Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,051 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see (5195 Views)

Kaduna Government Warns Against Circulation Of Inciting Images / "I Heard The Audio Inciting Northerners To Slaughter Igbos On Oct 1" – FFK / The Reason Why Aisha Buhari Sends Serious Warning To APC (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2015
http://www.afikpochicupdates.com/9976

The National Film and Video Censors Board (NFVCB) said Monday that the North Korean Mission in Nigeria had made a formal complaint to it over the illegal distribution of a film which the mission regarded as provocative.

This is contained in a statement issued by the head of Corporate Affairs of NFVCB, Mike Ekunno. The statement said that the North Korean mission viewed the movie as not only provocative but also targeted at instigating the assassination of the North Korean Supreme Leader, Kim Jong-un.

A 2014 American political satire film, The Interview, directed by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg had generated controversy across the world for depicting the assassination of the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un.

According to the statement, the North Korean Ambassador in Nigeria, Jong Choi, expressed displeasure with the movie during a courtesy call to the NFVCB.

Mr. Choi was quoted as saying that the movie did not only misrepresent the developments achieved by his country but sought to portray and instigate negative global opinion against its leadership.

The ambassador therefore pleaded with the NFVCB to initiate action to mop the movie out of the Nigerian market, while also cutting the supply source.
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by fergus0n: 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2015
Askinq myself wen will nollywood ever grow up?
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by armadeo(m): 9:43pm On Sep 15, 2015
fergus0n:

^^^^^ hand faller.

meanwhile the op should stop mixing paw paw leaves with his weed, it dries the brain

also the guy above me after booking space you didnt even read the post. you are the real definition of waste.

tHe interview is a movie made last year. I watched it a long time ago

9 Likes

Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by dunsman(f): 9:44pm On Sep 15, 2015
Booked!! Meanwhile, More cheats uploaded at www.avottech..com
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by Mznaett: 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2015
K
We don hearwink
But e no consign me na
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by SeverusSnape(m): 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2015
Kim Jong Un!!! angry

But like seriously, Is Nollywood about to do a movie on North Korea??... Like 'The interview'?

1 Like

Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by adaweezy(m): 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2015
fergus0n:
Simple reasoning you dont have.
May God Grant you sense In Jesus Name

9 Likes

Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by Greyworld: 9:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
Abeg watin dey wan act? Common accident scene dey give them tough time.

In fact its a hoax. I won't believe it.
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by ifex370(m): 10:10pm On Sep 15, 2015
I'll comment when the op stops lying
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by nerodenero: 10:13pm On Sep 15, 2015
Greyworld:
Abeg watin dey wan act? Common accident scene dey give them tough time.
In fact its a hoax. I won't believe it.
Guy dey try read now. The movie "The Interview" dey we market and all they want is this...
The ambassador therefore pleaded with the NFVCB to initiate action to mop the movie out of the Nigerian market, while also cutting the supply source.
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 15, 2015
fergus0n:

When you grow up... They will too

1 Like

Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by fergus0n: 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
adaweezy:
Simple reasoning you dont have. May God Grant you sense In Jesus Name
en u also
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by fergus0n: 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:

When you grow up... They will too
Den da have a lng way to go

1 Like

Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by fergus0n: 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
armadeo:

^^^^^ hand faller.

meanwhile the op should stop mixing paw paw leaves with his weed, it dries the brain

also the guy above me after booking space you didnt even read the post. you are the real definition of waste.
en u're waht Mr Man? Well a real definition of nigeria
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by seacoast(m): 10:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
Great news.. So the movie is in naija market.. I dey go iweka Rd go grab my copy now... Movie wey I dey wait to hit town.. Bro Choi dey don make the film and we go watch am
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by bukatee2015(m): 10:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dis opokoro koreans neva kno say ibo boiz 4 mkt no fit try am comot any film frm mkt ni, r u a learner?? B like u b JJC for 9ja oo..
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by PapaNnamdi: 10:59pm On Sep 15, 2015
now i knw nairaland is filled with dumb ass peeps, the interview is an american movie, its about two jonalists or so who where compromised to kill the north korean leader, its a wicked comedy insulting north korea
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by ruggedtimi(m): 11:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
abeg ohh...we no fit stand dem oh
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by fistonati(m): 11:41pm On Sep 15, 2015
America Wey do the movie sef, Korea no threaten am, na Nigeria Wey do d piracy Korea dey hala for. No matter how stubborn Korea is, Alaba and Amure boys for Ibadan stubborn pass. Naija home videos Wey never come out sef, e don dey sell massively inside traffic. If u wan Confam ds, go ask Obasanjo about his book.

1 Like

Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:45pm On Sep 15, 2015
Rushing to comment on NL without reading Lawaooo
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by Timothybonyi(m): 12:09am On Sep 16, 2015
Mr. Man, stop wasting ur tym on dat movie, its al ova d market nw.
On my laptop since last year.
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by BushidoBlue(m): 12:17am On Sep 16, 2015
A totalitarian regime is trying to flex muscles in a free country.

That sounds like the ruling party in Nigeria at the moment.
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by Obrigardo: 12:41am On Sep 16, 2015
Now i know people just wake up, spread lies amidst their weed infested fantasies and they call themselves bloggers.
If this thing make fp, i will be highly disappointed in nairaland.
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by DaBullIT(m): 1:51am On Sep 16, 2015
I think what the blogger meant is that the N.K ambassador is not happy with NFVCB for allowing Nigerians access to the movie ''The Interview''

I think that's a load of crap though ,

SeverusSnape:
Kim Jong Un!!! angry

But like seriously, Is Nollywood about to do a movie on North Korea??... Like 'The interview'?

1 Like

Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by M4gunners: 3:59am On Sep 16, 2015
We got enough problems on ground already, i use God beg una make una leave NK alone o.Yanga dey sleep trouble go dey wake am.
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by SeverusSnape(m): 4:07am On Sep 16, 2015
DaBullIT:
I think what the blogger meant is that the N.K ambassador is not happy with NFVCB for allowing Nigerians access to the movie ''The Interview''

I think that's a load of crap though ,

Seriously, a whole lot of crap, makes no sense.
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by gulfer: 6:01am On Sep 16, 2015
He should go and complain in China, the films surely came from their side and our brothers should stop duplicating them here.
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by omowolewa: 6:48am On Sep 16, 2015
The boy has seen Nigeria as his weak target.
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by MrMcJay(m): 7:13am On Sep 16, 2015
There are always 3 sides to a story:
My side of the story, your side of the story, and the truth.

Since The Interview has been produced, North Korea should also counterbalance it with something of that sort.

The Ambassador should know that Information counters ignorance. Hence, he should stop whining like a starved puppy.
Re: North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see by andra112(f): 7:54am On Sep 16, 2015
I know that movie sha but they forget it's not Nigerians that produced or directed it

(1) (2) (Reply)

UK -97% Of Biafran Vote In Favour Of The Independence Of The Biafran Territories / Billionaire Army Chief!!! Pic. / President Jacob Zuma Sends Message To Nairaland Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.