Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists (20736 Views)

What Barcanista Really Want (not Really That Of Gbawe) / Nominate Your Worst State Governor Of The Year 2012 / *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Jarus(m): 7:50pm On Dec 09, 2012
Ola one:
But this is unfair.

Why? Why? Allow him to contest then. sad

Bad precedence. That effectively marks the end of ban rule. If anybody gets disqualified by the rule in future year, he would simply cite this as an example and claims if it was waived for Afam so so year, it should be waived for him too.

It's a honest error on my part, for not checking his ban log earlier. But it's better late than render an important rule dead because of non-enforcement.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by seanet01: 8:13pm On Dec 09, 2012
Paxchal: You've been noticed, now run along bigot
Who send you come?
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by OAM4J: 8:25pm On Dec 09, 2012
PointB: OAM4J,
Your apology is not accepted! Slice it or dice it anyway you like, there is an ethnic agenda in whole process.

1. Why did you decide to close the poll earlier than plan?
2. Does it not occur to you (MODs) that some of us consider Gbawe an ethnic champion and an ACN thug who is above the law?
3. What relationship does postings/bans in other sections got to do with posting/bans in polictics section,
4. Does it not occur to you that if Afam was ban earlier that those who nominated him would have nominated some other than the three people you chose,
5. Would it not have been prudent to start another fresh nomination or extend the time for this reason of late disqualification of Afam?
6. Why do Mods have to ban those who disgree with their ad-hoc laws or when they think they have no rational solutions/answer.
7. Why should discerning Igbos support this charade and injustice when obviously the Yoruba Mods clearly have no intention of allowing non-Yoruba to participate?
8. Why do Yorubas not see the ethnic bigotry in most of their posters and mod but rush to imply same of non-yorubas?

Oga much respect sir, but you people should go and have your award. We have noted your message, Igbos are not welcome to contest as they alone can banned for similar offense commited by yorubas.

What can I say without repeating myself and what had previously been said?

There is no explanation and apology that will be acceptable to you since you have decided to judge the whole process through ethnic lens.

Sometimes we have to take hard decisions in life even when it doesn't go down well with all concerned but once we believe we are doing what is right and our conscience is clear of any bias, we just have to go ahead. You of all people should understand that since you wore similar shoe recently.

Forgive me if I do not respond further on this, it is not not out of spite or disrespect, but of my wish to leave the issue and move on.

Thanks.

berem: why is it that in every 2 moderators in each section on nairaland,only one is active and the other is passive? Oga abeg try and let your presence be felt on this forum.ayam tired of seeing only one person moderating this forum.as for the election,my vote is still in ♍Ɣ pocket.congratulations to whoever becomes victorious.

Passive?

You must be new in this section. But I get your point. Thanks.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by 9jaihail2: 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2012
Jarus:
Bad precedence. That effectively marks the end of ban rule. If anybody gets disqualified by the rule in future year, he would simply cite this as an example and claims if it was waived for Afam so so year, it should be waived for him too.

It's a honest error on my part, for not checking his ban log earlier. But it's better late than render an important rule dead because of non-enforcement.

Jaru i was once thought you are human, are you not ashamed of yourself? you banned me because i pointed out your evils. If i were you i would just bury my head in shame and move on.

Look i will urge you to extend that banned to 1yrs.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by 9jaihail2: 9:22pm On Dec 09, 2012
OAM4J:

What can I say without repeating myself and what had previously been said?

There is no explanation and apology that will be acceptable to you since you have decided to judge the whole process through ethnic lens.

Sometimes we have to take hard decisions in life even when it doesn't go down well with all concerned but once we believe we are doing what is right and our conscience is clear of any bias, we just have to go ahead. You of all people should understand that since you wore similar shoe recently.

Forgive me if I do not respond further on this, it is not not out of spite or disrespect, but of my wish to leave the issue and move on.

Thanks.

Passive?

You must be new in this section. But I get your point. Thanks.

Now is it not better as you yorubas are voting alone? stop deceiving yourself because we all are matured and smart, no matter how many times you repeat yourself your excuses and apology is irrelevant.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by 9jaihail2: 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2012
PointB please check your hushmail id i sent you email sometime ago regarding Eze Ndigbo constitutional drafting but haven't got your reply.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Jarus(m): 9:41pm On Dec 09, 2012
9ja_i_hail2:

Jaru i was once thought you are human, are you not ashamed of yourself? you banned me because i pointed out your evils. If i were you i would just bury my head in shame and move on.

Look i will urge you to extend that banned to 1yrs.
I don't know anything about your ban. Not that I can't ban if you deserve it though.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by PointB: 9:56pm On Dec 09, 2012
9ja_i_hail2: PointB please check your hushmail id i sent you email sometime ago regarding Eze Ndigbo constitutional drafting but haven't got your reply.

ok my brother. Will check, but unfortunately will not be able to reply you until tmorow evening.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by PointB: 10:06pm On Dec 09, 2012
@OAM4J,
I understand your argument but yet it is not satisfactory. I have no problem with disqualification of Afam based on the ban rule as I was affected by the similar rule, along side other. The problem is that the timing was very bad and left a sour taste on even neutral observers. The fact that the nomination was not extended added intrigues to the conspiracy.

Banning those who protest because you guys are Mod is also very unfortunate. I was in similar shoe like you noted, but it doesnt mean I support things done improperly because of it. Nevertheless, we have no power to stop you lots from going on with the votes, consider our protest as footnotes on this process. I and many others maintain it was poorly managed and cannot be dissociated from ethnic bigotry. Of course I understand also that you cannot keep repeating yourself, as you are not willing to see it from other people's point of view. Enjoy your charade!
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by ACM10: 10:12pm On Dec 09, 2012
Gbawe, Katsumoto!
Both are ethnic champions. What a charade!

2 Likes

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 09, 2012
These Ibos whine over everything ...I mean every damn thing!

Since you've concluded not to participate in the election process any longer ..why not keep your freaking mouths taped!
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Ngwakwe: 11:11pm On Dec 09, 2012
This apology is not acceptable because all the people that nominated him would have nominated another person.

You, Jarus and Seun don't have the right to stop our numerous nominations as member of this forum and very active participants in the Politics Section from nominating another person if Afam4ever is banned.

Why not allow the people that nominated Afam4ever to nominate another person? But alas you quickly closed the nomination process as against the rule and started voting without even given due time for amendment.

YOU BROKE THE RULE BY CLOSING THE NOMINATION BEFORE DUE DATE, OKAY BREAK IT AGAIN BY ALLOWING AFAM4VER TO CONTEST, JUST TO BALANCE YOUR MISTAKES FOR PEACE TO REIGN.

OAM4J: I wish to again apologise on behalf of the moderators to all and especially to afam4ever for not being very clear with the rules regarding this election. We didn't check his ban log until it was pointed out to us.

Please believe us sincerely, there is no ethnic agenda to it. We would have let it slip but for precedence as Jarus earlier explained. In Politics Section, we do not just honour the best Contributor/Poster, but we also want to encourage posters to be forum rules abiding and civil in their conversation. Am sure many of you will agree with us that this is very important in Politics section considering the battle we fight daily.

I hope we will let the matter rest and move on with the election.

Once again our sincere apology.

OAM4J
Co-Moderator

2 Likes

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 09, 2012
None of you can and will be allowed to stampede the mods into any form of bad precedent setting activity.

We are all living witnesses to how some of you stood your grounds during your recently held tribal election.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 09, 2012
Next time you will learn that opting out of an election process is not always the best form of protest against an election.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Demdem(m): 3:26am On Dec 10, 2012
So these lamentations hasn't stopped. grin grin
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by olawalebabs(m): 6:22am On Dec 10, 2012
Good morning, the good guys of politics section. The men who play by the rule.

1 Like

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 10, 2012
Demdem: So these lamentations hasn't stopped. grin grin
no it hasnt.you asked me what else do i want? we will keep on lamenting till justice is served.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Demdem(m): 9:05am On Dec 10, 2012
berem: no it hasnt.you asked me what else do i want? we will keep on lamenting till justice is served.

Then keep up with it. Wishing u goodluck. By the way, Justice has been served and nominations ended. We all have moved on.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by olawalebabs(m): 9:17am On Dec 10, 2012
If a person is convicted in a Lagos State (a section of NL), he is not fit to stand election in Ogun State (another section on NL). That is the logic, it is hard but fair enough.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by jackpot(f): 12:58am On Dec 11, 2012
^I disagree, boyfriend.

This is a sectional award so bans in other sections shouldn't count.

1 Like

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by PointB: 1:00am On Dec 11, 2012
jackpot: ^I disagree, boyfriend.

Only those seeing things with 'ethnic lens' make this sort of comment. So said the mods!
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by olawalebabs(m): 1:03am On Dec 11, 2012
jackpot: ^I disagree, boyfriend.

give me a logical argurment and not sentimental pls
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Ejine(m): 8:25am On Dec 11, 2012
My vote goes to..... NAPTU! cool
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by nagoma(m): 10:06am On Dec 11, 2012
Who won? The result is lost in the maze of tribal bickering and innuendos. This is obviously a Nigeria election and not an American one..
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by nagoma(m): 10:31am On Dec 11, 2012
Jarus:

It's a 3 man committee. My attention was called to it very late yesterday. I even made frantic efforts to get a waiver for him, but it didn't work out, for precedence sake.

No need to explain in such detail. Rules are rules. A law breaker should not win. That mistake was made with ibori who was a known criminal before he ever was elected governor but Naptu shuld have won- or did he?
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Jarus(m): 10:37am On Dec 11, 2012
nagoma: Who won? The result is lost in the maze of tribal bickering and innuendos. This is obviously a Nigeria election and not an American one..
Read instructions well. This was the first stage (nomination); the second stage (election proper) where teh 3 finalists are strutting it out is going on in the voting thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1126926/politics-section-poster-year-2012

Ejiné: My vote goes to..... NAPTU! cool
Any voting here is invalid, enter the voting thread to vote: https://www.nairaland.com/1126926/politics-section-poster-year-2012
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Afam4eva(m): 11:47am On Dec 11, 2012
I have moved on ever since i was disqualified from this election and even though i feel i was disqualified unjustly, moving forward, i want to proffer a solution for the emergence of the poster of the year in subsequent editions.

Instead of members voting for their preferred choice and also seeing that a very few people actually vote based on the presumed performance of their preferred choice, a lot of others vote based on sentiments especially tribal sentiments. I'll therefore suggest that the best post should be determined by a mini software which will be built and will include variables such as:

1) Number of posts that was made by the person in that section for the given year

2) Number of likes the person got from his/her posts from that particular section

3) The number of threads created by the person in a particular section in the given year

4) The number of people that have quoted the poster in that section for the given year

It can be calculated like this:

1 + 2 + 3 + 4

It can either be calculated equally or some of the variables will have greater percentage than others.

I think by considering these variables, it will be easier to conclude who was indeed the best poster in a given year.

On the side, i also think an award be given to the most versatile poster. That's the poster that is present in most if not all sections on Nairaland.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 11, 2012
^ Afam, na you biko! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by DuduNegro: 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2012
naijababe: ^ Afam, na you biko! grin grin grin grin grin

grin

afam, na who go build this software?
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Afam4eva(m): 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

grin

afam, na who go build this software?
If i have time, i can build it. It's just a mini software.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 11, 2012
afam4eva: On the side, i also think an award be given to the most versatile poster. That's the poster that is present in most if not all sections on Nairaland.

grin grin
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 11, 2012
^ Bros, Afam is on a roll this morning o grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Ban Ki-moon Poses With Nigerian Governors (Photo) / 2017 Akwa Ibom State Christmas Carol Photos / Present Your Academic Credentials Or Apologize To Nigerians, PDP Advises Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.