Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election (27637 Views)

Like Anambra's Election Ranting, Like Oba Akiolu Statements / Apc Still Leading In Anambra Election- New Results / Liveupdate On Anambra Election From The 21 Local Government-pls No Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by PHIPEX(m): 10:36am On Nov 16, 2013
I just heard on AIT that El-rufai has been restricted to his hotel in Awka. I don't know how lawful this is, at the same time could it be that he is not an accredited election observer?

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1417914_Screenshot_2013-11-16-10-45-44_pngaeb2180b481f95f932dd5d3e9700d17e[/img]

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1417915_Screenshot_2013-11-16-10-46-00_png078da21c20b5f5936815119dbe573255[/img]
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by BrokenTV: 10:47am On Nov 16, 2013
PHIPEX: I just heard on AIT that El-rufai has been restricted to his hotel in Awka. I don't know how lawful this is, at the same time could it be that he is not an accredited election observer?
what is that mudafucker doing in anambra state.

79 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by osifred(m): 10:48am On Nov 16, 2013
Gej stooping to an all time low

Below are tweet from el rufai

"@elrufai: The DG-SSS did not pick my call, yet to call back. I have complained to another senior officer. It is unlawful detention & will be resisted!"

"@elrufai: I intend to discharge my duties today no matter what, and will go out when ready. I will dare the SSS to shoot.....we wait and see...thanks."

2 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by naijaracist(m): 10:53am On Nov 16, 2013
B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!
Anambra People, We Yorubas Appoint This Man To Rule You.
------------------------------------------------
This is the man, we Yorubas have chosen for you. Vote For him, Dr Chris Olaniyi Ngige or we will deport your people from Lagos. Dr Chris Olaniyi Ngige will collect tax from your traders in Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi and other cities in Anambra state on our behalf. We have invested a lot on Dr Chris Olaniyi Ngige and we deserve to be rewarded.

22 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by gurnam: 10:54am On Nov 16, 2013
Broken TV:

Is Anambra not part of Nigeria.?

Ibos can go live and thrive in other parts of the country...but you want your own land to be no-go area for other Nigerians that don't share your political affiliation?

You are smoking this early morning?

81 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 16, 2013
PHIPEX: I just heard on AIT that El-rufai has been restricted to his hotel in Awka. I don't know how lawful this is, at the same time could it be that he is not an accredited election observer?

His latest update on twitter (8 mins ago) gives the impression any restriction on his movement has been lifted as does the report from Punch copied in below -

November 16, 10:12 am
SSS officials harass El-Rufai

Ozioma Ubabukoh, Awka

Former minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has been harassed by men of the State Security Service in Awka, the Anambra State capital.

El-Rufai is in Awka for the Anambra State governorship election.

He arrived yesterday night, and as soon as SSS officials sighted him, they halted him and held him hostage for about two hours.

The former minister told PUNCH that he would give details of his ordeal with the SSS after the election.

He is currently moving around the state monitoring the election with other top officers of the All Progressives Congress.

2 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Elueme: 10:58am On Nov 16, 2013
osifred: Gej stooping to an all time low
Do you have brains at all or you are this naughty? Just asking

42 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by gurnam: 10:59am On Nov 16, 2013
It's very funny how Easterners play politics of intolerance.... grin

If other Nigerians treat them like this...they would be shouting victimization all over town.

46 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Polio: 10:59am On Nov 16, 2013
Broken TV:

You are a dum..b fu..ck

What are you doing where you are?

As long as El-Rufai remains a Nigerian citizen, he is entitled to go to Anambra if he wants!

When Anambra is no longer part of Nigeria, you can represent your case

47 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by russellino: 10:59am On Nov 16, 2013
It is very unlawful. Even though I can't stand that lil prik. It may also be for his own safety who knows
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by owolabifunke14(f): 11:01am On Nov 16, 2013
Your dare them to shoot? Ok me dey my papa house dey wait for d news. Life no get duplicate,stay inside for your daughters sake dumb head. They need you

7 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by jimmysho(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2013
He is there to monitor the elections and he has been appointed by the leadership of his party to do so. There is no law stopping him because his name has been submitted to inec.

10 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 16, 2013
senseless baseless action by d clueless visionlesss missionlesss canoe man ...

4 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 16, 2013
Some drama playing on the ground, it seems cheesy
While most politicians would give anything to have chaperons from the SSS shielding them from would-be assailants, El-Rufai clearly isn't relishing this episode of undue attention.

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by takedat(m): 11:15am On Nov 16, 2013
Nigeria’s Gestapo-esque Police, SSS arrests Nasir El-Rufai opposition politician

Reports from Nigeria’s South Eastern State of Anambra has it that the State Security Service has held down one of the main opposition leaders Nasir ERufai who is of the All Progressives Congress. El-Rufai has always been critical of the government and has had a history of arrests with the SSS. While elections are currently on-going in the said Anambra, the reason behind this particular arrest are unclear but there are indications the order is from the Nigerian Presidency. The arrest has since been confirmed by the country’s biggest newspaper platform, The Punch. Nasir El-Rufai is a registered observer of the elections on behalf of his party the All Progressives Congress (APC). He is currently held at his hotel.

http://omojuwa.com/2013/11/nigerias-gestapo-esque-police-sss-arrests-nasir-el-rufai-opposition-politician/
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by talktimi(m): 11:16am On Nov 16, 2013
There's a curfew in Anambra state because of the election. El Rufai is not registered to vote in that state. Except he is a registered election observer, he has no business coming outside since he wont even be able to identify himself with a voters card in case he decides to lie that he's going out to vote. His presence at any polling unit is most likely to cause a breach of the peace since opposition party observers may view him as indirectly influencing voters to vote for his party's candidate.

8 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by takedat(m): 11:21am On Nov 16, 2013
eGuerrilla: Some drama playing on the ground, it seems cheesy
While most politicians would give anything to have chaperons from the SSS shielding them from would-be assailants, El-Rufai clearly isn't relishing this episode of undue attention.

According to those in AIT's studio, the security agent erased the audio recording and deleted the video from the phones of their correspondent.

There is another AIT report that the Police last night arrested the corp members(electoral officers) sent to Idemilli and another local government, so accreditation was delayed.

5 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by gleaf: 11:25am On Nov 16, 2013
Why all thiese desperation by APC? What on earth is Ell rufai doing in Awka today? INEC should be wary of the activities of these violent party.

3 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by jimmysho(m): 11:25am On Nov 16, 2013
talktimi: There's a curfew in Anambra state because of the election. El Rufai is not registered to vote in that state. Except he is a registered election observer, he has no business coming outside since he wont even be able to identify himself with a voters card in case he decides to lie that he's going out to vote. His presence at any polling unit is most likely to cause a breach of the peace since opposition party observers may view him as indirectly influencing voters to vote for his party's candidate.

Can you lesson to yourself? he is registered observer and you. expect him to be observing right from his hotel room? why will a whole elrafai lie about voting? you are expecting him to go to polling booth? he is only going to the inec office to stop any manipulations.
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by mikolo80: 11:27am On Nov 16, 2013
Curfew on election day? He is a registered observer. And how do you indirectly influence someone to vote exactly?you don't seem to be a fan of rule of law.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by gurnam: 11:30am On Nov 16, 2013
jimmysho:

Can you listen to yourself? he is registered observer and you. expect him to be observing right from his hotel room? why will a whole elrafai lie about voting? you are expecting him to go to polling booth? he is only going to the inec office to stop any manipulations.

Some of these people can give the most bizarre excuse to justify the blatant illegality....very shameful.

1 Like

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 16, 2013
take dat:

According to those in AIT's studio, the security agent erased the audio and deleted the video from the phone of their correspondent.

There is another AIT report that the Police last night arrested the corp members sent to Idemilli and another local government, so accreditation is delayed there.

This signals a worrying portend that clearly rails against transparent elections.
All independent observers need to be concerned.
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by jimmysho(m): 11:33am On Nov 16, 2013
all these drama is just to slow down the APC guys.

there are a lot of ways to rig o.

materials are insufficient at APC controlled LGA, are these coincidences or properly orchestrated scheme from the inec?

1 Like

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by ifeanyidavid: 11:36am On Nov 16, 2013
After all said and done today : A P G A all the way

8 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by dridowu: 11:38am On Nov 16, 2013
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by takedat(m): 11:39am On Nov 16, 2013
If the story about his arrest despite being a registered party election observer is true, it is a clear violation of his rights as guaranteed by the constitution. Political parties are allowed to have observers/monitors, they are also allowed to have or operate 'Situation Rooms' to monitor the election. Definitely if he is a registered party observer, he will have to move from his hotel room to wherever the Situation Rooms are sited.

We all may not like El-Rufai, but it is important that we must always speak out against Police harassment on any citizen, anyone of us may be the next victim if such impunity is allowed to carry on.

20 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by luvmijeje(f): 11:39am On Nov 16, 2013
What's wrong with Jonathan? He is becoming too desperate, I hope APC have backup plan.

4 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by slap1(m): 11:42am On Nov 16, 2013
Good riddance!
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by kaeto(m): 11:43am On Nov 16, 2013
gurnam: It's very funny how Easterners play politics of intolerance.... grin

If other Nigerians treat them like this...they would be shouting victimization all over town.
you must be one of the 20 milion uneducated almajiris in the north. How does the DSS translate into Igbos? Some of you find it hard to reason uprightly.

24 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by patriotic007: 11:43am On Nov 16, 2013
The law says that on an election day if you are not registered to vote in that territory and you are not an accredited election observer then stay off the streets,.....So El rufai is now above the law because he is against GEJ?please lets stop attacking GEJ anytime this people dance unclad in public,...anyway all this attck on GEJ has only won him more supporters and sympatisers than haters

8 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by caesaraba(m): 11:44am On Nov 16, 2013
owolabifunke14: Your dare them to shoot? Ok me dey my papa house dey wait for d news. Life no get duplicate,stay inside for your daughters sake dumb head. They need you

With due respect ma, I think you are the "dumb head" here. He has enough leverage to not make them shoot.

1 Like

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by somebodyz(m): 11:44am On Nov 16, 2013
naija_racist: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!
Anambra People, We Yorubas Appoint This Man To Rule You.
------------------------------------------------
This is the man, we Yorubas have chosen for you. Vote For him, Dr Chris Olaniyi Ngige or we will deport your people from Lagos. Dr Chris Olaniyi Ngige will collect tax from your traders in Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi and other cities in Anambra state on our behalf. We have invested a lot on Dr Chris Olaniyi Ngige and we deserve to be rewarded.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Evacuates Civil-War Bomb In Enugu (photo) / Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi / Ben Bruce Trolls President Buhari Using Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.