gat work to do now. Wish to explain to you more what you don't know about our president. Anyway,we meet in another thread.

No problem. However, I know more about him than u can ever imagined. He was once my deputy governor , governor and now presido. These current moves of him aren't surprising, he is just being himself.

1 Like

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by burkutu: 10:20am On Nov 29, 2012
Super1759: it is not in any way different. Back then in school, we call our professors names and laugh at their silly acts,yet. We were tutelage and they guided our directions to a good carrier. No who is wise? D student or the prof? Same goes to you calling him name and he is leading you
hahahaha...... yeah,i did call some of my teachers names.i havent changed my opinion about how useless they were as teachers.or role models.if i had my way those dudes wouldn't come near a classroom.i can imagine the retardeen being impressed by lecturers like dat.
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by nikky5(m): 10:25am On Nov 29, 2012
What is the hope of this country in the next five years with this style of clueless governance.ALL OUR LEADERS ARE CORRUPT.I wish they read nairaland.
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by lacasa: 10:38am On Nov 29, 2012
FRESH AIR peeps cheesy
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by ichommy(m): 10:39am On Nov 29, 2012
My God, 2.2 bn, hmmm It is well
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by kunzel(m): 10:41am On Nov 29, 2012
“We noticed that it (existing hall) is
inconveniencing; it is not in tandem with what is
outside the country”. So the unemployment rate in
Nigeria is in tandem with what is outside the
country, the electricity situation in Nigeria is in
tandem with what is outside the country, the healthcare system in Nigeria is in tandem with
what is outside the country, the education system
in Nigeria is in tandem with what is outside the
country, corruption in government in Nigeria is in
tandem with what is outside the country, the
security situation in Nigeria is in tandem with what is outside Nigeria. 2.2bn for party hall, SMH

3 Likes

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by slimyem: 10:44am On Nov 29, 2012
Another sad story of wasteful expenditure...
Nothing for the masses as usual!!
Oh my country!!!!
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by honeric01(m): 10:51am On Nov 29, 2012
Super1759: no insult please,unless you want me to walk away.lets act matured. In the first place,this news is not authentic, I don't trust our media anymore. Most bloggers just scoop news to make money even our media. How will you say things should be cheaper. Last 5years,how much did you buy a cup of rice and garri? Is the economy getting better?

jeez, abeg stop typing, using 2.2billion to fix what's not broken? Pls stop typing i'm begging you. For your information, the news isc. Credible, heard on our radio stations too. Your understanding is a no no. Chai!
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by HammedSodiqq: 10:52am On Nov 29, 2012
Today, the impact of globalization manifests in all independent states, making it necessary for all countries to adjust to prevailing realities. If the FEC decides in its wisdom that the present hall doesn't represent the image of the country, or presents some challenges, then a call for replacement mustn't be out of place. There are features in the proposed hall that are non existent in the old hall. For instance, security post, press briefing hall, and technical unit. All these are cardinal facilities that every seat of govt should have, especially given the present challenges in the country. We may not be direct beneficiary of the project, but the problems it safes us from, and the image it creates abroad cannot be overemphasized.
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by honeric01(m): 10:55am On Nov 29, 2012
dipotech: Oh God Almighty, arise to save this your beloved country. Enough is enough.

Enough of this suffering in the midst of plenty oh Lord.

Have mercy upon your nation and deliver the helpless in Jesus Christ name i pray.

don't worry, god's coming to save the country you hia? Go wait for am for oshodi bustop, abi na god vote? Abi na god dey arrange good tins for atheist countries like japan, china, sungapore, etc. God has provided everyone with a brain to think and act so stop calling his name in vain.

1 Like

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by MurphyT1: 10:57am On Nov 29, 2012
i think wot we need to ask ourselves is the comfortability of the previous to visitors and the sort of facilities therein, does it march the prevailing situation in the country, i think most times b4 criticizing we must understand that there is a reason for everything, the govt is not foolish to build another banquet hall in a time like this, probably there are alot of facilities, including security facilities lacking in the former, and all this must be put in place...letz be slow to criticize and castigate most times...if anything bad show happen (God forbid) during any function, we will stl be de ones to condemn them for not putting everything in place...this r things foriegners see when they come into the country, it says alot abt our country, so if this will project us well in the world at large and further bring more investment, then the shud go ahead but also remember that we out here also need beta facilities too to better our lives.
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Noraokon: 10:57am On Nov 29, 2012
Since they posited that standardization was one of the tenets of the proposal, we might be needing a run down here.
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by usmanyaro17: 11:06am On Nov 29, 2012
My only concern is how we quickly conclude issues here in Nigeria,the point is that nobody is going to carry this hall to his house at the end of the day,we may think that he amount is too high but the standard may march the amount....moreover everybody is going to account of his deed to God....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reason(s) Why US Is Scared Of Nigeria / North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see / President Jacob Zuma Sends Message To Nairaland Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.