Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. (2098 Views)

RELIGION; The Opium Of The Masses. / Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? / Is Religion Really The Opium Of The Masses As Opined By Karl Marx? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2012
Each time I look around and see the level of hatred people exhibit just because of religion, I become very distressed. I see absolutely no reason why people can't tollerate each others views or religious affiliation. When will we stop this "madness"? When are we going to stop allowing our passion take the better part of our being? If someone's opinion offends you, can't you express your thoughts without necessarily running the person down? Two wrongs never make a right! I understand that it is very sensitive to talk about religion but I believe that there must be a common ground for everyone to relate in peace. If you can't find that common ground then know that we are first and foremost, humans before any religion. What religion did you practice in your mother's womb? The more we lose ourselves when talking about religion the more we prove Karl Max right.

1 Like

Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by destinedtee(m): 9:39pm On Nov 30, 2012
noted...religious intolerance leads to violence...one should not impose his views on another.
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by manmustwac(m): 10:38pm On Nov 30, 2012
Religion dose not unite people it divides people
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 30, 2012
You may want to note that person who made that statement , went on to form an ideology that was responsible for the utter destruction of over 200 million people within a short 50 period.

Not even religion can compete on this scale.
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by Nobody: 3:05am On Dec 01, 2012
frosbel: You may want to note that person who made that statement , went on to form an ideology that was responsible for the utter destruction of over 200 million people within a short 50 period.

Not even religion can compete on this scale.

You may want to note that you have made a fallacious claim.

We can as well say that the man that said "love thy neighbour" fromed a religion that has killed over 200 million people, enslaved millions and given a house to pedophiles for over 2000 years.

2 Likes

Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by Jezuspoa: 6:42pm On Apr 11, 2013
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by mazaje(m): 7:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
Religion is like racism, it segregates people. . .Christianity begins by saying that those who do not believe in Jesus are condemned already. . .Islam begins by saying that there is no god but allah and he dislikes the unbelievers. . .

1 Like

Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by mumumugu(m): 10:43pm On Apr 11, 2013
striktlymi: Each time I look around and see the level of hatred people exhibit just because of religion, I become very distressed. I see absolutely no reason why people can't tollerate each others views or religious affiliation. When will we stop this "madness"? When are we going to stop allowing our passion take the better part of our being? If someone's opinion offends you, can't you express your thoughts without necessarily running the person down? Two wrongs never make a right! I understand that it is very sensitive to talk about religion but I believe that there must be a common ground for everyone to relate in peace. If you can't find that common ground then know that we are first and foremost, humans before any religion. What religion did you practice in your mother's womb? The more we lose ourselves when talking about religion the more we prove Karl Max right.
specially for frosbel
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 11, 2013
I agree with this thread, Religion is a divider, Jesus is a uniter.

Follow Jesus and not Religion, you can never fail.

smiley
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
frosbel: I agree with this thread, Religion is a divider, Jesus is a uniter.

smiley

Did jesus unify the christian and the jew? Did jesus unify the pharisee andthe gentile.

Following jesus is a religion
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by saintvc(m): 12:26am On Apr 12, 2013

smiley

jesus said he has come to bring war . Father against daughter.
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by ooman(m): 7:54am On Apr 12, 2013
striktlymi: Each time I look around and see the level of hatred people exhibit just because of religion, I become very distressed. I see absolutely no reason why people can't tollerate each others views or religious affiliation. When will we stop this "madness"? When are we going to stop allowing our passion take the better part of our being? If someone's opinion offends you, can't you express your thoughts without necessarily running the person down? Two wrongs never make a right! I understand that it is very sensitive to talk about religion but I believe that there must be a common ground for everyone to relate in peace. If you can't find that common ground then know that we are first and foremost, humans before any religion. What religion did you practice in your mother's womb? The more we lose ourselves when talking about religion the more we prove Karl Max right.

You seem not to know the major problem here. Religions are only aftermaths of the cause. The main cause of religism and all other evil is that character called God.

God is the source of all evil. In the OT, God commanded the killing of idol worshipers. I know of no other religism than God commanding witches and wizards and idol worshipers to be killed.
The muslim God is worst.

God is the problem of man. God is the source of all evil. God is what we must do away with.
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by amanda2013(f): 8:20am On Apr 12, 2013
smh

1 Like

Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by Yooguyz: 6:11pm On Apr 12, 2013
why can't i stop going through this thread over and over again
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by manmustwac(m): 2:58pm On Apr 13, 2013

smiley

Why must we follow jesus? Why not Allah or Vishnu?
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by Yooguyz: 10:29am On Apr 14, 2013
manmustwac: Why must we follow jesus? Why not Allah or Vishnu?
Good day MMW how has your day been?
In answer to your question we must follow Jesus because he is the only link by which you can reach the true God
john 14:6
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by mazaje(m): 12:30pm On Apr 14, 2013
Yooguyz:
Good day MMW how has your day been?
In answer to your question we must follow Jesus because he is the only link by which you can reach the true God
john 14:6

Lie, Mohammed is the last messenger and link to the ONLY true god ALLAH. . .There is NO god but ALLAH. . .
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by Yooguyz: 9:01am On Apr 15, 2013
mazaje:

Lie, Mohammed is the last messenger and link to the ONLY true god ALLAH. . .There is NO god but ALLAH. . .
can show me proof of the above statement
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by Yooguyz: 10:59am On Apr 16, 2013
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by AtheistD(m): 11:08am On Apr 16, 2013

Maybe we should look closer at the doctrines of some of the major religions. These doctrines do not inspire love for other religions, they are intolerant and promote religious bigotry. This in turn promotes hatred and violence.

1 Like

Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 16, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Maybe we should look closer at the doctrines of some of the major religions. These doctrines do not inspire love for other religions, they are intolerant and promote religious bigotry. This in turn promotes hatred and violence.

Striklimi doesnt realise that he is also under the influence of the opium he describes. He thinks his religion is full of love and tolerance........we can ask the Amalekites about that....oh wait..

1 Like

Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by AtheistD(m): 11:29am On Apr 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Striklimi doesnt realise that he is also under the influence of the opium he describes. He thinks his religion is full of love and tolerance........we can ask the Amalekites about that....oh wait..

They were ethnically cleansed angry

1 Like

Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 16, 2013

They were ethnically cleansed angry

At least Uyi Iredia has confessed to the monstrosity that is Yahweh in the old testament and denied that Yahweh is a god of love. Let's see if Striky will wake up from the opium
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by AtheistD(m): 11:43am On Apr 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

At least Uyi Iredia has confessed to the monstrosity that is Yahweh in the old testament and denied that Yahweh is a god of love. Let's see if Striky will wake up from the opium

Most Xtians try to shy away from the God of the Old Testament.... except pastors who want to extract tithes and offerings grin
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 16, 2013

Most Xtians try to shy away from the God of the Old Testament.... except pastors who want to extract tithes and offerings grin

LOL......furthermore, christians like Ihe and Anony twist the bible to say that it was necessary for god to kill those people.
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by AtheistD(m): 3:05pm On Apr 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

LOL......furthermore, christians like Ihe and Anony twist the bible to say that it was necessary for god to kill those people.

Interesting.... why werent they instructed to go after the bigger kingdoms and forge a massive empire like Genghis Khan?
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 16, 2013

Interesting.... why werent they instructed to go after the bigger kingdoms and forge a massive empire like Genghis Khan?

Yahweh get liver? Genghis Khan was a real god of war.
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by AtheistD(m): 3:11pm On Apr 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yahweh get liver? Genghis Khan was a real god of war.

They tried it but realised it took more than chants and offerings to win battles.
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by Jezuspoa: 12:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
are you guys trying to say that God is blood thirzty?
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by truthislight: 2:34pm On Apr 18, 2013

I dont support tithing for christians neither do i collect tith, am not a pastor yet i LOVE Yahweh!

How then do you mean? undecided

will you stop the cheap lies of generalisation?
Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
truthislight:

I dont support tithing for christians neither do i collect tith, am not a pastor yet i LOVE Yahweh!

How then do you mean? undecided

will you stop the cheap lies of generalisation?
Keep deceiving yourself.

Did you read the post because he was clearly talking about "most" christians and "pastors who want tithes"

Generalisations my foot.

Btw, ou are one the the christians that shy away from the Yaweh of old testament.
Re: Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
Jezuspoa: are you guys trying to say that God is blood thirzty?

"Drunk with blood" would be more acurate

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buda Atum Does A Frank317 / Jonas' Sign To This Evil and Adulterous Generation / Why Are Most People Running From Anglican Churches To New Generation Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.