Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. (16255 Views)

Governor Fayose Spotted Riding Okada In Ekiti (photos) / Chatham House Apperance For Buhari Restricted To Twitter Session - GuardianNews / El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Fatdon(m): 5:02am On Nov 30, 2012
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, yesterday, arrested a police officer who rode his 100 CC commercial motorcycle on the Agege Motor Road, Ikeja in defiance of the traffic law.

It would be recalled that the state governor, on August 2, signed into law the road traffic law which restricted the activities of Okada operators on 475 roads in the metropolis.

The officer, Mr. Ebahan Johnson, a Police Sergeant, who was accosted on the ever busy expressroad by the governor at the Airport Bus-stop, Ikeja, during an inspection tour of on-going projects in the Lagos-West Senatorial District of the state, was riding a red Bajaj motorcycle.
Johnson, who initially resisted arrest, succu- mbed when he realised that it was the governor that accosted him.

Speaking on the arrest, Fashola said; “There is no one who would be above the law. If anyone cannot submit himself to the law of the state, then that person should please, leave the state.”

The governor warned that the state government will not condone any violation of the road traffic law which was signed into law to bring sanity into road transportation.

According to him: “There is no society where laws are not broken but the state government will increase its enforcement to ensure that residents of the state comply with the law.

“And as we move on the road if we see anyone violating the law, we will stop and arrest him.”
According to the governor, the officer in question will be handed to the Commissioner of Police, Umar Mankko for proper prosecution.

“I am sure he would be prosecuted,” he said.

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/fashola-arrests-policeman-riding-okada-on-restricted-road/

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Nobody: 5:25am On Nov 30, 2012
Good for him.
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Fatdon(m): 5:46am On Nov 30, 2012
Those that are
supposed to uphold the
laws breaks the law. Those that
we entrusted with our money
steals them. Those we
entrusted with leading us are leading us astray, those
entrusted with providing us
jobs are daily selling our
national heritages to
themselves in the name of
privatisation.f.uck this country

10 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by chemashie(m): 7:06am On Nov 30, 2012
Most of the okada riders that are still plying the restricted routes are police officers, soldiers or LASTMA. We have handful of them at Oshodi plying abeokuta express roads.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by k2039: 7:15am On Nov 30, 2012
some individuals are just rebel by birth,they delight happiness in breaking rules set before them.

That serves him right

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by geez1: 7:28am On Nov 30, 2012
Good!

Hope the one I see every morning driving against traffic on the Third Mainland Bridge Interchange at Adeniji will run into BRF someday ... Pray today!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by kodewrita(m): 7:59am On Nov 30, 2012
@geez, snap a picture of him and post it online.
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by planetuzor(m): 8:12am On Nov 30, 2012
M nt in support of motocycles bt i tot he promised nt to ban bikes. I can remember ds okada guys doing stunt on their bike during hs campaigne. .may b next time, okada associatn shld make an aspiring govt campaining n soliciting 4 their vote to Sign a legal document of their promises so they dnt bridge it. . .

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 30, 2012
No wonder the npf is so useless.
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Demdem(m): 8:37am On Nov 30, 2012
Good development. No one is above the law.

Johnson, who initially resisted arrest, succu- mbed when he realised that it was the governor that accosted him.

Even Police dey resist arrest. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by mascot87(m): 8:37am On Nov 30, 2012
There is no one who would be above the law. If anyone cannot submit himself to the law of the state, then that person should please, leave the state. I love that part my governor.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by etudaddy(m): 8:42am On Nov 30, 2012
Am sure dat bike he is riding must be the one he seized from an okada man.

14 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by dominique(f): 8:42am On Nov 30, 2012
Policeman don enter one chance be that. I love this, more of this to come.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 30, 2012
i thought the law banned commercial okada,never knew it also affected private ownership. nawa for lagos state oooo

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by 5much(m): 8:47am On Nov 30, 2012
the same pple who ar supposed to enforce the law ar breaking it.
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Mcfemad(m): 8:47am On Nov 30, 2012
Good development.

Just last week, I saw about 6 policemen on two Okadas ( three on each ) and I was like are these black devils above the law . I uploaded the pics on my FB wall and someone said they are on patrol...right on the highway;abi

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by TableLeg(m): 8:51am On Nov 30, 2012
Awesome ...
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Lanretoye(m): 8:52am On Nov 30, 2012
God will arrest those who arrest us and they will never know rest.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by SELFWORTH: 8:56am On Nov 30, 2012
Rightly so. He should be made an example in this War against indiscipline amongst the men in uniform . You can't be an implementer of the law as well as be a criminal .

During Idiagbon's time, he would have been thrashed first and instantly dismissed on the spot.

Even if you don't agree with the law, you are still bound by it. Now he can carry on his protest in Kirikiri prison and spend Christmas with those ugly smelly flies.
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by ayando(m): 9:03am On Nov 30, 2012
Lobatan.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by timbros(m): 9:05am On Nov 30, 2012
wow! Its a honour to be arrested by the gov'nor himself!! cheesy

Good for him. I hope he has been stripped of his uniform already.
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by bestower: 9:05am On Nov 30, 2012
I love this man.....FASHOLA TURNS TO FASHORO.....dare him not,lagosians.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 30, 2012
Fashola is working.....
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by bknight: 9:07am On Nov 30, 2012
Those LATSMA riders with their bikes are allowed abi?
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by yhemini: 9:07am On Nov 30, 2012
Serves him Right!! Stupid officials, they are supposed to uphold the law but they are the ones breaking it.
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 30, 2012
Good one, but i still believe that this law only affects the low class.
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by ayando(m): 9:09am On Nov 30, 2012
Lobatan
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by 360command: 9:09am On Nov 30, 2012
Inspector Okoro, Fashola don seize your bike,kon still arrest Sani join.
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by Ntrends: 9:11am On Nov 30, 2012
What exactly is the punishment for him
www.nigeriantrends.com
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by johndavid1(m): 9:13am On Nov 30, 2012
My Governor is strict, his subordinates are wild just watch Ur back and try to make it quick
Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by deltalife(m): 9:14am On Nov 30, 2012
I have said it earlier that this Law Banning OKADA will byte on every occupant/indigen of Lagos state both high and mighty.

Even POLICE officer tought they have become celibrity as a result of Okada ban not knowing the same Law is coming to hurt them.

God is watching us all.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Policeman Riding Okada On Restricted Road. by emekaD3(m): 9:15am On Nov 30, 2012
How many people viewing this crap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bandits Impose Levies On Sokoto Communities, Issue Ultimatum For Payment / APC Needs 21-Day Notice To Change Buni - INEC / Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.