Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

*~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations (22900 Views)

Poll: Who is your Poster of the year 2011 in this section?

Gbawe: 45% (107 votes)
Onlytruth: 42% (101 votes)
Katsumoto: 12% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

What Barcanista Really Want (not Really That Of Gbawe) / *~ Katsumoto Voted The Politics Section Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations / Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

*~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2011
2011 OFFICIAL POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR
As 2011 rolls to an end, we say thank you to everyone that has contributed to making this section tick in the outgoing year - from the active contributors to the passive readers even to the unregistered guest viewers.

As has become traditional on Nairaland, we are organizing this year's edition of OFFICIAL POSTER OF THE YEAR AWARD. For those who are new here, this event started officially in 2009 but that of Politics Section was not officially recognized in 2009 because of a flawed process. In the hotly contested 2010 edition, Dapobear won the prize, beating Katsumoto by one vote while Kobojunkie emerged 2nd runners-up: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-535083.0.html

Now it's 2011 edition? Who will take the prize? Will Dapobear retain it? Will Katsumoto do better? Or will the ever-present Kobojunkie stage a surprise comeback? Or will the new 'men of the moment' take the gong? You decide!

Rules:
1, Only 1 nomination per user
2, Any nominee that has been banned or warned twice this year will be disqualified
3, Moderator cannot be nominated in his/her section but may be nominated in other sections
4, Nominee must be active in the section
5, Nominee must be forum rule-abiding and not a trouble-maker(passionate defence of one's opinions is no trouble-making though)
6, Top 3 nominees will be up for poll for another 2 weeks, where the winner will be announced at the expiration of the voting
7, Where there is tie, the mod reserves the right to either choose one or extend the nomination/voting by 24 hours

NOMINATION ends on December 15, 2011
VOTING starts December 16, 2011 and ends December 30 where the winner will be announced.

Start nominating

UPDATED 15 DEC 2011
BRIEF CITATION OF THE FINALISTS

1, GBAWE: Gbawe joined Nairaland in 2009 but hugged limelight in 2011 in the heated run-up to 2011 elections - one of the most epochal periods in the history of Nairaland Politics Section. He started as a strong defender of Ribadu candidacy but went beyond to be the strongest defender of ACN and their leader, Bola Tinubu, on Nairaland. He writes well and presents his arguments with logic. He is not known for insulting - a quality that is scarce in this part of Nairaland. He argues passionately about his convictions. For this he commands a good following in the Politics Section of Nairaland, especially among the 'progressives' and 'opposition'.

2, ONLYTRUTH: Recently crowned Eze Ndigbo Nairaland, Onlytruth has been on Nairaland since 2009 and has become the rallying point for his people. He is more known for his defence of his people, but unlike many others, does so without breaching the rules - a quality that is rare on Nairaland.

3, KATSUMOTO: Katsumoto is the only finalist last year that still made it to the final again this year. He lost the award by one vote to Dapo-bear in 2010. Highly respected on the politics section for his analytical prowess and debating skills. He is very visible in serious topics, marshaling facts to buttress his arguments. His choice of words in his comments is another strong point for him. Katsumoto's main turf are arguments that border on Igbo, Biafra and related issues. He is a respected voice in those areas.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Demdem(m): 3:32pm On Dec 01, 2011
Beaf eyah sori, I know he would have been banned or warned severally this year. So, he isn't in. I prefer Gbawe.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Areosapien(f): 3:39pm On Dec 01, 2011
BEAF! Mr Modo, me nor send dis "no banees" rule of yours oh, the ND soldier has made this forum tick the most. Check all the Stories popping up by the day - you no go even reach 5 threads before his name is mentioned. End of!

But if not him, then I'd say Jakumo the swift comedic semi-genius; or Aletheia the sharp intellectual MD.

Yeah. That's my opinion.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Odunnu: 3:50pm On Dec 01, 2011
Kobojunkie is out if Beaf is out. She has tasted the rod cane once too many times this year especially the last few months tongue
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by executinal(m): 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2011
Beaf all the way wink
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2011
I would have chosen Beaf, but his failure to acknowledge his benefactor's numerous goofs robs him of the award. Gbawe gets it for me, because of the clarity and depth of his arguments and his respect for others.

Btw mod, permit me to suggest a sub-category for "New Entrant of the Year" for those who just joined the forum this year and have made a significant impact.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 01, 2011
^^^^
It doesn't matter when one joins, even a member that joined last month can be nominated provided the person nominating him/her can prove his impact.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by aljharem3: 5:14pm On Dec 01, 2011
To those calling Beaf, it is either you people are joking or drunk, How can a BIGOT be the best poster on Nairaland. Well to says a lot about Nairaland as a website

Mine is

1. [size=13pt]Gbawe [/size]:- Very humble and well cultured young man. Well educated as well and always keep his cool even when the poster Beaf keep insulting his person.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by xtianh(m): 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2011
My Nominee goes to ONLYTRUTH, I love his posts nd his opinion towards issues . The name of Okija juju should nva b mentioned here, until he tell us wht he stands for.he is filled with insults nd hs no respect for others opinion especially when it comes to state issues
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by dayokanu(m): 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2011
Dapo bear has metamorphorsed into Ekt bear.

I nominate Ekt beat
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by isalegan2: 6:37pm On Dec 01, 2011
Is this thread going to be moved to the General Section, like last year?

I already see names of quality contributors to the politics section, alongside a couple of monikers that I have never seen here.  Oh well.

IMHO it's no contest that Katsumoto is the best poster in politics section, but I don't know if he cares to run this term. cheesy  Therefore I shall refrain, and let someone else to do the nominating and put forth an eloquent nominating speech.  wink
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
I have been thinking of who to personally nominate since I put up the thread up hours ago, unlike previous years. The person that had been on my mind since the beginning of the year somehow got derailed couple of months back. My regualar nominee -Ibime- wasn't so active here this year. I'm still thinking of who to nominate.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by efisher(m): 8:02pm On Dec 01, 2011
If we are to be very frank, Beaf is the clear winner. No contest!
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by isalegan2: 9:28pm On Dec 01, 2011
I know there are so many quality posters.  I think I enjoy the banter on this thread more than the voting. lol.

I apologise for the double post, but I understand I need to officially nominate my choice, in case my original post didn't count.  embarassed

Okay, I am ready.

*stepping on soapbox*

*clearing throat*

Friends, Nairalanders, Countrymen!  Arise from your slumber and behold our nominee. The erudite, well-versed in any subject, wise-beyond-any-years sage of the politics section.  The one and only Japo-Naija Samurai KATSUMOTO.  Politics, History, Economics, Foreign Affairs, The Art of War. . .  What doesn't he know?  Katsumoto, you're a winner no matter what.  And if you don't want to compete with your peeps. . . tough!

*Stepping down from soapbox* 

smiley
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by adamabdul: 6:28am On Dec 02, 2011
I nominate Okada man
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Rhino5dm: 7:39am On Dec 02, 2011
1. egift

2. Gbawe

3. Onlytruth

4. Beaf

5. Ekt Bear.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Demdem(m): 8:16am On Dec 02, 2011
Av u guys tot about musiwa, he isnt bad undecided
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 02, 2011
alj_harem:

To those calling Beaf, it is either you people are joking or drunk, How can a BIGOT be the best poster on Nairaland. Well to says a lot about Nairaland as a website

Mine is

1. [size=13pt]Gbawe [/size]:- Very humble and well cultured young man. Well educated as well and always keep his cool even when the poster Beaf keep insulting his person.

Bros, respect another person's choice. The statement up there is unwarranted.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 02, 2011
NOMINATION MONITOR

After Day 1
1, Gbawe - 3
2, Jakumo - 1
3, Onlytruth - 1
4, egift - 1
5, Okada man - 1
6, Katsumoto - 1
7, Ekt bear - 1

NB:
Beaf disqualified by the ban rule. Checks currently been done for Gbawe and Ekt bear for '2-warning' rule.
For those that nominated more than 1, only the first is recognized.

Keep nominating!
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Demdem(m): 8:47am On Dec 02, 2011
^^^^

Can you kindly tell us how many times u have banned beaf this year alone grin grin grin grin
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by jmaine: 9:15am On Dec 02, 2011
Demdem:

^^^^

Can you kindly tell us how many times u have banned beaf this year alone  grin grin grin grin

You don't want to know  wink . . dem no dey use the word ban take threaten  Beaf oh !! Ban no old news for where beaf dey  cheesy  . . very soon . . .t[b]he guy go earn immunity for ban  grin  . . . no be beans[/b] . . But personally to me Beaf is the politics poster whether the banning rules applies or not with Gbawe coming a very close second  . . .

This na election year oo! make una no  mess up as FIFA mess up give Messi World footballer of the year when the guy no do anything for world cup . . . A close match between Beaf and Gbawe . . .
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 02, 2011
Demdem:

Av u guys tot about musiwa, he isnt bad undecided
For which section? Recycle bin section?
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Demdem(m): 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2011
Jarus:

For which section? Recycle bin section?

So funny. Besides, we Av seen less maps of late.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Odunnu: 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2011
Since Beaf cant make it, lemme manage Jmaine.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by PointB: 2:58pm On Dec 02, 2011
Beaf it is for me.

This rule on banning is a disingenuous way to target some people and scheme them out. The worse about thing about these banning is the oftentimes arbitrariness of it. Indeed one cannot total rule out the application of one or two negative ism - nepostism, favoritism, or downright ethnicism in banning.

Or how else does one explain the fact that a very moderate poster like my goodself was once ban without any prior warning?

Applying these rule to deprive posters like beaf and Kobojunkie (Gbawe in case he is affected) and a host of others who have made this section lively, dynamic, and flavored is very anachronistic, and borders dangerously close to despotism, and indeed counter productive.

Knowing the mods very well, it is futile to ask them to rescind this bad rule, but it is important nevertheless that erudite members of this section state their opinion on this bad and anachronistic policis and rules which is gradually becoming the order of the day here.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2011
Jarus:

NB:
Beaf disqualified by the ban rule. Checks currently been done for Gbawe and Ekt bear for '2-warning' rule.
For those that nominated more than 1, only the first is recognized.

Keep nominating!
Cleared. Ban/warning books checked and their names not found, so they are qualified for nomination.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2011
Ban rule is not new. It was applied last year. What does it profit us to scheme out anybody in an online 'award' that may not add any value to anybody, beyond the fun of it?

Guy, let's be dispassionate, how will it look if someone that, though known for intelligent contributions, falls short in simply abiding by forum rules, being named the best poster in the section? There are rules everywhere and conformity with rules should not be compromised.

Yous ism suspicion is even more surprising. Check out the most banned people on this section - from Desola to Beaf to ajl-harem - tell me if it is skewed to a particular tribe?

In rare cases, it may be possible that x does something 'warnable/banable' but he escapes it because we did not see it. We are human and not machines and cannot rule out imperfections, but as much as humanly possible we try to be fair to all.

Also note that warning doesn't necessarily precede banning; you can be banned at first offence depending on the gravity of your offence.

Let's let go our personal biases in matters like this.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by PointB: 3:24pm On Dec 02, 2011
Applying the ban rule a hundred times in the past for something done for the fun still does not make it right. It is anachronistic in today's world.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by OAM4J: 4:09pm On Dec 02, 2011
Jarus:

Ban rule is not new. It was applied last year. What does it profit us to scheme out anybody in an online 'award' that may not add any value to anybody, beyond the fun of it?

Guy, let's be dispassionate, how will it look if someone that, though known for intelligent contributions, falls short in simply abiding by forum rules, being named the best poster in the section? There are rules everywhere and conformity with rules should not be compromised.

Yous ism suspicion is even more surprising. Check out the most banned people on this section - from Desola to Beaf to ajl-harem - tell me if it is skewed to a particular tribe?

In rare cases, it may be possible that x does something 'warnable/banable' but he escapes it because we did not see it. We are human and not machines and cannot rule out imperfections, but as much as humanly possible we try to be fair to all.

Also note that warning doesn't necessarily precede banning; you can be banned at first offence depending on the gravity of your offence.

Let's let go our personal biases in matters like this.

Well put. I hope this rest the issue on ban.

@ All

The aim is to also encourage those who keep the rules and further encourage others to keep the rules.

Also if you guys check other sections, you will find out that the same set of rules apply.

Let's keep the nominations coming
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by DrummaBoy(m): 5:00pm On Dec 02, 2011
I nominate Gbawe
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by DrummaBoy(m): 5:01pm On Dec 02, 2011
Though Desola would have been a second choice if the rules had allowed.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by AfroBlue(m): 6:32pm On Dec 02, 2011
Oga Beaf has been putting in the net consistently since I joined the site.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss / Petrol: N145 Per Litre Not Sustainable – NNPC / Kemi Adeosun To World Bank: "We Don’t Need Your Help On Our Debts"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.